• Published 2nd Jan 2022
  • 517 Views, 17 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season XI - DakariKingMykan

  • ...
68
 17
 517

Episode 16: Fashionable Sense

EPISODE SIXTEEN

Flying through the cosmos in a small, but functional starship, someone was making their way towards United Equestria on an urgent mission, traveling along a magical pathway for maximum speed.

They were forced to stop at another nearby planet Starfleet forced lived and worked on, as part of an intergalactic border.

No one was allowed to go near Planet United Equestria without appropriate authorization. No one could be too careful of sinister alien espionage.

“Your story checks out, and your papers are in order.” reported the guard “You may proceed.”

The ship was soon launched back into space on another pathway, and the Starfleet border guards sent a message to United Equestria.


Meanwhile, at Carousel boutique, Rarity was admiring her reflection on a shiny surface. “Hello me…” she cooed, and she proceeded to polish the surface of the object, and then she added long silky sleeves, a long flowing skirt complete with a lovely sash tied in back.

By the time she was finished, she had created a perfect replica of her silver armor vest. It wasn’t completely like hers, it had no super powers and could not really withstand battles, but she had been inspired to take the vest and add to it producing new dresses and gowns to show off the silver of the vest.

Finally she had her new designs on display, and customers were eager to buy them and place orders for others. Even Starla, bought one, so did Tree Hugger, Fluttershy, and even Pear Butter bought one.

She was thinking of buying a second one for Applejack.

“Ma, come on…” she groaned. “You know I ain’t all about frills and sparkles and stuff.”

Her mother giggled, “Well, it’s about time you did. It’s one of the best ways there is to snatch yourself a bright-looking stallion.”

Applejack sighed, but Applebloom giggled, “You could stand to look a bit prettier, sis.”

Her sister only gave her a stern expression.


Tree Hugger came out from behind the curtain in her new dress.

“Hmmm…” Buddy said in an awe expression. “You look fantastic, dear.”

“You think so?” his wife playfully asked while fluttering her eyes at him, making her husband turn redder than ever-- with bashfulness.

DD liked it too, but her only criticism was, “Could make the vest a different color. I mean… all silver? I prefer red myself.”

Suddenly, there was a hot whistle, coming from Rhymey as he admired Fluttershy in her dress.

“That dress looks lovely on you.
I think it’s beautiful, really I do.”

Fluttershy spun round as she gazed at herself in the mirrors around her.

“Well, it does make me look like a queen,
But I’d like the vest in yellow, or green.”

That’s when Rarity had an announcement to make.

“Ladies and Gentlemen…” she announced “Allow me to demonstrate the special feature to my newest creation.”

She then stood upon her fashion stage, wearing the dress herself. All the spotlights shone on her, and once she was certain all the patrons were watching, she demonstrated an astounding ability in the vest, which she had enchanted with a magical tinting-spell. By simply rubbing the vest with your hands and thinking of the exact color you desires, its color would instantly change…

From Silver to Red… to Yellow… to Blue… and sorts of colors and even cool designs, such as plaid or sparkling!

Now those who initially thought against the dress had changed their minds. Why even men who were present though of buying some for their wives or special mare-friends.

When the shop had quieted down, and all the customers had gone. Rarity was very surprised, but not just by the profit she had made in that single afternoon, but the fact that something she had created was so remarkable that it sold like hotcakes.”

“Oh, Spike, isn’t it wonderful.” Rarity exclaimed. “I could start a whole new style with all this. I could call it “Starfleet Sensationals.”

“I like them.” said Spike. “Really, I do.” Then he looked down at little Twilight in his arms. “What do you think of Mommy’s new trend?”

Twilight only cooed and giggled.

Rarity took at as a compliment, and she pecked her daughters little head. “Thank you darling.” And then she shared a loving kiss with her husband. “And thank you, especially, Spike.”

“I’m always here for you, hon.” he said to her. “…At least I want to be.”

They were about to share another kiss, when there was a knock at the shop door, causing the couple to nearly bonk heads.

Rarity approached the door and called in a polite and professional voice, “I’m sorry, but we are closed.”

That’s when a voice called to her, “We would like to see the owner of this establishment.” called an unfamiliar voice.

Rarity peaked through the door’s peephole, and saw an unusual creature-- definitely an alien.

