• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 1,928 Views, 21 Comments

Software - loopertooper



A sitcomish story based on the 5 browser ponies.

  • ...
2
 21
 1,928

Apple Bytes

“BZZZZ!” Ivy jumps from here bed.

“No I don’t arrow in the knee… what, who am I?” The slow mare shuffled up and looked at the monitor of her computer. “… It crashed again.” Ivy shrugged and smiled. “Guess I’ll try for the 7th time, as they all say, troll.” Ivy beat her breast in pride. She started up the update again. “What is breakfast?” Ivy stopped to think about this dilemma. She conjured the screen in front of her and looked up what “breakfast” is. “FOOD!” She backed away in amazement. “No, it can’t be… THAT’S IMMPOSSIBLE!” Ivy grabbed the end of her bed and held on as though she was falling.

“ERROR!” Breaking Ivy’s trance was this computer’s mistake; she picked it up and threw it out the window.

“BREAKFAST IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR CONSTANT ERROR, THING!” The ponies outside looked at Ivy in disbelief. She looked out, waving to the ponies. “I’m hungry.” She turned and went downstairs to her kitchen. Her kitchen was a mess, complete with a microwave, a stove, and a blender; all in disrepair. The only things that worked were the fridge and the freezer. Some food stain complemented the old style of the wood. “TOAST!” Ivy jumped and opened her fridge, grabbed the bread and stopped. “How do I make toast… TOASTER!” She rummaged through a closet of broken cooking utensils. “*sniff*. I don’t own a toaster.” Ivy smirked evilly. “Even if I had a toaster, I could mess up. Maybe I should ask a better cook to make my toast.” She ran out, carrying a bag of bread in her mouth.

Ivy galloped around Ponyville looking for a cook she can exploit as a helping hand. Ivy galloped and galloped, to no avail. Then she heard crying coming from a nearby alleyway. “Oh somepony must have crashed, dear Celestia I know the feeling of crashing.” She went into the alley to find no other than… a Box!

“Whose there?” The Box cried out.

“Oh, mister or miss Box, did you crash?” Ivy pet Box.

“What… crash?” Box sniffled.

“Oh, Boxy, it’s okay. No need for tears. Now tell me, did another box make fun of you?” Ivy took a seat next to Boxy.

“What are you talking about? Who in Celestia are you?” Ivy was taken aback.

“Boxy, don’t curse, your parents would be upset if they knew their little Boxy Foxy was crying and cursing.” At the mention of parents, Boxy cried out.

“I WISH I NEVER RAN AWAY!” Boxy cried out to Ivy, bursting and embracing Ivy to soften the emotions that she felt.

“OH MY GOD… you’ve grown into a pony!” Applebloom embraced Ivy in tears.

“APPLEJACK AND BIG MAC HATE ME!” Applebloom choked in her tears. “I JUST WANT TO HELP!” Finally Applebloom stopped crying and looked at Ivy with wide eyes.

“Why? Why do they hate you?” Ivy nurtured the scared and wounded Applebloom.

“I stole the apples and ran the stand without Applejack or Big Mac. Also I didn’t leave a message and scared AJ and Granny Smith.” Applebloom sniffled and hung her head in quilt.

“Why don’t you apologize?” Applebloom looked up at Ivy’s caring eyes.

“I tried, but they won’t listen. I’ll stay in this alley all my life, that way I’m not a burden.” Applebloom backed off.

“APPLEBLOOM!” Applejack raced the corner and jumped into the alleyway. “What ‘r you doing here?”

“She is sad that she hurt your feelings and scared you when she tried to sell some of the apples. Please don’t be angry and can you make me some breakfast?” Ivy asks.

“Wait what? You want breakfast? Okay, but first Applebloom please come home. We were mad at first, but we all miss you. Also you did make many sales and we thought that you could run the stand alone, but you have to tell us when you leave so we don’t worry about you.” Applejack smiles and Applebloom’s eyes lit up. She jumped up and embraced Applejack.

“Yay now I get the mystical breakfast.” Ivy jumped towards Applejack, who dodged.

“Oh yeah I think I could whip something up for ya’ back at the farm, come on.” So Ivy, Applebloom and Applejack all went towards the farm for family and for breakfast.

“Is it true that breakfast is the first meal of the day?” Ivy trots alongside her chef.

“Well yeah, Ivy, because it’s the first meal we eat after we sleep. It is part of its name too, Break-Fast. Fast is to not eat for an allotted amount of time, so when we sleep we fast. So the first meal “breaks the fast” so breakfast.” Applejack turns to find Ivy. Ivy, overwhelmed by Applejack’s words, stopped mid-way to think in fear. Ivy swayed, repeating all the words she didn’t understand.

“It is part of its name too, Break-Fast. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?”

“Umm, Ivy is everything okay?” Applejack brushed Ivy’s mane.

“Ivy we’re here, you know for your breakfast.” Applebloom paced around Ivy’s body.

“WHAT IS BREAKFAST?” Ivy has fallen back to square one. She is lost, confused, and hungry.

“Food Ivy, breakfast is food.” Ivy’s eyes open widely at the philosophical landmark that Applejack has just made.

“FOOD! I LIKE FOOD!” Ivy kissed the ground where the philosopher standing in front of her. Applejack, now being praised as a goddess, leads her followers towards the Shrine of the Sacred Apple. Even Applebloom joins Ivy in the praising Applejack.

Once the trio reaches the farm, Big Mac and Granny Smith embrace Applebloom.

“Alright, Ivy I’ll go make ya’ some pie. Just wait out here, okay?” Ivy sits instantly and bows to her goddess. Applejack sighs and walks into the Shrine of the Apple to make the mystical breakfast.

“She is making food for me, and then I won’t be hungry. PRAISE GODDESS APPLEJACK!” Ivy continued the praising her goddess, with Applebloom who has been officially converted to the Religion of the Apple. After about thirty minutes, Goddess Applejack came back out with… 2 PIES! “2… 2… 2… 2… 2 PIES FOR ME and other people, maybe!”

“For helping us get Applebloom back, you deserve two.” Applejack kicked her hoof and crossed it over her other hoof in pride. Applebloom and Ivy jumped to the hooves of the goddess and kiss the ground where Goddess Applejack stands. So Ivy, Applebloom, and the other members of the Apple family, to Ivy’s dismay.

After eating Ivy waves to the Apple family, and leaves a donation for her goddess Applejack and the Shrine of the Apple. So Ivy went home, and started the update again.

“Good Night computer, and if you fail, you will end up like your friend outside, alright?” Ivy put a knife to the monitor, and then went to bed.




“BZZT! ERROR!” Ivy’s eyes snap open. She grabs her knife.

“I WARNED YOU!”