• Published 2nd Oct 2012
  • 1,287 Views, 7 Comments

The Special Brony Hug - Dr.Lovestrange



Rainbow Dash and Gilda have had a bet going, and Dash knows just the pony to collect with.

  • ...
3
 7
 1,287

AveryStrange's Ending

Dash was flying high. It was cool even on this summer day, and Dash wore a broad smile over her face. She had just gotten a rare letter from one of her oldest friends, Gilda letting her know she’d be in the area in a couple of weeks. While even Dash found the griffon abrasive at times, there was no denying all the experiences they had shared each summer. It had been a couple years now since camp, and almost as long since the two had met up, so Dash was more than enthusiastic.

Her mind turned over the many adventures they had that summer. Races and dares, pranks and bets. Like the time they had beaten the entire boys camp handily in a race, or the time they had dumped an entire bottle of hot sauce in the mess hall’s dinner, or the time Dash had snuck into the counselor’s bunk, stolen a book she kept under her bed, and... oh, horseapples. Dash’s mood (and altitude, as her wings briefly locked up) significantly dropped at a sudden memory..

It had been something of a silly bet, between two girls who barely even understood their own sexuality, but it had been a bet made nonetheless. What if Gilda was coming to announce her victory? What if she asked why Dash had never collected on the bet? What if Dash had to admit she had never even....

It was embarrassing, beyond embarrassing to Dash she had still never dated. Things had just always gotten in the way. For a while she had figured Fluttershy could have been the one, given how attached the older filly had been to Dash when they were growing up. But somehow it had just never quite happened, the merest hint of romance sending Fluttershy into a flustered state that could last for days. Very quickly after it had been made, Rainbow had forgotten about the bet entirely, and hadn’t put any conscious effort into dating for years.

It wasn’t like Dash didn’t have any options. Ponyville was chocked full of single mares, and the brash pegasus knew she had more than a couple admirers among them. The question simply was, who could she get with on short notice? She needed somepony who knew her, liked her, and wouldn’t be too-much of a hold out. Somepony she didn’t have to overtly woo too hard; Dash didn’t want to be a creep about it. After all, she couldn’t waste time with the whole ‘courting’ thing, especially given she barely knew how that worked to begin with. That struck out most candidates... but made Dash wonder. Would any of her friends...?

Fluttershy was right out, obviously. Rainbow wasn’t sure Fluttershy would date anypony, and as close as the two of them were, she just couldn’t see it happening. Applejack, on the other hand, Dash lingered on for several moments, before dismissing given the farmer’s traditionalist attitude towards most things. The idea of coming on to Twilight left a bad taste in Dash’s mouth; the unicorn was just too naive, it felt slimy to use her. Rarity was still busy trying to convince the world she was straight (Dash was privy to a lot of gossip from Fluttershy, so knew better) so that struck out another option. The only one left in Dash’s mind was... was... it was genius!

Dash fluttered down to Sugarcube Corner and let herself in. It wasn’t yet lunchtime, meaning that the normally popular eatery was still rather quiet. Neither Mr. or Mrs. Cake were around when she entered, but Rainbow could hear noise from the kitchen. She was familiar enough with the Cakes that she hopped over the counter and poked her head into the back. Luckily for her, it was Pinkie Pie whipping up a batch of cupcakes, no doubt for the incoming lunch rush. Dash paused a moment, taking in the quiet song Pinkie sung herself as she worked. They way Pinkie danced around, her smile, her love of life was just so apparent in her work. Rainbow decided that if she was going to do this, she was going to do this right.

“Oh, hey Dashie!” Pinkie noticed Dash staring, but offered her a friendly smile. “Sorry I can’t play right now! The Cakes had to do an emergency delivery and left me in charge!”

“Hi Pinkie.” Dash had never really taken notice of Pinkie Pie’s nickname for her, but now it made her wonder. “That’s okay, I was just wondering if...” all of the sudden she felt her confidence drain away, “...um, y’know, if you weren’t busy later...” she mumbled.

“Oh, I can totally play then!” Pinkie replied. She took a moment to suck on the batter spoon like it was a lollipop. “Me mudd mve mks!”

“Um, no, like, we hang out all the time,” Dash rubbed one foreleg with the other, “so I was thinking we could do something different this time? Maybe, like... dinner?” Wow, she really did feel like a dweeb right now. Pinkie was just so focused on her, it was intense. Rainbow had never noticed the pink party pony’s eyes before. They positively shone, especially now.

“Dinner? Dashie, are you asking me on a da~ate?” Pinkie sing-songed. Dash nodded, looking a little red. The exuberant pony bounded straight over the counter in an instant, grabbing a hold of Rainbow’s face.

“Oooh, of course I’ll go!” Pinkie tittered. Dash briefly thought Pinkie was going to kiss her there and then, but to her disappointment Pinkie let go of her.

“I’m so excited! We can go sledding together and go on balloon rides and to the county fair and share cotton candy and-” Pinkie gave a rare pause to breathe and Dash capitalized on it.

“Uhh, how about we just start with dinner?” She asked. “I’m pretty sure it’s too... summer... to go sledding anyway.” She filed away the county fair idea in case a second date was in order. After all, even if she did manage to win Gilda’s bet (possibly today, at this rate), no reason for them to stop dating. After all, this was beginning to look like a better and better idea.

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkie replied. “I need to finish all this baking anyway! Besides, where are we going to find a ukelele on such short notice?”

