• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 1,419 Views, 29 Comments

Blind Melody - Neon Shine



When life gives another chance to relive it, but it includes being in a new world, will you accept?

  • ...
5
 29
 1,419

Chapter 3 Bonds

Chapter 3:
Bonds

Before the crash, there were actually three spheres of light, the two were the Hogwills, while the other is the man with the large bag. At the edge of a forest, a cottage sits on top of a hill and surrounded with different kinds of bird houses. Behind the cottage, two friends are doing their daily activities. One is tending the animals, a woman with pink hair which is covering part of her face. The other is sleeping on a tree branch with a pillow on her head who also has rainbow colored hair.

It's a cloudless day to be outside, the two girls are just happily enjoying their thing. Then, a ball of light came to view, crashing on the trees of the forest and startling the animals and the girls. The rainbow colored girl bravely investigates the crash site and the other is cowering behind a chicken coop.

the brave one saw a black figure at the center of the small crater that shaped a man and a large bag beside him. She slowly investigates further, he is not moving, but breathing.

"Hey, Fluttershy! someone needs help over here!" she called out to the one who is hiding behind the coop. But she seems worried than afraid when she heard that someone is hurt, so she went to the crash site to help out.

"What happened?" asked Fluttershy as she saw the brave one trying to move the man out of the small crater. "I don't know, but right now we should get him inside the cottage since the hospital is too far away" said the brave one. Fluttershy nodded and summoned her wings and flew the short distance to her friend.

Once they brought him inside the cottage (which is Fluttershy's home) and places him on her bed, Fluttershy inspects his body head to toe for injuries, but it didn't take a full minute to discover them. He is covered in scars, bruises, leaves and a few splinters.

"Oh my" said Fluttershy as she realize how bad his condition is. Once she saw some blood starting to leak from his scars, she said, "Rainbow Dash, get the first-aide kit, I'll get water and some cloth"

Rainbow nodded and disappeared few seconds later to look for the first-aide kit, while Fluttershy went to the kitchen to get some water and cloth.Rainbow came back with the kit and Fluttershy with the water and began to tend his injuries.

half an hour later, Fluttershy signed in relief that she manages to cover up the scars and bruises and removes the splinters and cleaned some dirt with a wash cloth. Now the 2 friends waits for him to wake up, but he seems to wake once he feels the cold water touched his injuries.

All I can hear is my heart beat in a slow rhythm and I feel like I'm bound to the ground, but the straps are starting to loosen. I tried to move my arms, but instead my brain sends sharp pain to them. I tried opening my eyes, but it feels so heavy like weights are attached to them, but my other senses are starting once again. I can hear two voices, it seems they're having a conversation, it soon gets clear enough to understand what are they saying.

"An....a-a-alien?!" said Fluttershy in fear.

"Yeah, think about it. Something crashed on your yard, turns out to be someone than a something" explained Rainbow, "He could be from another planet! He must be here to study us or abduct someone!"

"Oh...my..." Fluttershy began to shiver and backs away from the man. "Bu-but he doesn't look like an alien, he could be a nice alien"

"They have to be nice, so they can lure you to do some weird experiments on you!" exclaimed rainbow as she waves her arms around.

I finally manage to open my eyes but only half-way. It's still blurry, but it gets clearer each passing second. All I can see is two girls with a rather colorful attires, one has pink hair with yellow clothing, while the other has a really colorful hair with 4 to 5 colors, I think. "H-hello?" is pretty much all I can say through all this pain going on, but it caught their attentions.

"Well, we just need to find out. He's awake" Said Rainbow. Unsure of his purpose here, Fluttershy hid behind her and they slowly walk towards him.

"What...happened?" he asked as he tries to sit up, but pain told him not to.

"You shouldn't move, your hurt" said Fluttershy but hardly audible.

"Did you say something?" Asked the man as he lays back on the bed.

"She said don't move, because your hurt." Said Rainbow, as she slowly approaches to the bedside.

The man clutches his arm, then he notices that it's covered with bandages, so as his forelegs and his chest.

"What happened to me?"

"You crashed into the forest and Fluttershy here played doctor"

"Really? I guess I owe you my thanks" said the man as he tries to sit up once again as smaller pain attacked him.

"He seems nice" said Fluttershy as she stands beside her friend.

"Let's just cut to the chase, who are you and what are you doing here?" she asked as she glares at him not trusting him just yet.

"My name is Nathaniel, Nathaniel Burgos. You can call me Nat if ya like." He introduced himself as he looks at the window. "And I don't remember visiting this country side, I was just on a city awhile ago"

"Well, Nat. You crashed near my friend's yard and she was kind enough to tend your wounds. Are you a spy? An alien spy that is here to make experiments on me or my friend here?" Asked Rainbow as she raises a fist.

