• Published 7th May 2023
  • 115 Views, 0 Comments

Not the best training - PurpleArtist



A short side story (non cannon) for my oc Purple in The Gates of Equestria fanfic.

  • ...
 0
 115

Chapter six

In Head Guardian Sapphire Rose's office.

"Yes Head Guardian Sapphire?" Asked Purple, "Did I do anything wrong this time?"

Head Guardian Sapphire replied, "No Purple you're not in trouble. I've heard that you got into two different fights but because it was self defense I've been there and I don't like bullies and I don't like ponies who think they're above the law."

"Honestly I don't think I'm above the law," said Purple, "It's been drilled into my head to see jails, prisons, and dungeons as nothing but as Prisoner of war camps and I know that there are good cops out there but the ones I faced instead of 'Protect and serve' to them it's 'Terrorize and intimate'. I know that Equestria has laws and stuff on the books and I know your previous home and country had laws. But if you were arrested for defending yourself and a cop threatened to cave your face in or hold a gun to your head then that's the opposite of 'Protect and serve' that's criminal."

Sapphire replied, "I'll take their name and badge number and report them for abuse of authority. And if they keep harassing me then I'll get a restraining order out against them."

"To me even though I've been rewired and trained to be an unkillable and unstoppable war machine," said Purple, "To me Honesty is the best policy, Crime doesn't pay, and personal integrity will always be worth more than money or prestige. Also I can't tell a lie if I did a foal who just popped out of their mother's womb could tell if I lied. Also if I did lie to you, you would've thrown me through your office door."

Sapphire replied, "I see. Oh Princess Twilight and I talked to a mare named Ruby Velvet. She said that you're either an irreplaceable ally or a nightmare."

"As an enemy," said Purple, "I know you won't be afraid of me but I'm called 'Nightmare' in some countries and my official military kill count is 8,577. Also If I was an enemy I won't be afraid of you or the other Guardians.

Sapphire replied, "If you were an enemy I wouldn't be afraid of you. No matter how powerful you are, I won't be afraid of you."

"I'm the same," said Purple, "But as an ally then Phantasia would fear us. I mean the Gate Guardians in general, not just you and me."

Sapphire replied, "I know Purple. Ruby Velvet somewhat told Princess Twilight and I about your military service. Oh I got a question if you don't mind me asking and that is why did you have a crush on me?"

"Honestly when I first saw you," said Purple, "You were and still are looking cute. No I didn't and still don't want special treatment. I've met mares who only wanted to be friends with me for special treatment and I told them no. Of course after the date after saying no and we went our separate ways I had a crush on you and after hearing no that's when I lost interest in finding the right special somepony.

"Doesn't help that afterwards of hearing no I got beaten up by my family because to them it's entertainment to see me get beaten up and not to have a special somepony. Also if you did intervene then the stallion in my family would've wooed you and you can say whatever you want how you won't give in but before you say something the thing is whatever you would say to Base or the other stallions in my family. A mare said no and every other thing even threatened them to take them to court or what not but the mares usually fall for them some sooner or some later. If they want to sleep with you and impregnate you then they will and there's not a Luna damn thing you can do about it.

"Also no I won't have my Royal Guards with me 24/7 because they have lives and families of their own. Your previous home or culture probably banished ponies like that. But here in Equestria? The stallions in my family either have high powered lawyers on speed dial or have enough money to pay off the right ponies so the worst they can get is at least community service for about thirty seconds."

Sapphire replied, "If your brother or another stallion in your family says something to me as sexist then I'm ignoring them and if they slap me on my ass or keep it up I'm dragging them to court to get a restraining order out against them! If they don't follow the restraining order then they get to go to prison. I don't care who they are nor if they have powerful friends in high places."

