• ...
16
 74
 3,813

The return

October 21, 2021
12:52 PM, Everfree Forest

“RAAAGGGHHH . . . I hate this place, man!” complained the hunter at his campsite, along with a friend. “There’s nothing to eat, never mind hunt, for miles!" He threw down his quiver and bow in frustration. "I’m absolutely starving!"

"Oh, will you stop complaining!” shouted the second hunter, effectively quieting the first one. “We're ALL hungry, so shut up and quit whining! Besides, there’s something better than any rabbit or squirrel." The second hunter pointed up to the sky. "It’s what we originally came for anyway," he said, a twisted, impish grin on his face.

The first hunter looked along his companions arm and finger to an incredibly small dot in the sky. As he focused his eyes, he saw that is was indeed their target: an alicorn. This potential meal was deep blue like the night sky, and its light blue mane chased after its owner in the winds as it flew. The magnificent creature was wearing a neck piece a small crown and ornate slippers, and had a crescent moon on its flank. It was Luna. A princess; the Princess of the Moon. The hunters frown turned into an evil smile, this was indeed one of the reasons why their legion was sent here to the Everfree forest. And she was completely alone. No guards. No chariot. Nothing. Just her and the legion of Shadow Elves in the Everfree. "Sir, permission to shoot down the alicorn?"

The second hunter looked at him with the same evil smile and said in a level, but bloodthirsty tone, "By all means, do it. We shall feast tonight."

The hunter sprinted over to his bow and quiver, and readied his weapon. He drew the string on the bow and took aim, "For the father, our king. For the night, Nightmare moon," he said in a quiet voice before releasing the arrow on its deadly path.

------

12:54 PM, Everfree forest
Luna's wings surged up, and down, slow and steady. Her mane seemed frantic to catch up to her as she flew over the Everfree forest. She was alone, as she needed some time to herself, and she planed on visiting her old home of old Canterlot, were she was freed from nightmare moon by the Elements of Harmony. She cruised a few thousand feet over the trees, searching for her old home. After a few hours, she found what she was looking for. The ruins of the old castle. She gave a sigh of relief and decided to make her decent.

Just as she was about to execute her decision, she saw a glint of metal fly up from the trees. The glint then transformed into a deadly looking barb on a long thin twig with feathers on the rear to help stabilize it during flight. It then clicked in her mind in what it was, but it was too late. A hot sting followed by a searing hot pain lanced through her left wing right in her main flight muscle, and she began to plummet.

Luna tumbled end over end in a chaotic free fall, trying to glance over her shoulder to see the damage. The arrow had gone right through her wing and was poking out the other side with blood on the tip, as if it were mocking her. She thought about removing the arrow and healing herself before she hit the ground, but lets face it, she needed to concentrate, and that can be quite difficult when your falling at terminal velocity while trying not to throw up from the pain. But there was a simpler spell that didn't need as much concentration.

She twisted herself around so she faced the sky, and pointed her horn directly up and sent up a signal. The 'flare' shot out of her horn and traveled up high into the air and exploded in a sparkling purple orb that could be seen for miles, and she prayed and waited. 1 second. 2 seconds. 3 seconds. 4 seconds. 5 seconds.

A blinding flash appeared and with a loud pop, Celestia materialized a couple thousand feet above her stricken sister, she threw her fore legs out and shaped her wings so they faced rearwards to streamline herself as much as possible, and she dived after her. Celestia was incredibly fast when she was younger, and even though she seemed to have lost her 'knack' for a high speed dive, she was picking up speed pretty quickly. But not fast enough. And both sisters knew that Celestia wouldn't reach Luna in time, but she had to try.

Something caught Luna's attention and despite her peril, she was suddenly fascinated. And curious. Celestia saw Luna change in her facial expression, from one of sheer terror, to one of curiosity, and the fact she was looking PAST her into the open sky even piqued HER curiosity. Celestia attempted to look behind her to see what had caught her sister’s attention. As she did, an obsidian black and dull silver blur shot past her at supersonic speed, sending her reeling into her own tumble. Celestia quickly recovered and resumed her dive after her sister. As she saw the dark torpedo that shot past her with seemingly impossible speed, she realized who he was, a look of disbelief on her face. "No. It can't be . . . He’s . . . dead."

