• ...
 0
 583

Beat the Tirek

It was a breezy Saturday at Canterlot, Sunset Shimmer and Rainbow Dash decided to play video games together at Sunset's house. As the two were playing Tirek's Revenge. The two have been playing the past 6 hours, and all of the empty bags of chips, and empty cans on sodas were lying on the ground as the two just entered level 10 of the game.

"Alright, level 10!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed as her and Sunset's characters proceed in the game. "We better not lose this, Sunset!"

"Rainbow Dash," Sunset told her. "We haven't take a single health damage throughout the game."

"Well don't die on this one!"

"Whatever, just take it seriously."

Then their character come across with triple monsters and frantically press the buttons of their controls to defeat the triple monsters in the game. As they defeat the triple monsters, a big pink reddish pink dragon appears and it's breathing fire.

"Great," RD whined. "As if 1 creature is bad enough!"

"Rainbow, we're going to beat it. We have to!" Sunset told her. "Hit him!"

It took about a minute and a half to defeat the reddish pink dragon until it lost of his health and passed Level 10.

"YES!" The girls cheered.

"I told you we were going to beat it! I told you!"

"I always knew were going to make it." Rainbow Dash said, then gasps when she and Sunset made it to the last level. "Sunset, look! We made it to the final level!"

"Dash, do you know what this means?"

"Equestrian Magic on the loose?"

"No, we have to beat Tirek."

"Well the last time we all play this game, we died at the end."

"But this time, we're not letting that happen again."

"Well, get ready to live because he was about to appear any second!"

Then in the game, Tirek appears before their eyes, telling them the game is on.

"It's Tirek!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, as she and Sunset both jump off the couch and frantically press the buttons of the controllers. "Hit him! Hit him!"

"I am hitting him! Nothing's working!" Sunset cried.

Their characters were hitting Tirek but he doesn't seem to affected by their attacks and shoots out fire breath at them, thus costing a life of their characters.

"Just one hit and takes a whole life!" Sunset said.

They try to attack him again but Tirek kills them yet again. Knowing it's their last life, they quickly get away from him.

"Don't let him touch you, Dash!"

"I'm not, I'm not!"

Sunset's character has been cornered. "AHH! RAINBOW DASH, HELP ME!"

Rainbow's character pulls out a mirror as and stood in front of Sunset's character as Tirek shoot fire from his mouth at them, but his flames was easily bounced back to him because of the mirror and Tirek's health decrease a bit.

"You found his weakness!" Sunset said. "Quick, let's used that mirror to-!"

Before they knew it, the TV suddenly turned off.

"What just happened?" Sunset quickly runs to the TV to turn it back on.

"I don't know!" Rainbow respond, grabbing the remote and frantically pressing the power button. Sunset slams the top of the TV and it was turned on a split second later and again turned off but also barely saw that the game was still on before the TV was turned off.

"The game is still on! Quick, pause it!"

Rainbow Dash presses the pause button on the controller. "It's paused!"

Sunset continues slamming the TV but it turns off a split second and then she stopped. "Rainbow Dash, you have to do it."

"Wait, why me?"

"Dash, no one has ever beat Tirek in this game. And we're probably the only ones who know his weakness and we got a chance. I'll keep the TV working while you finish him."

"Alright, let's do this!"

"Ready... Go!"

Then Sunset keep banging the TV to keep on while at the same time, Rainbow Dash fights Tirek in the game but it's proven to be more difficult to beat Tirek alone and also the TV kept on turning off and on every split second.

"I can't do it!" Rainbow yelled and quickly pause the game.

"Mane, we totally going to beat it!"

"I know. He's just too challenging to beat alone."

"Alright, Dash, we're going to borrow another TV." Sunset suggested.


The two headed to Applejack's farmhouse, the Sweet Apples Acres and told her about their situation and all.

"Ah'm sorry ya'll but ya'll outta luck." Applejack told them, shook her head. "Our TV was destroyed last week and we don't have enough money to but a new one. What's wrong with the TV at yer' place Sugarcube?"

"I don't know it's broken." Sunset told her.

"C'mon AJ, is there at least some tips to fix a broken TV?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Sorry Rainbow Dash but I don't know how. But ya'll could ask Fluttershy to borrow one."


