• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 1,419 Views, 29 Comments

Blind Melody - Neon Shine



When life gives another chance to relive it, but it includes being in a new world, will you accept?

  • ...
5
 29
 1,419

Chapter 2: Hard Landing

Chapter 2:
Hard Landing

Air...
All I can feel is air...

It was a feeling I never experience before, there is nothing to touch but wind that is blowing at me with rush. Am I falling?

I finally realize that I am free falling from the sky, but how did I get here when I was on the ground moments ago?

At the afternoon sky, a bright sphere of light, moving at great speed crash landed just outside a small town. A little girl witnessed the crash. Curiosity took hold of her mind, so she went out to get a better look of the crash site.

A small crater was formed from the crash, and a man who is just laying outside the crater. His body was filled with dirt and dried blood, but it's not from the crash, but before he crashed.

My body isn't numb anymore from that unexpected landing, but something feels different. Is this grass? And the air, it smells cleaner than before. Is this what they call heaven? It can't be, what I heard of, heaven should be on clouds not on the ground. It's too real to be a dream either. Where am I?

Gus found himself not in a city, but somewhere more peaceful. The air is clean from smoke or pollution, their is grass under his feet and the sun shines on him with a dim light thanks to the clouds. He decided to relax on the ground for awhile to get use to the feeling, until someone poked his face.

"Hey mister, are you ok?" said a voice of a young girl.

"I'm fine" he replied, not expecting someone would be here.

Thank the Goddess, I thought you were dead! Since you crash here" said the little girl.

"Well, as you can see, I'm alive. Is there anything you need?" he asked.

The little started to send a barrage of questions. "Is all these trash yours? Where you from? How did you get here? Is something with your eyes?"

"Let's see, I remember only bringing my guitar with me. I'm from Los Angeles. I don't know how I got here, really. And yes, I'm blind. Any more questions?" He asked expecting more.

"What's your name? Where is Lost Angle? And what is blind?" she asked innocently.

"My name is Gus Hogwill. It's actually pronounce Los Angeles, little one. Aren't we in Los Angeles? And blind means I can't use my eyes, in other words I can't see anything. I have to rely on my other senses like hearing and smelling." He answered.

"Nope, we're just outside a town called Ponyville. My name is Dinky Doo, Nice to meet you Mr. Hogwill" Dinky greeted.

"Mr. Hogwill is my father's name, call me Gus" he said with a smile.

"Ok, do you want to go to town, Gus?" asked Dinky.

"I would like that, can you help me up?" he asked. She nodded and took his hand to help him up and leads him towards town.

"Oh, can you get my guitar? It's probably somewhere here." Said Gus.
She replied with a simple "ok" and looks around the crater where it might be located. She then handed the guitar to him when she found it and continues their trek towards town.

"So Dinky, how did you found me?" He asked.

"Well, I saw a shooting star awhile ago, and saw it crashed outside town. I was expecting a star or an alien to be honest" she chuckled at the last statement.

'Does that mean I'm not on Earth anymore?' he thought to himself as they slowly walk towards the entrance of town.

Once they reach town, the town folks were staring at Gus, he is covered in dirt, dust and dried blood.

"Your town is pretty quiet" he thought out loud.

"Well, that's because they're kinda surprised by your appearance" Dinky replied.

"I don't look that bad, do I?" he asked quizzically.

"Sorry, but, you look like a hobo" she giggled.

After the awkward walk to Dinky's home, they arrived to their destination. Dinky then saw a woman with pink puffy hair and carrying a box, she is also ringing the doorbell at Dinky's home.

"Hello, Pinkie" Dinky greeted with a wave.

"Oh, hi Dinky! Your mother ordered a box of muffins, can you give thi-. Why are you holding a hobo?" Asked Pinkie as she noticed Gus.

"I told you look like a hobo" Dinky whispered. "This is Mr. Gus Hogwill, he is new in town. I found him ou-" Dinky was cut-off by a loud gasp from the Pinkie.

"OHMYGOSH! YOUSAIDNEWINTOWN?! IGOTTAPREPARETHEWELCOMINGPARTYSOON! IWILLINVITEEVERYONEINTTOWN" Pinkie was talking so fast even Gus can't catch up with her speed.

"Pinkie?" Dinky try to interrupt, but to no avail.

"-THEREWILLBECAKEPUNCHSWEETCUPCAKES"

"Ms. Pinkie Pie!" Dinky shouted.

"Yes, Dinky?" Asked Pinkie as she puts a big smile.

"That sounds like a great idea, what time is the party?" Asked Dinky.

"Oh! It will be at 6, see you at Sugar Cube Corner, Mister Hogwill!" said Pinkie as she handed the box of muffins and skips back to where she works.

"She is one fast talker, is she?" Said Gus, surprise how fast what he just heard. "Anyway, there's a party?"

"Yeah, a welcoming party just for you, Ms. Pinkie Pie is one of the friendliest person I know." Dinky replied.

Gus replied with a warm smile, after that, they entered Dinky's home to meet her mother.

Meanwhile, southwest of town, another bright sphere landed in a more rural area...

"this can't be happening" Gary thought out loud. "Was that light some kind of...portal? I was in an alley just moments ago, then this mysterious light appeared.Then, I found myself falling and crashed in this field, but the crash somehow doesn't hurt than I expected, how did I even survive the crash in the first place." Gary is completely confused what happened to him even his brother. "If my brother entered the same alley as I did, he must have experience the same events I did." He said to himself with worry.

"Alright, calm down" he said to himself. "I should find out where exactly where I am" he look around his surroundings, all he saw was a hill in the distance and a few trees. 'It seems I was teleported far the city since this place looks rural. Where am I?' he thought to himself. 'I should go on top of the hill to get a better view'

As he begins his walk to the hill, his hunger growled like mad dogs. 'Whew, using all that magic is making me hungry, there must be a source of food somewhere' he said mentally.

He climbs the hill to get a better view of where he is, he saw something he didn't expect. He saw a large amount of trees with red dots on the leaves, he approaches slowly to get a better look at the trees. the red dots turned out to be red apples, and ripe for the taking.

His eyes are filled with hunger and greed as he lay eyes on the apples, so he ran towards the trees with the remaining strength and took the nearest apple. He cleaned the apple with his shirt and took a big bite, it was indeed ripe. Once he finishes the apple, he drops whats left of it and ventures into the trees to see what else is easy to pick until he is satisfied with his hunger.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the orchard, three friends are walking at the edge of the large group of apple trees. One of them is wearing a farming attire, the other is wearing a uniform and the other is wearing a purple jacket.

"I thank ya guys again for da help, I couldn't harvest all dis apples in time" said the farmer with a southern ascent.

"No problem, Applejack. Me and Spike are finish organizing the Library anyway" said the woman in uniform.

"I mostly did the work" complained Spike.

The woman just rolled her eyes and picked up a basket. "Where should we start?" asked the woman.

"Well, we're headin' to the west side of da orchard, we're almo-" Applejack stopped dead on her tracks as she spotted an eaten apple.

"Someone has been munchin' on mah apples" said Applejack with annoyance.

"Spike" said the woman in a scolding tone.

"What? you know me, Twilight. I would probably eat the whole thing" Said Spike defensively.

"Well, we just need tah find out who is responsible fer dis" Said Applejack as she drops her basket. The three friends searched the area for who is responsible. They soon spotted Gary relaxing on the slope of a hill with an apple in hand.

As they approached him, he slowly dozes-off to a pleasant sleep. But Applejack isn't happy and patient to wait for him to wake up.

"WHAT IN TARNATION R'YAH DOIN?!" Applejack shouted.

Gary immediately woke up and crawled backwards in shock. "Gah! Isn't is rude to sneak up on people?! Gary exclaimed.

"Wat r'yah talkin' about? You stole those apples yah ate!"

"W-wait, you own these apple trees? I-I d-didn't know! L-let me explain!" He pleaded, but found himself lassoed by the farmer and pinned to the ground.

"P-please, the-there's no need for violence!" Fear slowly flows his mind of things might happen to him.

"Hold on, Applejack" said Twilight as she approaches the terrified man. "You can explain yourself before my friend here is gonna hog tie you"

Gary swallowed hard, "O-okay". He slowly calms down and look at Twilight's lavender colored eyes/. "First off, my name is Gary Hogwill. I don't know exactly how I got here. I was somehow teleported from here from where I come from, which is a city not in some rural area and I didn't know you own these apples, I swear!" but he had second thoughts, thinking they won't believe his story.

"How did you got teleported, exactly?" Asked Twilight.

"I was following my brother Gus-" he stopped himself as he remembers why he was here in the first place. "Gus! Have you seen my brother?! he is a blind man with a guitar!" he exclaimedin worry.

"Nnnope, yur da onleh guy we saw here" Applejack shrugged.

Gary signed in disappointment and stood up to meet eye level with his captor. "Fine, I'll submit. Take me awa-" Gary was cut short when someone knocked him back to the ground once again by a certain somen\one know as Pinkie Pie.

"Hey guys! There's a new guy in town, and I'm going to host a welcoming party for him. So, you guys are-" Pinkie looked down and saw someone below her and tied up. "Whoopsie, I didn't see you there." She said as she gets off of him and helped him up. "I haven't seen you before, because I know everyone in town. *gasp* Are you new?!" She asked in excitement.

"New? New in what exactly?" Gary asked as he raise a brow.

"New in town, silly! What's your name?" She asked with a smile.

"Um, Gary Hogwill"

"OHMYGOSH! Are you related to Gus? Gus Hogwill? You must be related since you guys have the same last names and all"

Gary's eyes widened upon hearing his brother's name, "Gus?! He's here!? Is he ok!?"

"Of course he is! He is in town with Di-" as she began another rant, Gary uses his magic to loosen the ropes. Once it's off, he interrupted her with a hug of joy.

Oh thank you! I'm glad he is alright! What a relief!" He exclaimed. After a few awkward moments later, Gary realizes his position. He releases the hug quickly and turns around to hide his blush. "Sorry about that, I'm just relieved and glad that my brother is here and well"

"Don't worry, I like hugs" said Pinkie with a smile. "Anyway, the party will be at 6 pm, see you guys at the bakery!" she said as she skips happily back towards town.

"Well, that was awkward" said Gary still hiding his blush.

"Hey! How did ya escape mah rope!" Said Applejack with growing annoyance as she noticed that Gary isn't tied anymore.

"Oh, it must have...a...slipped?" He said sheepishly.

"Impossible, I'm pretteh sure it was tight enough for you to use your arms" Said Applejack.

"He uses his magic, so your a spell caster like me then" Said Twilight with an impressed face.

"W-wait, you can do magic too?" Said Gary with confusion, thinking he only he could do magic.

"That's right! Spell caster are scattered all over Equestria, should have known since your from here" Said Twilight as she demonstrates her magic by levitating an apple.

"I'm not from here, where is Equestria located exactly? We're on Earth, right?" He said with growing confusion.

The three shared a confused look as they look at Gary muttering things about Earth. " where is "here"?" asked Gary.

"Your in mah family's farm named Sweet Apple Acres. Am Applejack" she introduced herself and shook his hand at rapid speed.

"And I'm Twilight Sparkle, over there is my assistant Spike" "Hey there" Spike greeted.

"Nice...to...meet...you..." he said shakily as Applejack shook his hand.

Twilight spotted the sun over the hill as it begins to set, "Anyways, it's probably almost 6, we should probably get going. Don't wanna be late now, do we?" said Twilight as she leads the small group to town.

"And don't worry, ya'll get yur punishment tomorrow" said Applejack.

"Great" said Gary, who is not amused.

Back in Dinky's home, Gus just finish telling his tall tale about his life. Which Ditzy, Dinky's mother, can relate to, "You really live a complicated life, mister Hogwill" Said Ditzy as she feels sorry for what he experience.

"Mister Hogwill is my dad's name, call me Gus, Mrs. Doo" Said Gus with a nod.

"Oh, I'm actually single" said Ditzy.

"Oh? What happened to your father, Dinky?" Asked Gus.

"Well, mom doesn't wanna hear or talk about it" Said Dinky trying to avoid the subject.

"Oh, it's quite alright. You must be a wonderful mother raising a child all by yourself" He Complimented.

She is! But she can be a little clumsy a few times" Dinky giggled. She then look at the clock tower to know the time, it's almost 6. "We probably get going to the party, don't wanna make the guest of honor be late for his party" said Dinky as he helps Gus to the door.

Dinky and her mother helped Gus towards the bakery called Sugar Cube Corner, where the party will be held. At the road to the bakery, Gary, Twilight, Applejack and Spike saw Dinky, Ditzy and a Gus with them.

"Gus!" Gary called out, he ran to him and gave him a hug like they didn't seen each other for years.

"Gary? How did you get here?" Asked Gus, not expecting his brother's voice here.

"Long story, anyway, you drop this" Gary reached for his pocket and pulled out his blindfold and handed it to his brother.

"Thank you. Could you tie it for me?" He asked as he gave back the blindfold.

"Sure" Gary went behind him and tied the blind over his eyes. "Too tight?"

"No, thanks again" Said Gus with a smile.

"Anything for you, bro" he said as he gave another hug, while the others smiled at each other as they witness the reunion of the brothers.

"We should head to the bakery, I got a welcoming party there" said Gus as he dismissed the hug.

"Actually, it's our welcoming party" Said Gary, "Shall we get going?" he said to Twilight.

she replies with a nod and leads the group to the bakery.

At the entrance of town, a man with a large black bag at his bag, slowly walks on the empty road. He soon spotted a large gingerbread house-like structure, where most of the crowd are heading. As he continue his walk, he limps after few steps, his body was covered in bandages like he just escaped a hospital and not fully recovered. "I must find him, he should be here" He said to himself as he slowly approaches the bakery.