• Published 28th Aug 2023
  • 336 Views, 2 Comments

Sunny with Six Sins - Halloween Spirit



We all know how the fall formal ends Sunset gets blasted by a chromatic laser and gets turned back from her demonic looking self.

  • ...
 2
 336

Chapter 3 Greed of family.

Author's Note:

Chapter 3 is here and another new character. Hopefully the wait was worth it.

Chapter 3 Greed of family

Grape Vine or Vinny as he was known sat across from his cousin Jacqueline. Vinny could see something was bothering his cousin and he wasn't sure what but he'd help her if he could. It was something his father had impressed on him the moment he could understand words family was the most important thing and you helped and protected those that are family.

"Hey Jackie what's the matta you look like something is wrong. It's not those two jokers from Manehattan again trying to weasel Grandma Smith out of the farm again, because if it is I could ask my cousin Tony to make them rethink it," Vinny said finally breaking the silence between the two.

"Hmm, no no it's not them again those to varmints skipped town after talking with your dad Uncle Vineyard. Thanks for that by the way," Jackie said as she brought back from her mood.

"Fuggedaboutit your family all you Apples and my dad doesn't leave family in the wind. Now what's troubling you," Vinny said smiling at his cousin.

"Sunset," Jackie said and the smile on Vinny's face contorted into a frown.

"Oh yeah and what's that bitch done to you now," Vinny said hearing about his old friend. The two had been friends before alongside Chem and his sister however the friendship didn't survive after one of the group had moved away. Sunset had seen it as a breaking of trust and she'd well lashed out at the five of them. He'd of forgiven Pride for it till she went after Jacqueline and her friends he could careless about the whole school.

"Nothing just you think she's really turned around after well last night," Jackie said wanting a second opinion on the matter.

"Jackie if you asked me this a week ago I would say I wouldn't tell that girl she was on fire if she was burning," Vinny said not that it even effect Pride she was fire proof. "Still wouldn't either not till I see for my own eyes that she's actually sorry for the shit she did to you," he said giving his two cents on the matter. Just then the bell rang letting the two know the free period was up.
"See you around Jackie," Vinny said as she left for lunch.

----

Sunset and Chem walked the hall leading to the cafeteria with Chem running interference for most of the dirty looks Sunset was getting. When the two walked into the cafeteria a loud cheerful voice called out to Sunset. "Sunny over here," yelled a pink haired girl. The shout got everyone's attention and soon the whole cafeteria was looking between Sunset and Pinkie pie. "Gee thanks Pinkie," Sunset thought as she made her way over Chemical Bliss giving a quizzical look between his friend and the party happy teen.

"Well at least Pinkie doesn't hate your guts," Chem said as they walked up to the table. Most of the girls were there sitting Pinkie was the only one who looked genuinely happy to see Sunset while Rarity smile was politely fake Fluttershy was hiding behind her hair and Jackie was not keeping any eye contact with Sunset.
"So this your new cronie Shimmer," a rough voice said as Rainbow Dash let herself be known. She was glaring daggers at Sunset and the general feel of the group seemed to catch up with Pinkie as her hair went straight instead of the mess of curls. "I an't no one's cronie Crash just making sure a friend is doing alright after she got hit with a laser last night. So Jackie how's Greed doing still working with his old man," Chem said looking at Dash then switching over to AJ.

Jackie looked confused at the choice of words. "What's ya mean by Greed I don't know anyone named that,"Jackie said to Chemical Bliss. "Ah right you know him as Grape Vine sorry Greed was his nickname back when we were friends still are for the most part," Chem said as it made sense that Greed likely didn't share his nickname with family.

"Hey, were not done talking," Dash cut in. "No we are Dash if you're just gonna antagonize then we got nothing to say till things cool down," Chem said not really wanting to trade verbal shivs with the chromatic haired athlete. "Whatever," Dash said going down to the far side of the table near Jackie.

"I-I didn't know you knew cousin Vinny," Jackie said trying to process the situation that had happened. "Yeah Greed,Pride, my sister ,and I all go way back along with Cane sugar and Envy," Chem said at the mention of Cane sugar Sunset hands clenched. "Umm, what happened you don't have to say if you don't want to," Fluttershy said surprising Sunset and Chem "Can we not talk about Wrath," Sunset said in a mumbled tone. Chemical gave an apologetic look to her. "Right sorry Pride," Chem said. He guessed it was still a sore wound for Sunset as well she had seen Cane as an older brother figure and Cane had certainly dotted over the younger teen like an protective older brother.

Sunset flet a finger tap her shoulder lightly turning towards the person she saw Passion Fruit standing behind her. "Hey," she said stiffly. "This seat taken," she then said squeezing between Chem and Rarity. Rarity gave a indignant yelp at being pushed further down the bench but didn't say more although she did level a side eye at Passion. The rest of lunch passed pretty quick after that the group mostly idle chatting. Pinkie slowly seem to get her old chipper self back as this happened. Soon the bell rang and the lunch period was over. As Sunset got up and walked out she bumped into to what felt like a brick wall. "Woah easy there," a eeriely familiar voice. Sunset looked up from the hand and felt like she was seeing things. "Pride," Cane said surprised at seeing it was Sunset he had bumped into.