"I agree and whenever I try to have them arrested for assault," said Purple, "They're always released without bail because they're 'Pillars of the community' and only reason why I don't add 'Assaulting Royalty' or 'Assaulting Government official' because it won't matter they'll be out. Even if I say that they assaulted a government official they'll be out. They got the money where they'll find the right ponies to bribe and they'll be out. You can bring them to court and they'll make you look like you're and pardon my language Head Guardian but they'll or their lawyers will make you look like a 'Bitch in sheep's wool' meaning they'll make you look like you're wasting the court's time and make you look insane and should be under house arrest or in a straightjacket in a mental hospital. My family? If they stub their hoof on a doorframe or a coffee table they'll call in to work pretending to be sick."

Sapphire replied, "To me it sounds like they just commit assault, sexual harassment, and sexual assault but they're never punished because everypony besides me and you have Rose tinted glasses that don't see who they really are. I wonder what happens when they call in sick because they are sick. I bet they get dragged into work. Alright Purple you're free to go. Didn't mean to sound like you're a criminal being released but you can go."

Purple nodded but before he could open the door.

"Thanks for listening and not pretending to listen," said Purple.

Sapphire replied, "Well after our date I did say I would rather be friends. Hope I don't make a mistake by giving you a second chance of being friends."

"Friends?" Said Purple, "That's a word I forgot the definition of because I haven't had a friend in a very long time."

After that Purple left and had a smile that he truly made that wasn't a fake smile. He actually felt happy for the first time in his life in the past nineteen years. He also felt happy that he did have somepony to talk to and be friends with but it wasn't the way he imagined but a friend is better than being enemies with somepony.

***
Fifteen years ago.

Purple was sitting next to an Equestrian anti-armor launcher where he had his combat knife out picking at his teeth due to the fact that they didn't have any dental floss.

"Isn't that dangerous?" Asked an Equestrian Special Forces soldier.

Purple replied, "It is but just to be careful not to cut your tongue or gums then it'll be alright. It's either this or keep the food in my M.R.E's getting stuck in between my teeth. Also why can't we just set mines on the dirt trail on the other side where enemy armored wagons come and destroy them instead of relying on our three guided anti-armor missiles? I mean we won't have to sit here 24/7 with half of us asleep during the day and the other half at night."

I've destroyed a railgun the size of Canterlot Castle, Purple thought, I've sabotaged enemies' war capacity and war industries, I've assassinated enemy officers and other stuff that's more secret than top secret. Why am I in the middle of Luna saken nowhere with thirty seven others waiting for enemy land convoys and how many we destroyed already here wouldn't surprise me if they packed up and found another route. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

***

Present day.

In the training center.

"Rainbow and the other Guardian didn't even notice me at the Center gate," said Purple, "And now I'm here."

Master Shi told Purple to get his butt over to the track to do running with another group of reserve guardians. Purple did without saying a word but Master Shi then stopped him.

"You forgot to say something Purple," said Master Shi, "When I ordered you to go to the track to run."

Purple replied, "Yes ma'am I'll go to the track right away and I'll double time it."

Purple galloped and made it to the track and the other reserve guardians there feared him for what he did the previous night and what happened to the reserve guardians who fought him in the ring.

When they did run around the track whoever fell Purple would stop dead in his tracks and go back to help them up before continuing running.

Master Shi was happy to see that Purple is becoming a lot happier and getting along with the reserve guardians but she still has her reservations about it hoping he isn't putting out a facade to make them think he's friendly only to turn out he's a huge jerk.

When it came time to come to the ring and when the fight started she was happy to see Purple restraining himself from not hurting the others that they would have to be wheeled on a stretcher to see Doctor Snake.

***

A few weeks later.

Master Shi visited Head Guardian Sapphire in her office.

"Master Shi what are you doing here?" Asked Head Guardian Sapphire, "Don't tell me another Guardian has been sent to the hospital?"

Master Shi replied, "No I bring good news. Purple has been doing very much better at restraining himself and no reserve guardian has seen Doctor Snake. Also if a reserve guardian falls during the track part he'll go back to help them up. Also he teaches the reserve guardians different combat approaches and how to break out of certain situations and ways how to deal with stronger opponents. He also cheats against the Earth ponies, Pegasus and Zebras and other races besides unicorns. When I asked he said 'In war there are no fair fights and non magic using creatures need to learn how to deal with magic using ponies'. He isn't wrong there but he's not hurting them."