The two went to Fluttershy's house and asked her for a TV.

"Oh, so both of you were going to beat Tirek?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah, and we really need to borrow your TV now because we're probably the only ones that beat Tirek." Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry girls but I already sold the TV for a garage sail so I can have a lot of money to afford some things for the poor baby ducks."

"It's fine Fluttershy, we could just ask someone else for a TV." Sunset Told her. "Want to come a long?"

"Oh sure, I love to come!" Fluttershy agreed.

"Hey, let's go and see Lemon Zest for a TV. I know where her place was." RD suggested.


The three went to LZ's place with RD's guidance and knock the door, waiting for her to answer.

"Who is it?" Lemon's voice was heard inside of her house.

"It's us." Sunset answered bluntly.

"What do you want?"

"We want to borrow your TV."

"And why should I?"

"Because," Sunset says. "We are about to beat Tirek."

"WHAT?!" Lemon Zest comes outside. "Nobody can beat Tirek, Sunset Shimmer! It's impossible!"

"Not for us. Can you let us borrow your TV or what?"

"Yeah, you can borrow it. If only you tell me what Tirek looks like."

"He's red, big as an Equestrian creature."

"Sunny!"

Sunny flare flips the pages of the video game manual and founds a page of what Tirek looked like in the game, confirming Sunset's answer was correct.

"Oh Mane!" Lemon Zest exclaimed.

"So can we borrow it?"

"Yes you can, so we can watch you lose!" Lemon Zest laughed and picks up the TV while it's still plugged. "This is going to be hilarious!" Then with the TV plugged, it made her drop it thus destroying it already.

"How about Vice Principal Luna's TV?" RD asked.


The girls went to the CHS sister's house (A name I just come up with) and Sunset knock on the door, waiting for her to answer.

"Tell her we need it." Rainbow told her.

"Yeah," Lemon Zest added. "Tell her we need to watch you lose!"

With Sunset's anger issues, she wrestled Lemon for a bit but was stopped when Luna opened the door.

"Oh, hey, Vice Principal Luna."

"Tell her we need it."

"What is it?"

"Well, um, we're just stopping by and-" But Luna interrupted her.

"Whatever it is, it' can't be important. Plus, I'm busy."

"Can we borrow your TV?" Sunset asked.

"No." As she was about to close the door, Rainbow and Lemon stopped her from doing it.

"Please," Rainbow begged. "We got to beat Tirek! We need it!"

"Yeah, Tirek, like when you say that but you can't possibly talking about Equestrian Magic on the loose."

"It's a video game." Sunset told her.

"Hmm, I see..."

"So can we borrow it?"

"No you can't but you can have one in a store that gives away free TV's." Luna suggested. "You should start looking there."

"Thanks, Vice Principal Luna," Sunset said.

"My pleasure." She closed the door as the group went back into Sunset's car.

"Hey, I know someone who works that place." Lemon Zest said.

"Then why you didn't say it in the first place?" Rainbow asked bluntly.

"You didn't ask."


The 5 went to the TV store and go to Lemon's friend, Timmy.

"We'd like one of those flat screens from the commercial." Sunset said.

"The flat screens are full-price." Timmy told them.

"But your commercial said you give away free TV's!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Come on, Timmy, you gotta have something for us!"

"Sorry, Lemon, there's nothing I can do..."

"But Timmy, these girls made it all the way to Tirek! And I want to see them lose!"

Timmy was shock to hear that. "Whoa! Are you serious?!" He looks around for a bit. "Okay. I might got something for you but don't tell anyone."

They follow Timmy around the back and he showed him it something than what they have expected. Is an old TV laying on the ground.

"What is that?"

"It's a TV."

"Does it even turn on?"

"Yes it can." He turns it on but the screen is grayscale.

"Aww what?" Rainbow whined. "It's black and white!"

The group complained about this and were not satisfied.

"Look, you girls want a TV for free! This is a TV for free!"

"How much it'll cost you?" Sunny Flare asked.

"That'll be a a grand, please."


Knowing they can't afford that much money, they decided to take it for free and bring it back to Sunset's place. It was now nighttime, Sunset place down the TV next to the old broken one.

