• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 2,262 Views, 81 Comments

Redemption - BillyGoatHicks511



Everyday, she woke up feeling sadness. Today, she woke up in a hospital. This is a story of identity

  • ...
10
 81
 2,262

hypnotize

As the train politely rocked back and forth on the tracks, Gilda was given an immediate and somewhat expected sense of déjà vu. After all, she was coming full circle. Her great adventure began 4 months ago on a train, and by the celestial gods as her witness, it would end on a train. All she had to do was go into Dr. so and so’s hypnosis room or whatever, and when it was all said and done, she could look Twilight in the eye and say “You’re wrong.” The satisfactory feeling that she was getting in the pit of her stomach only increased her devotion to the cause. The sooner this junk was over, the better.

Beside her was Fluttershy. The element of kindness really had no bounds. Knowing that not only would she have to console Gilda in her anger, but also comfort Twilight in her grief, made the pony almost insane. But, there was hope. Fluttershy, like Gilda, was just happy to finally have resolution over this whole ordeal. And, as an added bonus, she would finally get to see her friend and apologize for the events which led up to this moment. She had debated over whether or not this was the right thing to do (on one hand Twilight had gone nuts but on the other hand the mane 6 were all very rude), but she felt certain after Discord gave her one important piece of advice. “Follow your heart darling. It’s never steered you wrong yet.”

And so, that’s what Fluttershy was following at the moment. Gilda however was following a path. This path was built out of the need for redemption and the eagerness for serenity. That path, however, was about to take a wild left turn. No pony would ever forget this day. And no pony, besides Twilight, Fluttershy, and Gilda, would hear about it.

About half an hour later, Gilda and Fluttershy found themselves outside the waiting room of the doctor’s office. The place was nice. It had a simple warm yet very stale atmosphere mostly attributed to other waiting rooms. There were anonymous paintings on the wall that Gilda knew if she were an art major, she could’ve easily identified the artist. Besides her and her yellow friend, there were only 3 ponies in the waiting room, all trying to find ways to occupy their time. One read a magazine. One listened to his IHoof. The other Gilda could not recall. These ponies were mostly faces; never to be remembered for personality, only to be recalled by quantity.

After what felt like an eternity, the door to the office finally opened. A white mare with a puffy yellow mane came out and read off her clipboard, “Gilda Griffon?”

Gilda got up and Fluttershy quickly followed behind her. They were lead down a series of nameless numbered rooms and insignificant hallways before finally coming upon the door they were suppose to enter. For a brief second, Gilda prepared herself for what she was about to see. The door opened, and Gilda’s mind took in the entire scene as she scoped the room from end to end.

The room was on one of the wings of the hospital, so if had the advantage of being a bit larger in size than most rooms. The entrance door was located on the far right side. Behind the door was a coat rack and across the coat rack was a potted plant. There was mostly bare space and carpet before Gilda got to the desk at the end of the left side of the hallway. Behind the throne was a glass window overlooking the Manehatten cityscape. It was beautiful. To the left of the desk was a large couch, obviously for Gilda, and directly in front of the desk, were two office chairs.

The room was currently occupied by two occupants. One was the Dr (who was a white mare with a dark red mane) and the other swiveled around in her wheel-chair, in a very supervillain-esque fashion, to flash a smile towards Gilda.

“Hello there Gilda,” Twilight remarked. Then she looked over Gilda’s shoulder. “Hello Fluttershy.” Then she addressed the both of them. “The train ride was a long one, I assume.”

Gilda huffed under her breath. She hated small talk. But, considering how she was next to the element of freaking kindness, Gilda expected that she had to return the favor.

“It was supposed to be a 2 hour train ride. We got here 40 minutes earlier than expected.”

Twilight’s eyes flashed up in amazement. “Oh, well I guess time flies when one’s having fun.”

Gilda gritted her beak. Her talons clenched themselves in rage. This certainly wasn’t fun.

Twilight wheeled herself over to Fluttershy, who carried a basket in her teeth. Fluttershy accepted the hug that Twilight gave and when the purple unicorn asked what Fluttershy brought with her, the yellow Pegasus responded very politely as one would do when equipped with the element of kindness.