Meanwhile, Luna was in awe from just the pure speed this creature showed. It had come from an altitude far higher than any Pegasus could fly, screamed past her sister as of she were nothing but a leaf in the wind, and continued towards her. When the creature reached her, it spread its wings just enough to slow it down, but closed enough to fly, or rather fall, right beside her. The creature then used its five fingered hands that had been compressed to the sides of its body to maneuver her, much to her disgust, head down like itself with her back towards it, then completed this odd ritual by hugging her, with one hand over her barrel, and the other across her stomach. Then it leveled out a few hundred meters over the trees, then in the calmest manner, told her the two most simple words that terrified her to her core.

"Hang on!"


They both suddenly got jarred into a vertical position as the creature threw out a simply MASSIVE pair of dark colored wings that, with some quick mental measurements, looked like that just one of its wings was Celestia's own entire span. And she came to the quick conclusion that this things wings were almost 20 feet across, so without a doubt, these were the biggest pair of wings she has seen that weren’t on a dragon. Contrails had started to form on the tips of its wings which were starting to slowly curl forwards, then it finally clicked in her head what it was trying to do. Slow down as fast as possible.

Luna looked back to the creatures flat, round face, and she could see that it was in some pretty obvious pain, as its face was scrunched up and veins were starting to appear on its neck and head, and the fact it was giving off a low grunt of effort. This continued on for another 20 seconds, and they were starting to gradually slow down. But all that came to an end when Luna spied another arrow making its way from the trees to meet them, as if it were an over eager friend. The creature stopped its grunting and said in a snide tone, "Well, fuck."

The creature then let out an ear splitting roar of pain as it got hit in its right wing, just before the joint were the fingers start, right smack in the middle of its main muscle. They started their own tumble still just above the trees and still moving at a great rate of knots. Luna then decided what this creature had said only a second before very much suited their current predicament, but the creature had other ideas. Still clutching her, the creature spread out its legs into a V and molded its wings into as much surface area as possible without hurting itself further, and pitched itself slightly forwards at a rough 20 degree angle.

This creature really does know its stuff when it comes to flight, I’ll give it that much, Luna thought, as she was now in a sense hand gliding over the fields that would eventually make their way to the small town of Ponyville, then onto the Ponyville lake where she thought the creature could hopefully ditch. As Ponyville came up over the horizon, she sighed with relief as she could see the lake on the far side of the town. Again, the creature had other 'ideas'.

The creature pitched itself forwards further more, into a level decent, right for the buildings. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?! YOU’RE INSANE, WE'LL BE DONE FOR!!!" Luna screamed. The creature then rolled itself onto its back and wrapped her up in a feathery cocoon that felt to her, uncomfortably settling and strangely womb like, she all of a sudden felt safe and secure. The creature then said to her in as soft a tone as it could manage with its deep voice, "Trust me."

Then the world went blank.

------
12:59 PM, Sugarcube Corner

The mane 6 were enjoying a light lunch at Sugar Cube Corner, which Pinkie Pie had decided to host at no charge. After all, they were her friends.

"Hey Pinkie?” Rainbow asked. She was sitting right across from the pink party pony. “Could I get another slice of cake?"

Pinkie sprang up from her spot at the table. "Okie dokie lokie!" she replied with her usual happy tone as she bounced her way to the kitchen. She appeared a few moments latter with a slice of chocolate cake balanced on a plate on her head. Suddenly she stopped smiling and humming to herself and looked at her friends with an expression of rising panic on her face.

Her tail was a twichin'. But it never twitched like it was now. What started as a small tickle at the base of her spine, quickly escalated into a violent shaking of her poofy pink tail that became violent enough to knock the plate with the cake off her head. Then her knee started to pinch. But this was far different from anything else. She collapsed on the floor and began screaming in outright agony, her knee felt like it was being run over by a train, stepped on by a Hydra then being ripped right off at the joint. Her friends rushed over from their table to try and calm their friend, but they were never prepared for what happened next. Pinkie’s entire body began to doozy like never before.

Pinkie was screaming like nopony ever thought capable from their bouncy go happy friend, the pain to her was indescribable. As she writhed and shook on the hardwood floor, the Cakes rushed out from the kitchen to see what the commotion was, and stood and stared in outright horror. Pinkie spasm was out of control, knocking over furniture and started convulsing, still screaming.

"Rainbow! Get Nurse Redheart NOW!" Twilight bellowed. Rainbow didn't even reply as she was already halfway out the door. She looked into the sky with an expression of terror, before screaming at the top of her lungs, "LOOK OUT!!!" and diving to the floor.

There was an explosion, and the shop erupted into a maelstrom of splinters before another explosion shook the shop, followed by a loud thud. Pinkie then suddenly stopped her agonizing spasm, and she lay there crying from the pain, as well as the experience. She let out a shocked gasp as she looked around her workplace and home. The others then saw what Pinkie saw. Two massive holes had appeared in the sides of the shop, she got to her hooves with some effort still sniffling, and limped her way over to the hole that was closest to the ground. When she got there, she saw an obsidian black feather lodged in the timber and frowned in confusion, then she looked out of the hole and saw a long, deep furrow.

In the dust near the end of the furrow, she saw movement. She saw two large wings spread themselves away from whatever was lying there. As the dust settled, she saw two figures. One was an unconscious deep blue alicorn, she instantly recognized this as princess Luna. But lying behind Luna, up against another building, was something that made her cringe. Forgetting about the pain, she raced out of the shop and ran towards the impact zone with bewildered friends in tow.

When they finally reached the impact zone, Pinkie stopped and gasped, her already large eyes became even wider, and her mane deflated. For the second time since she learned what happiness was at the rock farm, she was petrified.

The others were showing the same expression. A number of gasps followed. "I-I-is th-that who ah th-think it is?" asked a horrified Applejack at the sight before her.

"No,” Rainbow Dash responded, fear and terror creeping into her voice. “No way. This cannot be real. He . . . he disappeared and died FIFTEEN years ago . . . This is just. . . . Just impossible!” Pinkie, Applejack, Rainbow, Rarity, even Fluttershy just stood there in horror at the figure lying unconscious in front of them. Twilight was still trying to understand what was going on. What was it about this . . . creature . . . that was shocking everyone?

Princess Celestia landed amongst the group, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. Without a word, she grabbed Luna and the creature with her telekinesis, and galloped in a bee line for the hospital.

------
October 21, 2021
4:21 PM, Ponyville Hospital


"SISTER!!!"

"I'm here Lulu, it’s alright. You had an accident, your in the Ponyville hospital", Celestia said soothingly as she rubbed a hoof on her stricken sister’s shoulder trying to comfort her. Twilight was on the opposite side of the bed levitating a glass of water to offer to Luna. The rest of the Mane 6 just watched on, pure worry in each of their eyes.

Luna groaned and started rubbing her temple. "I . . . I had this dream,” she explained, trying to call back the memory. “I was falling. I was going to die. Then I got rescued by . . . something." Luna took the glass of water and drained it quickly. She then gave a quizzical look to her big sister. "How long have I been out?"

"Three days," Celestia replied. Luna's eyes went wide at the new knowledge that hit her. “Three days? THREE DAYS!? What in the hay happened to me?”

As if reading her mind, Celestia pointed a hoof to Luna's left wing. It was a mess. It was in a blood soaked cast, preventing her wing from moving, and also had most of its feathers missing. The sight was enough to make her nauseous.

"You also suffered a minor concussion, hence you being out cold for three days," Twilight concluded in a quiet voice. Celestia nodded in agreement.

Luna thought for a moment, finally comprehending what had happened. "And that dream? It was real?" Luna looked at her older sister, her eyes even wider, putting the mental points together in her mind. Wow, she mumbled to herself. This must have been one helluva crash. Wait, what about the creature? She turned to Celestia and asked, "Did it . . . survive?"

Celestia gave a gesture to the door, indicating for her to follow. "Well, why don't you come and see for yourself?" she asked nonchalantly.

