• Published 4th Dec 2022
  • 587 Views, 4 Comments

'Twas the Night of Rarijack - kleec13



It's winter break and Pinkie Pie planned a sleepover/Christmas party for her friends. But sometimes, things don't go exactly according to plan.

  • ...
 4
 587

The Morning After

Applejack’s phone buzzed the next morning.

“I’m awake and would love to check in if you and the others are willing!”

“Of course! I’ll let them know.”

“Alright, friends. She’s ready!” Applejack said. The friends gathered around Pinkie Pie’s computer. Though they had agreed with no cam on Rarity’s end, Rarity quickly answered the call.

“Rarity! Hello!” Applejack said.

“Hello girls. Glad this could work out. I miss you all!”

“Are you feeling better this morning?” Twilight asked.

“A bit. I slept for 10 hours,” Rarity said.

"Well, good!" Applejack said. "Have you gotten a chance to try the pencils yet?"

"A little! Here, let me show you."

Rarity pointed her camera at a drawing. It was a drawing of herself in front of a sunset at the beach. She had a photoshoot there the previous summer. She was in a black jumpsuit along with gloves, heels, and a nice cape to complete the outfit. All were bedazzled with splashes of rhinestones.

“Being in bed made me think of all the self portraits Frida Kahlo made when she wasn’t well,” Rarity explained. “And I loved this outfit, if I do say so myself.”

“Looks good!” Twilight complimented.

“And how were Applejack’s pencils?” Fluttershy asked.

“Amazing!” Rarity said. “Some smearing is inevitable, but Applejack was right that they were good for lefties.”

Applejack gave her friend a wink and a thumbs up from behind the computer chair.

"But yes, that's how I've been,” Rarity continued. “What have you girls been up to? Much more exciting things, I imagine."

"We saved some cookies for you," Sunset said, holding up the bag with snowflake and diamond shaped sugar cookies. “Made them diamond shaped especially with you in mind!”

“Oh, how nice! I look forward to having them. Have you been enjoying your Secret Santa gifts as well?”

“Ah, let’s go get them. One moment!” Pinkie said, turning off the camera.

Pinkie Pie found a plush that looked exactly like Winona for Applejack. Applejack wasn’t normally a stuffed animal kind of person, but she couldn’t blame Pinkie Pie for thinking of her when she came across it.

Sunset got Rainbow Dash a couple issues of a sports magazine. Rainbow Dash didn’t enjoy reading much outside of Daring Do, but Sunset knew that her friend much preferred visuals to go with her material.

Fluttershy got Sunset a sweatshirt from her shelter’s merchandise collection. She had remembered Sunset eyeing it and thought the particular color would suit her red and yellow hair nicely.

Rainbow Dash got Pinkie Pie a tin made for popovers so she wouldn't need to use muffin tins. Rainbow remembered reading about the special tins Pinkie would enjoy to make her great popovers even better.

Twilight got Fluttershy a new carrier for Angel Bunny. It was similar to a cat condo with a space to look out, but Twilight had found one for small rodents.

And finally, Rarity got Twilight a new case for her glasses. Rarity figured Twilight had a case already, but having an extra lying around wouldn’t hurt. And in typical Rarity fashion, she made sure it was the most beautiful glasses case that ever existed.

“How wonderful!” Rarity remarked. “I didn’t go too far with decorating your glasses case did I, Twilight?”

“No, not at all! Your ability to make ordinary objects like this so fancy and beautiful is amazing.”

“Good, I’m glad. Secret Santa is always so much fun! What else do you have planned today?” Rarity asked.

"We're going to go sledding at Windom Park after this call before we part ways,” Sunset said.

"Ah, Windom,” Rarity remarked. “Sweetie Belle and I used to go there all the time.”

“Sorry you’ll miss it,” Rainbow said. “But hey, we know what to do when you’re 100% better, right?”

“Absolutely,” Rarity said, giving a smile and nod of approval. “Well, I suppose you want to get to that so you can get home at a reasonable time. Don’t be strangers the rest of break, okay?”

“Bye Rarity!!”

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading! Happy, Happy Holidays!!!!

Comments ( 3 )

That was super cute! Perfect length for a quick, fluffy one-off, and no added drama nonsense! (Though we all enjoy our fair share of it)

11441373
Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :raritywink:

I'm sorry I slept on this so long, legitimately got lost in my tabs. Just a nice, refreshing little piece of fluff, and I like it. I just wish there was more as it is very open ended. It was an implied ship that isn't resolved, but that's not really necessary. It really just needs a more emotional payoff. Still good though, so thanks.

Login or register to comment