"Make sure the game is still paused." Rainbow told her.

Sunset slammed the TV again and it shows the game while it still paused and later turned off in a split second.

"You really did get to Tirek!" Lemon exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's what we told you." Rainbow said bluntly.

"I thought you were lying."

"Why would we do that?"

"Because you're not good anything to get to Tirek, you're a just a noob!" She shoves Rainbow Dash and shoves back at her.

"You're the noob!"

They started to wrestle but was stopped by Sunset's voice.

"Guys, stop!" Sunset told them. "We got a problem! This thing doesn't have the right hookups!"

"What? Then what does it have?" RD asked as she and Lemon let go of each other.

"I don't know it has a weird...thing but it doesn't match this other thing! Plus none of these are plugged in, I mean, look at this!" Sunset shows the a weird looking plug.

"What kind of plug is that?"

"Forget this Mane, you're wasting our time anyway. Just shut it off." As Lemon was about to turn off the console, Sunset grabbed her hand to stop.

"But we can't just give up! We got to beat Tirek even though it's just a game! We might never get this far in the game again! So please, anyone who can help us? Please, help us."

Lemon Zest put a hand on her shoulder. "Let us try, Dude."


So, Lemon Zest went back to her house and grab the cords from her broken TV, meanwhile Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy visited Twilight's house and asked her for her help, she agrees and provides them extra things for the old TV and decided to tag along with them. Once it's done, the weird looking plug was able to fit into the socket plug thanks to Twilight's help and they were able to switch the TVs and now it's working and doesn't mind about the black and white screen.

"Alright, it's on!" Sunset says and looks at Rainbow Dash. "Ready, Dash?"

"I was born ready!"

But before they start the game, everything in Canterlot was shut off thus coming off as a huge black out. Also, their TV and their controllers were fuse together into a character of the video game...Tirek.

"It's Tirek!" Lemon exclaimed, going beside him." He's real!"

"Lemon get away from him!" Twilight told her.

"Dudes, take a picture of me, I-!" But she was knocked down by Tirek with his fire breath almost burning her alive.

The fight begins and they tried their best to avoid Tirek's fire breath knowing how dangerous was especially in a video game. The fight become much worse when Sunset got owned on the back, Tirek's fire breath through Rainbow Dash to a wall, Lemon and Sunny Flare got burnt marks on their left arms while Twilight was burnt a bit badly. While Fluttershy just hide behind the couch. Next thing they know is that Tirek is creating powerful fire ball.

"What's he doing?!"

"Everybody get down!"

They took cover and at the same, Timmy came into the house and he looks pretty grumpy.

"Yo, Lemon Zest, my boss found that I gave you guys that TV and he fired me. Is it cool if I crash here - what the?!" Before he react, Tirek fired the powerful fire ball at him, thus throwing him away from the house and hits the ground thus instantly killing him by exploding him.

"How are we suppose to hurt him?" Twilight asked, still groaning in pain.

"I don't know! He's invincible in the game too until we bounce his attacks with," Then Sunset realized. "Mirrors! Quick, get some mirrors and use it to block all of his attacks!"

They all grab each mirrors and use it to bounce Tirek's fire back at him thus giving more damage. They repeat process until his health is almost low.

"He's almost dead!" Rainbow shouted.

"Quick, find something else!" Twilight ordered.

Sunset pulled out a hand mirror from her saddlebag and bounced Tirek's attack with it thus Tirek lay down groaning in pain.

"The control pads! Get the control pads!" Twilight told Sunset and Rainbow as the two went and grabbed their controllers which are his hands while Lemon and Sunny restrain him from escaping with the help of Twilight's telekinesis powers. His face transits to the video game but it's no longer black and white.

"The game!" Sunset and Rainbow exclaimed.

"Play it!"

The two frantically pressed their buttons to defeat Tirek once and for all. And when he's down, his form disappeared and Tirek in the game was defeated, and the old TV fell down on the ground thus breaking it. And the city's power came back to normal.


"Yes, we did it!" Sunset cheered as the rest cheered as well.

And then, they all reach out and give each other a high five to celebrate their victory.


THE END