Luna practically sprang from her bed and trotted over and out the door, a slight limp in her stride. The Princesses and the Mane 6 filed out of the room, walking down the corridor towards the other room. "You know,” Celestia commented, looking over her shoulder. “Your savior has suffered worse injuries than you, and he’s still alive.”

Luna looked to her sister in pure shock. It takes a lot of force to knock out an alicorn, much less give a concussion. She was wondering how ANYTHING could survive those kinds of forces. They turned a corner and filed through a door into a high ceiling room with a large bed in the middle. The rescuer’s whole body was covered in blankets, except for his face. It was a little unusual, Twilight thought to herself; it was round and flat with a mouth that didn't end in a muzzle, his nose was just a triangular protrusion His cheek bones were high and looked hewn from granite, his jaw was square and muscular, and his comically small ears seemed to be glued to the sides of his head. What is this thing?

Celestia approached the bed and waved a hoof over the prone form that was half covered by the white sheets. "Your rescuer. He has suffered a concussion, whiplash, head trauma, a dislocated shoulder, three cracked ribs, minor internal bleeding, and a hairline fracture on his wing most likely from the arrow that was cut from him as you, a minor case of gravel rash . . . " Celestia continued to read off the injury report form that was next to 'his' bed. When she had finally finished, everypony in the room was taken aback by so many injuries.

"Ah knew he was a sturdy one, but. . . Ouch." Applejack said with an amazed and pained look on her face. All the other ponies that stood around the bed just nodded.

A few minutes passed after Celestia had read the report form on his bedside, Rainbow then suddenly had an epiphany, "Hey Pinkie, do you have a cupcake anywhere?” she asked, sounding genuinely intrigued. “I wanna try something."

Pinkie didn't respond as she walked over to her basket loaded to bursting with treats, and returned a few moments later with a pink frosted cupcake and returned to her post next to the bed without saying a word. "Rainbow, what are you going to do with that cupcake?", Twilight asked suspiciously to her polychromatic friend. If Dash is thinking of something, she thought, it was gonna end badly.

Dash looked down at the cupcake in between her front hooves as she now hovered over the creature, "Oh, he likes cupcakes.” She paused. “Well . . . at least he used to.”

"And another thing.” It was getting a little obvious that Twilight was starting to overreact. “How do you all know this . . . Uhh . . . thing? Princess Luna and I are the only ones left in the dark about this. Who is he and what is he, and most importantly how do you all know him?" Luna came over to comfort Twilight, giving her a look that said, ‘this isn’t the right time.’

Dash ignored her lavender friend and hovered a bit closer, the cupcake almost at his face now. "Ooooh, now ah get what your tryin' ta do", Applejack said with a slight smirk on her face. Dash just nodded and proceeded to wave the cupcake back and forth under the creature’s nose.

What happened next surprised everypony in the room: as Dash waved the cupcake, the nose on the creature started to follow. Left, then right, then back again. Fluttershy’s eyes widened as she noticed the face turn from looking lifeless to the exact opposite, a huge grin on his face. Dash then yelped in surprise as a five fingered hand shot up from its place at the creature’s side and grabbed the cupcake with lightning speed.

The top half of the creature then pivoted at his hip, and he sat up and opened his eyes. Luna and Twilight both found themselves strangely drawn to the way his small eyes gleamed yet absorbed the light; Twilight looked closer and saw that they were a dark crimson, like dried blood. And he also had three parallel scars that ran the length of his jaw on the right side of his face. He looked like a – pony, creature – that’s been through a lot.

The creature looked at the cupcake in his hand and stared for a few seconds, before practically throwing it down his throat. After he finished the pink frosted treat, he grabbed the glass of water that sat next to his bed and drained it. "Ok, Rarity, where’s me pants?" asked the creature in a knowing tone which made Twilight jump in surprise; she did not expect this creature to talk, never mind if it could in the first place. Rarity's horn glowed as a pair of old worn blue denim jeans floated their way over to the creature and came to a rest in his lap, "I see you've fixed em," the creature then looked over at a now blushing Rarity with a light smile on his face. "Thanks."

