• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 2,379 Views, 243 Comments

Equestrian Omni-hero - Blaze-saber

  • ...
10
 243
 2,379

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 42: Getting too Young for this

In a village at night, in a healing shop, the shopkeeper is looking at a familiar elder. “You have tried every potion, my most special herbs. I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do to stop you from getting older.” He said in a sympathetic manner.

“You will be very sorry if you cannot help me.” The pony, who is Hex who is now older than he was, spoke with slight anger.

“Well, there is a bright side.” The pony said as he picked up some petals. “Here, chew these and you will regrow your main and tail.”

Meton weights!” Hex casted a spell as he glowed his hoof red and the shopkeeper was slammed into the wall. “Miss Drago, my niece Hope, and their little friends did not take all my strength. I want my power. I want my youth. Give it to me!” He ordered before he dropped the shopkeeper. “Now, what else can you provide me with?” He questioned.

The shopkeeper got up and brought out a vial he had around his neck. “Water. From the Fountain of Youth.” He said while giving it to Hex as he quickly snatched it. “I have only a drop left. But I know where you can find more.”

Hex then drank the drop of the water, which made him smirk as he felt himself becoming younger and his wrinkles faded. “This is only the beginning! Now, tell me where I can find more.” He said with a smirk as his eyes glowed red.


Somewhere in a historical landscape, the group was on a tour as they were listening to something about the Fountain of Youth. “Clover the Clever arrived with the leaders of the three tribes on the adventure of Equestria 1,000 years ago.” The tour guide explained. “While Equestria was still in its earlier stages, Clover heard stories of the Fountain of Youth and made it her mission to find it. She located their stream here, however, she never found the fountain."

"What I want to know is, where is the Fountain of soda because it's really hot out here." Helix whispered to the others.

"Now that is a fountain Clover should have been finding." Manny agreed.

"Come on you two, show some respect." Misty whispered. “This is the oldest part in all of Equestria."

“Here, you can read about Clover in this text, Clover’s description of her discovery.” The tour guide said while showing the description walls.

"Now this is something I read about in the Restricted Section of the library back in Canterlot." Twilight mentioned while looking at the description. "Clover and another Soldier came close to finding the fountain but they both hit a snag and weren't able to find it. Maybe we can pick up where they left off."

“What makes you think we can find it?” Applejack questioned with a brow.

“Have you met us, AJ?” Twilight asked with a smirk. “No matter where we go, we always discover and rediscover things. Like how I finished Starswirl’s unfinished spell that granted me my wings.” She said while she spread her wings.

“She got us there.” Rainbow said with a smirk. “And we always discover things.”

“Eeyup.” A familiar voice was heard, which got their attention.

“Wait, I know that voice.” Applejack said with a smirk as she turned and saw not only Big Mac, but her little sister Applebloom and Granny Smith. “My family!” She called as she rushed to the three as they shared a family hug.

“Why, it’s good to see you, big sis!” Applebloom said with a smile as they broke the hug as the others walked up to them.

“Why, this is a surprise.” Rarity said with a smile. “What brings you three here?”

"Well, Sugar Bell mentioned then a nice little vacation away from the farm would be nice once in a while." Granny Smith mentioned. "Plus Apple Bloom missed ya."

"Eeyup." Big Mac said.

“You have been gone most of the summer, we figured we would take a little trip ourselves. Hoping we cross paths with you.” Applebloom said with a smile. “So, what are you doing here, though?”

“We were reading the description of how Clover was this close to finding the fountain of youth.” Applejack said while showing the description wall.

"I'll never understand why they made the words so gosh darn small." Granny mentioned as she squinted her eyes at the description on the wall.

“Well, if you can’t read the words, Granny Smith, maybe we should get you a magnifying glass.” Helix suggested.

“Or a big telescope.” Manny joked with a chuckle.

“Huh?” Granny Smith asked in confusion before she shrugged and walked off.

Manny kept chuckling before the others gave him a glare as they walked off. “What? What did I say?” He asked as they went up to a fountain.

“Manny, the one thing about elderlies, is that they don’t wanna be reminded that they’re old.” Helen said to him with her arms crossed.

“Oh, right. Sorry.” Manny said in guilt.

“Ah, lay off Manny.” Helix said as he placed his hoof in the fountain. “We wouldn’t worry about Granny Smith getting mad at us saying stuff like that.” He waved off.

"And why is that?" Ocellus asked.

"Because they can't hear us over the girl's nagging." Helix replied before he aimed a water gun at them. "I got you beat."

"I heard that, now what in tarnation do you mean I have lead feet?" Granny questioned.

"See?" Helix said with a smirk before he squirted water at his friends. “So, cool off.” He quipped before he rushed off.

