• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 669 Views, 2 Comments

Forces of Nature - DrZed



A Dimension jumping team of heroes gets dumped in Equestria.

  • ...
 2
 669

Everfree Exodus

Sergeant Ocher steps forward, "It's pretty clear we can't hold you if you don't want us to. For now though I request that you stay with the squad. Your actions seem to have no ill intent, so if you come peaceably, I will vouch for you."

Derpy nods, "I trust them."

Berry turns her head and faces the Guard, "Me too. I wouldn't be breathing if it weren't for them. That lousy gryphon who got us to go out there is responsible."

Slaytor grimaces, "Too bad he went down the drain."

Ocher blinks. "Down the drain?"

Dawn picks up Sarge in her magic and sets him on her back. Sarge settles in and closes up, locking into place. "The gryphon they are talking about used magic to open a tear in space, also known as a wormhole. That wormhole was linked to something similar that was in the dimension we came from. The same gryphon escaped through the wormhole he summoned."

"You're aliens? But you look like ponies!" Ocher looks confused.

Zed nods, "One side effect of dimensional travel, foreign life forms have to synch up with the native frequency of the dimension they arrive in. It's a painful process, where the physiology changes to match the life forms already native. Basically anything that goes to another dimension transforms into something similar to a creature that already lives there. It seems Ponies are the primary higher life form in .... what do you call this place?"

Ocher rubs his forehead, "You're in Equestria. And this is a lot to consider. I need to dispatch a message to the princesses as soon as possible. Let's get out of this cursed forest, and get to Ponyville." he about faces, "Night Guard! Form up! Doubletime!"

The guards lead the way out of the forest, Derpy and the four following, Taurence carrying Berry Punch.

Berry giggles and nuzzles into Taurence's neck giving it a squeeze with her forelegs, "Yer Kinda cute."

Taurence blushes, "Ah appreciate that ma'am, but we should get you checked out at the hospital."

Berry sighs softly and snuggles in. "This is nice."

Slaytor snickers, "And I thought I had a way with the ladies."

Taurence shoots him a glare.

Dawn giggles.

-

The forest ends and the group steps out onto the pristine pastoral paradise that is Ponyville proper. The rising sun shines warmly on them and the rolling fields and forests that surround the town.

Dawn smiles, "It's beautiful!" She looks around as she trots along.

Fifi hops off Dawn's head, takes wing and glides into the air.

Taurence smirks at Slaytor, "Wanna try flying, hothead? you got plenty of room for it now."

Slaytor blinks, "Huh? Oh right I have wings... I guess that means I can fly...." he stretches out his wings, "Hey Ocher? Mind if I get some flying training with one of your air force?"

Sgt Ocher blinks, "I suppose... "Bolt Cutter! Wind Shear! Front and Center!"

The Pegasi guards come up, "Yes Sir!"

"Give Mr. Grenade here some rudimentary flight instruction." Ocher points at Slaytor with a hoof.

Bolt Cutter blinks. "You're serious."

Ocher nods, "Absolutely... He's all yours. Show him the ropes." he winks.

Understanding dawns and Bolt Cutter grins. "Ahh... Yes sir!"

Slaytor approaches the two. "Ok let's go."

The three separate from the group, Bolt talking to Slaytor as he stretches his wings and shows some basic exercises. Wind Shear on slaytor's other side.

Zed approaches Ocher, "Are there books on local history, government and etiquette that we can study?"

Ocher nods, "I need to send a report to Canterlot, and the Library has the fastest way to do that."

Dawn perks, "Library?"

Ochre nods, "I don't see any problem with going there as long as we are with you. But first we need to deliver Berry to Ponyville hospital"

Derpy nods, "I'll stay with her."

"Good." Ocher nods then barks out, "Troops! Ponyville hospital! Move out!"

The group alters direction, angling toward a large white building near the edge of town.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment