• Published 13th Jun 2023
  • 418 Views, 2 Comments

The Irregular Misadventures of the Equestria Girls (Volume 1) - ShopperBrony90



Regular Show rewrite, but with the Equestria Girls and the other students and staff of Canterlot High.

  • ...
 2
 418

Rainbow Skunk

It begins with the students at Camp Everfree, each pair of students assigned with different tasks assigned by Gloriosa Daisy. Both Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer were assigned to pick up dead animals while holding a dead animal bingo card.

Rainbow Dash found another dead animal and marked a square on the bingo card.

"Now this is more like it," Rainbow Dash says, "Just a few more and we got a bingo!"

"This is totally gross, you know," Sunset complained. "I can't believe Gloriosa made a dead animal bingo card to have us pick up these poor animals. If Fluttershy sees this, then she would seriously be going to kill us."

"So what? We have to pick dead animals in Everfree anyway, that's how we make the camp more awesome. We might as well try to work for a little. Besides, Gloriosa said that we'll stop once we get a bingo." Rainbow said.

"Fine but I still think you're enjoying this too much."

Then they spent the rest of the day picking up roadkill. (Of course, while making sure that Fluttershy didn't see what they were doing) And after about 7 hours, the girls were looking for one last dead animal.

Then Rainbow Dash sniffed something. "Ah, Sunset, if you're gonna use it, you could at least warn me!"

"It's not me!" She then points at a skunk. "Look!"

They then slowly approach a big skunk in the road.

"Aw, skunk!" Sunset says. "If I was Fluttershy, I would definitely take this skunk home.

"Wait, skunk?" She looks at the bingo card, seeing the skunk marked on it.

"Sunset, we got bingo!"

"We did?"

"We did! Come on, let's get this skunk in the bag!" Rainbow Dash tries to pick up the skunk, but the skunk sprays her right in the face. Sunset backed away and covered her nose.

"Hey, hey, hey!" The skunk shouted. "What is that for?!"

"This is so gross! What did I do to you?!"

"You girls think you can just pick up a guy in broad daylight and mug him in the middle of the woods?!"

"We're not mugging you! We thought you were dead!"

"I was sleeping!"

"In the middle of the streets?" She asked.

"Oh, who are you, the queen of sleep, telling people where they can and cannot go to sleep?!"

"We're sorry, we thought you were dead. We were just doing our task. We thought we had bingo."

"So, because you thought I was dead, you thought you got bingo? What kind of terrible game is that?!"

"Our…director of the camp-Gloriosa Daisy assigned us to do this. No Bingo." Sunset replied.

"Hey, are we missing something here?!" Rainbow chimes in. "I can't go back to the campsite when I smell like this!"

The skunk laughed. "You think you just turn it off? No, I'm stuck with it, and so were you."

"Come on, don't be a wuss and tell me how to get rid of this!"

"Did you just call me a wuss?"

"Yeah, what else should I call you?"

Then the skunk grows into a giant monster and grabs Rainbow Dash. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM! LET'S SEE HOW YOU LIKE WHEN YOU CAN'T TURN IT OFF!"

"Let her go!" Sunset comes back with a shovel. "Let her go or I'm gonna make you wish you were a dead animal!" The skunk lets her go. "Now get lost!"

"You girls are disgusting! I'm outta here!" He then walks off, but Rainbow Dash stops him.

"Wait; at least tell me how to get rid of this smell!"

"Yeah right." He yelled. "Figure it out yourself!" Then he left.

"What do we do now?!"

"We should head back to the camp." Sunset suggested.

When they returned to the camp, they saw Applejack who had just finished her task with Rarity.

"Howdy ya'll. How's that-Ew! Something stinks around here!" She then covers her nose.

"Rainbow Dash got sprayed by a skunk," Sunset explained. "And that skunk can even turn into a monster and nearly kill her!"

"Yeah! And I can't continue the day like this! Everyone will avoid me forever!"