“Oh, Helix just asking for it.” Attea said with a smirk as they rushed off after him while the adults watched.

“They just find a way to mess with each other in a fun way.” Spike said with a chuckle.

“That’s my cousin, finding ways to have fun in some boring places.” Flash said with a smile, which caused Twilight to look at him with a brow. "Oh come on, we were all getting bored from this."

“Oh, why do I try.” Twilight said with a chuckle.

“It was a good history lesson, Twilight.” Delta said to her.

“Well, y'all better come along to catch the younging.” Granny Smith said as she trotted after the kids. “I can still catch them!”

“No, Granny, don’t bust a hip!” Applejack called out in concern as they chased after her.

The group chased Helix to a Fairground as they laughed in amusement before Granny Smith stopped to catch her breath. "Whoo, if they stopped runnin'..." She huffed.

The adults went up to her. “Maybe you should take it slow.” Fluttershy suggested in concern.


Helix ran to a stand as he hid behind it and looked around for the others with his water gun out. He looked around to see if he could spot them, but no sign of them. He was confused for a bit before he turned and cotton candy was shoved in his face by Helen. “You should know by now that nothing can outrun me." She told him with a warm smile.

“I keep forgetting you could run fast.” Helix said with a chuckle as he stood up. And then a long tongue smacked him and licked the cotton candy off him. “Hey!” He called as he turned to see Attea.

“With cotton candy, it makes you even sweeter.” Attea said with a teasing smirk.

"I almost forgot how the incursions can be…" Lolaxx started before she trailed off. “What's the word?"

“Tonguey?” Zs’spoocy suggested.

“Yeah, that.” Lolaxx said with a smile.

"Well, at least we're even now." Smolder mentioned before the adults caught up and Granny Smith looked a little exhausted.

“Are you alright, Granny Smith?” Sliverstream asked in concern.

“Oh, yeah, I’m alright.” Granny Smith assured. “It must be just the humidity.”

“You know, they say older ponies need to stay indoors in the summer to cool off.” Gallus said to him.

“You should find a place to cool off, Granny.” Applebloom said in agreement.

“Who are you calling old?!” Granny Smith questioned with a look, which caused them to flinch.

“They meant, ‘age-challenged’, Granny.” Applejack quickly said with a sheepish smile.

“Eeyup.” Big Mac said with the same expression.

Granny Smith looked around the fairground before she smirked when she saw a dump tank. “Well, I see another way to cool off.” She said as she walked up to an unicorn pony mare with a light green coat and a dark green mane next to the booth. “One ticket, please.” She said to the mare.

“Oh, I’m sorry. But this booth is out of order.” The mare said to her as Granny Smith inspected it.

“Oh, it looks fine to me.” Granny Smith said before giving the mare a smile. “Come on, let my grandkids take a couple of throws. They need to see I’m not some old fuddy-duddy.” She said as she gave some bits to the mare and went inside the dump tank.

The mare levitated three balls and went up to the apple family. “Just one toss each.” She instructed. Applejack was the first to be the one to dunk Granny Smith as she threw the ball but missed the target. Big Mac then stepped up before throwing the ball and missing the target as well. "You all must go now!" The mare told them, which earned her confused looks at her.

“Hey, you said one toss each. I haven’t gotten my turn yet.” Applebloom reminded her as she reared back and tossed her ball, which hit the target as Granny Smith was ducked into the tank. “Yes!”

“Nice shot, little sis!” Applejack said while ruffling Applebloom’s mane while the mare had a terrified look on her face.

"No, nononono!" She cried out in a panic.

“Whoa, easy there. She’ll dry off.” Rainbow said to her as Granny Smith resurfaced and leaned on the tank.

“How’s the water, Granny?” Applejack asked.

"Well, it could be a little warmer on my joints!" She replied with a smile. Just then, screaming can be heard as they turned and saw Hex floating in the air.

“You can hide from me no longer, my old friend!” Hex called out.

“Uncle Hex?!” Hope asked in shock.

“He looks older than when we last saw him.” Venus noted, seeing Hex slightly older as the unicorn mare stepped back a bit in shock.

"He must have gotten that way because he lost some of his powers." Twilight theorized.

“So that means he’s not as powerful as he was.” Rarity said to them.

“Then let’s go stop him.” Helix said as they faced Hex. “We’ve beat you before, we’ll beat you again!”

“I will deal with you all later.” Hex said as he raised his staff. “Kalecky erupt!” HE called as he fired a beam at them, which knocked the group back as the unicorn mare looked up as Hex glared down at her. “And you. Now!” He called as the mare tried to run from him. Hex flew in front of her as the mare stopped. “Look at me! Too much time has already been taken! You found what you’ve been searching for a long time ago, now where is it?!"

“You know every powerful magic spell but you don't know the magic word 'please'?!" Helix called out as he, Helen, and Smolder charged at him.

“Because that’s a powerful magic word there!” Smolder called as she ready her magic.

Bretov alagoria!” Hex called as he used his powers to remove a ride’s seat, which caused Helen, Helix, and Smolder to get hit as they fell close to the tank booth, which got smashed from the ride as Granny Smith, Helen, Helix, and Smolder were splashed from the water as Hex turned to the unicorn mare and lifted her up. “The location! Give it to me!” He demanded.

“You should know by now that I swore to keep it a secret!” The unicorn mare said with a glare.

“And you should know it's not nice to keep secrets." Hex replied as the other four got up.

"My uncle may have gotten older, but he's still plenty powerful.” Hope mentioned with a worried tone.

"Going hero!" Helix declared as he activated his Omnitrix and transformed into Crashhopper. “Time to jump!” Crashhopper said as he jumped up high and pounced on Hex, who then got caught as Crashhopper kept jumping around him.

Twilight then went up to the unicorn mare and helped her up. “What does he want with you? And how do you two know each other?” She asked.

“Hex and I know each other way back.” The unicorn mare said seriously. “He wants something so powerful, if the truth was revealed… Equestria will never be the same.” She said grimly.

"What is it?!" Twilight quickly asked before Crashhopper crashed into her.

"Sorry, but he's still strong for an old pony." He apologized as Hex was walking towards them. But he quickly put up a magic barrier when a surge of electricity went at him. They looked over and saw Misty had transformed into her version of Shockquatch.

“Time for Yetishock to fry you!” Yetishock called as she sent an electric shock at Hex, but he blocked it with his staff as he sent her back, which she crashed into a stand.

Hex walked around the cup booth as he looked around before he saw the unicorn mare hiding behind it. Before he could get to her, Granny Smith got in front of him as the unicorn mare rushed off. “You’ll have to go through me first, fella.” She said firmly.

“With pleasure.” Hex said as he sent a blast with his staff, which Granny used a mirror to reflect it, but it created an explosion that sent Granny Smith trapped into a cup while Hex crashed into the ground.

“Get him!” Pinkie yelled as she and the others charged at Hex, but he stomped his hoof as he vanished in a cloud of dust as they all crashed into each other. “Wipe out.” She groaned.

Helix and Misty timed out as they rubbed their heads in pain. "Can somepony give me a hoof here!" They heard Granny Smith called out as something about her voice sounded different.

“Huh?” Sandbar asked as they looked around and saw the tilted teacup as they rushed towards it and lifted up.

“You okay, Granny?” Apple bloom asked as they got the cup off her. But what they saw shocked them as Granny Smith was completely different, her mane was back to a blonde color as she was no longer wrinkly and she looked as tall as Applejack.

“You know, I’ve never felt better in ma life. I almost feel young again.” Granny Smith said with her voice all young as they all looked at her in shock while the Apple Siblings saw that she reverted back to how she was in one of their old photos. "What? Why are y'all lookin at me like that?"

"You almost look like Professor Applejack." Gallus pointed out in shock.

“Eeyup.” Big Mac said in complete shock.

“You look like how you used to in one of your photos.” Applejack added.

Granny Smith looked at herself and saw that her wrinkles were gone before Rarity held up a mirror to her and she looked at herself. “I'm young? I'm young again!" She called out an excitement.

“Whoa, now this is a new one.” Delta said in shock.

“What did my uncle do to you? I never saw this spell before.” Hope said in confusion.

“Besides getting rid of my gray mane and tail, my wrinkles, and ma bad hips?” Granny Smith asked with a smile before she rushed up and delivered a strong buck to a crate, which startled a colt enjoying some ice cream as he dropped when it smashed to pieces while Granny Smith did a flip and landed on all four. “Wowzers! I can buck as hard as a bull charging at a big red barn and do somersaults again without worrying about my legs breaking!"

“Hey, can’t you be careful?” Colt questioned Granny Smith as she saw the ice cream stand and went towards it.

"Hey, y'all can't talk to my granny like that!" Apple Bloom told the colt, which confused him before Granny Smith came over with two ice creams and gave one of them to the colt.

“I couldn’t decide what I could eat anymore when I was little, so look.” Granny Smith then showed them the three scoops of ice cream in her cone. “I’ve gotten rocky road, mint chip, and ma favorite, chunka-hunka bubble.” She explained.

"Ooooh, I know about that one!” Pinkie spoke up. "That has real pieces of bubble gum in every bite!"

“Ya darn tooting it does. See?” Granny Smith then blew a bubble gum from her mouth, which exploded into Dust’s face, which caused Granny Smith and Pinkie to laugh from that as Dust wipe the gum off her.

"We have never seen her before in our life." Dust mentioned before the colt walked away from them.

"Granny, I know you're enjoying this and all, but can you act your age?" Applejack asked her.

“Very well.” Granny Smith said before she gave a confused look. “How old am I right now, y’all?”

“You look around Applejack’s right now.” Zs’spoocy noted.

"We have to turn you back to normal.” Applejack told her before she looked at Hope. "Do you think you can get your spell book?"

“Now wait just a gosh darn minute, I have no aches or pains anymore." Granny mentioned with a sincere tone. "I just want to enjoy this for a while."

“Yeah, sis. I mean, Granny always wanted to feel young, unlike Flim and Flam with their fake tonics, this is even better.” Applebloom added.

"That was different, this ain't natural at all.” Applejack pointed out. "This is some kind of magic spell that a crazy villain is up to no good, for all we know, he did this to our granny just to slow us down."

"I had no idea Applejack could be such a spoiled sport.” Granny mentioned with a surprised tone.

"Tell us about it." Helix replied.

“She always does this when she always thinks this is serious.” Applebloom muttered. “She’s stubborn as a mule.”

“Eeyup.” Big Mac said while Applejack gave a surprised look before she gave them a glare.

“As much as I hate to say it, Applejack is right about one thing.” Twilight spoke up. “Hex is still on the loose, and he’s clearly after something important if he was ignoring us.”

"All right, fine, We’ll find this pony, after a quick game of tag!" Granny Smith cheered as she tapped Big Mach. “You’re it!” She called as she ran off with laughter.

“Wow, didn’t know Granny Smith was this energetic.” Silverstream commented.

“Oh, it’s gonna be a long day.” Xylene muttered.


They brought the now young Granny Smith and the rest of the Apple siblings to the mobile base as Granny Smith was playing a video game with the boys, and crushing them while doing it, as Hope, Smolder, and Twilight were flipping through pages of spell books to find a way to reverse what happened to her. "Nope." Smolder muttered after looking at a spell.

“That won’t work.” Hope said while turning to another page.

“Wrong spell.” Twilight said before seeing something else. “Only applies to armadillos?” She asked in surprise.

“Wow, didn’t know you were such a gamer, Granny Smith!” Gallus called while he and he boys kept fighting her.

"Just goes to show y'all how working on a farm helps your hoof eye coordination." Granny Smith mentioned with a smug tone.

“We’ve searched through many spells. And while there is an age changing spell, none of them applies to what Hex did.” Twilight noted as she put the spellbooks away.

"I'm starting to think my uncle wasn't responsible for turning her young in the first place.” Hope said with a thought.

"Well if Hex didn't do it, then who did?” Helix questioned as Venus thought of something.

"That mare at the booth was really worried when she fell into the water, and Hex was after her for some reason." He mentioned with a look.

“Yeah, and it did look like those two knew each other somehow.” Xylene mentioned while rubbing her chin.

“Perhaps it was something in the water.” Delta said as he stood up. “We’ll use the elemental breakdown meter to test a core sample.” He said as he went to a cabinet and picked it up.

"Can it wait?" Granny Smith asked with a smile. "I kinda want to race Rainbow Dash."

"Granny!" Applejack called out with a tone.

“Okay, okay.” Granny Smith said with an annoyed tone. “Seesh, can’t even find a brightside to this.” She muttered.

“I heard that!” Applejack said firmly.

“AJ, can’t you at least give Granny Smith a little slack?” Rainbow questioned with a brow. “I mean, she has been wishing to become young again. And even in her elder years, she’s still spry.”

“Yeah, no need to be a party pooper.” Pinkie said.

“Oh for the love of… can we just go?” Applejack stubbornly asked as they walked off the mobile base.


A bit later, Dust and Delta are scanning the remains of the booth as Delta was looking at the screen. “The meter is picking up 12 times the amount of oxygen and hydrogen from that water." He told the others after looking at the readings.

"So, instead of H2O, it's HO12?" Misty asked just to confirm.

"Yeah, and it's registering high levels of carbon." Delta adde.

"So if that ain't normal water, then what is it?” Manny asked before Attea picked up a piece of wood and noticed an address and some sort of company name on it.

“Amazing Amusement Company. 1257 Northfield Lane.” Attea muttered. “I think we found a lead where that mare is.”

"Hang on, Amazing Amusement?" Twilight asked in confusion. "That's a company that shut down years ago, back when I was still just a filly. How did somepony get their hooves on one of their attractions?"

"This is a crime scene!” A stallion called out as two police officers walked up to them. "Drop the weapon and everyone will come with us."

“Now hold on!” Twilight said firmly as she got in front of them. “We have nothing to do with it. And does that look like a weapon to you?!”