"It's good to hear he can do this job without thinking he's still a soldier who sees everypony as a potential enemy," said Sapphire, "Maybe I'm right that I gave him a second chance and final chance and I did. Nice to hear that he's getting along with everypony in the reserve guardians team. Nice to hear he found a better outlet for his anger by teaching the other reserve guardians how to defend themselves against stronger opponents. At least he's not being bitter anymore."

Master Shi replied, "What did you tell him?"

"I've talked to him and listened to him like a good friend would," said Sapphire, "He also mentioned his other relatives and I hope they're not a part of the Guardian community because what he told me they're… I would rather keep Purple in a bitter state than have the rest of his family be Gate Guardians! If the stallions besides Purple in his family only care about sex, getting laid and sees mares as property for stallions and mares who pull wool over your eyes making themselves friendly but in reality they'll stab you in the back quicker than your heart can beat. Then I don't want them."

Master Shi replied, "How do you know he ain't lying and he's actually a huge jerk and torments his family for fun?"

"Because Princess Twilight told me as well," said Sapphire, "And the look in his eyes and the tone of his voice says that he seen it before and seen mares get wooed then get pregnant then kicked to the curb because the look in his eyes and the tone of his voice was a warning to stay away from them. Because if they set eyes on me or you then they'll keep coming after us no matter what even though we won't back down to mares and stallions who think they're above the law. At least Purple has common sense to know what he does have consequences. But his brother and the other stallions in his family? They see what they do is a good thing but everypony besides me, you, him and Princess Twilight have Rose tinted glasses and everypony else thinks they're 'Pillars of the community'. Anything else Master Shi?"

Master Shi told Head Guardian Sapphire that she just wanted to report in and is heading back to the training center.

***

At noon.

Head Guardian Sapphire entered the dining hall of Canterlot Castle and met Purple again and he's smiling. He bowed to her to show respect and a sign of friendship. He then escorted her to a seat close to Princess Twilight.

"Why did he bow to you, Sapphire?" Asked Princess Twilight.

Sapphire replied, "I have no idea why."

The two then asked Purple why he bowed.

"To show a sign of respect to Head Guardian Sapphire Rose," said Purple, "And to be friendly to a mare who gave me a second chance to be friends and for listing and having polite conversations with and more or less proved that she isn't like the other nine hundred and thirty seven mares I dated and wanted to be 'friends' with and at least she kept her word of wanting to be friends."

Purple kept his word and didn't tell Princess Twilight that Head Guardian Sapphire was a Princess of another Empire a long time ago. He still remembers hearing Head Guardian Sapphire talking to somepony about it and he heard it through a door.

"Purple you don't have to bow to me," said Head Guardian Sapphire, "You can greet me as a friend not in a way on how somepony would greet a member of royalty. I've seen countless ponies bow to Celestia, Luna and you Twilight."

Purple replied, "Fair enough. Nopony bows to me because I made it clear that I don't want to be treated differently because of a title before my name. Do you know how many ponies wanted to be friends with me because of the title 'Prince' before my name?"


"One too many," said Princess Twilight, "I remember some mares only wanted to date you because they're Gold diggers or looking for a sugar daddy or both. I remember one mare from several years ago who got arrested and had Purple come down to the precinct to bail her out. She told the cops that Purple was her fiance and they were having a big old Royal wedding coming up. Purple straightened everything out."

Purple replied, "Yeah I told the cops that she isn't my fiancee and her and I weren't friends and that she most likely said my name due to in her mind it was 'If I say I'm friends or dating or married to somepony in the Royal family then they'll have to release me'. Last I checked she's currently three years into her ten year sentence. At least I take responsibility for my actions while yes I did hurt several reserve guardians but I did visit them and apologized and gave them Get well soon cards. I may be a Prince but I'm not the type that'll throw my Royal status around. If I want something I'll pay for it. I'm down to earth than that Other Prince."

"He's talking about Prince Blueblood," said Princess Twilight, "Purple ranks Blueblood more annoying than his sexist, extremely rude, misogynistic and patriarchal family members. What's the scale Purple?"

Purple replied, "My family is at 9.9 of ponies I hate scale, That other Prince is at 10. At least my family ain't snobby and childish unlike him."

The three ate lunch in peace and quiet.

"Purple I got a question?" Asked Sapphire, "Why do you insist me calling you Purple over Prince Purple?"

Purple replied, "It's shorter. I mean it's formal to say Prince Purple but to me Purple is good enough. Like with you Head Guardian Sapphire. I'm sure if somepony said 'Head Guardian Sapphire' a lot well I'm not making assumptions but wouldn't you just want the Guardians and Princess Twilight to say Sapphire to save like four seconds or make it easier? My defense cabinet they call me Purple over Prince Purple or Lieutenant General Purple. Everypony else calls me Purple. But that's just me."

***

After lunch in the Guardian training center.

Purple ran around the track until Master Shi came out of nowhere.

"You're not scheduled to be here Purple," said Master Shi, "What are you doing here?"

Purple replied, "Just wanted to get some exercise and run around a bit."

"Alright fine," said Master Shi, "But one mistake then I'm throwing you out for good. Head Guardian Sapphire may have given you another chance but one mistake I'll make sure you don't set one hoof in here again and I'll report you to Head Guardian Sapphire. Do I make myself clear?"

Purple replied, "Yes Master Shi. I won't cause any trouble and you won't even notice I'm here! I'll be like a ghost and you won't know that I'm here."

Master Shi went to go train another group of reserve guardians but after several hours she wondered if Purple kept his word or not. She finds out he did and he's just running at a steady pace.

***

At home.

Purple lied outside and stared up at the stars. He saw a few shooting stars here and there.

I wish I had a special somepony, Purple thought, But nine hundred and thirty seven mares only wanted to be friends with few wanting to be a gold digger or think I'm some sugar daddy. Just not interested in a nine hundred and thirty ninth rejection. Don't know how my brother and the other stallions in my family can get any mare they want! I try and I get slapped across the face and I get called a sexist pig! When Base and them do it then mares melt in their hooves like a hot knife through butter. No seriously I tell a mare that she looks cute then I'm a sexist pig but when Base and them do it then the mares melt in their forehooves. I'll never understand mares and why a lot of them want a bad stallion who'll beat them and abuse them or yell at them but when they get pregnant then they want a good stallion in their life but the good stallions refuse to date them because they won't want to take care of somepony who's using them more or less as a meal ticket.

Purple then got up and started a campfire and he went inside of his house and got an aluminum footlocker and a chair. Purple opened the aluminum footlocker.

The first thing he randomly grabbed was an old photo of him and Azure Blue Sapphire when they were both fifteen and she's giving him a kiss on the cheek in the photo. He looked at it for a minute before throwing it into the fire. He watched it burn.

Purple let out a sigh before reaching into the footlocker to grab the next thing which was a love letter that Azure Blue Sapphire wrote to him when the two were also still fifteen.

To my dear sweet Purple.

I'm writing this letter to you to tell you that you're the most kind, lovable, friendly and sweet pony there is in the world!

I know one day maybe after high school graduation but I know one day when you propose marriage to me I'll say yes before you can even get done proposing to me! That's how much I love you!

You're a great boyfriend and one day you're going to be a great husband and a great father to our foals. You're going to do a lot of great things in your life Purple!

  • Love your girlfriend and future wife, Azure Blue Sapphire.

Purple folded it up into a square and threw it into the fire. He then threw the other stuff that his ex-girlfriend Azure Blue Sapphire got him when the two dated he threw it into the fire watching it burn.

He then let out another sigh of relief but he sat there listening to the fire crackle as well. He also threw the stuff that his first and only wife of fourteen months got him and he threw that into the fire as well.

"Love?" Said Purple, "Love, and Romance are just words that don't even have a real meaning. Ponies created those words for those they deeply care about and like the ones they like more than friends… I'm just a fool for believing in those two words."

Purple closed his eyes and a few tears ran down his face.

***

Canterlot, the next afternoon.

In a big room in Canterlot Castle.

"Who are we meeting this time?" Asked Head Guardian Sapphire, "Is it another soldier who served with Purple or one of his friends who moved on and considers Purple as a past chapter and doesn't care? I would like to get to know him some more but I would rather talk to him about it than other ponies."

Princess Twilight replied, "Well this pony is Purple's first girlfriend. He would tell her everything until they had a falling out."

"Why did they have a falling out?" Asked Head Guardian Sapphire.

Princess Twilight replied, "I don't know. Purple never told me. My guess is that when he was in the army and she was in college she got a boyfriend and got married when she discovered she was pregnant with her boyfriend's foal. That's by guess but I could be wrong."

The two met the mare.

"Who are you?" Asked Head Guardian Sapphire, "So we know your name."


The mare with Azure Blue fur, blue eyes, and dark brown mane and tail, and in a black casual suit replied, "I'm Azure Blue Sapphire. I'm Prince Purple's ex-girlfriend. We met all the way back in the first grade when he shared half of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich with me. We were friends until the seventh grade when I asked him out to the dance which he accepted and during the dance I asked him if he would like to be boyfriend and girlfriend and he accepted. We dated until the eleventh grade when we were both sixteen.

"We broke up because my parents moved to Manehattan and forced me to come with them. The night before… well I'm not explaining where foals come from since you two are adults and know where foals come from. We promised to meet up at the age of twenty one but while I waited for him under the oak tree at the University of Manehattan he never showed and I waited from 7 AM to 5 PM but he never showed and I told him where I lived. He never showed so I moved on.

"When we were both twenty five during the surprise air raids on Equestrian cities I told Purple I couldn't find my husband but he found my husband at a party drinking and kissing another mare and Purple went to talk to him which turned into a fight and my husband got to me first and told me that Purple attacked him for no reason. When I told Purple I no longer want to be friends with him and cut my ties with him, that's when my husband told me that he actually provoked Purple into attacking him and it's not Purple's fault but his. The last thing I told Purple was that I never wanted to see him again and from that day forward that if he and I were the last two creatures in the world then he shouldn't find me and vice versa."

"Since that day you regret saying that to him?" Asked Princess Twilight.

Azure Blue Sapphire replied, "Imagine you two telling a loved one or somepony you love deeply that you don't want to see them again and don't care if they're heartbroken about it. Then as they leave you mumble that you wouldn't care if they died by getting hit by a train or something. Would you regret saying something that you don't mean? I have regretted it since that day sixteen years ago. I regret it! And now I can't find Purple."

"I'm not interfering with your love life," said Princess Twilight, "But would it be better to divorce your husband?"

Azure Blue Sapphire replied, "if I do we'll still see each other at work. I can't fire him legally and if I do fire him then he'll have grounds to sue for illegal termination. Also my husband is my secretary/assistant. Also most of my and my husband's eldest sons and daughters are daddy girls and daddy boys so if I do divorce and fire him then he'll tell them that I'm the bad mare. My eldest two sons and daughter they're always on my side due to… Me and Purple have twins together, a son and daughter but I never told him that the day before I had to move we… you two know where foals come from. Never told him that I have two children with him but I told him I never wanted to see him again and in the back of my mind I told myself that I had a chance to meet them when they were eleven but that chance flew south."

"When you two were dating," said Head Guardian Sapphire, "What would he do if somepony threatened you or gave you trouble?"

Azure Blue Sapphire replied, "He would tell that pony to leave me alone or he would kick that pony's butt if he kept harassing me. He's a nice stallion. He was raised with two kind and lovable adoptive parents but the rest of his family treat him worse than dirt. The rest of his family treat dirt on their hooves with more respect. He's the type he needs friendship and love and support. He may be rough around the edges but when you get to know him it'll be the best thing in your life. He's the type you want on your side.

