• Published 5th Mar 2023
  • 910 Views, 33 Comments

Orange is Not Your Color, Darling - Saphire Systrine



Sweetie Belle goes to jail.

  • ...
3
 33
 910
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 6 )
zx29b #1 · Mar 7th, 2023 · · 1 ·

11524227
Man, I don't get why they think that basic training encourages good behavior. Folks in uniform are not exactly paragons of civic virtue. When servicemen party, they put frats to shame. It's like all of the freedom and madness that they don't get to enjoy at work just builds up in them until it explodes the second that they get off-base. Ah, good times. Well, not really.

This story is good.

One thing that has me a little weirded out. Sweetie Belle is in a cell bloc that houses almost exclusively colts. I thought she would've been held in a cell bloc with almost exclusively fillies. Jails, prisons and detention centers(both juvenile and adult) tend to separate inmates by sex and put them into separate cell blocs to prevent things like sexual assaults, prostitution rings and inmates offering sex as a commodity(I know they're just foals, but not all of them are prepubescent and some might be in there for committing sex crimes). Either Equestria is reeeeaaaaaaallllllly progressive with their department of corrections or this is a gross oversight and just guaranteed her family a large lawsuit settlement.

Welcome Ladies to MCRD San Diego . . . FULL METAL BISCUIT :facehoof:

All institutions use similar protocols and procedures :rainbowlaugh:

Will Sweetie do any mess duties?:pinkiesick:

Woah, very interesting story you got here. I haven’t seen a prison story in a while which I wished the Fluttershy one got completed… anyways, I’m very curious why is Sweetiebelle here? That’s á interesting mystery to figure out unless they got the wrong filly :twilightblush:

Though, I’ve seen stories take on the harsh jail life but so far it’s Equestria ideal since it’s clean and organized… for now :rainbowderp:

11524438
Well, this is Equestria so ponies might not follow certain sins that humans would fall into. But, I totally agree that she should be in a filly prison unless there isn’t many fillies who are on jail?

11524227
This is true in the US. Not so much in countries with actually successful corrections facilities with low recitivisim rates. Most of our research indicates that structure helps to a degree but it's extremely important that life inside is as close as possible to their ideal (non criminal) life outside.

But then, that's how things should be, not how they are.

11524914
To drive home this point, Norway uses this sort of approach to correction (the one you describe as ideal). The rate of rearrest in Norway is 20%, compared to 66% in the US or 28% in the UK.

Login or register to comment