"Maybe we should get these guys a hoof.” Helix mentioned before he activated his Omnitrix. "Humunga ones." The moment the core popped up and he slammed it down, he transformed into Humungousaur, but they were shocked as he looked completely different.

“Oh, no!” Zs’spoocy called. “Not you too!” She called.

What they saw was Humungousaur, but he was so smaller than he regularly does as he had two straps around him and he almost looked as tall as a giraffe. "Let's just go!" Spike called out as they all quickly rushed to the mobile base.

“So what do you think is wrong with my Omnitrix now?” Humungousaur asked with a younger voice.

“It’s not you, man. It’s the water.” Manny said to him.

“It went all over you too when the booth smashed.” Ocellus reminded. “You and your aliens just got younger like Granny Smith.”

“Wait, when the booth smashed?” Helen asked with a concerned look. “But me and Smolder got splashed by it as well.”

“Does that mean what I think it means?” Smolder asked with a concerned tone as they entered the mobile base.

"We'll get some answers once we head to that address.” Twilight mentioned as Delta quickly took the wheel.

“Time to get going.” Delta said as he started up the mobile base and took off as the Omnitrix started beeping and the red flashed blinded them. But then they noticed Helix, Helen, and Smolder are gone as they looked down and saw that they became little babies.

Helix was now a little foal, Smolder was around the same height as Spike, and Helen was now shorter as her clothes are a bit big for her and the orbs that normally would be attached to her fell off. “This is so not cool.” Smolder muttered.

“Oh, you three are adorable!” Fluttershy squealed with sparkles in her eyes as she carried the three in her hooves. “Aw!”

“Oh, I always loved you as a baby, son.” Dust said with a bright smile as she held Helix up.

“Hey, m-mom, put me down!” Helix said as he wiggled in his mother’s grasp.

“Oh, looks like someone needs a tickle belly.” Dust cooed.

“No, don’t you dare!” Helix pleaded before Dust did a raspberry right on his belly, causing him to laugh hysterically. “Haha! Stop! Hahah! It tickles!” He laughed.

“She really did this when Helix was just a foal.” Flash said while he and the others watched in amusement.

"Well, we did have to give him to my father when he was that age.” Delta mentioned with a small smile. “Now it kind of feels like we've been given a second chance."

“Though, it is adorable.” Rarity said with a smile

“And cute!” Pinkie cheered.

“Well, guess I’m the big one now to you, Helen.” Manny said with a smirk as Helen crossed her arms.

“Very funny.” Helen pouted as they all chuckled.

“Wow, I wonder what you would be like when you were little, but I didn’t know we would be the same height, Smolder.” Spike commented while looking at Smolder.

"Shut up…" Smolder replied with a bashful look.


A bit of driving, the mobile base parked up at a farm. “We’re here.” Delta said to them as Rarity finished making new clothes for Helen while Hope was looking at her spell book.

"Okay, I think I may have found something to fix all this." She mentioned before she looked at the de-aged four. “Revergoto Megretarium.” She said, but then snow fell on the four de-aged four.

“Hey!” Smolder yelled like a baby anger.

“Whoops!” Hope cringed with a sheepish look. “Guess I read it wrong. That spell means colder, not older.” She said while double checking her book.

“Can we just go?” Helix questioned with a look.


The group then walked through the orange farm field as Dust was carrying Helix on her back. “Mom, I can walk on my own." He told her.

“True. But then you would complain of not walking anymore.” Dust said with a smirk. “And besides, I missed doing this when you were a foal. As a matter of fact, you are again.”

"Come on, stay on!" Helen whined as she was trying to keep her orbs on her feet. “Why won't they stay on?!"

“I think since you’re too young, you can’t get those wheels fitted for you to use your speed.” Xylene explained. “Even an infant Kineceleran needed to wait until the proper age to use its wheels and speed.”

"But I've had these long since I can remember." Helen mentioned before Smolder just sat down at a tree.

"Well my feet hurt, I don't want to walk anymore!” She complained.

"Will you quit being such a baby?" Gallus asked before he and the others let out a small chuckle. “Oh wait, you can't."

“You do realize you have wings, right?” Lolaxx asked with a chuckle at Smolder.

"But my wings also hurt from flapping too much." Smolder complained before Twilight levitated her over and placed her on her back.

“You can ride with me, Smolder.” Twilight said with a small smile. “I used to carry Spike around before he got his wings.”

"And I still do." Spike mentioned before he hopped onto her back. They continued on before they reached the barn and saw the mare from the fair hanging by a rope.

“We might be too late.” Venus said as the mare came to and saw the group, but noticed the younger ones.

“I warned you about not going into the booth.” The unicorn mare said. “Now stay back!”

“Where’s Hex?” Helix asked her.