"Listen to me, your highness and ma'am. Purple is the type he deserves a happy ending and a happy life but life kicks his butt since he was three days old and when he acts hostile that's him telling life that he isn't a pushover. But the rest of his family kicks his butt and they treat him as a pushover and kick his butt a lot with no mercy and if he fights back then… Celestia may help him. The rest of Purple's family will betray Equestria the moment we start losing a war the moment an enemy soldier steps one hoof onto Equestria they'll jump ship In a hoofbeat. Oh and you ma'am the stallions in Purple's family minus Purple the rest they'll want you to have sex with them and take care of their foals. At least with Purple you don't need to tell him not to do something or to do something a million times to remind him to do something. I wish I didn't snap at him but I made that mistake and I have to live with it for another twenty, thirty or forty years."

Princess Twilight and Head Guardian Sapphire looked at the pain on her face and in her eyes and they saw that she made a mistake she can't fix. Not adding that due to Purple's training as a military special forces soldier he never sits in one place for too long even though he has an office and apartment in Canterlot but he's hardly there.

"What do you two think Purple is doing now?" Asked Azure Blue Sapphire.

Both Princess Twilight and Head Guardian Sapphire looked at each other. They don't know because if Purple is home they don't know where his house is or he could be out wandering the world trying to find a place to fit in but he never could fit into any country he has been to.

"We don't know that answer," said Princess Twilight, "He's been trying to find a place to call home and a place to fit in."

Head Guardian Sapphire replied, "But he has friends he can rely on. He has some he can rely on for support and to talk to."

"What friends?" Asked Azure Blue Sapphire, "All of his friends abandoned him when he came back from the military and they call him 'past chapter in their life' and don't care about him. Some of his friends are dead but the rest who once would proudly call Purple a friend weren't the moment Purple joined the Army they left."

Head Guardian Sapphire replied, "I'm his friend. We had a rocky start at first but I gave him a second chance to be friends and after some readjustment and him seeing that there are ponies out there who do want to be friends he's not acting like the world and everyone in it is an enemy and some actually do want to help. I know how he feels of losing ponies he cares for because I've been in his hooves before while it wasn't on a battlefield with two armies shooting at each other against bullets, shells, fire and poison gasses and other hazards in the military but I've seen friends and family come and go not in the way he described but still."

Azure Blue Sapphire was told no by the two that they don't know the pain that she's going through.


"I've lost my parents but I don't miss them," said Azure Blue Sapphire, "Do you know what it's like that your parents treat you as the bottom rung of a ladder? My parents since when I was four they always hardly fed me, and never took care of me. My parents were the type of ponies who should've been blacklisted from having foals. I've heard them say that there have been times when I was a foal they didn't want to feed me and would go an entire day sometimes almost two days not feeding me! When I met Purple his adoptive parents gladly fed me breakfast, lunch, and dinner and my parents did not like that one bit. When I became sixteen my parents decided it was time to move to Manehattan. My father got killed because he took out a loan from the mafia and he never paid it back so the police found his body floating in the river and my mom died of a heart attack and I didn't shed a tear for them. I also had a classmate who would babysit Savor and Patone while I was in the University of Manehattan due to she dropped out."

"What else can you tell us about Purple?" Asked Head Guardian Sapphire, "If you want to."

Azure Blue Sapphire replied, "He's the bravest, friendliest, a pony who loves the outdoors, and a pony who isn't willing to back away from a fight. Sometimes he can be a little reckless though."

"How's that?" Asked Head Guardian Sapphire.

***

Twenty-five years ago.

Purple and Azure Blue Sapphire were walking down a street after their dinner date. The two were only fifteen years old.

They passed a burning apartment building and Purple bolted right inside of the inferno without thinking about the consequences. He only had one thing in his mind which was to save as many ponies he could. He brought out two at a time before rushing back in.

By the time the first pony drawn fire engine wagon, pony drawn ladder fire truck and pony drawn hose tender arrived Purple saved forty eight ponies out of the one hundred and seven. When warned not to go in by a firefighter, Purple still did bring out another few.

***

Present day.

"Don't want to sound rude," said Head Guardian Sapphire, "But that was reckless of what he did by running into a fire multiple times even warned not to and yet he still did."

