• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 20,340 Views, 510 Comments

Suddenly, a Filly! - Pomfiance



Twilight woke up and found out she's turned back into a filly.

  • ...
30
 510
 20,340

A Day With Her Friends (Part 1)

*~~~~~*

It had taken a while, but after searching most of Ponyville, Twilight and the others found Spike hiding out behind the library. After Twilight coaxed him out and convinced him that he wasn’t in trouble, they all went inside to help Twilight with her schedule. With a bit of discussion they decided to have Fluttershy watch her first, while Pinkie Pie insisted on caring for her next, that being her day off. When they finally finished planning, they left Twilight to get things sorted out in the library before she left. After an uneventful night, Twilight was anxiously waiting by the door the next day, waiting for Fluttershy to arrive.

“Spike, you’re sure that you’ll be Ok taking care of the library while I’m gone?” Twilight called.

Spike looked out from the kitchen and rolled his eyes irritably. “For the last time Twilight, yes! Seriously, what else do I do around here?”

Sighing, Twilight looked down and shuffled her hooves. “I know Spike, I’m just a little anxious-”

“About me taking care of everything by myself,” Spike finished as he walked over to Twilight with his arms folded, getting a bit huffy. “We went over this with the girls.” He narrowed his eyes. “Don’t you trust me?”

Twilight’s eyes widened and she tried to backtrack. “Nonononono, I didn’t mean it like that, I pwomise!” she said waving her hooves frantically.

Spike hid his smirk behind his claw and snickered out, “Do you Pinkie pwomise?” Twilight frowned as he snickered, and was about to lecture him about diction, when a timid, but firm voice spoke from behind.

“Now Spike, what did we say about making fun of Twilight?”

Spike’s snickering immediately stopped and his pupils shrunk to pinpricks, looking over Twilight’s shoulder. “Oh, w-well look at my wrist, I need to go take my gems out of the oven!” He stuttered out before running back into the kitchen.

Twilight turned around and grinned. “Hi Fluttershy!” She said, hugging her foreleg. Fluttershy returned the embrace with a smile. “Hello Twilight! Did you get everything ready?”

“Yup!” Twilight chirped with a nod. She looked back over her shoulder and called, “Bye Spike!” before following Fluttershy outside.

They passed through town strangely without seeing anypony, not that Twilight was looking over her shoulder constantly to make sure or anything. After they passed the city limits, and Twilight was sure they were out of view; she turned to Fluttershy with a smile. “What are we going to be doing exactly?”

Fluttershy looked ahead as she thought for a moment. “Oh um, we’re just going to feed my animals, then have a small picnic that Mr. Bear set up for us.” She looked back at Twilight suddenly with a sheepish look on her face. “If that’s Ok with you,” she added quietly.

Twilight smiled brightly. “Of course that’s Ok Fluttershy!”

When they got to her cottage, the door suddenly opened and there stood Angel Bunny, staring angrily at Fluttershy. He pointed to Twilight and then back to himself, then irritably hopped back inside. Twilight looked back to Fluttershy in confusion. “Did I do something wrong?” she asked, tilting her head.

Fluttershy frowned and shook her head. “No, Angel just gets very jealous.”

When they walked in, the house was already buzzing with life. Birds were sitting on perches and singing, while squirrels and mice scampered around.

Twilight trotted over to the center of the room and turned to Fluttershy with a determined smile. “Ok Fluttershy, who do we feed first?” she asked.

Fluttershy gave her some acorns and pointed to a group of squirrels. Twilight studied them in her hoof for a second. “So I just give it to them right?” she asked. After Fluttershy nodded, Twilight turned back to the squirrels with a determined look and slowly made her way towards them. Stopping a few feet from them, she smiled nervously at them, and held the acorns out. They looked from her to the acorns before jumping over, grabbing their spoils with squeaks of appreciation, then scampering off.

The rest day went by with both Fluttershy and Twilight handing lunches to the critters, receiving squeaks and tweets of gratitude. All except for one anyway.