He had lavender skin, and had a large nose, chunky lips, and yellowish hair. He also had three arms-- two on each side, and one sticking out from his chest. He was very well dressed though—in a sparkling golden jacket with matching pants.

Next to him were two ladies of the same species, but one had green skin with pink hair, wearing an indigo dress with a silver skit, and the other was orange skinned with red hair, wearing a shiny purple uniform.

Rarity would have been shocked or frightened had it not been for sentries standing with the strangers, and one of them held up a permission slip with the royal crest and Starfleet Insignia on it, showing that the aliens meant no harm and granted permission by their royal majesties.

Rarity allowed them to enter, and the male alien looked around the shop, and spoke in a tone that only someone of high fashion would use. “Oh, my…! Oh, my heavens, my stars! This place, it simply screams of integrity! So many tastes and sensational inspiration…!”


He stopped when one of his assistants motioned over at the family.

“I beg your pardon, but who are you?” asked Spike.

Rarity nodded, also wanting an answer.

The creature flicked his coat, and the ladies did a small motion pose behind him. “I am Sardosis, and I have traveled a long way from the Planet Huetak.”

“Huetak?!” exclaimed Rarity. “Come from Huetak?!”

Spike recalled the name too. “I remember reading about that: Starfleet had established contact with another planet where the race of people whom were considered to be fashion experts of the galaxy.”

Rarity remembered this all too well, and she had dreamed of visiting the planet herself, but she never got the chance what with her busy schedules and Starfleet and everything.

“Why have you come to see me?” she asked.

Sardosis cleared his throat, “Perhaps we should speak alone. I have a very incredible offer for you.”

Rarity felt her insides beginning to crazy that a Huetakian wanted to speak business with her.

Spike decided to take Twilight out for a little stroll to give his wife time alone with the aliens.


An hour later they had returned. The aliens had gone, and Rarity was sitting on the sofa in the living room looking a little down in the dumps.

“Rarity, what’s the matter?” he asked as he set Twilight down in her playpen.

His wife looked up at him and said, “…Sardosis offered me a job.”

She explained how the Huetakians had heard stories of Rarity’s works-- from the Starfleet outpost on Huetak-- one of the female officers who bought many of her clothes from the boutique, and even having old magazine covers of Rarity’s features.

Sardosis was sent to United Equestria to offer Rarity a job as a head fashion designer for Huetak. which would guarantee her more publicity all over the galaxy and lead her to becoming one of the greatest designers in all the cosmos.

“You’ll be adored by many and all races everywhere.” he explained to her, and of course such a thought to Rarity made her feel lighter than air.

Being a well-known fashionista on her home-planet was already an honor, but this-- “The best in the Galaxy?!”


“Rarity, that’s amazing…!” cried Spike. “You’re lucky to be given such an offer.” but then he remembered and noticed again how sad his wife looked. She even shed a little tear.

“Y-Yes… I’m… lucky!” she sobbed softly “…But it’s not that simple.”

Spike was starting to not like where this was going…!


…And later on, he had left his wife to have some time to herself while he talked it over with Lightning and Starla.

“Leave Starfleet?!” Starla exclaimed.

Lightning was equally as shocked.

Spike nodded regretfully “The job will be so big, and so demanding… Rarity and I would have to relocate to Planet Huetak to be closer to demand.”

Lightning and Starla looked at each other with deep concern.

“I just left Rarity alone to give her time to think this over, but…” Spike paused “… I think she’s even more split over this than I am.”

He looked down at his golden dream band. “We can’t just leave the force; especially now of all times, but Rarity… she’s always dreamed of being the greatest fashion designer well-known. An offer like this doesn’t happen much.”

Still, Spike wanted an answer that even he knew that neither he, nor Lightning or Starla could answer.

“No one is forced to join or stay in Starfleet.” said Lightning. “And while it is true, we need you guys more than ever to help fight the nightmares. It’s really all up to Rarity in the end.”

Spike sighed. Whatever Rarity would decide would affect him, especially, but he knew it was best to leave her to think it over.


Rarity had sent their majesties a letter telling them of the possibility of her resignation.

They looked equally as concerned and felt deeply about this.

“Rarity can’t just quit the force; not now.” said Celestia.

Grand Ruler shook his head, “It isn’t up to us, I’m afraid. My soldiers are free to resign if they wish to; especially if they feel they now serve a new calling.”

Celestia was aware of this, “But still, leave the planet. Oh, Celesto… the poor dear must be heart-torn.”

