• Published 12th Mar 2023
  • 750 Views, 37 Comments

Overpowered - gapty



After repeated incidents of "overpowering", Twilight Sparkle writes a program to find the cause of the recuring problem.

  • ...
5
 37
 750

analysis_report.docx

After conducting a two-week analysis of the collected data, the following conclusions regarding the geode's power levels were discovered:

  • There is no distinguishable difference in the fluctuations of the geode's power level changes between when it is worn or placed away.
  • The geodes have an average power level of 150, with values usually fluctuating between 85 and 215.
  • If no other factors are involved, the geode's power level decreases by 8.7% per hour.
  • When two or more wearers engage in social activities with each other, the geode's power level increases at varying rates, depending on the number of wearers present. The rate of increase ranges from additional 2.7 per hour for two wearers to 25.4 per hour for seven wearers.
  • Intentionally using power adds 35.6 to the current measured value.
  • Activities performed in accordance with a wearer's Element show an increase in the geode's power level ranging from 12.9 up to 45.1.
  • Conversely, activities that contradict a wearer's Element result in a decrease in the geode's power level, ranging from -14.2 to -50.7.
  • The power levels of the geodes are interconnected, such that any increase or decrease in one geode's power level affects the others by approximately 11.8% of the same change.
  • The data indicates that "overpowering" occurs at a measured value of approximately 280-300, while unintentional "ponying up" occurs at a measured value of 340.
  • Intentional "ponying up" instantly elevates the geode's power level to a value of 458.1, after which it gradually decreases at a rate of 37.4 per hour. Every usage of power during this state causes a reduction of 27.8 in the power level.

More data and experiments are required to explain some aspects of the geode's power level, especially the interconnection between the geodes.

To keep “overpowering” in control, following actions are recommended:

  • It is encouraged to spend time with no more than 4 people at a time.
  • While it goes against the personality of the bearer, it is still encouraged that they engage in fewer activities that are directly related to their Elements.
  • Breaks and engagement in social activities with others should be taken, especially during periods of high geode power levels.
  • When wearers engage in activities related to their Elements, they should do so in small groups, rather than large ones.

The program has also been modified to issue a notification to the wearer when the measured value exceeds 240 and then a warning when the measured value exceeds 280. At this point, urgent intervention is advised unless preventing "overpowering" is deemed a lower priority.