“Ow!” Twilight shouted, whirling around to find Angel hopping to Fluttershy, giving Twilight a smug look.

Rubbing her head where the carrot hit, she picked the carrot up and walked over to the front door where Fluttershy was giving Angel another carrot.

“Fluttershy, I don’t think Angel likes me very much. He hit me with his carrot!” Twilight complained with a pout, dropping the carrot at her feet.

Fluttershy gave Angel a stern look. “Angel we talked about this last week. You do not throw food at other ponies!” she said in a firm voice.

He gave her a ‘yeah right’ look, and hopped away, munching on his carrot.

Fluttershy sighed in Angel’s direction before turning to Twilight, giving her an apologetic look. “I’m really sorry about him. He’s always cranky when other ponies are around.” She said with a shuffle of her hoofs.

Twilight smiled in understanding before look around. “Well either way, that seems to be all of them,” she commented watching all the critters enjoy their meals.

“Oh my!!”

Twilight nearly flew with the birds in surprise. “What?! What!?”

“Oh Twilight, I almost forgot! We need to feed my reptile and amphibious friends too.” She said, looking outside worriedly.

Twilight stopped at the entrance when she heard what they needed to feed, her eyes widening. “Reptiles?” she said with a hint of nervousness in her voice. “That includes snakes right?” Twilight gulped. “I-I don’t think I can do that.” She said, backing her way into the cottage. “As much as I love helping with the animals, I think I’m gonna sit this one out.”

Fluttershy looked at her in concern. “Will you be fine here by yourself?” Twilight nodded hastily, jumping at the chance to avoid getting near snakes. Fluttershy looked at her for a moment before nodding at her. “Ok, I’ll try to be back as fast as I can,” she assured her before trotting away.

Twilight shut the door behind her and then went to see if she could try to talk to Angel without being a target. She was met with the carrot she left for him, sailing just above her head. After staring down Angel for a few minutes to make sure he didn’t throw anything else at her, Twilight heard a knocking from the front door. I wonder who that could be. Trotting her way over to the entrance, she opened the door to see Rainbow Dash, who was nothing less than surprised. “Twi? What are you doing here? Where’s Fluttershy?” she said, peering past Twilight into the cottage.

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Do you remember anything that we went over yesterday, or did you forget after falling asleep?”

Rainbow only gave her a look.

Sighing, Twilight explained where Fluttershy was and why she was there, receiving an ‘Oh right, I knew that!’ from Rainbow.

Twilight narrowed her eyes. “So why are you here?”

Rainbow waved her hoof offhandedly. “Just some awesome stuff.”

This time it was Twilight’s turn to stare.

“Fine,” Rainbow conceded after a few moments. “Fluttershy usually watches me try out some new tricks every week,” she stated nonchalantly looking at her hoofs, “and-”

Twilight’s eyes lit up. “Oh, oh can I watch?!” she pleaded, jumping up and down with a bubble of excitement and a big grin on her face.

Rainbow rubbed the back of her head, averting her eyes with a small frown. “I don’t know…” she started, looking back at Twilight before being stopped by an old enemy.

The puppy dog eyes.

Rainbow didn’t stand a chance. “Fine.” She said, rolling her eyes with a fond smile.

“Yay!” Twilight shouted happily before running inside.

Rainbow peered inside the cottage, confused. “What are you doing now?” Rainbow called out to her.

“I’m writing a note to Fluttershy, so when she comes back and gets worried that I’m not there, she won’t panic too much.” Twilight called back from the inside. Coming back out, she pinned the note on the door and turned to face Rainbow Dash. “Ready!” she smiled.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Come on egghead,” she said as she started walking, an excited filly in tow.

The walk to the clearing was fairly short, with both not having much to say. When they arrived, Rainbow showed her where Fluttershy usually sat. Once Twilight got settled, Rainbow took off, warming up with her usual tricks and loops. When Twilight’s excited cheering reached her ears, she smirked and started to do more difficult tricks, trying to do tricks worthy of cheering, doing all but the sonic rainboom.