"Don't worry, Sugarcube," Applejack assured her. "We better get that smell off of you immediately. It stinks more than your dirty hands 'cause you didn't wash your hands every day!"

"Did you just insult me?!" Rainbow Dash gets really mad and shapeshifts into a monster and grabs Applejack. "DON'T TELL ME HOW STINKY MY HANDS ARE! WHAT, YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST INSULT ME LIKE THAT, HUH?! WHAT ARE YOU?! A COWGIRL?! FARMGIRL?! OR A POOR LITTLE GIRL?!" She then throws Applejack to a branch of a tree. When she sees this Rainbow Dash realized what she just did and slowly turned back to normal. "Oh my god, Applejack! I am so sorry! I don't know what came over me!"

"It's alright, but what was that for?"

"I said I don't know what came over me! I just became mad all of a sudden and then-I'm so sorry, Applejack!"

"Girls, maybe we should talk to Twilight."

The girls were inside Sunset and Sci-Twi's tent. Sci-Twi examines Rainbow Dash and finally figures out what's with her.

"That was a were-skunk." Sci-Twi said.

"What?"

"Yeah. Whoever got sprayed by one will be cursed and turned into one by nightfall."

"What?! What am I going to do?!" Rainbow panicked.

"This is bad. This isn't an ordinary skunk. You could take a shower, and if that doesn't work, try coffee because it will dehydrate you and draw some of the smell out."

"A bath? Hot coffee? Is that the best thing you could ever think of?!" She then transforms into a ferocious monster again. "OH YOU THINK YOU'RE SO SMART ARE YOU?! I'M TWILIGHT SPARKLE, I'M SO SMART THAT I DON'T KNOW THE STRANGE ENERGIES CAME FROM OUR SCHOOL AND UNINTENTIONALLY STOLE OUR MAGIC DURING THE FRIENDSHIP GAMES! WELL GUESS WHAT?! I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE YOU STOPPED MAKING INVENTIONS THAT WOULD KILL US OR WORSE!" She then throws Sci-Twi's book of invention into the ground and destroys it. She realized what she just did and slowly turned back to normal.

"Oh no! What should I do?! I'm so sorry Twilight!"

"What's gotten into you?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know! But I can't control it! Twilight I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay I got copies, but you should find a better way to get rid of the smell, because once the transformation is complete, you'll never want to be normal again."

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash takes a shower at the girl's shower room that Gloriosa had provided. Sunset then knocks on her door. "Rainbow Dash, I looked all over the internet. We should probably try the hot coffee idea if the shower doesn't work. Are you done? Did it work?"

The door opens and Rainbow Dash steps out of the shower, wearing a towel. But she still smells like skunk, so clearly it doesn't work. "I tried everything Sunset. I used soap, shampoo, conditioner, cologne, perfume and deodorant."

"But I thought the soap would do the trick. Did you try to lather, rinse and repeat?"

"Yeah, I did lather, rinse and repeat, and I used everything here!" She then transforms again and grabs Sunset. "WHAT, YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW HOW TO KEEP MY BODY CLEAN?!" She then throws Sunset on the ground hard. Really, really hard. Rainbow Dash realized what she just did and slowly turned back to normal.

"Sunset, I'm terribly sorry!"

"Just try to keep calm, okay?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright, let's get you some coffee."

Then they sat down on a log.

"Just relax. I'll go get you that coffee, okay? Relax."

Then Sunset quickly ran and went to Flash Sentry. Who was with Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

"Hey Flash," Sunset greeted. "May I have that coffee you packed? Rainbow Dash needs it, quick."

"What's wrong, Sunset?" Flash asked.

"She got sprayed by a were-skunk." Sunset replied.

"Then how's coffee going to fix this?"

"We thought it might cure her. Maybe."

"Oh, poor darling," Rarity says in despair. "I hope this will work."

"It’ll work Rarity. Probably."

Then Flash quickly brought out his mug and made a hot coffee and gave it to Sunset. "Here you go, Sunset."

