• Published 6th Jun 2022
  • 127 Views, 2 Comments

Enforcing Change Side Story 2 - Scootaboom1



Follow some of the monster hunting adventures of Sweetie Drops.

  • ...
 2
 127

Ch 7 A Second Slice of Life

Bon-Bon

Now that Lyra knew about my past she had all kinds of questions about it.

Lyra

When Bon-Bon and I got home from Cranky and Matilda's wedding so many questions about Bon-Bons' past.

How did she become a monster hunting secret agent?

Why did she became a monster hunting secret agent?

What was it like being a monster hunting secret agent?

Bon-Bon

Lyra bombarded me with questions that I knew I would have to answer now that she knew my secret.

Her first and second questions got me to think.

It was not something I had thought about in years by this point.

I thought back to my brother Brave Shield and how he fought the bugbear to give me time to get to safety.

After that day I moved to live with my father in Canterlot where I took night classes.

I had gone to friend of my dad for training with the hope of getting revenge.

I chose to not tell her that the friend was Nightlight.

As I thought back on it though I realized that Nightlight never tried to discourage me from seeking revenge.

In fact the more I thought about it the more I realized that Nightlight seemed to encourage it.

When I mentioned that to Lyra started to come up with a kinds of wild conspiracy theories that I shot down immediately.

Well after that my dad found out that Nightlight was encouraging me and forbid him from training me to be a weapon.

Regardless I was recruited by the AMS a few days later.

Though I noticed that Nightlight would still watch over me from afar.

The AMS had formed over a thousand years ago under a different name but as monster related incidents started to stop being common the organization became inactive in any meaningful way.

But a few years ago monster related incidents started to resume again Equestria was much better equipped to handle them.

Even so the AMS of the time decided to resume activity.

Eventually I had become the best agent in the AMS.

There were times where I would secretly kill a capture target only for Nightlight to cover it up for me.

We then decided to change the topic to something else.

I had known that Lyra had attended Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and that she had been "friends" with the now Princess Twilight Sparkle so she had met Nightlight before but didn't know the truth behind him.

As far as she knew he was just a member of the night guard.

Though it did make me wonder if he knew that I would become friends with Lyra.

Actually how much did he know?

As the days passed on Lyra and I became closer than we ever had before.

For example I learned that Lyra had chest fluff of all things, I had thought that only pegasus had that.

I managed to even talk her into growing it out and she was so fluffy.

When the winter time started to come around we would snuggle up with hot coco.

We only continued to grow closer when eventually peace was made with the Changelings we ended up learning that Nightlight was a changeling.

Lyra started to come up with all kinds of theories about him but I pointed out that since we had both known him personally.

Though I pointed out that even if we did than there was a chance that he won't tell us anything significant.

Though I to admit that the idea of learning his secrets was appealing.

Nightlight

More time has passed.

And right now the only thing standing between me and an angry Bon-Bon.

I could just use time magic to undo my slip up the information that I left her brother to die.

Fortunately I didn't leave the battle axe out plus Lyra and Velvet will calm her down eventually.

Until then though I will stay safely on this side of the door until then.

Then a hoof burst through wall next to the door.

Note to self make sure that the walls surrounding reinforced doors were stronger than the doors.

Fortunately I am a master of escape.

Unfortunately Bon-Bon was a master of pursuit so I was not likely to get away by normal ways.

Unfortunately those would only really work if I could break her line of sight for long enough but she was not going to let me at this point.

As she made her way into the room I noticed that she was not immediately going to kill me so that was a plus.

She had apparently just wanted to hear directly from me why I left her brother to die.

I gave her a similar speal to the one I gave Twilight and her friends about being careful about altering events.

She fortunately accepted my answer and started to leave but just before she left she said that she had a letter to send.

Velvet looked at me and asked if I thought Iron Shield would take that news better.

Knowing him the answer was no.

Comments ( 1 )

I have been reading this article for a long time and loved every bit of it. The writing is amazing. Looking forward to reading it more cuphead

Login or register to comment