Her husband agreed, “Pressuring her will only make it worse. She needs to time to make up her mind, but only she can do what feels right in the end.”



Unbeknownst to them, the children were around the corner eavesdropping on the conversation.

They had heard everything, and they didn’t like the idea of Rarity and Spike leaving. They were very fond of the family.

They both remembered having a dream where they spoke to Arien about things like this…


“Arien, are dreams that important?” asked Castor.


Arien spoke deeply and softly, “They can be the most important things of all.

Dreams give us insight of who we are, and what we want to be. Without dreams, there wouldn’t be much to live about?”

The children shuddered at the thought of a world without dreams.

“But still…” said Leilani “…Why do some people give up on their dreams? If it’s something they’ve always wanted, why do they just abandon them?”

Arien closed his eyes and fell silent for a moment. “Sometimes, to make a dream come true, it can take a lot of effort. Some simply feel that they cannot accomplish such feats, and others feel that while they are able to, the price and the cost of making it is too much to bear.

Thus: their dreams go unfulfilled, but in the end… it is always the decision of dreamers that decide the fate of the dream of itself.”


The children snapped back to reality; now concerned for Rarity even more.

“Rarity has a chance to make it really big.” said Castor.

“Yes,” agreed Leilani “But it means letting go of Starfleet, her friends, he home, and some of her family-- a price that could be too much to pay”

The children were taught better by their parents not to interfere with other affairs. It wasn’t as if they could leave and go to New Ponyville themselves anyway-- they were too young to travel far alone.

“I wish Arien could talk to Rarity too.” said Castor.

His sister agreed, “But he told us as much; “Only those who dream can decide for themselves.”

The children still felt sad and worried, but in the end they hoped whatever Rarity decided would make her and others happy.


At the School of Nightmares,

Zadovia had called an assembly for all the students and staff to witness an incredible new product the sewing club had produced.

Mash did not seem all too thrilled as he grumbled. “Who wants to see a boring fashion show anyway?”

“I do.” replied Magi “The sewing club is always up to magical terrors.”

Emcee agreed, “The world of fashion is a world of science; in its own strange way.”

The head of the sewing club was a teacher named, Ms. Seams.

She was a fairly beautiful but terrifying creature. With red skin, and a stiches that made up her mouth, and large beads for eyes. Her hair was long, and black like sewing threads, with pins and needles sticking out.

She wore a simple skirt, with an apron containing small sewing accessories, like scissors, pin-cushions., and even large knitting needles.

Seams called to the crowd. “Behold the latest design, hot off the tables.” and she held up nothing more than a simple black vest.

The crowds fell silent.

“That’s your great creation?” Mash asked in disbelief. “I had to cancel tryouts just to see that?”

Even Zadovia was unimpressed, and she tapped her pointer in such a manner. “There had better be something more to this, Ms. Seams.”

“Oh, there is, Headmistress. Observe what happens when a volunteer wears this…”

She looked at the three head teachers, and while Magi and Emcee seemed eager to try it first, Seams noticed Mash with his bored expression; knowing fully-well he had no taste for fashion-- being a sports trainer… she tossed the vest, which magically wrapped itself around him.

“Hey! What are you doing?” Mash growled. “Get this piece of cloth off me!”

Seams only snickered, and her beady-eyes began to glow, and at the same time Mash raised both his arms.

“Huh?” he wailed, and he suddenly began to wave his arms round and around, and he started marching towards the others.

“What are you doing?!” bellowed Magi.

“I… I can’t stop!” cried Mash. “I mean it! I’m not doing this!!” Then it dawned on him, “…It’s this vest!”

Suddenly, he punched his own face with each of his fists, and knocked himself over to the ground, making all the staff and students laugh at him.

Zadovia held in a chuckle, and then cleared her throat. “Don’t tell me you plan to use this on Starfleet?” she asked. “The Golden Powers of Arien will shield them from the vests control for certain.”

Seams then spoke to her. “Ah, but imagine it, headmistress. While it will not work on the fighters themselves, imagine Starfleet having to fight against the very people they are swore to protect.”

“Hmm… interesting.” remarked Zadovia. Then she shouted, “Mash!!”

Mash looked up from the floor, “Yes… Boss…?”

“Escort Seams on her mission.”

“What… Me…?!”

“Him?!” groaned the other two ladies.