"What are you talking about? I'm not alien, I look just like you, a human. If I am, then where is my space ship or space stuff?" He said Defensively.

"Oh? Then what do you explain that thing?" Rainbow pointed on the black bag near the door.

"That's just my guitar. If you don't believe me, feel free to look inside." He said feeling a little annoyed by all this.

Rainbow Dash then heads to the bag to see whats inside while Fluttershy stands next to him.

"I'm really sorry for my friend" she apologizes as she stares at the ground.

"I think I should apologize as well if I sound rude" He apologizes as he gave her a smile to lighten the atmosphere of the room.

"It's okay, she can be rude sometimes as well." said Fluttershy as she returns the smile.

Fluttershy's smile seems to trigger something inside Nathaniel as it slowly boils to his face, forming a shade of pink on his face. 'that smile, it's so warm that I can feel it inside me. What's going on?' He said to himself mentally.

"Your name is Fluttershy, right?"

She replies with a nod, "And over there is Rainbow Dash, She is my very best friend"

"Well, it's a guitar alright. I guess your not an alien after all, but I got my eye on you" Said Rainbow Dash as she pointed a finger at him.

Moments later, they heard a knock on the door, "I'll get it" Said Fluttershy as she descends the stairs to answer the door. The door reveals the energetic girl, Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, hello there, Pinkie. What brings you here?" Fluttershy greeted.

"Hiya, Fluttershy! Guess what?! We got 2 new friend in town! Their names are Gus Hogwill and Gary Hogwill, they're brothers too! And I'm hosting a welcoming party at the bakery for them! So don't be late for the party, okay?" Said Pinkie as she skips in place.

"Okay, I'll tell Rainbow as well. Oh, we got a found a ne-"

"Great! See ya at the party! It's at 6!" Said Pinkie as she skips back to town.

"-w, friend?" Fluttershy continued, but she is too far to hear her so she just shrugs and heads back upstairs to tell the news.

"Who was it?" Asked Rainbow.

"It was Pinkie Pie, she said that there's a welcoming party for two new people in town."

"Oh? Who are they?" asked Rainbow as she raises a brow.

"There names are Gus and Gary, They're brothers. The party is gonna be on 6."

"Gus? he is here?" Asked Nat.

"You know him?" Asked Rainbow.

"long story short, he is a friend of mine. I need to go see him" Nat starts to get out of bed. But Fluttershy stopped him.

"Oh no, you should stay here because your badly hurt. You need to rest" Said Fluttershy with concern.

Nat just look on her face which seems to trigger the same sensation from before when she smiled. "Oh,okay if I really have to" He signed in defeat as he lays back on the bed.

A few minutes later, The girls went outside to go to the party. Nat went to the window to see them go, but wasn't expecting how they make an exit. Their backs starts to sparkle as it slowly forms feathered wings, they flapped them and soon takes to the skies. Nat's jaw dropped as he saw them hovering in the air.

"We'll be back to you in couple of hours" Said Rainbow Dash as she flies away in a blink of an eye.

Fluttershy just waves and slowly flies to follow her speeding friend, and Nat picked up his jaw and slowly waves back.

He heads back to rest, but only for a few minutes. "I need to see him, he is probably in pain for what he experience in the talent show." He said to himself as he gets off the bed and took his bag.

He had to struggle just to reach the door as the pain attacks him in different parts if his body with every step. But he fights on to see Gus once again. He slowly follows the dirt path and reaches the town entrance. He then noticed that everyone is heading towards the large gingerbread house-like structure.

"I must find him, he should be here" he said to himself as he limps towards the structure. Once he made it, he peeks on a window to see what's inside. But what he saw was a a girl with pink poofy hair dancing like no one is watching, but the inside is filled with people.

'It must be the party that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were talking about. How did they get those names anyways?' he thought. After seeing what's inside he lurked on the corner of the structure and saw the door wide open. 'I hope this Pinkie person doesn't mind' he thought as he slowly walks to the entrance. Then, out of nowhere the pink poofy haired girl suddenly appeared before him which startled him to the ground.

"Hi!" She greeted as he stands on top of him and looked hard at his appearance. "Why are you covered in bandages? UH! are you wearing a costume?! Is it for Nightmare Night?! It's still months away, silly! Hey! I I just never seen you before! *GASP* are you new too?!?" Nathaniel just stared, still processing what is going on. When he was about to speak, the pink energetic girl pulled his arm and leads him inside the structure.

She places him at the center of the crowd and then climbed on top of a table and pulls out a wooden spoon and pan from who knows where and bangs them together until she gets everyone's attention.

"Attention everyone! We got a new Guest of Honor! That Guy!" she announced and pointed the wooden spoon at him. "introduce yourself, silly!"

The room was silent for the new guest to speak, but he just stood there like a statue. Until a familiar voice spoke.

"Hey, isn't Nathaniel?" Nat looks at the source of the voice and spotted his friend's younger brother, Gary.

"Nat?" said a voice beside Gary, which Nat remembers well.

"Gus?" said Nat as he walks to him.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Gus, first was his brother now his friend.

"I came here to apologize"

"You came all the way here to apologize?"

"Well, I wasn't expecting all this to happen. It looks more like a dream to me, real live angels, giant gingerbread house and lots of color. But I know fully well this is not a dream" said Nat as he touches his injuries.

"Apologize for what exactly?" Asked Gus as he blindly walks towards Nat's voice.

"For Everything. The bullying, the teasing and a lot more. Honestly, I never really did any of them. I never wanted to hurt a friend that understands me and listens to my problems. I pretty sure your asking why I didn't help you, it's because I'm afraid. Afraid that I might end up just like you." Nat wanted to say more but Gus waves his left hand around until it lands on his left shoulder.

"You don't need to apologize, I fully understand. No one deserves how I was treated." he said as he gives a little smile.

"But, you were sad and depressed when I saw you"

"I was, but able to finally talk to my friends always brings me joy." said Gus as he felt something behind his friends back. "It seems you brought your guitar, wanna play a song?"

"Hey! Mister Gus has a guitar too, just like you!" Said Dinky as she walks to them.

"Singing will always lighten things up" said Nat as he puts on a smile.

"Dinky, is it okay for you to get my guitar?" Asked Gus. "Sure!" Said Dinky as she bolted out.

Later on, Gus and Nat sat on a coach with guitars on their hands. A crowd was formed in front of them as if a on a stadium.

"So what are we gonna play?" Asked Nat as he tunes his guitar.

Gus replied by playing a few notes, which Nathaniel remembers all too well. It's the first song they sang together.

A Day to Remember= Another Song about the Weekends

Gus: They keep playing sad songs on the radio

And I feel like I'm so alone

On this 15 hour drive

And all the while I tell my self to just believe

Cause nobody can give so much

And never get anything
Nat:(Never get anything)

Gus: Everyone I use to know

says they don't know what i've become

But I'm still the same

not much has changed

I still know where I came from

Gus:I fell asleep with the lights on

I can see your the first one in a long time.
Both:That had some faith in me

(Have faith in me)
Gus:tell my friends we wont be long

the florida sun begs me to come back home
Both:It feels like I'm ready for anything
Gus:If you can wait for me.

Nat:In all the while I say to much of what I think

And I can't remember what it's like to find meaning in anything for the life of me

Everyone I use to know

says they don't know what i've become

But I'm still the same

not much has changed

I still know where I came from

Both:all I've ever wanted was so far from what I need
I'll write my songs, they'll sing along, and hope time heals everything

Gus:I fell asleep with the lights on

I can see your the first one in a long time.
Both:That had some faith in me

(Have faith in me)
Gus:I tell my friends we wont be long

the florida sun begs me to come back home
Both:and it feels like I'm ready for anything
Gus:If you can wait for me.

Crowd:This is all I have!

This is all I have!
Gus:It's my life
Crowd:This is all I have!

This is all I have!

Gus:I fell asleep with the lights on

I can see your the first one in a long time.
Both:That had some faith in me
(Have faith in me)
Gus:I tell my friends we wont be long

the florida suns begs me to come back home
Both:It feels like I'm ready for anything
Gus:If you can wait for me.

Gus:I fell asleep with the lights on

I can see your the first one in a long time.
Both:That had some faith in me
(Have faith in me)
Gus:I tell my friends we wont be long

the florida suns begs me to come back home
Both:It feels like I'm ready for anything
Gus:If you can wait for me

When the song ended, the crowd cheered with applause, whistling and shouting, which is a new feeling to the blind musician. This is the first time that he can hear others about his work excluding his mother and brother. His heavy heart slowly its remove weights of depression and fills with happiness he can feel in his surroundings. For 4 days, he was trapped in absolute darkness, he even sometimes thought of ending it every passing night. But his brother Gary, his friend Nathaniel and this very crowd opened a window and banished the darkness and pulled him to the light. Gus' negative emotions and memories went to the back of his mind.

"This is the start of a new life, old friend" Said Nat as he places a conforting hand on Gus' shoulder. As the crowd continues cheering, Gus shed a single tear at the corner of his blank colored eyes, not from sadness, but from joy.