• Published 11th Apr 2022
  • 1,216 Views, 37 Comments

MLP A New Generation 2: The Last of The Alicorns - TwiShine45



Sunny and her friends hit the dusty trail on another quest. Only this time, for Sunny, it's personal.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,216

Chapter 29

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! Final chapter! Hope y'all have enjoyed the ride. ANG 3 is coming!

Stay tuned!

Luster charged. Sunny, using her brain and her speed, was able to dodge her attack yet again. However, this time, Luster did manage to land a small horn swipe. Another small trickle of blood poured from Sunny’s shoulder. Pain grasped her every fiber as she turned to try and respond. Her vision blurred and her mind, instinctual though it may have been, was beginning to dull. She was running on pure blind luck, and some part of her registered that, in order to win the fight, she’d have to sway the pendulum of skill back in her direction. Luster would definitely attempt another charge, Sunny thought, so she set herself firmly. Her teeth ground together as she wiped the blood from her face.

This time, however, Luster didn’t charge, but surprised Sunny with a magic blast. The young Alicorn was knocked out of the sky, falling to the cave floor below. Smoke rose from where she landed and her friends raced to the scene. Losing Izzy was bad enough, but losing Sunny meant that all hope truly had abandoned them. They’d surely become slaves to Luster, forced to do her malicious bidding until the day she sealed them in tombs of their own. Either that, or she might decide to send them there instantaneously. Neither scenario was preferable, but even more than that, spending eternity without Sunny was unbearable. So, they tried desperately to revive her.

“Sunny! Wake up! It’s me, Zipp!” The Pegasus exclaimed in a panic, shaking the unconscious Alicorn

“Come on, Sun, you can’t leave us!” Pipp said with eyes as wide as saucers and ready to burst like a dammed up stream.

“Please, Sunny,” Hitch said, tears pouring down his cheeks at the sight of his beloved laying in a heap. “Please don’t go…”

Suddenly, they heard a thud as Luster landed and approached them. Her face was twisted in a snarl of pure rage. She figured that her opponent was truly dead, and thus she’d be able to dispatch of the others. Little did Sunny’s friends know it, but Luster had no need for slaves. She wanted to kill these ponies who dared to stand in her way and preach against her brainwashing theories. Twilight’s teachings could not go forward, because they’d undermine everything Scarlet Wing had worked to bring upon Equestria. More than that, they’d tear Luster from her place of silent power and, more than likely, cause her own demise.

“Aw…is the little princess dead?” Luster mocked.

“No!” Pipp suddenly exclaimed, looking at Sunny’s fallen body. “She’s breathing!”

They all turned to see that Sunny’s chest rose and fell. Every movement was weak, but she was fighting. Somewhere inside of her seemed to lay an impenetrable spirit, bent on bringing friendship and love to all Equestria. It was what drove her when nopony would listen, when she brought the Pegasi and Unicorns together, and when she placed all three Unity Crystals in their proper place. Some kind of fire, started by her father and lost mother, was still burning deep within Sunny’s tired, parched bones. Her friends noticed it, and they gazed in wonder as a sharp burst of magic brought Sunny back to her hooves.
Luster was shocked. “No…I…I defeated you!” She exclaimed.

“You cannot defeat pure friendship, Luster,” Sunny said with a voice that echoed through the ages. “I have seen that with which Twilight and her friends defeated so many of your kind. I have experienced the love and peace that comes with it. Somehow, I am connected to the four royals of old, and I feel their power deep within me. Hail to Celestia, hail to Luna, hail to Cadence, and hail to Twilight, for it is these four who set my destiny in motion so long ago. Despite their ancient names, their place still remains in our land to this day…and I will not allow their memories to be desecrated!”

With that, Sunny zoomed at Luster and the battle began anew. This time, though, Sunny fought with the strength of ten ponies, all of them three times her size. She felt the warmth of her friends pushing her onward. Every hoof swipe and horn blow was her mark of judgment upon this wicked pony. She’d see to it that nopony was ever harmed by Luster, or Scarlet Wing, ever again. The Distrust Dust would be a faint memory and she and her friends would help lead Equestria into a true future, one filled with friendship and hope. She knew exactly what Twilight would have done, though the two had never once met. It was as if she were silently speaking with the old princess, allowing her to guide and encourage.

Luster’s coming from the right, Twilight seemed to say, now…dodge!

Sunny moved out from under a lethal hoof swipe, turned and applied one of her own to the back of Luster’s neck. Luster howled in agony as blood pooled in the wound. But, she wasn’t going down just yet, and she used her horn to blast one of Sunny’s wings. The feathers were taken, and Sunny suddenly found herself quite less agile above ground. She pushed to remain in the air, but fell back to the ground. Luster soon joined her, grabbing her and threatening her with the same wound she’d been given.

“You…witch…” Luster growled, spitting blood with her words.

“You aren’t meant to lead,” Sunny spat in pain and anger, “the throne of Canterlot belongs to me…and my friends!”

“Mark my words, Sunny Starscout,” Luster said, weakening as her body moved ever closer to death, “even if you defeat me today…another will rise. Scarlet Wing shall…never…be…ended…”

Those words sealed the end of the evil one’s life, and she fell limp against Sunny. The victorious Alicorn slowly backed away from her dead enemy. Her soul rejoiced that the evil was gone, but it also mourned the death. Yes, the feeling was weird, but she wished very much that Luster might have remained and learned what true friendship was. In any case, she had won, Scarlet Wing was defeated, and Equestria was at peace once more.

Still, though, she thought, I wonder what she meant by, “another will rise.”

Comments ( 7 )

When to wait for ANG 3?

(Squeal excitedly) I can't wait to read ANG 3! IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME!

11248532
Probably next Sunday. I try and get these chapters out on a weekly basis.

Hmm...so we're ending on a more ominous note than it was originally. Gives me some idea of what to expect for the sequel

11249349
Yeah, I wasn't completely satisfied with the way the original ended. So, I took this opportunity to change some stuff.

VERY anxious for the sequel!! ^^

“Mark my words, Sunny Starscout,” Luster said, weakening as her body moved ever closer to death, “even if you defeat me today…another will rise. Scarlet Wing shall…never…be…ended…”

11248541
so will FRIENDSHIP

Login or register to comment