Zadovia began to look cross. “Yes. Magi and Emcee seem to have some tastes in fashion, and it’s time you did as well.

Now go!”

Seams flicked her hair, and made the vest force Mash to get up and follow her, much to his chagrin.

Magi and Emcee were both grumpy, feeling that he was lucky to be going, despite his reluctance.


Rarity spent much of the afternoon completely lost. She had weighed it all together, but she still couldn’t make up her mind.

“No matter which I choose, I’ll lose something.” she said to herself. “I couldn’t bear to leave all my dear friends, and my family.”

She envisioned the faces of all her friends and loved ones. At least she would still have Spike and Twilight with her.

That’s when her mind changed again to thinking how wonderful it would be to be well-known and celebrated in fashion throughout the galaxy, and the odds of ever getting another offer were not very good.

She began to sing softly to herself as she paced around her empty shop.

(Music at 19:45)

How can I decide which path that I should take?
Which one… Which way; when either way is tough?
Every time I think, all I really get is one big headache
I hurt inside, and it’s not fun. It only makes it rough.
I’ve got to make a choice real quick, but I don’t know just what to pick.
How can I chose, how can I say, to pick a path that’s the right way?

I could go off to Huetak…
And be a fashion star
Praised all over the cosmos,
My name would reach real far.

I’ll make dresses bright as sunshine,
And dance at balls at night.
I’ll make so much money,
It all just feels so right!

That’s a life I’ve dreamed that would be,
But is that choice the right one for me?


Can’t there be a way of making up my mind?
I have to… I’ve got to; and I have to do it now.
The longer that I’m like this, it breaks me, it shakes me.
I want to make the right choice, but I really don’t know how.
I’ve got to make a choice real quick, but I don’t just what to pick.
How can I chose, how can I say, to pick a path that’s the right way?

I could stay here as I am…
With friends that I adore
making fashion part of the time,
and remember what I fight for.
I’m an officer, and I have honor so great.
I can’t just up and leave them at any rate.

But do I just give up on my dream?
That feels low as popping a seam.


How can I choose only one of the two?
I just don’t know what I’m going to do.

She sat alone on the couch as the song ended, and she suddenly jumped back up onto her feet when she heard the front door open.

Spike nearly jumped to. “It’s only me.”

“Oh, Spike!” panted Rarity. “Forgive me, darling; I was miles away.”

Spike didn’t need to ask; she obviously hadn’t made her decision yet.

He moved closer to his wife and said with deep sincerity. “Look, I think won’t help you a bit, but I want you to know…” he paused “…Whatever you decide, I’m with you.”

Rarity was stunned. “Spike? But, if I do decide to leave, then what happens to you? You’d have to give up your own dreams, your own happiness. I could never ask you to do that.”

Spike shook his head, “And you wouldn’t be.”

Their eyes met, and Spike was blushing. “You are my dreams and happiness-- you and Twilight.”

He motioned over at the mantle over the fireplace where several family photos were, including their wedding day, and the day they brought baby Twilight born. There was even another picture of the three of them after Rarity became half dragon.

Rarity’s cheeks went pink, and she looked down at her wedding ring, and felt her smooth, then scaly arm.


Spike the said to his wife, “All I want is for you to be happy, Rarity. Whatever you decide, I’ll support you.”

Rarity was flattered deeply, but just as deeply shaken up worse than ever as she embraced her husband.

She still didn’t know what to decide.


The couple were so wrapped up and lost in the warmth of their embrace; they didn’t hear the alarms sound until baby Twilight began to cry, from being woken from her nap.

Then there was a knock at the door. “Spike, Rarity…!” Lightning called “There’s a dream field heading this way! Shake a leg now!!”

The couple bolted up off the sofa and zoomed to the door.

Starla was outside with Shining Light, and offered to look after Twilight as well while the others entered the dream field.

“We’ll be back soon.” Lightning promised his wife, and then he and the others transformed.

“Starfleet Magic!”

“Harmony Hour, Friendship Power!”

“Dragon Power!”

Then they headed off, and could see the rapidly approaching dreaming field covering New Ponyville Plaza.

“The Huetakians!!” cried Rarity “They were visiting town! They could be caught in the field!”

The trio made their way through the field, emerging in the darkness of the zone, where they quickly engaged their Dream Modes, and right away they saw Mash.

Mash, still wearing, his vest glared at the oncoming fighters. “About time you showed up. I was hoping you’d be beaten by now.”

“That will never happen.” insisted Lightning.

He was about to call to the others to rush in and attack, when suddenly a whole bunch of civilians popped in out of nowhere; all kinds of ponies, and even a couple of Minotaur, and a griffon or two, and the Huetakians were among them.

“What the--” snapped Spike, and that was all he could he could get out before they started charging at the fighters, forcing the trio to leap up into the air.

“What are you all doing?” shouted Lightning.

“Help us, please!” cried a pony.

“We can’t control ourselves!” wailed another.

Those that could fly began to soar straight up at the team, rushing at them, forcing the fighters to dodge.

“It’s got to be those weird vests controlling them.” suggested Rarity.

“You are correct!” called a sinister voice, and then when the evil monster appeared. She was so hideous, Rarity nearly felt sick to her stomach. “This is your fashion work?!”

Seams nodded, “It is-- and it will guarantee your destruction. After all, you dare not attack the very beings you are sworn to protect.”

The fighters cringed. Even though the civilians were not nearly as strong as they were and couldn’t harm them, they would still hurt their selves just trying to attack them, which made it not really any different from striking the creatures themselves.

“And if you think you can try and capture the people and imprison them, think again.” hollered Mash. “Seams made this material extra special so it makes all who wear it impervious to that trick of yours.”

Lightning growled, but then balked, “That still doesn’t mean we can’t contain them!”

Rarity and Spike agreed, but just as Rarity and Spike were about to cast magical and unforce barriers to trap the people in…

Her bead-eyes glowed brightly, and the civilians on the ground suddenly turned away from gawking at the team, and began to turn towards each other.

All at once, they were starting to fight each other.

“No!!” cried Lightning.

Spike and Rarity gasped.

Sardosis was punched in the arm by one of his own female assistants

“Hey!” he groaned. “Watch the tweeds! This jacket is custom made!”

His only response to that was a slap from his other assistant.


“Stop them!” shouted Spike.

The trio rushed in with their super speed and scooped up one civilian at a time, back and forth, separating them.

The civilians did try to punch and kick them, hurting themselves in the process.

Mash and Seams laughed. “Seems that your ideas are unraveling fast!” Seams joked. “You destroy your very people or they destroy themselves. Either way, your best option is to surrender!”

“NEVER!” the trio shouted.

“Oh, well…” hissed Mash “Have it your way.” and he motioned at Seams…

She nodded at him and made the civilians go crazy! Some went after the trio while others began to move towards each other, ready to beat each other to death.

Spike deduced, “Those vests-- we’ve got to get those vests off them.”

Lightning had a different idea, “We really need to destroy the monster. She’s controlling the vests. We can cancel them out.”

“I believe that is far easier said than done.” cried Rarity.

She was right, the civilians were still coming at them from the air, and those on the ground were still moving in to wail on each other. This made it extremely difficult to concentrate on their target, and even still what was to stop Seams from controlling the civilians to acting as a shield for her.

The fighters just couldn’t risk the people and their safety.

Mash was very impressed as he saw the fighters still trying to fruitlessly break the civilians away from each other.

“I got to hand it to you, Seamy, I underestimated you. There’s no way these creeps can keep this up for long.”

Seams nodded, “And that’s not all-- the longer my vests stay on those civilians, the more the dream power is sapped from them.”

She then scowled, “It’s a pity that none of them have anything about the golden sword.”

Then she looked at Mash. “Why are you just hanging around? Get in there and help!”

Mash looked ready to explode. “Now wait just a minute--” was all he got our before Seams began to control him as well.

“Oh, no…! Not again…?” Mash wailed as he felt himself, against his control, marching into action, and blowing his sonic whistle.

“Look out!” shouted Lightning! He quickly put up a wall of Uniforce to block the waves, but this still didn’t stop the civilians from coming at him, or the others, or wanting to beat on each other.

“We need backup!” cried Spike.

Mash, still under control of the vest, grabbed hold of an innocent mare in his huge arms and ready to crush her.

“Put her down!” demanded Lightning and he rushed over to attack, he got blocked off by the two Minataur, but he quickly zipped past them and snatched the mare away from Mash.

Unfortunately, the mare began to pound at Lightning with her fists, hurting her hands in the process while dealing Lightning no damage.

“Commander, I’m sorry!” she cried “I can’t stop! It hurts!!”

