• Published 14th Dec 2022
  • 4,818 Views, 447 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected child - coto616



After she failed attack at the wedding, the queen finds a foal in the forest with a repulsive background.

  • ...
21
 447
 4,818

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10 - New Places and New Friends.

---------------------------------
Chapter 10 - New Places and New Friends.
---------------------------------

Chrysalis was sitting on a stool too small for her size, at her side was Clear Spark, and across from her sitting at her desk was Cheerilee, one of Equestria's best and most beloved teachers, outside the classroom and playing in the courtyard were the students whom the teacher asked to come out and play for a few minutes so she could talk quietly with a tutor and possibly new student.

"I'm glad you chose our little town to live in Ms. Ivy, I know Clear Spark will love it too." Said the teacher with a chuckle. "We have lots of fun activities each year and there is always something interesting going on around here, plus, as little Spark told me about his interests I must tell you that nearby lives a zebra who is probably the best botanist in Equestria and we also have three excellent musicians who would be more than willing to bring out the little one's musical taste."

"Thank you Professor Cher-chere-cherril..." Replied the colt trying to remember the name of his new teacher that somehow escaped his mind.

"It's Cheerilee, try to remember it if you want to be in my class." Replied the teacher with a smile.

"In that case, it's all set, isn't it?." Asked the queen with a smile. "When can little Spark start in your classes?".

"He can start tomorrow if you wish, but first I need some registration papers."

"Papers?" Asked the queen feigning surprise, she supposed something like this could happen and she was sure it would be simple. "Sure, I surely have everything with me."

"That's excellent, not many mares are so prepared and it's normal for them to forget one or two important papers."

"That's understandable, bureaucracy is a stone in everyone's hoof."

Cheerilee chuckled. "That's true, then I'm going to need you to provide me with the birth certificate of the minor and the legal guardian, a certificate of parentage, a certificate of study of the last course passed, a certificate of residence for both of you, and a medical certificate about little Spark's state of health."

The queen was surprised at the number of papers she would have to get, she could get the medical certificate and the residence certificate, as she planned to live in the village so that little Spark would have his school nearby, Clear Spark's study and birth certificate she could get with a little work, but his birth and parentage certificate was impossible for her to get unless she forged them and that would take too much time.

"Most of these papers you can get at the town hall and it wouldn't take more than a week to get them all, and the medical certificate you can simply ask for it at the hospital, meanwhile little Spark can be in class as a listener until we can finish the formalities."

This was overcomplicating the future the queen wanted to offer to her beloved little one, she needed another solution, she needed a more... aggressive approach.

"Ms. Cheerilee, could I speak with you alone for a moment?, I wouldn't want my little Spark... to be bored more than necessary with our conversation." The queen asked with a smile.

"Ohhh, of course, just give me a second." The teacher stood up from her seat and walked to the window and called a group of fillies to come over, opening the door to let them in."

"Is something wrong teacher?" Asked a small white unicorn.

"Nothing serious, but I need you to help me." The teacher approached the small unicorn and stood at her side. "This is Clear Spark, he'll be our new classmate and I'd like you to show him around."

"Great, a new buddy." Said all three in unison well excitedly running up to the colt and stopping in front of him.

"My name is Scootaloo, this is Sweetie Belle and this is Apple Bloom, what's your name?"

"Scoot." Said Apple Bloom rolling her eyes. "The teacher already told us his name, he's called Clear Spark."

"You'll have to excuse Scootaloo, she's kind of impulsive and we like having new classmates, and...what's wrong with your eyes?" Sweetie Belle asked raising an eyebrow and cocking her head slightly.

"Uhmmm, I've been blind since birth, I can't see anything." Replied Clear Spark a little nervously.

"Nothing at all?" Apple Bloom asked

"I can't see absolutely nothing."

"Then you can't see if I do this?." Scootaloo slowly brought his hoof close to one of the little unicorn's gray eyes only to have his hoof hit hard by Apple Bloom inches away from making contact with his eye.

"Scoot, what's wrong with you, you can't poke a blind pony's eye." Shouted the little pony.

"I wasn't going to, I just wanted to know if he could see it or not, and you didn't have to hit me so hard." Replied the pegasus angrily.

"Then don't try to poke his eye."

"I told you I wasn't going to."

"You were."

"'I wasn't.'"

"You were."

Cheerilee giggled for a moment as she watched the energetic trio of friends argue over something so simple before gently catching their attention.

"So girls, can you show our new classmate around the school?".

"Of course teacher, leave it to us." They nodded vigorously. "Cutie Mark Crusaders school tour, Yaaaay!" Shouted the trio before jumping up and bumping their hooves in the air.

"Come on Clear Spark, we have a lot to show you." Scootaloo said as she pushed the still nervous colt towards the schoolyard."

The trio closed the door and finally, Chrysalis and teacher Cheerilee were alone so they could talk more quietly.

"Will he be all right?" The queen asked.

"Perfectly, now what would you like to discuss?." Replied the teacher.

Now being alone with the pony, Chrysalis could use her best weapons, she slowly stood up from her seat and approached the teacher with a serious look, trying to impose her presence as much as possible, and turning on her horn added a better effect to the image she wished to create."

"Professor Cheerilee, you know I would hate to have to do all that paperwork, I want my little one to have the best education possible and..." Chrysalis with her magic cast a quick spell to remove some of the lights in the room, produce some scary noises and shake the place a bit. "...I don't like the idea of you getting in the way."