“Oh, it’s a little forgiveness basket I made for you. It’s filled with all sorts of treats that I hope you enjoy. I’m so sorry about what happened a month ago. We should’ve treated you better. No friend should’ve acted the way we did,” Fluttershy explained.

“Relax,” Twilight commented. “Besides, it’s your well-used advice that finally made me get off my rump and set this appointment.”

The lavender pony turned her head towards the white/red pony and stated, “Faust. This is the girl I wrote to you about.”

After finally finishing what she had to sign for whatever cause, the white pony got up and made her way over to Gilda. While she trotted, she stated, “Actually, your letter didn’t reach me as of yet. It was given to my secretary whom I approved the appointment with. In all honesty, I needed the extra-cash.” She held her hoof out, waiting for it to be bumped.

“Good evening, I’m Dr. Faust,” the white pony proclaimed.

Gilda bumped Faust’s hoof. “I’m Gilda.”

“Pleasure,” Faust nodded. Then, she exclaimed to all occupants, “Please sit. Make yourselves comfortable.”

As they sat down, Faust prepared herself coffee. Halfway through, she asked if anyone wanted some as well. The response was “no.” Finally, after preparing her cup of coffee, she sat down in an office chair, rolled herself in the middle of the room to get a good look at all three inhabitants, and asked, “So, what exactly seems to be the trouble?”

Twilight was about to explain, “Well you see doc….” But Gilda raised her talon in defiance.

“I believe the one who gets hypnotized should have the most say into what exactly is going on, don’t you?” Gilda said in a simple manner, with a slight hint of snarky intent.

Twilight lowered herself and Gilda began to speak.

“When I was about to graduate from the flight academy, me and a friend of mine got caught in a bad cart wreck. Apparently, I came to and brought her to a hospital, but I don’t remember doing so. On top of that, I told the doctors that I broke a wing but I don’t remember doing that either. All I remember was the crash, and the next thing I know, I woke up in the hospital bed. Twilight here suggests that I never broke my wing, and that I lied to the doctors.”

Twilight, filled with anxiety, immediately interrupted the conversation to ask, “Is that possible? I mean, is there such a way to go into autopilot and tell someone something that isn’t true?”

“Well it depends,” Dr. Faust commented. “Gilda, would you have any underlying motive on why you would want to tell the doctors you broke a bone?”

“I can’t see why not. That broken wing got me kicked out of stormball, and up to that point, sports were my life,” Gilda said. “Obviously, I have trouble remembering this crash so that’s why Twilight came to you.”

Dr. Faust shot the purple pony a smile and exclaimed, “Well, you came to the right place.” She rolled her chair over to her desk and grabbed some supplies. As she did this, she began to go into a typical doctor monologue, explaining the procedure and the reason for it.

“This autopilot state that Twilight was referring to is actually more common than you think. You see, typically after a very stressful event, our mind begins to slowly pick it apart piece by piece. Through dreams and simple subconscious therapy, in time, we are able to handle or come to terms with the situation. Sometimes, however, we witness something so catastrophic that it takes a while for our brain to readjust. When this happens, we black out, but our body is still physically working. The lights are on but nobody’s home, so to speak. And when this happens, we typically don’t remember what happened and or what we did when we black out. Thus, there lies the biggest problem within post-traumatic stress disorder and the reason the hypnosis has become so popular in treating it.”

Dr. Faust held out a golden pendent. As if almost by magic, Gilda’s eyes were gravitated towards it.

“You see, hypnosis is a hyper-aware state of consciousness. It’s where all the consciousness layers of our brain connect and the body responds supremely well to stimuli. Since all the layers of consciousness are synched in with each other, hypnosis allows one to explore their inner most darkest thoughts and defects. By using hypnosis this way, we can slowly draw ponies out of bad habits, slowly bring soldiers back home mentally from the war, and, in your case, we can help beings finally remember important moments in their life.”

“How long does it usually take for one to get hypnotized?” Gilda inquired.

“That’s the best part,” Dr. Faust remarked. “It all depends on the one we are hypnotizing. The more they want to be hypnotized, the more their body and mind allows them to succumb to the hypnosis process.”

Gilda flashed a cocky grin. “I certainly want this over with,” she exclaimed jokingly.

“Then let’s not waste time,” Twilight remarked.

“Ohh, I hope I don’t get hypnotized,” Fluttershy stated out of fear.

“You won’t get hypnotized if you look away,” Dr. Faust commented.

Fluttershy , while shaking, covered her eyes with her hooves.

“That will do,” the doctor remarked. Then, looking into Gilda’s eyes, she said, “Are you ready?”

Gilda nodded. It was time to end this game. Twilight had her laugh at the expense of others, and it was time for the laughter to stop. It was time for Gilda’s life to get back on track, and that would only happen if Gilda chose for this moment to be the end. This is the reason why she said yes.

The doctor held a pendent in one of her hoofs. “Alright. Here we go,” and with that, the pendent started to sweep back and forth.

Gilda had seen enough movies and television shows depicting hypnosis to know what to do. Immediately, her eyes began to follow the pendent. It was golden and shinny. It was certainly worthy of her attention. A few seconds into this, Gilda expected the doctor to go through the simple repertoire; “You’re getting sleepy,” and all that. But Gilda was caught somewhat off guard by what the doctor said. It wasn’t exactly what she expected to hear, and it certainly did its job.

“I want you to listen to my voice,” Dr. Faust commanded. Gilda’s ear subconsciously perked up. “It’s a soothing voice. It’s calm and tranquil. It reminds you of something very soothing.”

The last memory Gilda had before submitting herself to the hypnosis process was hearing herself saying out loud, “Like a summer breeze?” and then everything began to shrink.

“Yes,” the doctor commented. At this point all eyes were on Gilda. Fluttershy and Twilight could tell something was happening. Gilda’s eyes were beginning to look different. Her eyelids closed halfway and began to flutter as though they were heavy. Her pupils however dilated like she was in deep shock. The doctor recognized that the hypnosis was beginning to take control. “Whatever makes you feel calm, I want you to relate that calm feeling to the sound of my voice. My voice is the safest thing on the planet.”

Gilda’s eyes continued to follow the pendant swinging back and forth. Her mind however began to turn black. The only thing that came through was the doctor’s voice.

“Keep your eyes on the pendant. Now, when I count to three, I want you to fall asleep. I want you to simply tilt your head back and shut off your mind. When I clop my hooves the first time, you will be completely under the control of my voice. You answer all questions truthfully and honestly because my voice compels you to do so. Then, when I clop my hooves again, you will come back, with no memory of what you did. Nod your head if this is understood,” the doctor commanded.

Gilda, unaware of what was happening, tilted her head up and down in compliance.

Suddenly, she heard a CLOP and her whole world turned black. The clop didn’t even echo. One minute, she recalled…..wait a second. She couldn’t recall a thing. There was just blackness, darkness. Normally she would feel fear but….for some reason, this felt right; like she belonged in this place. Besides…..she felt that this was only temporary. Hopefully it was temporary.

Meanwhile, outside Gilda’s body, Twilight and Fluttershy watched as the Griffon’s head, which was tilted all the way back at this point, let out the most aggressive and powerful snores anypony had ever witnessed. Fluttershy had to stifle a laugh. It certainly was amusing on a premature level to see anyone snore super loudly. As the purple unicorn and yellow Pegasus watched Gilda in awe, the white earth pony grabbed the tape recorder and pressed record. Suddenly, she clopped her hooves again.

Inside Gilda’s head, it was still dark. Her body in the real world however, bolted up right violently. Fluttershy and Twilight gasped at this sudden action. What really terrified them were Gilda’s eyes. Although filled with color, they were blank and empty. They were vessels meant not to see, only to be. She breathed heavily, and this concerned the doctor.

“Relax your breathing and heart rate,” Faust explained.

Inside Gilda’s mind, she saw everything. The words painted themselves in an awe-inspiring white font across the black sky. She did as she was told, and her breathing went down. Besides….a voice that calming deserves to be listened to.

