• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 230 Views, 3 Comments

Meet Me In Ponyville - BrushyBill1881



A Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Romance: Inspired by the song "Meet Me In Montana" by Dan Seals and Marie Osmond, released 1985

  • ...
 3
 230

The End

Vinyl was sitting in a train car, staring out the window. On the seat next to her was the letter from Octavia. She had read it so many times she had lost count, but no matter the amount it made her heart flutter every time. The train was about half way back to Ponyville when Vinyl's thoughts finally caught up with her heart. "I know I said I'd tell her as soon as I saw her, but is that too fast? Should I start with I'm sorry or ask how she is?" Vinyl began to panic. "I am totally not prepared for this." She continued in rapid thought until one thought in particular made her stop dead and blush. "I...could...k-kiss...her." All other ideas had left her head. "Would that be ok?" Vinyl looked at the window to see her reflection. "No, that will come later. I have to tell her I am sorry first."

Train from Canterlot

Octavia was sitting in a train car fiddling with her cello. "I have got to keep my mind off of her. I have already decided what I am going to do and I am not thinking anymore about it. I'll get there first since Canterlot is closer to Ponyville than Las Pegasus, so I'll go directly home. I will sit on the couch and the moment she walks through the door...I..." she stopped and looked at her reflection in the window. She had only read Vinyl's letter once, but she remembered every word. "No stop thinking too much. I will walk up to her and I WILL kiss her, and I WILL tell her that I love her." she nodded to her reflection and returned to her cello.

Train from Las Pegasus

The train pulled slowly into the station, far to slow for Vinyl. "Come on, come on." She paced in place in front of the train doors.

"Last stop Ponyville," the conductor called and the doors opened. Vinyl rushed off and onto the platform. She began looking around for either for a gray mare or a large cello case. She saw neither.

"Maybe I beat her here?" Vinyl walked off the platform and in the direction of her house. "That's good. It means I can get home and prepare more," she smiled. It was late at night in Ponyville. The moon was high and the stars sparkled. The perfect night for a reunion. Vinyl got into town, still deep in thought. "Ok, so I can't get flowers or cake, but I could put on one of her favorites symphonies. Maybe do my hair a little, get prettied up?" She was so deep in thought she did not notice the lights on in her house. Octavia was sitting on the couch, waiting patiently, focusing on the ticking of the clock. She perked up at the sound of the door knob turning. The gray mare looked over to the door and watched as the white mare entered the house. Vinyl noticed her instantly. They stared at each other for a second. Octavia stood up from the couch. 'Ok,' she assured herself and began walk towards Vinyl. Vinyl was startled by Octavia's sudden move and began to stutter.

"I uh T-T-Tavi, I...I am so sorry, I-" Vinyl was cutoff by Octavia leaning in and kissing her. Shocked at first, Vinyl leaned into the kiss and held Octavia's face. Octavia pulled away and looked at Vinyl.

"I love you, Vinyl," she smiled with a tear streaming down her face. Vinyl stared at Octavia, shocked by both the kiss and her confession.

"I love you too, Tavi." The two hugged each other tight. "I was trying to think of the best way to start." Vinyl said tears falling down her face. Octavia held Vinyl at legs length and smiled mischievously.

"You thought too much." Vinyl smiled back at her, realizing how the tables had turned. The whole time on the train and the walk to the house, she had only been thinking. But Octavia just acted on her feelings.

"You thought just enough." Vinyl kissed Octavia. They were home together once again underneath the Ponyville sky.

-The End

Author's Note:

Hello y'all,
Well here we are at the end. My first published work. I am quite happy with how it turned out. I thought of ways to make this last chapter longer, but then I realized it doesn't need to be. Sometimes love can be long and complicated, and sometimes it just happens, short sweet and to the point. I hope you enjoyed it. Look forward to more stories from Ol' Brushy Bill. Thank you all who read.
-Brushy Bill

Comments ( 2 )

Shouldn't there be an OC tag, for Brushy Bill?

11280353
Thank you for pointing that out. When I originally started this story I didn't expect the OC's to play such a major role and forgot to add it when I finished.

Login or register to comment