She took the mug of coffee and gave it to Rainbow Dash. "I hope this works."

She then drinks the coffee. "Well did it work?"

Rainbow Dash sniffs herself and the smell is still in her. "No."

"Can you try pouring it at yourself?" Sci-Twi asked.

"Fine." She pours the coffee at her but it's so hot that she screams and flies out of her seat.

"Did it work?"

"No! It was really hot!" She then hears Snips and Snails laughing a few feet away from her. She then becomes furious. "You think this is funny?!" She then changes and grabs the two former henchmen by their shirts. "WELL DON'T THINK THIS IS FUNNY, THIS IS ME YOU'RE LAUGHING AT!"

"Rainbow Dash!" Sunset shouted. "This isn't you, STOP!"

Rainbow Dash sees a shock, scared of students and scared Snips and Snails.

"Woah, you're scaring me!" Snips said.

"Please let me go! I'll do anything for you! Please!" Snails begged.

Rainbow Dash felt guilty and put them down gently and turned back to normal.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry!" She then runs back to her tent she shared with Fluttershy.

"Rainbow Dash, wait!"

Rainbow Dash lays down on her bed and starts sobbing. The Equestria Girls come and speak to her. "Rainbow Dash?"

"Go away!"

"We're here to help you, darling." Rarity said.

"Just stay away from me!"

"But we just want to talk to ya' Sugarcube."

"AJ, stay back! I nearly hurt them! I'm a monster!"

"Rainbow Dash, you're our friend, not a monster."

"But don't you guys see what I did?! I would never hurt anyone! I represent the element of Loyalty and I will never dare to hurt anyone I know and cared for! But if I keep hurting everyone I know, then I don't deserve to be one of the elements of harmony anymore!" She curls up like a ball and starts crying.

The girls sat down next to her and comforted her.

"But Rainbow Dash, you're not a monster." Sunset said. "Well, I did turn into one since the Fall Formal, but this is different than that. And so does Twilight since the Friendship Games. But what I'm going to say is that we've come so far together and went through difficult challenges together. And you're the only one we can help."

"But how? There's no cure for me."

"But there's still time to cure you. No matter what happens, you'll always be our friend, even if you did turn into a monster, we still love you."

"You are?"

"Of course, darling, we will help you no matter what happens to you." Rarity assured her.

"I would also make you feel home if you ever did turn into a skunk monster." Fluttershy said.

"But we're still going to find a way to change you back." Sci-Twi said. "Even if it means if you turn into a monster like you guys turned Sunset back to normal and she changed me back to normal as well."

"It may seem that hope is lost but that doesn't mean we will lose a friend like you!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Listen Rainbow Dash, if me and Twilight changed back to normal after we turned into monsters, and you'll be changed back too." Sunset said. "Right now, we must find a way immediately."

"We will always be with you when you needin'n us the most." Applejack said.

Rainbow Dash felt a bit better and wiped her tears away. "Thanks guys. How could I do without you?"

"Hey, it's what friends do for each other. And I just told you the same advice you gave me ever since the Fall Formal." Sunset said.

Rainbow Dash smiled and stood up. "Okay. If we're going to find a way to cure me, then we need answers from that skunk!"

"How are we going to find that darn thing?" AJ asked.

"And Fluttershy's power doesn't seem to have any effect on him."

"Well since Sunset and Rainbow found him somewhere around the woods, so he could be anywhere around here." Sci-Twi said.

"Then I have to look for him by myself." Rainbow said determinedly. Channeling her geodes powers and running off with her super speed.

Rainbow Dash runs her way to the hills and sees a house. Assuming that the skunk must have lived there, she ran to the door and bang on it.

"Skunk, come out!" She continues banging on the door. "I know you're in there!"

The door opens and the skunk comes out. "What? Oh, it's you. What do you want, a rainbow haired tramp?" (No pun intended)

"You darn know why I'm here! I need you to tell me to get rid of this smell!"

"And why is that? You called me a wuss, remember?"

"Okay, I'm sorry but you could please tell me let this be bygones be bygones?"

"The thing is, I'm sick of being disrespected. Always getting dirty looks, people yelling at you, people hating you all the time. With you as a skunk, things won't go so bad. All that negative attention won't fall just on me. It'll fall on you too. We'll split fifty, fifty, partner."

Rainbow Dash was enraged, turned into a monster and tackled the skunk and rapidly punched him. "TELL ME NOW HOW TO GET RID OF THIS STUPID SMELL OF YOURS?! TELL ME! TELL ME!"

"It's orange juice! But it's too late anyway. The transformation's already started, friend!"

Rainbow Dash activates her super speed and runs her way back to town. She started to grow skunk fur all over but after a few seconds, she was back at town and made it to her house and went to the kitchen and opened every cabinet and saw the can of orange juice. She grabs a can opener and pours orange juice on herself, but it has no effect. "Why is it not working?!"

"Come on, you didn't think that was the real cure, didn't you? It's not orange juice, I was just stalling you, so you'd run out of time. Don't worry-once you'll become like me-you'll never want to be normal again!"

Rainbow Dash knelt down and screams in anguish as the transformation continues.

"Rainbow Dash!"

The skunk looks through the window and sees Rarity's limo pulled over and the girls were seen exiting the limo from the back. They tried to open the door, but the skunk locked it before they touched the doorknob.

"Hey, open the door!" Sunset shouted. "We're getting our friend back!"

"It's too late- she's my friend now!"

"We're going to get our Dashie back, you big stinky meanie!" Pinkie shouted.

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack shouted through the door. "We figured it out: Tomato paste! The cure is tomato paste!"

Rainbow Dash goes over to the cabinet and sees the can of tomato paste but the skunk knocks her door and starts beating her.

"Oh, that does it!" Applejack activates her super strength and ponies up and breaks through the door with her fist as if it was nothing.

"It looks like someone wants to fight." Skunk said as he stood up and held up his fists.

Then the fight broke out between Applejack and the skunk and Applejack landed a few punches on him, sending him to hit a wall a few times, thus enraging him. Applejack used her instincts to avoid getting sprayed, so she won't end up in the same situation as Rainbow Dash and begin landing another punch on the head thus knocking him on the ground hard. The skunk became super furious and landed multiple punches on her and she was unable to dodge all of his attacks. The girls gasped and Pinkie Pie ran to help her but ended up in the crossfire as a result.

He then grabs both of the girls and hardly throws them at the others thus knocking them really, really hard on the wall. Feeling weak and in pain.

"You think you can stop me from sharing my pain to your friend? You're just like everyone else in this stupid group you called friends. You can't stop it. You can't stop anything!"

"You're right, we can't stop it." Sunset said, but then held out the can of tomato paste. "But Rainbow Dash can."

She then throws the can at Rainbow Dash; her transformation is almost complete. "Split this!"

She then smashes the can with her baseball bat and splatters tomato paste all over the kitchen. Rainbow Dash looks at her reflection and sees that she's in her old self again. "It worked! I didn't think it would work but it works! YES!" She then approaches her friends. "Guys I am so sorry about the way I acted back at the camp. I didn't mean it!"

"It's alright Sugarcube," Applejack told her. "We're just glad to have you back."

Then the other skunk was a human all along and surprised that he wasn't a skunk anymore. "Am I human, again? I am!" He then approaches Rainbow Dash. "Oh, thank you so much rainbow haired kid! You have no idea I had to live being a stinky skunk for so long!"

"Uh…you're welcome?"

"Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta take a hike!" He then left the house as if it was nothing.

"He still counts as a skunk, right?" Rainbow asked her.

"Totally counts as a skunk," Sunset replied.

Rainbow Dash fills out the bingo card. "Alright Sunset, we got bingo! Wait until Gloriosa and Timber hears about this!"

"But first, we gotta clean up all of this mess first." Applejack said.

"Oh right, let's get to cleaning!


THE END