“You just missed him.” The unicorn mare said seriously. “I had no choice but to tell him.”

“What did he want from you?" Twilight asked her as Hex was hiding behind the barn before he noticed a tractor.

Hex then used his powers to transform into a mech as the group noticed it as it crashed through the farm. “Move or get turned to pulp, ponies!” Granny Smith shouted as they scattered.

They quickly ran in different directions before they saw the monster tractor let out flames from its mouth. "Going hewo." Helix said as he activated his Omnitrix before he realized what he just said. "I meant hero." He quickly slammed down on the court and transformed into a mini version of Spidermonkey. “Well, it’s weird, but better than nothing.” He said as he charged at the monster tractor.

“Great, just what we need. Spider-Chimp.” Rainbow sarcastically said. “What are you gonna do, throw mini webs at it?”

Spider-Chimp made monkey sounds as he swung around the monster tractor while the others followed as Misty turned into her version of Spidermonkey as Twilight and Granny Smith ran up to the unicorn mare tied up.

“What does Hex want so badly?” Granny Smith asked her.

“He came for the water.” The unicorn mare said as she was lowered down. “I have been the protector of the Fountain of Youth ever since the day I found it.”

“You found it?" Twilight asked her before she got a good look at her and her eyes went wide. "Oh… my… Celestia… You're… You're… You're…" She started to hyperventilate before gagging. "I think I'm going to throw up from excitement!"

"Breath Twilight, breath!" Pinkie shouted.

“Oh, no. She’s Twilight-excited again.” Spike muttered as the heroes kept fighting the monster mech.

“Okay, this is getting us nowhere if we can’t even do much at this size!” Smolder called as she breathed fire, but when she tried to use it and her magic, they were weak. “Even my magic is too weak!”

“Then let’s open it up!” Spider-Chimp called as he swung around and held it with his webs. “Helen, can you still use your speed to rip that thing open?!”

“I can try!” Helen called as she jumped onto the back and moved her arms at high speed and ripped out the circuitry as the monster mech short circuited as it tilted. “Wow, that was cool!”

“Well done, younglings!” Granny Smith cheered while clapping her hooves.

“Way a go, kids.” Dust said while petting Spider-Chimp on the head, who made monkey sounds at the petting. “Oh, even the chimp's sounds are cute!” She squealed.

"Mom, please…" Spider-Chimp complained with embarrassment.


Meanwhile, Hex was seen levitating through a swamp but he knew the others would catch up in no time. “Awaktelo foligeto!” He then focused his magic and caused the plants around the swamp to come to life as he floated off.


In the field, the others are following the unicorn mare. “So, you’re telling us that the Fountain of Youth is real?” Silverstream asked.

"And…and you're the Clover the Clever?!" Twilight asked with excitement.

“Yes.” Clover told them. “But it was decided back then that I would keep it a secret. I alone was asked by my former mentor and bound by the new land of Equestria to look over it for all of eternity. It seemed easy after drinking a whole cup of water from the fountain."

“Wait, so drinking the water can make you eternal?” Applejack asked in shock as Clover smiled and nodded.

“So you’re like, over a thousand years old?” Misty asked in shock. “That’s way older than Celestia and Luna are!”

“When my mentor vanished around the time Celestia and Luna were crowned, I was left looking after the fountain to protect its secrets so that no one will abuse it or use it in evil ways.” Clover said.

“Staying young forever…” Granny Smith said with an interesting smile. “Now that’s a dream come true for my liking.”

“More like a nightmare.” Clover said, which made the group turn to her.

“What do Clover mean?” Yona asked in confusion.

“I’ve been unable to fall in love, to have a family like yours.” Clover said sadly with a solemn look. “Knowing they would grow older while I did not. Time is your friend, not your enemy. Appreciate what you have.” She wisely said as they all listened to her while Granny Smith realized what she meant as she looked towards her grandchildren with a smile.

“I do.” Granny Smith said with a smile as she brought her grandchildren into a hug, which they returned with smiles.

“Ah, we love ya, Granny.” Applebloom said.

"I love y'all too." Granny replied as the Omnitrix on Helix timed out any transformed back.

“Man, I wish there were bananas around.” Helix whined as Dust lifted her son on her back while Twilight had Smolder on her back and Manny was giving Helen a piggy back ride while the three young kids laughed at the rush as the group ran past the field.

“But now Hex knows the Fountain’s secret location.” Clover said seriously.

"And it looks like he gets more powerful with every sip from the water, which is never good.” Hope added. “If he drinks more of that water, he'll gain immortality and nothing can stop him."

“But how do we get to the fountain before he does?” Zs’spoocy questioned.

“I’ve collected a few things over the years.” Clover said with a smirk.


