• Published 8th Nov 2022
  • 111 Views, 0 Comments

Anxiety & Comfort - JoeTheBrony



Pear Jam has an anxiety attack, his partner, Aria Crown, comforts him, they go to Sugarcube Corner for some muffins from Pinkie Pie, and spend the night together.

  • ...
 0
 111

Chapter 3

Down at Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie was slouching behind the front desk, bored. There hadn’t been much activity at the bakery that day and it was a little too quiet for her personal liking.

Then, there was a knock at the door. Pinkie snapped to attention and sat up straight. “Come in!” she called cheerily.

Aria pushed the door open and walked in, with P.J glued to his side like a puppy.

Pinkie Pie, being the romance fanatic that she was, was extra happy to help couples with their orders.

“Heya, Aria! Hey there, P.J! What can I get you two lovely stallions today?” Pinkie said, smiling from ear to ear.

“A strawberry muffin for me please Pinkie, and a pear muffin for this one.”

Aria replied, playfully nudging P.J.

“He’s not feeling 100% so I thought a trip to Sugarcube Corner and something sweet would be a nice way to cheer him up a bit.” Aria nuzzled his partner gently.

“Oh? What happened?” Pinkie asked.

“I uh… had an anxiety attack…” P.J mumbled, not wating to bring too much attention to himself.

Pinkie Pie frowned, clearly sad that one of her friends was hurting.

“Aw, I’m so sorry to hear…” She leaned over the counter and took P.J’s hoof comfortingly into hers. “It’s okay, ya know. Your friends understand that’s just a part of who you are. Maybe a balloon ride would cheer you up?”

P.J smiled at Pinkie.

“It’s a sweet offer Pinkie, but no thanks. Not today, I just want to get my muffin and go…”

Pinkie smiled back and hugged P.J tightly over the counter.

“Ack… Pinkie! Can’t… breathe…” P.J exclaimed.

Pinkie let go. “Whoops, sorry!” She giggled before turning back to Aria, smiling at him.

“So one strawberry and one pear muffin! You got it!”

She beamed, before carefully picking out and packaging the muffins Aria requested.

“That’ll be a total of 10 bits, please!”

Aria pulled 10 bits out of his wallet and slid them across the counter to Pinkie Pie. “Thanks so much, Pinkie.”

“Of course! Have a wonderful day, you two!”

Pinkie Pie waved goodbye to the couple as they left the bakery and headed home.