• Published 3rd Jun 2023
  • 102 Views, 0 Comments

Carve's Final Story - AizakkuHorooee



Queen Carve calls for a meeting with Patch, Aita, Cozy Glow and her star pupil, Kuma, who is having trouble in school understanding how Aita can contact Carve despite never living in the hive. Carve relates, sharing that through a story of her own.

  • ...
 0
 102

Teaser/Cold Open

Okay, so it’s been a while. As the ruler of the changeling kingdom, I have carried on Chrysalis’ legacy turnaround, her most important rules staying in place with me. As it turned out, Patch had inclined to be my advisor, and Areola recently moved to Silver Shoals like Membrane did thirty five years ago. Funny thing about my rule is that I ended up rebuilding the hallway Correal destroyed when she left us. I know, it kinda goes against everything Areola and Chrysalis set when they ruled, but nobody objected when I told them.

So now, Patch comes into the throne room. “Got here as soon as possible, Carve.”

“Great, now all we need is the princess of friendship and we’re all set.”

“So what’s the emergency?” he asks as he sits next to me on the throne.

“Maybe let’s wait for Aita and Cozy first. You know how they are with those pears.”

The throne room glows slightly with magic, before the ceiling shoots out tiny green beams to form a midair projection in front of me and Patch. On screen are of course Aita and Cozy Glow.

“Hi Carve!” they greet, waving.

I giggle. “I’m so glad you could make it, girls.”

“So what's the problem?” asks Aita.

“Ever since I rebuilt the hallway and started the education hive, I’ve been teaching everybody there about what I’ve learned, but it seems my star pupil is confused about changeling life in class.”

Cozy Glow looks confused. “What do you mean?”

“Let’s just say it’ll be good to have all of you here,” I answer.

Queen? I look to my left and see a fully armored Pharynx at one of the entrances to the throne room. “Kuma has arrived.”

I nod. “Send them in, Pharynx.”

Pharynx pushes Kuma into the throne room with his magic and leaves. Kuma then flies up onto the throne, which causes them to see the projection of Aita and Cozy.

“Ah, Aita. Nice to see you,” Kuma says, to which Aita nods. “But I-I’m confused. How can you still contact Queen Carve like this? You never lived here.”

“I see,” Aita replies.

“If that’s you’re problem, you’ve come to the right place,” says Cozy Glow.

“Well… it’s clear at least you all are friends,” Kuma continues. “But what about Mother Membrane, Amplitude and Thorax? Even Synth still? They all had established lives outside of the hive, and never came back just like you, Aita.”

“What made you come to the conclusion that we couldn’t?” asks Patch.

Kuma sighs. “You see, Prof. Patch, our history class has a unit on how changelings can strike out on their own. But it never mentioned anything about calling our queen. I just assumed that would be cut off if we went rogue.”

I listen carefully to what Kuma has to say about the matter, and I can only say one thing to them.

“You know what, Kuma? I think you have some good points.”

“WHAT?!?” exclaims Cozy, putting her hooves on her head.