• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 1,312 Views, 27 Comments

Forbidden Love - Snug-Brony



A tragedy/romance about Discord and Celestia (No Clop)

  • ...
12
 27
 1,312

Chapter 1: The End of the Universe

Chapter 1: The End of the Universe

It has been 100 years since the birth of Celestia though she only looks the age of Applebloom. She stood on the balcony of the Canterlot castle.

For my entire life I had been forced to look forward. I could look back if I was in the castle or any other building, but not while I was outside. My mother had always told me that if I were to look back that I couldn’t forget the horrors that were happening at The Great Divide. I would see the Pegasus flying to battle and the Unicorns and Earth Ponies marching towards the war zone too, but never any of the actual battles. Something today was urging me to look back - a sound of a claw tapping the ground. I knew this wasn’t the sound of a Griffon because I would hear the claw then a lighter footstep there was no doubt about it – this was a draconequus.

The sound has now gotten louder driving me crazy I just wanted to look behind me. What draconequus would be brave enough to sneak into the castle? What if he is after me? I was alone my guards ran off to help my mom with something. The sound was getting louder and louder now. Am I going insane? Is there really a draconequus this close to me? 100 hundred years of never looking were pointless. I saw the ponies and draconequuses fighting while it would rain blood over the gorge. I was hidden within the palace walls my entire life all of the violence and death had just left me motionless. Then suddenly something jumped out of me.

It really was a draconequus! Until this point I had only seen a picture of one though he was only the age of me.

“I shall take the life of the weak little pony for King Draconerus!” The young draconequus shouted as he raised his claw.

I hid my face with my hooves expecting the life ending blow. Everything just seemed to be in slow motion. I wondered if everypony was privileged to die in slow motion, so they could live just for a little while longer. Suddenly, I heard a loud “ummpff” and I remove my arms from my face to see a griffon had sprung from the sky to attack the young draconequus. Everything was a little blurry, but in the distance I could see the griffon fighting the small draconequus. I saw him with deep cuts and gushing blood. Something inside of me see the griffon as the bad guy though the draconequus just tried to kill me a second ago. My instincts took a hold of the situation and a shot a beam of energy across the balcony to strike the griffon down. The Griffon just laid there motionless, was it dead?

The young princess who had never seen bloodshed, besides when she scraped her knees, had just murdered a griffon. So much blood the filly had seen in just five minutes. It was too hard to comprehend all of the things she’d seen. Her entire life living in the beautiful secluded castle to protect her from pain. The time of her innocence has now been washed away. She was now aware of the times at hand. She never got to know how the world works due to her mother’s deep love for her. Today’s events would change the rest of her life. From child to war pony.

“You saved my life, yet I just tried to kill you, why? Wait a second…you have wings and a horn….no it can’t be….are you…Celestia?

“Yes, I’m the royal Princess Celestia, but who are you and how do you know who I am? I know nothing of your culture.”

“I know everything about you, know your enemy, but you saved my life. Well anyways my dad says you guys are heartless beings whose only goal is to hurt the draconequuses, but you’re not like that at all.”

“All my mother says about you guys is that you’re evil and to never go near one of you, but I’m talking to one right now.”

“Man you are just such a Mommy’s girl listening to whatever she says never knowing anything of the war.”

“Well she told me not to look back outside and she was right about that. So much blood…I couldn’t handle it, I still can’t!”

“These times are filled with blood better get used to it instead of just hiding from it. My father wants me to be ready for the fight when I’m old enough. I can become a great general just like my brother!”

“You know you’ve still never told me who you are.”

“Sorry about that, I’m Prince Discord the heir to the thrown of the draconequus Kingdom.”

“You mean you’re a prince? This makes it even worse; I really shouldn’t be talking to you. I gotta go.”

Celestia begins to fly off back into the castle, but discord flies up to stop her.

“You may think everything outside of your little castle is streams of blood, but there are other beautiful things out there you know.”

Like what?”

“Let me show you!”

Discord tries to fly off, but realizes that he is still cut up pretty bad. Celestia holds on to him while he starts to fall. Her horn then lightly touches him while a burst of magic flashes. His wounds then soon start to disappear.

“I had no idea that I could heal somepony like that!”

“Uggh, this is so confusing! I’m supposed to hate you! I have been taught that you’re the enemy! You saved me though! I would be dead! But you’re the one, your people, are supposed to be the one to kill me!”

“I feel no hate for you though. I couldn’t ever kill anypony. Well besides…I mean that was an accident.”

Celestia and Discord then looked over to the motionless griffon. Its leg then suddenly twitched. Could it be true that she didn’t really kill him? The griffon then abruptly got up and looked around. The griffon shouted about how the crazy princess is trying to kill her and then flew off.

“It such a relief that I didn’t kill him! I couldn’t live with myself. I may be new to the whole death, war, and murder thing, but I know that I don’t want to become that.”

“Well now that I’m healed are ready to see what I gotta show you?”

“Can you tell me where we are going? I don’t like strange places.”

“Come on don’t you have any sense of adventure? I can’t describe this place it will be more beautiful than anything that you will ever see in your entire life. Just follow me and you won’t regret it.”

The two young creatures flew from the castle across Equestria. They flew beyond the Crystal Mountains. Way up in the Frozen North they made it to the highest peak mountain. When they looked out from the mountain all they could see was snowy wind. Discord slowly started turning blue while Celestia froze.

“Why are we up here? There is nothing to see here and it’s freezing!”

“I think that you forget that we draconequus can bend reality. At this point I can rip a hole in the Universe to show you the point of the Universe’s end.”

“You mean like the moment in time when the Universe blows up and is no more?”

“No we can’t time travel. It is the point of the Universe that just stops. Every black hole leads to it, but you don’t live through the black hole, your body gets ripped to shreds.”

“Whoa! Why is your body turning blue?”

“Just like your still an alicorn because of your mother I can still adjust with the weather from my father. Now get ready to be blown away I’m gonna open the portal!”

Discord reaches his hands up into the horizon and stretches out the sky opening a hole to reveal the end of the Universe. Inside of the portal is just plain black, but sparkling with pieces. Everything from the black holes had been torn up into tiny particles. Some of them were from stars, so they sparkled as bright as the Sun, while others from other debris would collect together creating astonishing balls of color. Everything was in some sort of orbit making the star pieces collide with the colors making bright colorful flashes of hue. It looked as if it were a moving painting with something new to look at everytime. It was such an amazing sight for the secluded filly’s mouth drop to the floor. She was so breathless not knowing how to make words of it. She expected something beautiful, but nothing that comes even close to what she was looking at. She tried to think of words to come out to thank Discord for this view, but they didn’t come out.

“I’m so cold,” was all that Celestia could stutter for still being paralyzed by the landscape.

“I can control my body it will automatically adjust my body with the temperature, but that doesn’t mean I can’t go the opposite of the weather.”

Discord’s body then turned a deep red that gave off extreme warmth. Celestia then nuzzled him and started to cuddle in order to keep warm. They both looked at the dazzling swirls and rotations of the pieces of the Universe that has gathered up there. To Celestia and Discord this was no sin, this was no love for it had only been an unfortunate friendship. For the next year every month on the first Thursday (the anniversary of when they met) they would come up to the Frozen North where nopony could see them. They would play games, share stories, and Discord would help Celestia get over the horrors she had seen in the war. These two needed each other. Discord had made Celestia a lot more adventurous, and Celestia made Discord friendlier. This continued on for two years until Draconerus had planned the most daring attack yet – a direct attack on the castle.