• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 10,276 Views, 310 Comments

Sparkle Is An Imposter - Swish



When Twilight's spell accidently turns her into Celestia, she had no idea what to do.

  • ...
83
 310
 10,276

An annoying reflection

Twilight Sparkle stared open-mouthed at the mirror floating in front of her. She had collapsed into a sitting position and was continuing to focus blankly on her reflection. No, not her reflection, Princess Celestia's reflection.

You have got to be kidding me.

She had known she was Princess Celestia since this morning but it wasn't until she looked in the mirror that she actually understood. She had even raised the sun this morning and it hadn't been hard at all. She had just thought 'I want the sun to raise', and voilĂ , it was done.

All those times she told me how difficult this was?! She's such a liar!

Twilight shoved her hoof through the mirror, causing it to break into a cascade of small pieces.

"This is not happening. This is NOT happening." She had been repeating those words since this morning, each time getting louder and louder. Pretty soon she'd be shouting.

Speaking of shouting, I just want to scream right now. Twilight stood up and decided to let out all of that annoyance that had built up in the past hour and a half.

"AAAAUUUUUUHHHHHHGGGH!" Her scream echoed throughout the room. She sat down, satisfied until she heard a voice from outside her room.

"Sister? Are you alright?" Twilight gulped. She hadn't really meant to wake Princess Luna, but she decided that it didn't matter anyway. Using magic to throw open the door, she ran out of the room and collapsed onto the ground in front of the great 'Princess of the Night'.

"Lunnaaaaaa! Help meeee!" Twilight couldn't help but notice how incredibly WHINY Princess Celestia's voice sounded.

"Help you with what, sister?" Luna asked. Then suddenly she frowned. "Did you get into my cider storage again? I thought I told you that was off limits. It makes you go crazy."

"Huh?" All Twilight seemed to have learned this morning is that Celestia certainly didn't act anything like she had expected her too.

"Oh, never mind." Luna shook her head "But what is wrong with you, sister?" Luna's face seemed truly worried, and Twilight couldn't believe how much she cared for Celestia.

"I'm not your sister! I'm Twilight Sparkle!" Finally. An hour and a half of not-telling-anyone-she's-Celestia was just too much for Twilight.

Luna seemed generally surprised at this, maybe too surprised.

"WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND." Twilight flinched, Ugh, anything but the Royal Canterlot voice.

"I misused a spell, and now I'm Celestia!"

Luna paused as if she was thinking. "WHAT IS THOU GOING TO DO?"

Twilight flinched again. "I don't know! I don't even know the reverse spell!"

Unfortunately, their conversation was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Uh... come in?" Twilight composed herself, trying to stand in a way that made her look taller and more... Celestia-like. The door opened and Twilight stared as her friends came parading into the room, and they all started talking at once.

To Twilight it sounded something like, "Oh gee hey sorry nice to see you hello princess something Twilight wrong Celestia won't open Twilight door can't see don't understand will you help?"

Twilight blinked a couple times, and then smiled, "Uh, could you repeat that?"

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity all looked at each other politely, waiting for one of them to speak. Pinkie Pie of course, took the opportunity to blurt out the whole story.

"Well, you see Miss Princess Lady, we all woke up this morning, on this super-duper-fantasticly-wastic nice day, only to discover that our friend Sparkly-warkly had locked her door and REFUSED, I repeat, RE-FU-SED, to come out of her house."

Rarity quickly interrupted with "And you can hear her COMPLAINING from inside. Endless, torturous, COMPLAINING."

"Ah didn't think it was THAT bad..." This was Applejack now.

"Not that bad?" Rainbow flapped her wings angrily. "It was all 'But I'm not pretty anymore and don't come in and I'm stupid 'cause I'm Twilight and that's dumb."

Twilight suppressed the urge to groan. It was one thing to be stuck in Celestia's body, and it was another to know that Celestia was being a depressy-pants in hers. I mean, she wasn't THAT ugly.

"Well." Twilight smiled, trying to be as Celestia-like as possible. "I suppose you all should wait and see if she's better by tomorrow. If she isn't, come and see me again. Oh, and if you're able to talk to her, please tell her that Princess Celestia has some questions.

Twilight smiled to herself as she closed the door behind her friends. She had just achieved one of the things that had been worrying her since this morning: Tell her friends everything is alright.

"WE STILL HAVE QUESTIONS TO ASK." Twilight groaned out loud this time, and rolled her eyes. After I return to being Twilight Sparkle, I swear I'm inventing a spell that makes her speak quieter.

"What do you want to know?" Twilight turned to face Luna and smiled politely.

"HOW DOST THOU INTEND ON RETURNING TO THINE OWN SELF?"

Twilight glared at Luna. "I don't know! Now hushy-hush, I'm trying to think!" Twilight Sparkle paced around the room, and could only imagine what Princess Celestia would look like with her face in such deep concentration.

"Don't I have... responsibilities?" Twilight couldn't believe this had only just occurred to her. Obviously she hadn't had enough time to evaluate the current situation.

"No. You haven't had responsibilities since the incident with the changeling queen." Twilight couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"What? Not have responsibilities? Changeling queen? I'm a PRINCESS for Equestria's sake! Of COURSE I have responsibilities!"

"With the exception of lifting the sun in the morning, you currently have no responsibilities." Luna was obviously not looking at Twilight, so Twilight bent down until she was staring straight into Luna's eyes.

"Why? Why don't I have anything I'm supposed to be doing? There has to be a reason for me being Princess Celestia instead of Queen Couch Potato!"

"Do not distress yourself, Twilight Sparkle. You have hired a changeling to take your place in any important events."

"WHAT!?" Twilight stared dumbfounded at Luna. "You mean Princess Celestia's decisions have been made by a CHANGELING?"

"That is exactly what I am saying, Twilight." Luna seemed genuinely pleased that Twilight was catching on.

"I am soooo going to have a talk with her next time I see her. I mean, I have more responsibilities than her! And from now on, I'm addressing all my letters to Queen Couch Potato! I can see it now,

Dear Queen Couch Potato,

Today I learned that the easiest way to make friends is to become super important doing absolutely nothing.

Your lazy student,

Twilight Sparkle.

P.s- I was too busy being lazy to write more than one sentence. I hope you don't mind.

"Twilight! I believe you are overreacting!" Princess Luna's voice completely ruined Twilight's beautiful hypothesis about what the future would be like. "Everypony has secrets they keep from people. Princess Celestia does help out her changeling every now and then, and attends really important events. I can also assure you that whenever you have seen Princess Celestia, it has been the real one. Now please, calm down"

Twilight stared at Luna, and decided in that one moment that royalty was completely crazy. Not only was Celestia shirking her royal duties, Luna was actually defending her!

I can't help but wonder though, what exactly is Celestia learning about me? She is in my body after all.