After the creature had put on his pants under the sheets away from prying eyes, he swung out his legs, rested his long wide feet on the floor, and stood up. This creature was tall, taller than everypony in the room, with the exception of Princess Celestia, and his mostly furless body was a light mocha. His small head sat upon a thick neck, which in turn sat on a set of large square shoulders and chest, which supported his large dark wings that crossed over one another and stuck out from his sides. Twilight and Luna looked at his wings with obvious fascination; they were obsidian black with dull silver highlighting on the primary and secondary feathers, giving the illusion of moonlight on water. The look also suited his short cropped mane, which was much the same except the silver was only in one long jagged streak across the left side.

His long and powerful arms hung lazily at his sides, coming to a stop just bellow his waist. And his long and muscular legs looked odd for a bipedal creature, with large knees that bent forwards and looked like they could take a lot of strain; both Twilight and Luna wondered how anything could stand so erect on such tall legs. Suddenly Fluttershy, much to everypony's surprise - even the creature was caught off guard - shot out and tackled the creature in a big teary hug. "Oh, Eclipse. You had us all so worried. Princess Celestia told us what happened, but, but-"

Fluttershy was cut short when the creature – apparently named Eclipse - wrapped his arms around Fluttershy in a big hug of his own. "I’m sorry", he whispered out before raising his voice for all to hear. "I’m sorry for what grief and heartache I caused you, all those years ago when I ran away." Twilight noted that he spoke in a thick rustic accent, like Applejack, yet different. All of the other Elements rushed forth and grabbed Eclipse in a big group hug, after a while of shared tears and apologies the hug broke up, and Eclipse stood up and walked over to Celestia.

"Well then, where’s your return hug, ol girl?” Eclipse teased with a slight smirk. Celestia gave him a cold stare and Luna and Twilight flinched slightly at what he just called her. Eclipse realized he said something wrong. An idea popped into his head, and he grinned. "Ok, then. I’ve got just the thing you need, Cel." Eclipse lifted one of his tanned, hairless arms out directly in front of him, balled his hand into a fist with one long finger pointing downwards, and he lowered it onto the middle of Celestia's back, in-between her wings and wiggled it back and forth in a light scratch. Celestia's eyes widened and her pupils shrank into pinpricks, her face drooped, and she let out a short dainty whine, her wings then dropped from her sides, and her legs began to shake and shudder. Then she fell into an unceremonious heap on the floor, with the offensive finger in tow, and began babbling.

After about a minute, Eclipse stopped his scratch and both of them began to laugh. "You know, I didn't exactly tell you to stop did I?" Celestia teased, still on the ground.

"Yeah, had I not, you'd start drooling on the floor,” Eclipse replied with a smug tone. “And I believe a princess isn't supposed to do that." He then bent down, folded Celestia's wings back to her sides, and slipped his hands under her and picked her up onto her hooves and gave her a hug which she returned.

Twilight could only stare at the screen with confusion. "Uhhh, excuse me? Eclipse was it? Yeah uhhh, how do you two know each other?" Twilight asked with a raised hoof.

"Huh?” Eclipse said, turning around to face her. “Oh, yeah, we're old mates." He looked back over her shoulder and gave a small wink to Celestia.

"Mates!?" Luna and Twilight cried with eyes the size of dinner plates. “What’s that supposed to mean?”
"Friends is what he means Twilight,” Celestia interrupted with a smile as she was fixing up her mane from her little ‘episode’ a few seconds earlier. “He got those speaking habits from his father. Sly and cheeky one he was."

"Heh heh,” Eclipse chucked. “Too bloody right there. And as you know that saying the old man used ta say, 'monkey see monkey do'.” Celestia gave a warm chuckle at that seemingly odd metaphor.

Twilight was still confused and skeptical. "Oh yeah, just out of curiosity,” she asked. “What was that you did to the princess, and how are you two old 'friends'?"

