• Published 16th Aug 2022
  • 710 Views, 19 Comments

Old Friends - FoundFamily



Four new students transfer to CHS and Sci-Twi knows them. The Rainbooms are suspicious of them, thinking the worst, especially when Sci-Twi would rather spend time with them than the band.

  • ...
0
 19
 710

Catching Up

Outside a house, a group of five teens were gathered by a local café, watching as the truck began to fill with boxes.

“Still can’t believe that this is happening…” Thorax sighed into his drink.

“Yeah. I mean, I know it is a great opportunity…but it doesn’t ease the fact that we are not only leaving our home…’ Twilight felt tears build up as she addressed her friends. ‘But our little Chaos Quintet is gonna become a quartet.” She spoke.

“Hey, ease up.’ Tempest said with a smile. ‘You have an actual shot in this life. Don’t forget, you’re the smartest girl in our school and the fact that stuffy old geezer from Crystal Prep knows that and offered you a chance to make something of your life…you would have to be insane not to take it.” She said.

“TEmpest’s right. I mean, here is an opportunity to use that brain for something amazing and you don’t wanna take it?! You have to be insane.” Celano replied.

“I know. But, we’ve been friends since we were kids. We’ve played together and fought together. Just…I’m worried we may forget what we have if I move.”

“Hey, that won’t happen. You know the motto of Savage City.” Capper said with a smile.

The other four knew what he meant. Everyone in the city said it.

“Once a Savage Citizen, Always a Savage Citizen.” They said as they clinked their drinks.

“You know…’ Tempest said with a grin. ‘Since you ARE leaving, there is something we need to do as tradition.”

Soon the other four looked at her with blank stares…that then shifted with sly grins as well.

Looking down from the building they were on, all five smirked at the crowd that gathered.

“Well, since you are leaving, wanna do the honours?” Tempest asked.

“It’ll be my damn pleasure. Chaos Quintet?”

“LET’S CAUSE SOME CHAOS!” They yelled as they dove down.

Back to the present, the five reunited friends were now having some delicious smoothies as they chatted.

“Man, nothing beats a cold smoothie than having one with some old friends.” Twilight said with a smile.
“Hell yeah! I never thought I would see the day that our old group reunited after so long!” Capper said.

“Say, you know what would be good? Is…’ Thorax asked when a yip came from beside her.

Popping out was a purple dog with a green mane.

“SPIKE!” Thorax cheered as he hugged him as the dog lathered his tongue over the boy.

“I can see someone missed their best friend.” Celano said with a smirk.

“Anyways, what about you Twi? I mean, last we heard you were eager to start Crystal Prep but then you wound up ghosting us.” Capper had to ask but Twi paused before she sighed, placing her glass on the counter.

“Turns out, Crystal Prep wasn’t exactly the paradise I thought it was.” she grumbled.

This got their attention.

“It was extremely competitive! Everyone always wanted to reach number one, they were so arrogant that calling them peacocks would be an insult to them and I was pretty much a dartboard for always hitting the top!”

“You’re kidding.” Tempest asked.

“Yeah. And because I had to hide my roots back home, well…you can guess what happened.” She said in a slightly miserable tone.

“Damn…no wonder you ghosted us.” Celano spoke in realisation.

“Yeah. I apologise for that. I was dealing with that stone prison at the time.”

“No problem.”

Soon Thorax had to ask.

“So what happened next? You get therapy or something?”

“Nah, but after the Friendship Games…’ She was then cut off by snickers from Capper.

“I’m-I’m sorry but ‘Friendship Games’? Seriously? What, you go around singing Kumbaya or something?”

Twilight glared at him for the cheeky comment.
“Yes. Anyways, let’s just say, I had a mental breakdown and decided to transfer for greener pastures. Some of the students at CHS are actually some new friends of mine.”

“Really?” Now everyone was interested. Let’s see if they were as good as they say.

Twilight booted her phone and showed them a picture of them. All six were seventeen years old with different features.

The first was a redhead with yellow streaks, yellow king and aquamarine eyes, dressed in a teal T-shirt under a low-cut leather jacket with yellow stripes on the arms, blue jeans and heeled boots with an orange pendant around her neck, her arms were crossed as she smirked

“That’s Sunset Shimmer. From what I heard, she used to be a bully before she got her act together. It took a while but from what I hear, she is way more popular than ever.”

Next one had cyan skin, pink eyes and a rainbow coloured ponytail, dressed in a white T-shirt under a blue hoodie, black sweats and trainers with rainbow wristbands on her wrists plus a blue pendant around her neck as she crouched down with a fist raised and a cocky look on her face.

“Rainbow Dash. Top athlete of CHS and all around cocky smartass. But you can expect her to always be there for you, ride or die.”

Next was an elegant girl with white skin, blue eyes and curly, purple hair held by blue diamond hair clips. Her entire appearance showed she took care of herself, dressed in a blue dress with rhinestones, purple pants and heels with golden bracelets plus a purple pendant around her neck. She hand a hand under her chin as she looked ahead with a half-lidded stare and a tiny smile.

“Rarity is a fashion queen. Elegant and mature plus she is always generous.”

Fourth was a slightly muscular girl with golden skin, green eyes and a blonde ponytail plus freckles on her face, dressed in a green and white t-shirt with a red apple on the front, blue jean skirt and cowgirl boots plus a stetson on her head and a red pendant around her neck. One foot was cocked up as a hand was on her hip and another was tilting her hat back as she smiled.

“Applejack. Hard-worker and extremely honest to a fault. She is extremely reliable”

Next one had long, wavy pink hair, teal eyes and butterscotch skin, dressed in a teal sundress and pink heels, with a butterfly hairclip as she held a rabbit in her hand, looking shyly at the camera, wearing a pink pendant around her neck.

“The shy girl is Fluttershy. She loves animals and is extremely kind to anyone.”

The final was a girl with light pink skin, poofy pink hair and baby blue eyes, dressed in a white dress with three balloons on it, a ruffled pink skirt, white stockings and pink wedges as she leapt into the air with a happy smile.

“And Pinkie Pie. Always wanting to throw a party and to have fun. She can make you laugh easily. Just…don’t try to understand her.” She finished.

“Er…what do you…?” Thorax said

“Trust me.” Twilight interrupted.

“So, these girls helped you out?” Tempest said as they looked at the picture.

“Yeah. Without them, I would be stuck at that Academy as a lonely outcast.”

“I’m more interested in the pendants ya wearing. Where did you get them?” Capper asked.

Twilight touched the purple pendant around her neck.

“Let me give you four an early warning. CHS has become quite the hub of wackiness. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.”

“Twi, after what we went through a few years back, nothing will surprise us anymore. How wacky can it be?” Capper said.

Before Twilight could answer, a scream, shout and a gurgle roared out, catching their attention.

Twilight soon figured out what was happening.

“You’re about to find out.”

Author's Note:

Man has it been a long time for this story.

So yeah, you get a glimpse of Twilight's past in her old hometown and what Savage City is like. You may see some more soon but right now, Twi's old friends are about to witness Equestrian Magic coming to life.

Comments ( 6 )

Welcome back again. And it was a nice update.

Wonder how they react that Spike is now sapient?

11716301
That will be in the next chaoter

Yay! It’s back!

Oh, they're in for a ride.

Nice to see it continue

Login or register to comment