In the real world, Gilda began to calm down. After some time, Dr. Faust finally decided it was time to continue the procedure. First, she would start with a simple task. She would ask Gilda simple questions, and see if she would respond diligently.

“I want you to raise you arms up high. Stretch yourself out like you just got out of bed.”

In an almost cartoon-like fashion, the griffon began to stretch herself to an almost uncanny proportion. Fluttershy had to duck in order to make sure Gilda’s wings didn’t accidently strike her. A couple of bones popped but Gilda didn’t stop. She continued to stretch.

“Stop stretching and relax,” Faust told her.

Gilda did exactly as she was told.

“What color is the sky?” the doctor asked.

“….Blue,” Gilda finally responded. Her voice was hollow yet peaceful. It was comparable to the voice of a sleeping child talking while dreaming.

Dr. Faust felt like Gilda was ready to be given a scenario. The scene could be set and Gilda would answer honestly. But first, she would have to try a simple memory; something that wouldn’t cause pain or torment. Dr. Faust felt like she had to spitball an idea. Suddenly, inspiration struck.

“I want you to think back to the happiest moment of your childhood,” The doctor ordered. “What day did you feel that you were your most happiest as a kid? Why would it be considered the ‘greatest day of your childhood?'”

Gilda opened her beak. A small breath came out as though the memories were coming back. And in a sense they were. Inside Gilda’s head, the scenery began to form. Buildings and structures were forming spontaneously out of thin air. Light came through newly constructed windows as the light got colored. Chairs swung themselves into place around a dinner table that grew from the ground. Suddenly, Gilda found herself in her childhood home.

“I’m at home,” Gilda breathed out in real life. In her head, she saw two faceless figures leave through the front door. “My mom and dad are heading out for the summer……they’ve got some holiday they planned for themselves. “ The door slammed, and Gilda began to laugh. “They’ll be gone for the whole summer and they left the house to me.” In her head, she emerged from the ground and went to the freezer to grab a tub of Ice Cream. She was never allowed Ice Cream as a child, but during that summer, no one was there to stop her. “I suffered a belly-ache for three days after eating all the Ice cream; but in all honesty, it was totally worth it……it was the greatest summer of my life….” Gilda unconsciously smiled and a tear went down her eye.

Twilight looked at the doctor. Her face asked if it was time to move on with the procedure. The doctor confirmed this with a nod of her head. It was time.

“Keep that memory fresh,” the doctor stated. “It will be with you for the rest of your life. But for now, we’re going to go to a different memory. Is that understood?”

Like sand caught in the wind, the scenery vanished, and once again, Gilda found herself in blackness. “Duly noted,” she proclaimed.

“I want you to remember the night of your cart crash,” Doctor Faust asked. “Can you give me some background details? Walk me through the moments leading up to the crash.”

The landscape lit up inside her head. A great bon fire exploded and in her mind, she shielded herself from the heat she felt coming off it. In reality, she only flinched a little. Once she removed her wings from around her face to protect herself from the blast, she was in an entirely different world. The blackness had been replaced with the backdrop of a forest at night. There was a great big bonfire in the center, and multiple tents surrounded it. She saw several Pegasus lighting marshmallows over the flames. Many of the ponies simply danced. Couples were making out, and stumbling out of the darkness and towards center stage was none other than her friend; Rainbow Dash.

“It all began when Dashie came up to me at the party,” Gilda explained in her monotone, hypnotized voice. “I could tell by the way she was stumbling that she was drunk…..She asked me why I wasn’t enjoying myself….” The Gilda in her head looked down at a plastic cup, the contents of which were barely touched. “I wasn’t much of a partier those days. I was more in the ‘social outcasts’ group and not in the ‘popular kids’ group. Dash however….she had a way of making friend’s fast. That came naturally with her addiction to the sky and the need to go faster than anything else. So I thought this was my chance……I went with her to the party and started to fall back into my space; my natural ‘alone’ space……but leave it to Dashie to not leave me alone for more than three seconds…”

The subconscious set up what appeared to be a montage scene. In it, Rainbow Dash introduced her to her the new friend’s and the party continued. As to why this memory came out like a montage, Gilda explained in her hypnotized state, “I was given another chance thanks to Dashie, so I wasn’t going to mess this up. I started hanging out with other Pegasi. I ended up doing things…..that would be embarrassing and possibly illegal to talk about,” Gilda unconsciously smiled at this thought. “I kissed many stallions that night…..I think I’ve kissed a mare or two……I might’ve kissed Rainbow Dash….”