Soon the group was in some sort of buggy with Clover at the wheel and the baby aged three were in baby seats. "This would be so cool, if we weren't in the carriages." Helix complained.

“Safety first, son.” Dust said with a smile. “You three are too young to even be sitting on this vehicle.” She said in a motherly tone.

“Delta, can’t you get her to stop?” Helen questioned.

“Sorry, but when she sees babies, there’s no stopping her.” Delta said with a smirk.

“So behave youngling.” Xylene said with a chuckle.

“You three are enjoying this, aren’t you?” Smolder questioned.

“Maybe a little.” Delta said with a chuckle.

“Now y’all three know how I was treated.” Applebloom said with a chuckle.

Just then, mutated plants popped up in front of them as they screamed in startled. “Hex!” They all exclaimed. Soon the mutated plant chomped down on the front of the vehicle and lifted them up as a bunch of thorny vines came right at it.

“Scatter!” Manny called as they all got out of the vehicles and started climbing on the vines, but for the three young kids in the baby seats, they were falling.

“The kids!” Dust cried out in horror when she saw her son and two of his friends falling.

Misty quickly activated her Omnitrix and transformed into her version of Swampfire. "Hang on!" She called out as she threw some fireballs at some of the mutated plants.

“We gotta help them!” Venus called as he turned to Hope. “Hope, think you can give me a lift? I can’t control these plants since Hex cursed them!”

"I'm trying, but these plants aren't making it easy!" She called out as she was dodging the mutated plants.

Granny Smith somersaulted across the thorns, but she was caught by the vines. “HELP!” She called.

“Granny!” The Apple siblings called.

The three young kids in the baby streets screamed as they fell from vines to vine. “Helix, we’re gonna crash!” Helen screamed in fear.

“I could fly, but you two, unless you have wings, baby splat!” Smolder exclaimed.

Helix quickly activated the Omnitrix and turned the dial. “Going hero!” He called as he slammed the core down as the three baby seats crashed onto the ground, but the three kids weren’t there. In the air, a bug-like alien with four eyes and green and black stripes with a stinger on the rear while the Omnitrix is on his face. “Before there was Stinkfly, there was a Stinky Fly!” He cheered while holding onto Helen.

"Very stinky." Helen gagged from the smell of him.

“Hey, at least it’s better than getting pancaked.” Smolder said as Stinky Fly gave Helen to her.

“You better plug your noses, girls. It’s about to get worse!” Stinky Fly called as he released some gas, which hit a plant as it started coughing and evaporated.

“Whoa, that stuff if strong.” Gallus commented.

“And disgusting!” Rarity called in disgust.

Stinky Fly then flew around and used his stinger to slice the monster plants that were holding Granny Smith, getting her free before catching her. “Way to go, Helix!” Flash cheered before the others were caught in the vines.

Misty, Hope, and Venus came in as they burned or slash the monster plants to set the others free as they began to climb down as Stinky Fly flew in front of them. “Can’t catch what you can’t see.” He said as he shot goo from his eyes and blinded the monster plants as they tied each other up. “You’ve heard of silent but deadly? Well, check out smelly and deadlier!” He called as he released more gas, which caused the plants to evaporate as he blinded them with his goo and released more gas as he sliced a couple with his stinger.


The rest of the group soon made it out of there as a halt to catch their breath before Stinky Fly came flying in. "I should really think about it when I transform into something like you." Misty mentioned.

“Hey, to each their own.” Stinky Fly said with a smile. “And at least this alien gets the job done. I didn’t have a chance to use Stinkfly up until now.”

“Which is still a bit gross.” Spike commented.

“Let’s keep moving. We’re almost there.” Clover said as they continued on.


A bit later, the group continued onto an underground cavern until they saw a huge pond below them. “There it is, the Fountain of Youth.” Clover said to them.

“One of Equestria’s greatest mysteries… solved.” Twilight said in amazement at the fountain.

"To be honest, I thought it would look more majestic in person.” Manny mentioned with a disappointed tone.

"That's when I thought as well." Clover mentioned.

"And there's no sign of my uncle here yet, so we must have beaten him to it." Hope said hopefully before the place started to rumble. "Nevermind!"

Hex then appeared from the fountain, which looked much younger. “You are too late. With control of the water, I shall become immortal! My power’s becoming greater than you could ever imagine!” He declared as his eyes glowed red as he smirked.

“Not if we stop you, uncle!” Hope called as she raised her hoof. “Teewat ligara!” She called as she released a twister at Hex, but he simply moved it aside as they all took over as they all fell to the ground.

“That hurt.” Pinkie muttered.

"Sorry about that…" Hope apologized.

"That was nearly the beginning of what I can do now." Hex told them before a powerful orb of magic surrounded him as the others looked on in fright.

"What do we do now?" Attea questioned.

"Give up." Misty replied which surprised them. “I mean, what good would it be if the three of us are babies?" She mentioned as she looked away with a smirk towards Helix.

"Hey, who are you calling a baby?!" Helix asked with a brow.

“Even if you went Heatblast to melt Hex, he snuff you out like you were a birthday candle.” Misty taunted as she gave a blow.

“Oh, yeah?!” Helix questioned as he activated the Omnitrix before he transformed into a smaller version of Heatblast, which caused Misty to grin, the others give a confusing look while Flash just facehoof himself. "No way, cus!" He replied before he threw a fireball at Hex, which he easily stopped and put out just as fast.

Heatblast gave a serious look as he flew up to him, but Hex punched him away. “I am working up quite a thirst.” He taunted as he levitated some water.

“Told you, Helix. Told you, told you, told you!” Misty taunted.

Heatblast got up with a very upset look. "Shut up! Shut up!! SHUT UP!!!" He shouted which made his flames group brighter from his temper tantrum, before his flames started bursting and grew hotter. The others quickly get behind a boulder as his parents and Twilight figure out what Misty just did.

"You only taunted him just so he could use his temper tantrum to evaporate the water of the fountain.” Twilight said with a brow and a smirk.

“All foals have meltdowns.” Misty said with a smirk.

“Hey!” Applebloom, Helen, and Smolder called with a look.

“See?” Misty said with a smirk.

“And since our son has a huge tantrum…” Delta started.

“He’s about to go supernova hot.” Dust finished with a smile. “That’s what I call total meltdown.”

Heatblast got even hotter as the Fountain of Youth began to evaporate. “NO!” Hex cried as Heatblast kept screaming as he then grabbed the rest of the water. “I must be eternal!” He called as he moved the water up.

Outside, a big gas released, which made Hex go flying far away as the others got out of the boulder as they saw Heatblast panting in what used to be the Fountain of Youth before the Omnitrix timed out as he transformed back. Helix’s parents went up to him as they comforted Helix with a hug. “Mom? Dad?” He asked slowly.

“We’re here, son.” Delta said with a smile.

“And we are so proud of you.” Dust said as she and Delta nuzzled Helix, who was giggling at their touch.

"That's heart warming and all, but you do realize he's going to stay away forever like the rest of us." Granny said with a sad tone.

"Don't worry, remember what I said before that I had to drink an entire cup full of the fountain's water?" Clover mentioned. "The four of you only got splashed by the water, so the effects should wear off soon."

"So what are you going to do now that the fountain is gone?" Ocellus asked Clover.

"Not really sure, but maybe it's time I start acting my age." Clover replied with a smile on her face as she looked up at the sky.


Soon Granny Smith, Helix, Helen, and Smolder returned to their rightful ages when they got back to the orange orchard and waved goodbye to Clover the Clever. "You know, I'm surprised you three weren't shocked that me and my cousin transformed into aliens right in front of you." Helix told the Apple family.

"This here is Equestria, nothing really surprises us anymore as much." Apple Bloom mentioned.

“Eeyup.” Big Mack said with a smile.

“As much as I love being young, I rather be with my family and spend as much time with them as I can.” Granny Smith said with a smile while looking at her grandchildren who smiled in return.

“So, you four need a lift back to Ponyville?” Applejack asked with a smile. “The farm might need some work to do.”

“We sure would, sis.” Applebloom said with a smile as they all entered the mobile base.

“I still can’t believe we got to meet THE Clover the Clever!” Twilight cheered while in fanmare mode. “This is the greatest day of my life! I can’t wait to tell Celestia, Luna, and even Starswirl about this!”

"I'm pretty sure Celestia and Luna kind of already knew." Flash mentioned with a smile before he shrugged. "But hey, whatever makes you happy."

“Hey, I wonder what happened to Hex after Helix’s tantrum blasted him far away.” Attea wondered with a thoughtful look.


At night time in the middle of a forest, a young voice can be heard. "I am still all powerful!"

"Heh, sure you are." Cursed’s voice said in amusement. In Cursed’s hooves, she was holding Hex, who has reverted into a little colt with his skull-tattoo gone with his robe wrapped around him.

“Put me down, Cursed!” Hex ordered his niece, who rubbed his cheeks.

“Gee, Uncle Hex, something tells me that I’ll be giving the orders for now on.” Cursed said in amusement as she carried her colt turned cousin away as she walked through the woods. "And while I was looking for you, someone gave me an opportunity to get back at my sister, her little apprentice and their friends. So that means they'll be babysitting you while I'll have fun." She said with a smug tone.

Hex has been reverted to a colt, so he won’t be seen for a long time while Cursed have formed an alliance with someone to take on her sister and her friends.

PreviousChapters Next