• Member Since 28th May, 2012
  • offline last seen 5 hours ago

Peridork


Sometimes you lose yourself in your own narcissism. That's when you find out you might be the bad guy.

T
Source

This story is a sequel to Cardboard Castles


Zipp was used to odd things happening to her. She had grown up with her sister in Zephyr Heights and Pipp was a drama queen who made the simplest task an impossible hurdle. She helped out at the Brighthouse nearly every day with her friends and they were odd. Magic coming back to Equestria shouldn't phase her since she finally got to fly around and finally use her wings like she always dreamed of doing.

Magic coming back should be a net positive. But waking up as a batpony when you didn't expect to would ruin anypony's day. And that was before she realized that the yearly Zephyr Heights Spooktacular was today. This was not her day and, for once, she was understanding why Pipp worried about the smallest of setbacks.

Chapters (3)
Comments ( 12 )

"Bat Song intensifies"

Sorce for cover image?

11432331

Hover over the cover pic and click the source link it links to Derpibooru

Nice shoutout to “Carrie” and “Blade.”

The ending seemed to feel a bit random and uncertain, as if you weren’t quite sure how to wrap things up. Overall it was a fun story, though.

11432380

Honestly yeah, I'll admit that. The ending could have been cut down or edited again but I spent like the last week doing just that with the last third of chapter 3 and after a point it becomes- "Either I release this or I spend another month most likely tinkering away and probably making it worse"

And yeah I will say the whole Blade and Carrie homages were intentional.

11432394
I totally understand. If you’re going to keep writing you’ll get better at finding that closing note with practice.

Thanks again, this was fun!

Very nice story. Interesting premise weaved into actual events of the shows while expanding on them and the related characters. Quite a joy to read.

11432488

Oh an attempt was made. G5 is no G4, but there is promising ideas to use- trying to build something fun out of the movie, shorts, and the main show was kind of the plan.

Was difficult at points to find a good tonal balance because each separate piece of this gen veer so wildly in characterization and tone, but the creation process keeps being fun. And that’s the thing that keeps me going.

Ri2

Poor Misty.

Ri2

PIPP NO

So this was a lot of fun.
I enjoyed Misty here. And both princesses were the stars of the show. Lol pipp doing metal and dropping one beeped out cuss word was a good laugh. The mix of crazy music while there’s a big fight in the background made me think of some yakuza brawl going on. Sunny and Izzy were great fun for their moments.
Some great ideas in this and the whole bat pony thing was well executed. Having this as a monthly event would sure spice up life quite a lot.
I’m a little disappointed there was no hitch as I think him getting dragged on stage to help out singing could have been a thing. As it is, he’s in for hearing some mad stories.

When I got to the end, I kinda wanted to read a chapter 4. The ending just left me feeling we were due a next episode where misty would be sent out again with more tricks and mush it up again in the background to the main bat pone plot.
In saying that, It kinda has that feeling like a short episode and although it wraps up fast, I’m okay with that.

11434546

I don't think I will write a chapter 4- had ideas for it but it just never completely worked in planning. This was way more of a test to see if I could even write the two G5 princesses well at all cause I have the most issues with figuring out how they even sound like in my head. Especially Pipp cause Zipp is mostly there but Pipp and her interests and how she is written in the show, the movie, and the shorts all kind of make her a bit overbearing to write. Does that make her my least favorite G5 character? No, but she's a little harder to write than the others. And all because they made her a social media influencer lol.

Think of it as an episode of the show and it makes more sense. I wanted most of the story to kind of wrap up, probably better than it did to be honest, but the show itself sometimes uses episodes as ways to get to another story. And I never completely saw this as a one and done. Partially why it started as a one shot and by the time I finished chapter 1 I realized I definitely didn't have a one shot.

And not every episode in G5 has a definite ending or at least its a piece of a larger narrative (seriously like the cutaways to Misty and Opaline for much of the show episodes are building up to something) I mostly wanted a story to find my footing in this new G5 story set I have ideas for- cause I plan on coming back to this teen rated G5 stuff cause it is fun. Don't know when that will be but here's hoping it won't take another full year.

Login or register to comment