Fluttershy and Twilight’s head’s perked up when the words came to their ears. In her head, the montage continued. Just when Gilda finished her sentence about Rainbow Dash, another scene popped into play, confirming this notion. “Yep, I defiantly kissed Dashie….” Fluttershy and Twilight’s faces began to turn red.

“All in all, it was a fun night,” Gilda unconsciously uttered as her head cut to another scene. This scene was in motion. It had her and Rainbow Dash on top of a stage coach being pulled by a very lucrative stallion. “And we intended to let that fun continue all the way home.” In her vision, Rainbow Dash proclaimed “Go faster,” and the driver obliged. Gilda eventually gave in and order the driver to go faster as well. He, just like the last time, couldn’t resist two very attractive females asking him to go faster, and so, he did.

The cart began to bounce more violently than it did before. “We kept pressuring the driver to go faster and faster,” Gilda proclaimed in the real world. Suddenly, in her vision, the cart did a violent tumble and the driver began to drift to the side. The Gilda in her head had only a few moments to react. The last thing she did was she placed a seatbelt over Rainbow Dash. “Suddenly, he struck a tree.”

In her vision, the cart bounced forward, propelling Gilda into the forest. Trees whizzed past her head at light speed. Her vision started to shutter (like it does if someone were to blink really fast), and in the middle of the frame, was a tree. Long, sturdy, and defiantly heaving with pain, Gilda watched the tree become larger and larger. Then she heard a loud and painful SMACK, followed by a lifeless THUMP, and, just like her hypnotized self unconsciously explained out loud, “Then, everything went black.”

Silence filled the doctor’s office. Twilight leaned in. This was the moment of truth. What happened up to this point was just speculation. Proof, was about to be shoved into the daylight. The angst was killing the lavender pony.

Dr. Faust pushed her glasses closer to her eyes. She began to get thirsty. She too, was somewhat anxious about what was happening at this moment. Gulping, she asked the question that needed to be asked.

“……and then what happened?” Faust stated somewhat unsure.

The hypnotized Griffon stated, “The next thing I remembered was waking up in the hospit-…..wait…..where am I?.....am I on the ground?”

In her head, the griffon’s eyesight was blurry. She watched herself push herself up off the dirty ground, and wipe herself clean. She was confused. What was she doing on the ground? How did she get there?

“I’m not in a hospital,” Gilda explained somewhat stunned by this revelation. “I’m out in the middle of the woods.”

Twilight’s eyes widen in excitement.

In the hypno-dream, Gilda turned around and saw a strange sight. In the dark light of the moon, she saw the carriage. It was meshed and mangled up against a tree and the reins which lead to the driver were connected to another tree. But the driver was nowhere to be found.

“Apparently, I have survived this crash,” Gilda unconsciously said. “But what about Rainbow Dash?” In her vision, she began to run. As she went to carriage, a strange smell found itself inside Gilda’s nostrils. She turned her head towards the source of the smell, and began to gag, both in her vision and in the doctor’s office. “Oh sweet luna…..the driver’s dead…..his body……oh my…..I can’t focus on that….I got to find Dash.”

The Griffon immediately ran up to the passenger door of the carriage. She looked inside the window and saw her friend. Her heart dropped. Rainbow Dash’s head laid tilted at an odd angle and her mouth was opened slightly. Her eyes remained closed and Gilda could see the gash along her forehead and the dried blood under her nose.

There was moment of silence in both her hallucination and in real life. Gilda felt that it was too late. Dash was dead…..but then…..

On the window, something caught her attention. Was it fog? Why would fog on a window expand and then contrast? But it wasn’t Fog. Gilda breathed a sigh of relief. “It’s ok….she’s breathing.” Gilda announced. In her head, she laughed. “Everything’s going to be fine.”

Suddenly, SNAP!

In her vision, the loudest most wicked snapped echoed through the forest. Gilda had no clue where it came from and instinctively, she looked upwards towards the sky. Everything appeared to be normal. Aside from the awful noise nothing seemed out of place.

But right in front of her, she saw the source of the noise. It gave her a sick feeling in her stomach. “Oh no,” she announced out loud in the doctor’s office.

“What, what!” Twilight cried. Fluttershy meanwhile curled up into a ball on the couch. The suspense was breath taking. Even the doctor was reeled into the story.

“The tree,” Gilda proclaimed. “The tree that we hit…..it’s unstable.” In her head, she watched as the tree began to move slightly forward. Little by little, the tree gradually got faster. Base upon it’s angle, Gilda knew that she was in for trouble. Due to her fear, she screamed, “IT’S COMING RIGHT FOR US!”

In the office, Gilda’s physical body moved. She got up from the couch and started to run. But then, suddenly, she looked back towards the couch, and with her glassy hallow eyes, she stared. “But I cant’ leave Dash.” And with that, she ran towards the couch.

In her head, she grabbed the door of the carriage and began to pull. This was a predicament, for the carriage door, due to the crash, had wedged itself into an odd position which caused the door to be crunched shut. Opening the door, would mean tearing it off its hinges.

In reality, the hypnotized Gilda grabbed the side of the couch and began to tug. She was relentless and did not let up. Fluttershy gasped and hid her head under her wings. Gilda had become somewhat animalistic in her actions. She grunted and was working up a scream as she pulled on the couch violently.

Twilight whispered into the doctor’s ears with concern. “Should we stop this?”

Dr. Faust raised a hoof. “It’s ok. That couch is bolted into the wall. There’s no way she can-”

CRACK!

The doctor and Twilight jumped back as the left end of the couch broke away from the dry-wall. Fluttershy yelped and Gilda continued pulling.

In her head, she was far from done. She had only broken one of the door hinges with her bare talons and there was one more to go. The tree was advancing fast. Seconds became what seemed like years.

Suddenly, another CRACK emerged and the door of the carriage was thrown away into the woods.

In real life, the couch flew out from the walls and in an amazing spin move, Fluttershy and the couch were transported from one side of the office, to the other, pinning the doctor and Twilight snugly against the wall. Miraculously, no one was injured and nothing in the office was damaged.

Speaking of miraculous things, Gilda saved Rainbow Dash just in time. Jumping with the Pegasus in her arms, the tree in her vision crushed the carriage behind them and was rendered no more. Gilda and Rainbow Dash were safe. Gilda laid on her knees, breathing heavily, with Dash in her arms. She shook her and screamed “HEY!” hoping she would wake. Thankfully, she was still breathing.

In Dr. Faust’s office, Gilda stated. “Dash is ok……I save her….I’m ok too. We’re both uninjured.”

….that word might have as well just ended the world. Twilight’s face lit up with beauty and victorious ecstasy. She said it! SHE FINALLY SAID IT! After years of research, months of testing and a many days of self-doubt, GILDA FINALLY SAID IT! She was uninjured in that crash. Thus, she had never been injured before in her life.

The theory was now valid. Gilda was a superhero.

Although over for Twilight, the vision continued inside Gilda’s mind. In her vision, she heard a voice out in the distance cry, “hello?” she saw a small light emerge from over the hill top, and Gilda immediately recognized it was a lantern. “DOWN HERE!” she screamed.

The lantern shook as the pony holding it began to gallop towards Gilda and Rainbow Dash. When he got down there beside them, the first thing he noticed was the unconscious Dash.

“Is she ok?” the stallion asked.

“She’s unconscious but she’s breathing,” Gilda replied.

Then, the stallion gave Gilda an odd look and asked her, “Are you ok?”

That’s when Gilda found it. That’s when Gilda found her moment. After tonight, she realized that Rainbow Dash was practically the closes thing she had to a friend….heck….she was probably more than a friend. But this lifestyle with stormballl would tear them apart if both were in it. One had to put their flank on the line while the other had to assure the other that they were safe. One had to give it up.

