• Published 29th Sep 2012
  • 1,974 Views, 28 Comments

PONY OR DIE 1 - MLPG



Collection of short stories all in a chain going from picture to story to picture from MLPG

  • ...
1
 28
 1,974

Entry 35 and 36, Final

Entry 35, by Leth

It was strange, watching the world pass by. Daily would the customers enter, walking right by me, but never notice me. I got used to noticing their habits, their stances, the way they held themselves, how their expressions and motions changed when they thought no one was looking. It was slightly unnerving when the shopkeep used me to model dresses on my form while the customers stared. Of course they weren't staring at me. I was just a setpiece. A model. Background.

It didn't matter what I thought or felt about it. I was stuck here forever anyway. Nearly every day the shop would light up in the morning, the ponies would come in, waste their time worrying about what other ponies thought about how they looked, spent all their hard-earned bits on useless strips of cloth, then go about their 'lives'. They don't realize how good they have it. Being able to go wherever they please, and just squandering it. I first grew envy, but then hate. Hate towards those that fretted their lives away, not using the gift of mobility and flesh. But even the hate eventually melted into apathy. It was hard staying angry at anything for years. Especially when I see them do the most ridiculous things when they're 'alone'.

Every once in a while, somepony would look at me. Not the clothes that were on me, not the space behind me, but me. I always liked it when someone actually looked at me. Paid attention to me. Sometimes it was just for a fleeting moment. Other times, it was for what seemed like a minute or two. But occasionally, there's one mare that just seems to stare at me for a while. Like she knows me. Or at least wants to know me. I can't help but to stare back. Well, at least as much as I can without being able to move my eyes. It saddens me when she leaves, but I understand. It's boring just standing there starting, without anypony to talk to. But I enjoy her company anyway. Maybe someday, I'll be able to stare back at her.

Final Entry 36, by Obsidian

Comments ( 2 )

1357925

Could you believe that it took me until I read the story you drew it from just now before I noticed that you didn't give Rarity a cutie mark?

(Cohesive Story Attempt: Epilogue)
Lyra and the other "Golden Age" petrified ponies were found hundreds of years later and treated as the statues and mannequins they appeared to be while clinging onto only the barest traces of awareness. Twilight's spell wouldn't wear off for another thousand years, where Lyra would awaken in a very different world. But that is another story.

The End. Again.:derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment