• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 695 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 695

Daughter of Nightmare Moon Part 1

Ruby Frost carefully packs her saddlebags as she hums and sings, “We’re apples to the~” A knock is heard at the door, “...door?” Ruby Frost quickly walks to the door and opens it.

Her mother stands at the entrance, “Ruby Frost.”

“Oh, howdy ma. What is it?” Ruby says as she gets back to packing her saddlebag.

“Sooooooo…I got a letter in the mail for you.” Wild Crisp says, pulling out a paper.

Ruby Frost stops what she’s doing and turns to her mother, “Who’s it from?”

“It’s from that Octavia Melody pony.” Wild Crisp says.

Ruby Frost goes wide-eyed, “Oh…uh, just set it on my desk.”

Wild Crisp smirks as she walks to Ruby Frost’s desk, “I started wondering why you send and receive so many letters to this pony. So I took the liberty to read some of it.”

Ruby Frost goes wide-eyed and turns to her mother, “YOU READ IT?!?!”

Wild Crisp chuckles as she sets letters down, “You two are quite the lovebirds, aren’t you?”

Ruby scowls as she approaches her mother, keeping her distance as not to accidentally bump into her, “Ma, that letter was private! Don’t go reading my stuff without my permission!”

“I’m sorry. I was just curious as to why my daughter was always sending letters to this pony. Now I know why. Are you two official yet?” Wild Crisp says.

Ruby Frost turns around and finishes packing her things, “No, we’re just friends for now.”

“For now?” Wild Crisp says, intrigued.

“Don’t push it, Ma.” Ruby says as she puts on her saddlebag.

“Off on your camping trip?” Wild Crisp asks.

“It’s not a camping trip, Ma.” Ruby Frost says as she walks out of her room. Wild Crisp follows her as they continue their conversation, “Amber Gem needs to go to Foal Mountain in order to mine some sort of rare gem she needs for a client. She asked me and the girls for help with it, since going alone would be ill advised.”

“Foal Mountain? Be careful! A pony like you on a mountain doesn’t sound very safe.” Wild Crisp says as the two walk out of the shop. Wild Crisp stops, as she must stay in order to run the shop for the day.

Ruby stops and looks in her mother’s direction, “I’ll be fine, ma. You should know by now that I can take care of myself. Even with my disability.”

“I know. It’s just…a mother worries, y’know?” Wild Crisp says.

Ruby Frost nods, “I know. I’ll see you real soon, alright?” Ruby Frost walks towards the eastern side of Ponyville.

“Be safe now!” Wild Crisp yells.

“I will!” Ruby Frost yells back as she continues her trek eastward.


Ruby Frost arrives at the edge of Ponyville; where Aurora Shimmer, Amber Gem, Blossom Night, Star Dream, and Hazel Bloom all wait. “Are we all set, then?” Aurora asks.

“This is everypony.” Star Dream says.

“Then let’s head out. I do need these jewels sooner than later.” Amber says.

The 6 ponies head eastward, towards Foal Mountain as Nuptial watches. Nuptial sighs, “Welp, looks like no progress on love today.”

“Then we should go look around the town for more ponies brimming with love!” Tarsus says.

“You’re right, let’s look around.” Nuptial says as she flies above Ponyville. As she does, she sees an unfamiliar pony walking through the town, “Hey Tarsus, take a look at that pony.”

Tarsus looks down, viewing the pony, “Huh, we’ve never seen that pony before, have we?”

“No, we haven’t. Let’s keep an eye on her. Maybe she’ll be a good target.” Nuptial says as the two fly down onto the roof of one of the many houses to watch the pony.


The pony is a Unicorn Mare, her coat is dark gray, her mane is milano red swept waves with crimson streaks, her eyes are atoll, and her cutie mark is a Blood Red Moon; swirling around the moon is 7 black stars, 2 of which are more distant than the others. The mare smirks as she steps onto an ascended box in front of Ponyville Town Hall. She takes a deep breath before beginning to speak, “Citizens of Ponyville! Rejoice! For fate has Ordained, that your rule under that of Princess Celestia is no more!”

Nuptial raises an eyebrow, “Huh? What is she on about?”

“What’s going on?” Tarsus asks, turning to his sister.

“I don’t know. Let’s go get a better view.” Nuptial says as she changes into a unicorn pony. The pony has a white coat with a brown mane styled in two pigtail braids.

“Alright.” Tarsus nods as she changes into a pegasus pony. He has a dark blue coat with brown spiked mane that points upwards. The two changelings quickly jump down to the ground and hide within the large group of ponies crowding in front of the new pony.

“What did she say?” A pony asks.

“She said our rule under Princess Celestia is over?” Another pony says.

The Unicorn Mare puts on a wide toothed grin, “Yes, it’s true. Your ears do not deceive you. From this moment forth…I am your Princess now. My name is Lunar Eclipse! And you will all bow to me!”

All the ponies of the crowd gasp. Bon Bon, however, rolls her eyes, “As if.”

Lunar Eclipse puts on an excited expression, “A resistant pony? Perfect! Just what I need to make an example!” Lunar’s horn glows a green and purple bubbling aura. Her eyes shift to complete green as a purple smoke emanates from them. Lunar quickly whips her head forward, blasting a beam of magic at Bon Bon. The ponies of the crowd gasp in horror as Bon Bon falls over. The color of her body dims from the hooves up and her eyes go green. The process stops and Bon Bon carefully stands up with a deadpan expression, her eyes still glowing green.

Lyra Heartstrings, who was standing next to Bon Bon, looks on in horror, “B-Bon Bon! Are you okay?”

Lunar Eclipse blasts another beam of magic; this time it strikes Lyra Heartstrings, and the process repeats with her. She stands tall, an almost zombified presence. Ponies back away from Bon Bon and Lyra in horror. Lunar Eclipse’s eyes and horn go back to normal as she smiles at the two, “That’s right, my little ponies. I possess Dark Magic! On a whim, I can transform you all into my slaves!”

“D-Dark Magic?!” Nuptial says, wide-eyed.

“This is bad, Nuptial. We should get out of here.” Tarsus says in worry.

“No, we can’t. We’ll stay a little longer.” Nuptial says.

“Enough of this!” Rainbow Dash yells out as she flies up to Lunar Eclipse, “Let them go!”

“Could it be? Rainbow Dash?” Lunar Eclipse says, excitedly.

“Yeah? What about it?” Rainbow Dash says with a scowl.

“I’ve heard a lot about you. Some say you’re the fastest flier south of Cloudsdale. Maybe even in all of Equestria.” Lunar Eclipse says with a cheeky smile.

“Grrrrr.” Rainbow Dash grunts as she flies up to Lunar’s face, “Stop playing games! Let those ponies go! Or else!”

“Or else what? You’ll outspeed me to death?” Lunar Eclipse asks with a smirk.

“Or else I’ll clobber you!” Rainbow Dash says, putting up her hooves.

“Eh, seen tougher.” Lunar Eclipse rolls her eyes before firing another beam of Dark Magic at Rainbow Dash.

The beam strikes Rainbow Dash, causing her to collapse to the ground, “WOAH!” Rainbow Dash’s body proceeds to writhe on the ground, “Wh-What’s happening?!”

Lunar Eclipse walks up to Rainbow Dash’s body, standing above her, “Making your body unusable!”

Rainbow Dash’s wings start contorting until they’re unrecognizable clumps of tangled feathers, “M-MY WINGS!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY WINGS?!?!”

Lunar Eclipse puts on an evil laugh, “Hahaha! Say goodbye to flying, Rainbow Dash. Now…tell me…where are those friends of yours?”

“What? Why do you wanna know?” Rainbow Dash says with a scowl.

“I have a bone to pick with you all!” Lunar Eclipse says.

“Well tough luck! ‘Cause I ain’t tellin’ you nothin’!” Rainbow Dash yells before sticking her tongue out.

Lunar Eclipse looks up and smiles, “Looks like you don’t have to! Twilight Sparkle!”

The crowd parts as Twilight Sparkle stands before Lunar Eclipse, quite the distance away. Twilight scowls, “Leave her alone!”

Lunar Eclipse raises an eyebrow as she steps forward, overstepping Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash’s contortions end as she carefully stands up with shaking legs, “Why I oughta-” Rainbow Dash collapses to the ground in exhaustion, “Oh jeez. That was tiring.”

“Twilight Sparkle! You are the pony who defeated Nightmare Moon, correct?” Lunar Eclipse asks, slowly approaching Twilight.

“Who are you? What’s your goal here?” Twilight asks, charging her horn with magic.

“My name is Lunar Eclipse! I…am the Daughter of Nightmare Moon!” Lunar Eclipse says proudly.

Twilight goes wide-eyed and everypony gasps.

“The daughter of Nightmare Moon?” Nuptial says.

“You’re the…daughter of Princess Luna?” Twilight asks with her eyes widened. The magic from her horn fades.

“Princess Luna?” Lunar Eclipse says in confusion.

“Nightmare Moon no longer exists. The evil in her heart was eradicated by the Elements of Harmony. She’s Princess Luna now.” Twilight says.

Lunar Eclipse backs up in shock, “M-Mother…what did they do to you?”

“I will ask you only once. Leave Ponyville alone! Or I will be forced to contact Princess Celestia!” Twilight says, charging magic into her horn once again.

Lunar Eclipse scowls in anger, “You vanquished my mother using the Elements of Harmony? How…DARE YOU!!!” Lunar blasts a beam of Dark Magic at Twilight.

Just before Twilight is hit, Rainbow Dash jumps in the way of the beam, taking the hit. She falls to the ground in pain. “Get out of here, Twilight! Send a Letter to Princess Celestia!”

Twilight quickly uses magic to teleport away. Lunar Eclipse scowls, “NOT SO FAST!” Lunar dives her horn into the ground, channeling Dark Magic into it. A large purple force field forms around the entirety of Ponyville, “Nopony leaves here! And nopony enters!” Lunar turns to the other ponies and quickly blasts a large beam of Dark Magic at them, turning them into her henchponies. Ponies who weren’t hit begin screaming and running. Lunar Eclipse fires beam after beam at the running ponies, turning them into her servants. She turns to the larger group of possessed ponies, “Find her! Find that Twilight Sparkle! And the rest of her friends! Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and that pink one! Find them all! I want them brought to me!”

The possessed ponies quickly gallop in different directions, following the orders of Lunar Eclipse.

“Grrrrr! TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!!!” Lunar Eclipse yells into the sky.

Nuptial and Tarsus hide behind a building, still in their pony forms, watching this go down. “Now we have to get out of here, Nuptial.”

“No, we have to get rid of this pony.” Nuptial says to Tarsus.

“Get rid of her? Why? This isn’t our business!” Tarsus says.

“Yes, it is our business. Think about it. This could interfere with our plans to take over. And besides, we can’t leave here with that force field up anyway.” Nuptial says.

“Well what do you suggest we do?” Tarsus asks.

“Stay out of sight. I’ll go talk to Twilight Sparkle. She’s smart as a whip and magically talented. She’s our only hope here.” Nuptial says.

Tarsus nods, “Alright.”


Meanwhile, Twilight teleports into the Golden Oak Library. She is quick to rush around, turning off the light and closing the curtains. Spike walks into the main room with a confused expression, “Twilight? What’s going on?”

Twilight quickly turns to Spike, “Spike! Quick! Take a note! To the Princess!”

“On it!” Spike says as he runs to the table where they keep quills and paper. He readies the quill as he awaits Twilight’s words.

“Dear Princess Celestia, Ponyville is in danger. A pony has come, claiming to be the daughter of Princess Luna. She appears to want revenge on me and my friends for destroying Nightmare Moon. She has the ability to use Dark Magic that may be as powerful as even an Alicorn’s magic. We need your help immediately. Now hurry! Send it!” Twilight says, quickly.

Spike is writing, mumbling to himself what he writes, “Now…hurry….send…it. What else?”

“No, Spike! Send it now!” Twilight says.

“Oh! Right!” Spike says, quickly tolling the paper into a scroll. He takes a deep breath and blows onto it, turning it into a magic smoke.

Twilight quickly opens a window to let the letter out. As she does, she sees the large force field, “Oh no!” The letter simply smashes into the force field, turning back into a roll of paper and falling to the ground, “We can’t get a letter to Princess Celestia with that force field around Ponyville. Wh-What do we do?”

“We need to take down the force field.” A pony in the darkness says.

Twilight quickly turns to the darkness, where the voice came from, “Who’s there?”

The pony walks into the light, revealing that it’s Nuptial, “It’s just me.”

“Who are you?” Twilight asks, lowering her guard.

“I’m….uh…” Nuptial thinks, darting her eyes away, “Speed…..Wagon. I’m Speed Wagon.”

“I’m Twilight Sparkle. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in town before. Are you new here?” Twilight says, lifting a hoof.

Nuptial walks closer to Twilight, “I’m visiting here from far away. But that’s not important right now.” Nuptial walks to the window, looking outside it, “We need to get that force field down and get a message to Princess Celestia.”

“Yes, but how do we do that?” Twilight asks.

“It’s obvious. She can’t hold a force field like that forever. She must have channeled the magic into something. When she created the force field, I saw her dig her horn into the ground. Perhaps she channeled it into the ground. I’m guessing there’s a geode she channeled it into.” Nuptial says, walking back to Twilight.

Twilight rubs her chin with her hoof, in thought. She smiles wide, “Speed Wagon, that’s it! If we can find whatever she channeled magic into and destroy it, the force field will disappear and I’ll be able to send a letter to Princess Celestia! Wow, you know a lot about magic. Did you go to Celestia’s Magic School?”

Nuptial shakes her head, “No, my mother taught me.”

“Your mother? She must be an expert. Who is she?” Twilight says.

Nuptial looks away, “Nopony.”

“Well, anyway. We need a plan.” Twilight says.

Nuptial places her hoof on her chin, “I can distract her. Luring her away. That way, you can find the geode and shatter it.”

“That sounds like a plan!” Twilight says.

“What can I do?” Spike asks.

“Hold the fort, Spike.” Twilight says with a determined face.

Spike salutes, “You can count on me!”

Twilight turns to Nuptial, “Alright, let’s do this!”



Lunar Eclipse sits in a makeshift throne, scowling as she looks forward. She smiles as she sees one of her henchponies dragging a tied up Applejack, “Grrrrr, get your vermin hooves off me!”

“Applejack! Lovely of you to join us. That makes 5.” Lunar Eclipse says as she turns to a large cage containing Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash.

“Let us out of here!” Rainbow Dash yells, bucking the bars.

“Quiet down, Rainbow Dash. Or your tongue will get the same treatment as your wings!” Lunar Eclipse says.

Rainbow dash goes wide-eyed as she looks at her mangled wings. She turns back to Lunar Eclipse with worried eyes and gulps.

“Much better.” Lunar Eclipse says as her henchpony places Applejack in front of her. Lunar Eclipse channels magic into her horn and teleports Applejack into the cage, leaving the ropes she was tied up in.

“They got you too, huh?” Fluttershy says.

Applejack stands up, “Not without a fight!”

“I went peacefully.” Rarity says before she starts tearing up, “But…my dresses. Why did they have to ruin my dresses?”

“Yeah! They ate the cupcakes I was making for everypony. And I mean yeah, they were technically for the whole town, so it was for them. But they ate them before I served them! So uncultured!” Pinkie Pie says.

“It’s alright, girls. Twilight will get us out of this!” Rainbow Dash says, walking in front of the 5 ponies.

“I hope you’re right. Would it kill that pony to make the cage larger?” Rarity says, rolling her eyes.



Nuptial walks towards Lunar Eclipse with a neutral expression. Lunar Eclipse stands up from her throne. “Who goes there?”

“I’m Speed Wagon! I found where Twilight is!” Nuptial says with a worried expression.

Lunar Eclipse raises an eyebrow and smiles, “Oh? Is that so? Where?”

“Follow me! I’ll show you!” Nuptial says as she turns around to guide Lunar.

Lunar Eclipse quickly steps down from her throne to follow Nuptial.


Twilight Sparkle sneaks from behind a house and sneaks up to the cage that her friends are in, “Hey girls.” She whispers.

“TWILIGHT!” The 5 ponies cheer.

Twilight hastily puts her hoof in front of her mouth, “SHHHHH!!!! Keep it down. I have a plan to get rid of the force field on the town.”

“How?” Applejack asks.

Twilight turns to Rarity, “Rarity, I need you to use your magic to look for any gems or geodes in the area.”

Rarity nods, “Of course, darling.” Her horn lights up as she does what Twilight says.

Twilight looks around hastily before she sees something. A large gem in the ground. She quickly gallops to it and begins digging with her hoof. She finally reaches it and smiles, “Yes! This is it!”


The gem pulsates with green and purple magic. Twilight’s horn glows as she attempts to shatter the gem. But suddenly, a beam of magic strikes Twilight, knocking her away and onto the ground. She carefully gets up and goes wide-eyed as she sees Lunar Eclipse standing not too far from the gem, “Mwahahahaha! You’re a fool to believe such an old trick is gonna work on me.”

Twilight turns to see Nuptial tied up next to Lunar, “Sorry, Twilight. She caught on!”

“You don’t actually think I’d leave the one thing that protects this place from Princess Celestia unguarded, do you? You’re dumber than you look, Twilight.” Lunar Eclipse says as she approaches Twilight.

Twilight clenches her eyes closed as she attempts to teleport away, but is stopped by a large bubble forming around her.

“Ah Ah Ah, not this time. You’re mine now, Twilight Sparkle. Mwahahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Twilight looks on with fear as Lunar Eclipse laughs.


To Be Continued…