Gilda decided that she would be the one to do so.

There was silence…..lots and lots of silence. Eventually, Dr. Faust asked Gilda whom was on the floor, “Gilda, Gilda….what’s happening?”

“…There’s a stallion asking me if I injured anything…..I told him I broke my wing….” Gilda responded.

Dr. Faust, confused, asked, “But you just said you didn’t injure a thing. Are you lying to the stallion?”

“Yes,” Gilda responded. “For Dash. It was always for Dash.”

Twilight cried. It was finally over. Looking towards Dr. Faust, she singled the white mare to end the hypnotism. The doctor, noticing this, looked back towards Gilda and clopped her hooves for the final time.

Gilda woke up on the ground. Something was off. The floor was covered with pieces of dry wall and the couch was on the wrong side of the room. The doctor and Twilight were behind the couch and Fluttershy looked like she had just seen a ghost.

“…What did I miss?” the Griffon asked.


For the rest of the day, Gilda was speechless.

She was speechless when she heard herself played back on the tape recorder, admitting that she was never injured in the crash, confirming the notion that Twilight was right.

She was speechless as she left Dr.Faust’s office, dazed and confused with every thought floating passed her head. Twilight spoke some words to her, but in her catatonic state, Gilda couldn’t quite make out what she said. But it didn’t matter, or so she thought.

She was speechless for the entire train ride back home. She was speechless when Fluttershy asked her repeatedly if she was ok. She was speechless when she arrived at Sweet Apple Acres. She was speechless when she went pass Apple Bloom, Applejack, and Big Macintosh, acting as though they didn’t even exist. She was speechless as she went up the stairs, and entered her room.

She was speechless when she collapsed on the bed, and finally broke down crying.

Her life, as she knew it, was over. Nothing would ever be the same again. And it was all going so well. She had a new boyfriend and new friends coming along, and now it was washed to the wayside with the prospect of her destiny being re-arranged. Why did this have to happen to her?

For the next 5 hours, she didn’t leave her room. She continuously cried and cried. It wasn’t a loud cry. It was a soft yet hard cry. It was the type of cry that contorts one’s face into hideous proportions as their eyes squint out the tears. Only one came to visit her, and that was Big Mac; whom she told that she needed space to work things out. When he asked what exactly happened, she proclaimed, “I don’t want to talk about it….ever…” and that was that.

After 5 hours, she left her room to finally get a glass of water. Crying makes one very thirsty. As she made her way from the kitchen to the stairs, Gilda’s mind continuously raced. Her destiny was to be….what? A superhero? What would she do? Whom could she save? She didn’t even have a…….costume.

There it was; hanging on the coat hanger to the side of the stairs. It was an extra-large poncho that Big Mac wore when working in the summer rains. Gilda tried it on one time and Big Mac laughed as he told her he didn’t like it on her because it hid her face.

Gilda threw on the poncho. She looked into the mirror……it felt right.

The sadness was dissipating with each step she took towards the door to leave the acres. When she was one step away, she finally remembered Twilight’s words from the doctor’s office. She recalled that she asked Twilight about what she needed to do now. The response was this.

“Go to ponies Gilda. Go to those who need you the most. It’s ok to be scared. This part that comes next isn’t diagramed in square boxes with pictures. What comes next is real. What comes next is dangerous. But most importantly, what comes next is what will save us all…..we all need a savior….and this is where she enters into our life’s, clothed in mystery and guided by honor and loyalty. Gilda, this is where you gain redemption.”

As she left Sweet Apple Acres that night, she planned on doing just that.

Author's Note:

Apologies again for the bad editing quality and the long overdue date. My music carear is really taking off. I'll be in a recording studio May 2-5 working on a big demo. There's the slight possibility that I'll be shootng a music video as well. But school work caught up with me along with several other real-life issues and my story kind of got pushed away. But I'm back, and I should have this story finished by the end of May. I gaurantee it.

with many regards,
BillyGoatHicks511.