Lightning hated this very deeply, but he then got an idea. “Oh, of course…!” and he called over to Rarity. “Let’s try a new fashion trend!” and he set the mare down on the ground, and the cast uniforce bindings around her wrists and ankles, binding her to the ground so she couldn’t get up or flail her fists.

“Ah…!” cried Rarity.

She then faced down the Huetakians as they charged at her. “Try these on for size!” and she cast magical bindings around their talons and wings, binding them to the ground like the mare.

“Oof! That hurt!” groaned Sardosis, but then he actually admired his bindings “Ooh, but I loves these bright colors.”

His lady assistants agreed.

Even Rarity thought they were too much, but she and Lightning worked swiftly and soon had all the civilians, even the Minotaur and the Griffons pinned to the ground in bindings.

“Hey! You can’t do this! It isn’t fair!” whined Seams.

“Looks like you didn’t have enough fashion sense.” mocked Rarity.

“Huh!” scoffed Mash. “I knew you’d blow this.”

Seams growled at him, but she wasn’t about to go down this easily!

“You have outsmarted my vests, but I’m still all pins and needles!”

Grabbing a load of needles out from her pockets, she pitched them at the fighters like bullets from a gun, hitting the fighters and making sparks fly.

“My turn!” growled Mash, now in control of his own actions. He was ready to blow his whistle again.

“…No, you don’t!” snapped Lightning as he quickly jumped in and tackled him hard and sent him crashing into a shrub. “I’ll get you!!”

The two began to brawl hard, punching and kicking like crazy. Mash was certainly fast for a big fella, but at least Lightning was keeping him well-distracted so Spike and Rarity could deal with Seams.

“Let’s get her!” shouted Rarity.

“I’m with you!” replied Spike.

“Ha!” scoffed Seams, “Let’s wrap things up!” and she extended her long threads of hair, ensnaring the two fighters hard and squeezing them tight.

“Rarity!” wailed Spike.

“I can… hardly… breathe!” choked Rarity.

Both of them were squeezed so tightly, they couldn’t try to breathe any fire to burn through the threads.

Seams tightened her grip even harder while laughing, “Time to cut this short!” and she grabbed a huge pair of scissors, with magical blades that extended like a sword.

Lightning looked up, “What?! Oh, no!” he cried, only then for Mash to bash him right across the face with his fist.

Mash then approached him while chuckling and readying himself for a huge body slam. “COWABUNGA!!” he shouted as he leapt up high, but Lightning quickly dodged, causing Mash to slam the ground making a large quake, which even shook Seams off balance.

“Hey! Hey! Watch it…!”

In doing so, her grip on the duo loosened, enough for Rarity to use her horn to blast Seams hard, knocking her down and releasing herself and Spike from bondage.

“Good work, guys!” Lightning called, but then he quickly was forced to get up and fight as Mash came at him again.


Rarity and Spike rushed in…

Spike slashed at Seams with his sword, striking her hard, and Rarity gave her a double slash with her claws.

Seams was infuriated and shouted “I’ll stitch you both up… after I break you to bits!!”

She extended her threads again.

“I think not!” shouted Rarity! She then unleashed her dragon flames, and Spike did too; roasting the threads to ashes, and blowing Seams back hard.

“Get her, Spike!” hollered Rarity.

“You got it!” her husband replied. “DRAGON KNIGHT SABER, IGNITE!”

With his sword flaming brightly, he slashed the evil creature, making her wail and screech before she fell over and exploded. Even she as a teacher, vanished into a dream bubble, and burst.

“Seams!!” shouted Mash. His shock and horrors didn’t last very long, as the black vest he was wearing vanished, but his horror returned quickly as all the other vests vanished and the Dream Field began to collapse.

Lightning powered up, and he gave Mash a huge blast of Uniforce, sending him up, up, up, towards the opening in the field.

“I’ll be back!!” Mash roared, and he vanished before exiting the field, which would have been very serious for him since dreams could not exist outside of the fields.

Lightning clenched his fists, but he was just relieved the danger was over when the field had vanished completely.

Still, many of the civilians were hurt from trying to attack the fighters, and wailing on each other.

“Let’s get these creatures to the hospital.”

Spike and Rarity agreed.


Back at the School…

Mash was brought to Zadovia in her office, and she was most displeased. He groveled and begged for mercy.

“Boss…! I’m really sorry, but things just happened. Ms. Seams is gone, I know I could have helped but… but I… I just…”

Zadovia pounded her desk angrily, frightening him, and rather than zap him or sentence him to a humiliating punishment, she merely sneered and hissed deeply at him “Just get out of my sight!”

Feeling a slight touch of relief, Mash sheepishly retreated backwards and out of the office.

He met up with Magi and Emcee in the Teacher’s Lounge.

“Sounds like you got off pretty easy.” said Magi. “I would have sworn she would have at least made you teach the sewing class.”

The two ladies chuckled, but Mash was not the least bit amused.

“Sure, laugh it up.” he grouched. “It’s not Zadovia I’m worried about; it’s that other boss of ours.”

“Lady Phantasma?” asked Emcee “Come to think of it, I’d really like to wonder what she has planned for the future. We may not have the sword, but I’m sure all the dream energy we obtain pleases her just as much.”


She was right…

In her private lair behind Zadovia’s office, the evil creature lay silent within the shadows, snickering softly. “The time slowly draws near!” she hissed. “Once I have what I need, none will be able to stop me.”



Meanwhile, thanks to Dr. Penny and her fellow doctors and nurses, the civilians were all healed and made well. They were very lucky have suffered only a few bruises and scratches.

Of course, the civilians and the fighters had no idea how to apologize to each other, but in the end it wasn’t really needed. The civilians couldn’t help attacking the officers, and the officers were sorry they got hurt, but thankfully it wasn’t too serious.

Rarity especially apologized to the Huetakians, especially since Sardosis third arm was in a sling until its bruising would heal.

“I can’t begin to tell you how sorry I am.”

Sardosis shook his head, “It isn’t your doing that this happened, and you still saved me, my assistants, and a great many others.”

Rarity felt grateful, and before she could get another word in, Sardosis cut her off, “And before you say it…” he paused “Perhaps it would be most-befitting if we postponed the offer I have given you… for now.”

Rarity felt shocked, as did Spike and Lightning.

“Oh, don’t look so shocked.” said Sardosis “I can already see for myself, you would have made this decision anyway.

You are much more needed here more than with us on Huetak, and as I have said: We can take time, and reconsider someday. Perhaps then things will not be as difficult.”

Rarity didn’t know whether to feel sad or pleased, and yet all she could say was “…Thank you for understanding.”

Lightning and Spike looked at each other with proud smiles.


With after exchanging final farewells, the Huetakians set back off for their home planet, leaving the trio to head back to Rarity’s place so Lightning could pick up Starla and Shining Light.

Rarity was awfully quiet.

“You okay?” asked Spike.

His wife looked up and smiled at him. “I’ll be just fine, Dear.”

Lightning said to her. “I’m glad you’re still with us on the force, but I know it must’ve been super hard to give up that dream of yours like that.”

Rarity shook her head, “I already am known throughout the galaxy. What I do to keep it safe and well is worth more to me than any riches or glory, especially with my friends and family by my side.”

She took Spike’s hand, and she smiled lovingly at him, and he back to her.

They reached Carousel Boutique, and as soon as they stepped inside…

“SURPRISE!!!”

It was all their friends, and even Rarity’s parents and Sweetie Belle. They had put together a little congratulatory party for Rarity… happy that she chose to stay.

Pinkie came bouncing by, throwing confetti around and shouting, “WA-HOO!! Glad you’re staying, Rarity.”

The trio, especially Rarity were confused as to how everyone else knew and put together all this.

“Wait a minute…” said Lightning, and he looked over at his wife “…Starla?”

Starla chuckled, “I had a feeling Rarity would have decided to stay, especially because we need her more than ever.

I also thought she’d feel a little upset about giving up on her dream, and that a nice party with all her friends would cheer her up and show how loved she is.”

Rarity had tears falling down her cheeks, “…I… I don’t know what to say?” she sobbed.

“Well I do,” said Sweetie Belle. “LET’S PARTY!”

“Hey, that’s my line.” joked Pinkie, but still it was a wonderful party to be had, and Rarity felt much loved, and much appreciated as promised.


(Promo)

In our next episode: The Cutie Mark Crusaders all fall in love with the same handsome pony, who turns out to be a bit of a player and out for a dream of his own, which puts a small strain on the girls’ friendship. Emcee decides to attack the school herself and make things far worse for everyone.

Will the Crusaders be able to settle their problem and help save their school from disaster?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Dream Hunk of Trouble”)