"Oh that? Well every type of pony has a . . . 'weak spot' if you will,” Eclipse replied. “Such as, an alicorns is in the centre of their back, in the middle of their wings, and each type have their own reaction to it." Eclipse he walked over to Dash, preparing a demonstration. "The weak spot on pegasi is on the left side of their body, next to a secondary flight muscle", he explained as he placed a finger on Rainbow's side and scratched it. Dash locked up and stood still as a statue; this was confirmed as Eclipse picked her up with one arm and gave her a pat on her head before he gently placed her on the ground. "Now don't be alarmed, give 'er about a minute."

Then Eclipse walked over to a very unsure-looking Rarity. "A unicorn’s spot is about 4 centimeters from the back of their horn, and their reaction is by far the funniest.” He gave Rarity a scratch at the back of her head. Then all of the ponies on the room, aside from Rarity and Dash, fell over in a fit of laughter as Rarity pulled the funniest face imaginable and did an almost complete back flip, during which Eclipse had caught her during her flight and returned her to the ground. Then he walked over to Pinkie Pie, who had just recovered from seeing Rarity's reaction.

"An earth pony's is straight forward and simple. Its right smack in the middle of their shoulder blades." Eclipse proceeded to give Pinkie a scratch. All of Pinkie's legs shot out from under her and she landed in a giggling heap on the floor. "And that concludes today’s lesson on weak spots, folks.” He concluded, glancing at Twilight. “As for how Cel and I are old mates, she’s a family friend." Eclipse walked over to Luna and Twilight. At this close, Twilight was stunned at how tall he was; her head only came up to his waist.

Twilight then studied the odd way in which he crouched. His left leg bent under and to the back of him and the other bent at a sharp angle, and he rested on the knee of the left leg to stabilize him. He then took Luna’s hoof in his hand and gave it a kiss like the gentlecolt. "Princess Luna, I presume? Cel has told me a lot about you.” He started to notice Luna blushing. “Don't worry, only the good things", he said with a wink. Then he turned to Twilight and did the same. "I don't think we've met. Names Jacob, but everypony else calls me Eclipse, as you can tell."

Twilight was at a loss for words, and her mouth just hung open and she wore a rather dumb look on her face. "Ah, yes. Jacob, this is my student Twilight Sparkle,” Celestia continued. “She’s also the librarian for Ponyville, and my protégé student."

Upon hearing the word librarian, Eclipse turned around to face Celestia. "What happened to ol Page Flip?" he asked, genuinely shocked. Rarity answered, "Cancer"; it was all she needed to say. "Oh. Well ill sure miss 'em. Heh, crazy ol dolt wasn't he?" he joked.

"So, Eclipse,” Dash intervened in the conversation. “Where in Equestria where ya'll these years?" Eclipse’s expression turned from joyful to nervousness, returning to his sitting position on the hospital bed. He eyed the ponies in the room.

"Self induced exile," he said flatly, as if there was nothing else to say. The jaws of all the ponies who knew him fell through the floor.

"What in tarnation for?" Applejack asked curiously.

Eclipse took a deep breath and sighed. "You all remember the night of my parents’ deaths?" The ponies in the room just nodded. "That’s why. When I got back from school . . . I . . . Found them dead in the kitchen. Their throats slit. And I found a note next to the puddle of their blood. It read 'you and your friends will be next'.” Eclipse hesitated, holding back tears from telling the story. “So I packed a few things and ran as far and as fast as I could. During my travels, I have flown father than anypony has ever dreamed, and I have seen things beyond imagination. Beyond Equestrian borders. Over seas and mountains. Over deserts and forest alike. I have flown the world over. To keep you all safe. From the danger that has plagued me since I lost my innocence. And to find them and make them pay for what they did." A single tear rolled down his face.

"So . . . Why did you come back after all these years?" Celestia asked softly, as she sat on the floor staring at Eclipses chest, at the scares that covered him from years spent in the wild.

Eclipse let out a sigh. "Everypony has to settle down at some point, am I right?” he stated, a weak smile on his face. “And before you ask Cel, I got into a bit of a spat with some griffon a few years back." His smile turned from weak to mischievous.

"Over what?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"A rabbit that I was cooking,” Eclipse said. “She thought she might just take it off the spit as I was having a nap. So she got a hiding for it". At the mention of a cooking rabbit on a spit, Twilight and Luna had backed themselves into the corner furthest from Eclipse. He looked over at the two ponies in the corner with a raised eyebrow. "What?" he turned to the others. “Was it something I said?”