“O-kay... so, yeah. I can come over after you finish work?” She asked, receiving an exuberant nod from her friend.

“Wow,” Dash added under her breath, “this is easier than I thought.”

“Oh Dashie, were you worried?” Pinkie caught Dash’s words, and shot a smile in the surprised pegasus’s direction. “I like you, silly.”

Rainbow had never felt her cheeks redden quite as much as they did in that moment. She just nodded, her mouth too dry and awkward to risk speech on. Pinkie just got right back to work like nothing had happened. Dash looked around, and seeing no real reason to linger, let herself out. Okay, so she definitely wasn’t suave. But a dinner date was easy, right? You eat dinner, you walk home together, you... okay, Dash was stuck on that. But Pinkie definitely had some ideas of her own. Pinkie Pie was so confident, so energetic... so playful, and adorable, and... Dash walked face first into the door out of Sugarcube corner. Instead of little stars, little Pinkie Pies bounced around her head as she fell back. Embarrassed, she quickly opened the door and exited, mind turning to their date tonight.

---

“And that’s when I said, Oatmeal? You’re crazy!” Pinkie finished with a giggle. Across the table, Dash burst into laughter. Two plates of thoroughly cooled food sat almost untouched between the two ponies. Rainbow looked again at her date. They had swung a patio table on short notice, and Pinkie was lit by the orange rays of the setting sun. Without even communicating it, both of them had known to dress up slightly without overdoing it. Pinkie’s hair was a curly mess of course, but she had groomed her coat and put on a little makeup, showing a girly side Dash forgot existed in her friend. The brash pegasus in turn had pulled an old and ill-used brush through her mane and tail until they smoothed themselves out. Her bangs were even and her tail curled around in the cutest manner.

The evening had gone wonderfully. It was strange, given they had been friends for so long, but Dash had never really taken notice of all the little things before. The way Pinkie fluttered her eyelashes, how bubbly her laugh was, how cute she smiled. Rainbow couldn’t remember the last time she had this much fun, and she hadn’t even beaten anypony at anything! Instead she had just sat here and listened to Pinkie’s anecdotes and life stories, occasionally doing her best to offer something interesting in turn.

Once or twice the conversation had accidentally turned to more serious topics. Dash had feared she had blown it when she had made what she thought was a harmless comment regarding a bucket of turnips. But in the end Pinkie had seemed touch by how vehemently Rainbow apologized and swore her continued friendship to Pinkie, whatever moments she may have. Another time Pinkie had brought up her family, only to fade into a wistful stare at the horizon. Dash had brought her back with a tightly squeezed hoof and meaningful stare into the other pony’s eyes. It was clear something was going on between them, way more than Dash had expected.

Now the conversation was slowly dying down, and both ponies agreed they were done with their meals. Despite eating so little, Dash wasn’t the least bit hungry. She had other thoughts in mind. She hadn’t expected to enjoy this so much. Courting was easy, she figured, given how happy the both of them seemed with the date.

“So... how about I walk you home?” Rainbow asked, feeling more confident with herself. Pinkie gave a sly smile and battered her eyelashes.

“Okie dokie lokie.” She replied, bubbly and... seductively? Dash was pretty sure she had never heard that tone of voice from her friend before. It sounded like when Rarity was getting a stallion to do something for her. Funny how Rarity could get any stallion to do anything, yet remained so staunchly single, Dash thought with a smirk. She followed slightly behind Pinkie, drinking in the sight of her friend’s body. In short, she spent the short walk back to Sugarcube just straight up leering at Pinkie Pie’s hindquarters.

“Hey Dashie.” Pinkie looked over her shoulder as they reached the door. She clearly caught Rainbow staring at her backside, but simply grinned at the lovestruck pegasus.

“Mr. and Mrs. Cake are probably already asleep.” Pinkie stated. “Wanna go have a little fun?”

Dash’s brain exploded, her knees quivered, and her wings shot open all at once. Pinkie Pie giggled and opened the door. After a second, lust took over Dash’s vacant mind and drove her forward. Sugarcube Corner was strange to her in the dark, but she only cared about the staircase on the other side of the room. There was a light coming from the top of the stairs, along with the sound of melodious giggling. Thoughts of the future near and far swam in Rainbow’s head. She could collect on Gilda’s bet with her fillyfriend as proof. She and Pinkie could go sledding and to fairs and she’d buy Pinkie Pie a cotton candy larger than her head. And then another. They could go out on adventures, go pranking, and at the end of the day... she reached the top of the stairs.

Several minutes passed as the sun set. Few ponies were still on the street, but a few were lucky enough to be around Sugarcube Corner when it happened. From the single lit window, a blue-and-rainbow blur shot out like a bat out of hell. Dash panted as she raced far, far away, not even daring to look back. Had she, she would have seen Pinkie Pie run to the window behind her. The pink party pony’s forelegs were covered in black latex sleeves, and she looked rather like a unicorn with the strap-on wrapped around her forehead.

“Wait, Dashie, come back!” She called out. “It’s okay! We can only use the mini dildo cannon this time! Come baaaaaaaaack!” Seeing Dash instead disappear into the difference, she placed her hoof against her chin and frowned.

“Hmph. Guess it’s time to go back to Rarity.” She said, closing the window. In the distance, Rainbow Dash had reached her home. Let Gilda come, bet or not. If that was sex, Dash was quite happy being a boobless dunce until the day she died.