Azure Blue Sapphire replied, "I agree with you. It was reckless but he did save fifty one ponies that night. Was it reckless and stupid? Yes it was, it was very reckless and very stupid. Was it the best thing to do? No it wasn't but I wasn't going to stop him nor was anypony else."

***

Purple's house.

Purple was in the kitchen making lunch where he's making roasted potatoes and rice for lunch which was his adoptive mother's specialty for lunch on how quick and it didn't take long to make.

He heard a knock on his door so he answered it where it was a mare and her daughter who said they were lost but the look in Purple's eyes showed that he wasn't buying it. The mare told him she escaped a place where they treat mares as slaves and were forced to reproduce.

Purple had a moral choice to make which was either He could close the door on them and either let them be recaptured and only Luna knows what would happen to them or he could help them out and bring them inside so they can get some rest.

"Come on in," said Purple who fully opened his door and got out of the way where the mare and her daughter came inside of the house. Due to them being on the run for several days they were tired and hungry so they took a shower and Purple shared his lunch with them by making more. When they got done with lunch Purple let them rest in his bed until nightfall.

There was another knock on the door so the mare and her daughter hid. Purple answered it and it was a few ponies asking Purple if he saw a mare and her daughter who escaped so Purple told them the truth that he has but if they want to recapture them then they would have to go through him.

The three stallions fought Purple but it was the last thing they ever did because Purple killed them to defend the mare and her daughter. He also got rid of the bodies and put them far from the house so the trio and the group they're with don't find Purple's house.

***

At night it's 8:39 PM.

Purple was wearing his olive drab special forces uniform with a helmet and with night vision goggles on the helmet.

He woke up the mare and told them that he'll take them somewhere safe because he fought three ponies from the group that she escaped from. The mare and her daughter didn't have anything to bring with them. But while they slept Purple made a lot of sandwiches and packed a lot of drinks for them for the road.

The mare carried her daughter on her back and she followed Purple who led the way using his night vision goggles to see in the dark the mare used the moonlight to see Purple.

Along the way they passed members of the organization that the mare and her daughter escaped from but they hid but a few times Purple would draw his combat knife to take care of them and the mare would close her eyes so she wouldn't witness the death.

"Where are you taking us?" Asked the Pegasus mare.

Purple replied, "Equestrian Army Fort Luna. Once every four days a train comes by to bring them supplies and to deliver their mail. I'm bringing you there and they'll safeguard you two until a train comes and they'll put you on the train and wherever it goes. I hope it's a train. Sometimes a plane or chariot would airdrop supplies but mostly it's a train. When you two do board the train and whatever city or town it stops at you two can start a new life."

"I don't know how to thank you," said the mare.

Purple replied, "Don't thank me just yet. You and your daughter can thank me when you two are safe and sound. We still have a lot of ground to cover."

***

When two days passed they arrived at Equestrian Army Fort Luna. The three entered and they got some rest, and hot food.

"No pony will bother us here," said Purple. "You're safe and only insane ponies would bother you now."

A train did arrive. The two got onto it but Purple went with them and the first city they entered was Fillydelphia but they didn't get off until the next city which was Vanhoofer. The mare and her daughter before they left the train they both hugged and thanked Purple for helping two strangers to start a better life.

When the two left the train and the train station, Purple lit up his horn and teleported to Canterlot.

***

One week later.

Purple was in his office in Canterlot Castle where he was writing. There was a knock on the door and Purple answered it where it's one of his Royal Guards and behind the Royal Guard was the mare and her daughter that Purple rescued and saved.

"We don't know how to thank you," said the mar. "We thought it over and we still don't know how to thank you for leading us to safety and safeguarding us."

Purple replied with a smile, "You two don't have to thank me. You two were in trouble and I decided to be a good samaritan and helped out. You two don't need to thank me. How's the search for a job and a place to stay?"

The mare looked down at the floor.

"It's harder than I imagined," said the mare, "Me and my daughter have been living in a homeless shelter and getting breakfast and dinner at a soup kitchen. No pony wants to hire me because I was born and raised in an organization that treats mares as… Being treated as a second class citizen is better than being treated as having somepony that doesn't have a voice or a say where in the organization if you're a mare the day you're popped out of the womb you're already some stallion property who's forced to cook, clean, have foals and to 'pleasure' the stallion you're with he can pass you around to his buddies and brothers to be forced into a three or four way 'sex'. Thanks for helping us. But if there's a way we can repay you then let us know. Come on sweetie, let's not take up anymore of the Prince of the Military time."

Purple replied, "Hold it. What kind of job are you looking for?"

"I don't know to be honest," said the mare, "Since when I was four I've been cleaning and cooking. I've seen my mother give birth to so many foals since when I was four. I'm the fifteenth child out of thirty nine. The other stallions in the group always said that my mother (she covers her daughter's ears with her hooves and wings) they said that my mother always had a quote-unquote 'fine piece of ass'. No us mares don't have a say if we want a foal or not. They tell us that we were supposed to have foals when the stallion was assigned to want to have foals then we got to have foals even if we don't want foals. My daughter is my only foal. Before you ask… if mares resist or fight back then we get brutally beaten to be 'put in our place'. A few times when I tried to escape I got beaten so badly three different times that everypony in the group thought I was going to die. I almost suffered a miscarriage. When I first held my daughter in my forehooves after birth that's when I decided to run away but that was five years ago. Doesn't help that my so called 'husband' beaten me half to death for having a daughter over a son."

Purple then offered her a job in Canterlot Castle giving tours to school aged ponies which she thought about it for a few minutes until she agreed due to the hours that her daughter would be in school during work where she'll be home before and after her daughter gets home.

***

Later that day.

Purple entered Head Guardian Sapphire Rose's office.

"Haven't seen you around," said Head Guardian Sapphire, "Is everything okay? Or do I have to replace you with a member of the reserve team?"

Purple replied, "I'm doing fine. Last week I helped a mare and her five years old daughter to escape from an organization that treats mares as property. I took them to an army camp and I rode a train with them until they got off. They came and visited me thanking me for helping them but I told them I don't want any thanks but the mare has a hard time looking for a job so I offered her one on the spot and she accepted after thinking for a few minutes. She told me that the organization she escaped from treats mares as property and mares don't have a say over anything. The other stallions in my family would love that place."

"Well that's great to hear that you helped two ponies in need," said Head Guardian Sapphire, "And to escape from a place where they were treated as property. What did she tell you about the place she escaped from?"

Purple hesitated for a while but told Sapphire Rose the full story on what the mare told him.

"I can't stand ponies when they think they are better than somepony else," said Sapphire Rose, "I also don't like ponies who think they're better if they're one gender over another. I'm a powerful mare who doesn't think that I'm better than you because I don't."

Purple replied, "I'm the same. Also I've met mares who could metaphorically speaking they can rip a diamond in half with their bare hooves without trying. Just because I'm a stallion doesn't mean I'm stronger than all mares which is true where I don't believe that. I have a feeling you could snap my spine in half with a fair but firm punch."

"What do you mean by 'fair but firm punch' Purple?" Asked Sapphire Rose.

Purple replied, "A hard enough punch where somepony can feel it but not hard enough to actually hurt them."

Head Guardian Sapphire then dismissed Purple and he left humming.

***

At night.

Purple was leaving Canterlot Castle when he was approached by twelve stallions. They demanded that Purple return the Pegasus mare and her daughter over to them or 'bad accidents' will happen to Purple.

Purple just cracked his neck, legs and wings.

"Alright boys he won't give them up," said the leader of the group, "Guess we'll have to give him a 'bad accident' to make him give up that bitch and her daughter!"

They formed a circle around Purple and all charged at once. He soared into the air and came down very fast and started to give them an ass kicking they'll never forget. Doesn't help he slammed a few of them into the wooden walk gate/bridge.

After a few minutes all twelve of them laid on the wooden walk gate/bridge and all twelve of them were moaning in pain and couldn't believe they got their ass kicked by one stallion and they had the number of superiority there were twelve of them against just Purple. None of them could believe it.

Purple just went on his way and went to his house in the middle of nowhere.