“You've gotten so much better!” Twilight remarked when Rainbow finally came down. "It looks so cool from down here."

Embarrassed but clearly pleased, Rainbow puffed out her chest and flared her wings. “It was pretty cool.” She looked up to the sky and came up with an awesome idea. “You wanna try and see it first hoof?”

Twilight was stunned for a moment before looking like she might burst. “You mean fly with you? Can you do that?”

Rainbow nodded and gave her trademark grin, then bent down for Twilight to jump onto her back, letting her lying down between her wings. “Hold on tight!” Rainbow warned, barely giving Twilight a second to grab onto her neck before she kicked off, the wind clawing through their manes as Rainbow flew higher and higher, the sparse clouds whipping past them like falling stones.

“Better get ready!” Rainbow shouted. Though Twilight barely heard her, she tightened her grip on Rainbow’s neck and squeezed her eyes shut as they started to go faster. Leveling out after a while, Rainbow called back, “C’mon Twilight, open your eyes, you’re going to miss it! I know you have them closed right now!” she said as they slowed down to a hover. It was then Twilight slowly opened her eyes and let out a gasp to rival Pinkie Pie’s. The view Rainbow had gotten them to was breathtaking. The sun was sinking into the horizon; casting an array of orange, red, and pink glows to a few stray clouds, making the world below it look almost dreamlike.

Twilight slowly sat up straighter as she took in the scene with wide and amazed eyes before finding her voice again. “This! Is! So! Awesome!” Twilight shouted, throwing her hooves in the air with an ecstatic laugh.

Rainbow turned her head with a smirk. “Couldn’t have said it better myself.” Slowly, she descended, touching the ground right when the sun completely disappeared.

Twilight looked around for a moment before snuggling into Rainbow's mane.

"Um, what are you doing?" Rainbow asked with a small blush on her face, trying to look back at Twilight.

Twilight's grip tightened. "I'm, uh, tired! Yea, and I can't walk yet. So I'm gonna stay here."

"Really?" Rainbow asked. She felt Twilight nod.

Sighing, Rainbow made her way back to Fluttershy’s cottage, careful not to shake her passenger. Just like the trip before, the walk back to the cottage was silent for the most part. When it came into view, Rainbow saw Fluttershy walking in and out of the door, as if debating if she should leave or not. Rolling her eyes at her overly protective friend, Rainbow continued to make her way towards her. When Fluttershy saw the pair, she looked as if she almost passed out with relief.

“Thank goodness you’re back! I was about to go looking for you two,” Fluttershy exclaimed, fluttering over to the two.

Hearing Fluttershy’s voice, Twilight popped her head out from Rainbow’s mane with an apologetic look and jumped onto the ground in front of Fluttershy. “We sorta lost track of time.” She said sheepishly, shuffling her hooves.

When Fluttershy turned to Rainbow Dash with a stern glare, Rainbow shrank back a little. “Uh, yea sorry ‘shy,” she said with an equally sheepish grin.

Fluttershy’s glare softened. “It’s Ok you two, just as long as you’re safe.” She added with a smile.

“Of course!” Rainbow said with a confident look, until her stomach growled. “Ehehe,” she chuckled, a small blush coming to her cheeks.

“Oh, would you like to come in and eat?” Fluttershy asked politely. “I’ve made plenty of food.”

“Yea Rainbow, come eat-” Twilight started before her stomach growled too.

“Oh, you poor thing! You must be starving!” Fluttershy exclaimed, scooping her up and carrying her inside to the kitchen, instantly forgetting Rainbow outside. “Hey! What about me?” Rainbow Dash shouted indignantly from the door before giving up and sighing, following them to the kitchen.

As they ate, Twilight told Fluttershy all about Rainbow’s cool tricks and how awesome flying was after. When Fluttershy asked the mare herself, she just shrugged and kept eating. After they finished, Fluttershy shooed them both to the living room while she did the dishes. They both sat on opposite ends of the couch, Rainbow nodding off, and Twilight giggling at the bobbing mare. Soon after, Fluttershy trotted over to the two and turned to Rainbow.