Chrysalis had a sinister grimace, she wanted to intimidate the teacher and she was succeeding, Cheerilee slowly removed her smile and changed it to a much more serious face, the queen was getting what she wanted, in seconds the pony would break and agree to her request.

"Do you agree with me, teacher?."

"No." Cheerilee replied nonchalantly.

Chrysalis was surprised by the answer opening her pupils and causing her magic to pop like a balloon. "Wh-what-what thing did you say?."

"I said no, I know what you're trying to do but I'm not going to overlook you not doing your paperwork, I'm a responsible mare and I can accept little Clear Spark in my class as a listener until you manage to get them all."

The seriousness with which the teacher spoke left no room where the queen could work.

"But-but how come you're not intimidated, why aren't you afraid, I'm the best at that?" Chrysalis asked still surprised.

"I'm a teacher, handling annoying parents is half my job." Cheerilee replied without changing her gaze.

"I understand, then I'll have to raise the stakes."

Chrysalis used a smile again as she walked around the desk and got closer and closer to the teacher until she was located inches away from her, finally she dropped her costume showing her true form, the form of the original and only queen of the changelings, one of the worst villains in all of Equestria, with a malicious grimace and turning on her horn she brought her face closer to the teacher's until she almost touched it, showing her teeth along with her red and long tongue, ready to absorb her love.

"So, what do you think now?" Asked the queen breathing on Cheerilee's face, who only turned her head and raised an eyebrow.

"I assume it's going to take longer than I had intended?, because I can give you more time, but I'm going to need those papers."

The fearful image the queen wanted to impose on the little pony was popped like a balloon a second time, startling her a second time and leaving her speechless a second time.

"Bu-b-but how can you not be afraid, I am Chrysalis, the queen of the changelings, you should be terrified on the ground, begging me for your life, how is this possible?". Asked the queen in awe of the stoic pony in front of her, even the princesses themselves feared her power.

"I told you, I am a teacher working in Ponyville, and this..." Cheerilee said pointing at everything around her but nothing in particular. "...This is just another day in my life, a slow one to be true."

"Hmmm!." Chrysalis scratched her chin in thought, scaring the teacher wouldn't do any good, and taking her away wouldn't be a long-term solution either, she needed another approach, maybe targeting her more sensitive threads would help.

"In that case, I'll use another strategy on you."

"Go ahead, let's see what you have to offer to change my mind."

Chrysalis walked to sit on a stool but seeing that she was much bigger, she preferred to sit on the floor in front of the teacher.

"I need your help." Said the queen calmly.

"Go ahead." Cheerilee replied.

Chrysalis sighed deeply and from a small bag she had on her back under her wings she took out a couple of scrolls and passed one in specific to Cheerilee, who took it with her hoof to see its content.

____________________________________________________________
To whom it may concern

It has cost me a lot to make this decision but I think it is the best for everyone, I am sorry for the situation in which you are now, but I can't stand it anymore...
____________________________________________________________
And as the teacher read the letter, Chrysalis began to tell her story.

"A little over a year ago after the failed attack on Canterlot, I was in the forest and saw little Clear Spark, all alone..."

Cheerilee was shocked by the queen's story, her face reflected no lies, and the letter along with the medical diagnosis and the medicines Chrysalis had bought for Clear Spark, could not put in doubt that the queen's story was true, she had heard of mothers who cared little for their children, but never of one who would rather abandon him in a forest to his fate than take him to an orphanage or foster care.

"Does anyone else know about this?" Cheerilee asked.

"Only the changelings in my hives and you, I haven't dared to tell my little Spark either, I don't know how to tell him that his birth mother doesn't love him, I can't do that to him."

"I understand." Cheerilee thought for a moment in silence. "But I'm afraid I can't help you with the papers Clear Spark needs to study."

Chrysalis looked down in disappointment, she had no other options to give her beloved little one a quality education, perhaps a special tutor at the hive would do, but she would have to fillynap another pony for that.

"But I know someone who could."

Chrysalis raised her head and looked directly at Cheerilee with a giant smile, the teacher nodded softly.

"An ex-boyfriend of mine has a job... not very legal and I still have contact with him, he could get Clear Spark and your birth and parentage certificates, and he could make it on paper that you are the mother of the little one, it won't be completely legal, but it will be more than enough for what we need."

Chrysalis nodded her head and couldn't help but flutter with excitement.

"The medical certificate you can easily ask for it at the hospital, and the residency certificate you can get when you buy your house, for my part, I can do a simple oral exam to Clear Spark to see his level of education and do the certificate the same day, but remember I'm going to do this for Clear Spark, not for you."

"That's fine by me, I really appreciate it."

"Then show it like you say you will, take care of that little one the way he deserves, give him the love his mother didn't want to give him."

"I will, I will be the mother he needs, but first I need a place to live." Replied the queen walking over to the window to watch her little foal talk animatedly with the rest of the students.

"I think I know just the place." Cheerilee commented, approaching the queen. "It's a bit out of town, but it's nice and quiet with few neighbors."

Author's Note:

Chrysalis in case you haven't noticed is not very rational when it comes to Clear Spark, she is very impulsive and a bit obsessive about the little unicorn, she cares about him, but she doesn't always make the best decisions. :unsuresweetie:

PreviousChapters Next