"What do you mean WHAT!? You’re a meat eater! You could eat any one of us at a moments notice!" Twilight practically screamed, her face full of terror.

Eclipse’s face lit up in one of those ‘ah, now I get it!’ moments. "Hmm, so I take it you've never seen an omnivore before?"

The ones of the mane 6 that knew him showed confusion. "Omni-what?" Rainbow asked with a raised eyebrow.

"An omnivore,” Eclipse explained. “It means that I can eat both meat AND plants.” Eclipse turned to Applejack. “In fact, do you happen to have an apple under that hat of yours AJ?" Applejack took off her hat, and sure enough, there was a big shinny red apple sitting inside which she flicked over with her tail. Eclipse plucked the apple out of the air and brought it to his mouth. "Now this is just to prove that what I’m saying is true," and Eclipse took a bite out of the apple, chewed, and swallowed. "See, I told ya."

Twilight shook her head. "I’m still not convinced. You just took one bite out of a whole apple, so as far as I know, that one bite won't cause you any ill effects."

"Ahh, true,” Eclipse agreed. “But I DID have a cupcake earlier, and I’m not getting sick from it, am I? Then again, it’s Pinkie's baking, so the only way I’d be sick from them is if I had too much." Eclipse took another bite from his apple and continued talking while jabbing the apple in her direction, like a dismissive parent would jab a hoof/finger in the direction of an unruly child. "But again, you'd might say, 'yeah but a cupcake has sugar in it and you might eat that along with the occasional bit of fruit to supplement your diet'. Again you'd might be right, but I’m also capable of eating grains, dairy products, and fruits and vegetables. And if I’m REALLY hungry, I could walk outside and snack on the lawn, which mind you sounds like a plan to me at the moment."

"Why? How long ago was your last meal?", Rarity asked. "How long have I been out of it?" Eclipse responded. "Three days," came the reply.

Eclipse then looked up at the ceiling, where he was flicking out random fingers as if counting while muttering to himself. "Uhhh, ‘bout a week ago. I think, but I’m not sure." Eclipse then took one last bite from his apple and with a flick of his wrist, tossed the core in the bin. "But since its been three days, then that means I can take this flaming bandage off, 'cause its driving me bucking nuts." And so, with that statement, Eclipse tore the bloodied bandage off his wing, and flexed it out a bit to give it a stitch. "Damn that feels good."

"Well knowin your appetite,” Applejack interrupted, turning around towards the door. “I’d best be gettin home ta rustle up some good old Apple family treats for ya."

Eclipse gave a warm smile. "Thanks AJ, I appreciate that. How bout I give ya a lift home for your troubles. eh?"

As if on cue, Nurse Redheart burst through the door. "ECLIPSE, YOU WILL PUT THAT BANDAGE BACK ON YOUR WOUND, AND YOU WILL NOT BE GIVING ANYPONY JOYRIDES FOR THE NEXT WEEK. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!". The sudden entry had caught everypony by surprise, and had even startled the two princesses. They all looked over to the bed where Eclipse had poked the top of head over the top to eye off Redheart from the other side of the bed, he gave a slow nod and Redheart left the room in a huff.

"Jesus, she’s got some bite to 'er.” Eclipse commented. “Hell, I’d take me chances with marryin a bloody Dragons Tongue chilie."

"I heard that!" Redheart called from down the corner.

When the cost was clear, and the tension had died down, Eclipse came out of his hiding spot and once again, took his seat on the bed. "Something tells me that she’s forgotten that I can heal faster than most normal ponies."

"Err, sugarcube?” Applejack interrupted nervously. “Your not exactly a pony. Your a human, remember?"

Eclipse pointed to his large wings, "Yeah AJ, remember that I’m also a human/pegasus hybrid? You know, human father, pegasus mother? So technically I can half get away with it. Anyway, I’m as healthy as a horse. So to speak."


A/N
Thanks to RandomExpert781 for doing a superb edit for me... cheers mate =D