“Would you mind watching Twilight while I take care of the nocturnal animals? It will probably take all night, and I don’t want to leave Twilight alone again. I already have beds set up for you both.” She said in a slight hurry.

Rainbow snapped out of the daze and looked at her in confusion. “Wha?”

“Yay! A sleepover!” Twilight shouted joyfully, jumping over to Rainbow.

“Thanks Rainbow,” Fluttershy said with a grin while she walked away.

“Wait, I didn’t agree to this!” Rainbow frantically called to her retreating figure, but it was too late; the mare had already closed the door behind her.

“What do you want to do first?” Twilight asked with an excited gleam in her eyes.

Rainbow looked over at her before yawning in reply.

“Aww c’mon!” Twilight complained, dropping her smile and throwing her hooves in the air.

“Alright, alright, I was just messin’ with ya.” She rolled her eyes, poking Twilight’s side.

“Eep!” Twilight exclaimed before unconsciously retreating a bit further into the couch.

Rainbow froze, before giving Twilight a sinister grin. “Twilight Sparkle, are you ticklish?” she asked with a bit of teasing in her tone. Twilight blushed and rapidly shook her head with wide eyes, pulling a couch pillow over her stomach. Rainbow Dash, however, didn’t look convinced. “Oh really? Then you wouldn’t mind if I did… This!” Rainbow suddenly lunged forward, jabbing at Twilight’s exposed sides.

“N-no! Ha-ha, c-cut it out!” Twilight gasped out, squirming off of the couch. Rainbow dove after her, barely giving her a moments rest before attacking again. After a few minutes of nonstop tickle terror, Twilight could take no more. “I s-surrender! N-no m-more!” Twilight wheezed in-between fits of giggles. Rainbow gave one last poke before going over to lie down on her makeshift bed, hoofs behind her head and a trace of a small smile still on her face. Twilight made her way to hers and plopped down, exhaustion threatening to take her. Rainbow looked thoughtful for a minute or two before looking over at Twilight with a nervous expression.

“Hey Twi, can I ask you something?”

Twilight looked over to where Rainbow was lying in confusion. “Sure, I guess.”

Rainbow seemed to struggle with her next words. “Have you ever had a sister?” she finally asked.

“A Sister?” Twilight looked at her quizzically, not expecting that in the least. “No, why?”

Rainbow rolled around but couldn’t bring herself to face her. “I was kinda wondering……maybe if…..I could be…”

Twilight leaned forward, straining to hear in vain. “I’m sorry, I thought I was talking to Rainbow Dash, not Fluttershy,” she teased with a smile.

Rainbow folded her ears back in embarrassment with a pout, but tried again. “It’s just, I’ve never had a sister before, and I was kinda thinking that if you want I could be yours, ‘cause I know you’d-”she got out before being cut off by a purple missile.

Twilight hugged Rainbow tightly and snuggled into her side and sighed. “I’ve always wanted a big sister,” she murmured before the day events finally caught up with her, her eyes closing as she fell asleep. Rainbow blinked at her then glanced around to make sure Fluttershy was still gone before looking back to Twilight. With a gentle smile, she nuzzled Twilight back and softly whispered, “You‘d be an awesome one.”

Curling around Twilight, Rainbow put her head down and soon started to snore softly, breathing in rhythm with her new little sister. It was some time later when Fluttershy came in and quietly put a small blanket over the two and gave them both a kiss on the forehead.

“Goodnight.” She whispered, closing the door softly behind her.

*~~~~~*

Author's Note:

Well then... I've taken a while, but I got this up just for you! Hopefully I can get the next part up in less than 2 months...

SO, come at me with all of the mistakes, so that I can't possibly fail English 4 this six weeks! And see how many references for the show you can find (WIth one other reference), I feel like I put a lot of those...