• Published 2nd Jan 2022
  • 517 Views, 17 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season XI - DakariKingMykan

  • ...
68
 17
 517

Episode 12: What in the Dream World...?

EPISODE TWELVE

Many attacks were unleashed upon United Equestria from the School of Nightmares.

So many Dream Fields…

So many victims having their dreams violated by Emcee, Mash, and Magi… and while they managed to gather vast amounts of dream energy for their forces, ultimately not one of them possessed the golden sword; what they really wanted.

Starfleet would always intervene-- armed with their ability to engage Dream-Mode-- forcing the minions to call forth one of their students. In the end, the monster was always defeated, in big explosions, and causing the nightmare bubble to burst and the minions would always retreat vowing vengeance.

“You haven’t heard the last of us!” shouted Emcee.

“We’ll get you all next time!” growled Mash.

“…That’s a promise!” insisted Magi.

They all vanished and were gone. The Dream field had vanished, and the civilians were all okay, but Lightning was frustrated as ever.

“You okay?” asked Krysta.

Lightning shook his head. “No matter how many times we beat them, we still don’t know what they really are, and where they come from. If we did we could stop them once and for all and end this already!”

A lot of his friends felt the same way.

“No sense in getting all worked up about it.” said Applejack.

Buddy agreed, “They’ll show themselves. They can’t hide forever.”

Lightning knew they were right, but it didn’t make him feel much better.



Meanwhile, the three teachers had returned to the School of Nightmares, which still remained undetected and unknown to everyone on the planet.

They bickered as they stomped down the hallways to the teacher’s lounge.

“It was all your fault!” Magi sneered at Emcee.

“Excuse me?! I wasn’t the one who backed away during the attack.”

“You’re both weak!” growled Mash. “You should build up your muscles more, like me.”

“Oh, right!” snapped Magi “Then we’d all be like you… all muscles and no brains!”

Mash looked ready to break a hole through the walls.


They passed by the Principal’s office, where, inside, Zadovia was fuming softly as she went over all the reports her minions had submitted to her-- all the reports of their failures and screw-ups.

She angrily swatted the stack of papers off her desk, and she crumpled up some and threw them into large torches that lined up the office.

“This is intolerable!” she grumbled. “After all this time, we’re still no closer to finding the sword! What sort of example are we setting for our students?”

Just then, a small glowing orb of light appeared before her, which made her look nervous. “Oh, no…!”

The orb flew up and behind her, and formed into a shadowy doorway, leading into a dark room.

Zadovia just entered it without a second thought, and she looked up at someone, or something that lay before her-- unseen from the angle where she stood.

An evil and feminine voice spoke softly but severely, “It is time that was talked, Zadovia.”

“Yes, Ma’am.” replied Zadovia.

Whoever this being was, she was obviously higher in authority than Zadovia was.

“My patience is wearing very thin, and I see that you are still no closer to obtaining the golden sword.”

“Respectfully, Madam…” said Zadovia “It is no easy task, especially with our enemies getting in the way, but we have succeeded in gathering vast amounts of power.”

There was a bright and eerie flaring before her, making her nearly jump in fright. The creature seemed very angry, but then calmed down.

“…Of this, I suppose I should be grateful,” she paused “But I suggest you up your curriculum if you hope to continue!

Fortunately for you, I am willing to provide you with such a chance.”

Zadovia looked intrigued.



That night, In New Canterlot, Castor and Leilani were all washed up and ready for bed, yet they were both standing at the window of their bedroom and looking up at the starry sky. They even saw their Aunt Luna flying high in the sky and making the moon rise, and while deep in the village, many places had gone dark as ponies went to bed, while others had their night jobs, and the guards were changing shifts.


…Really, the children’s minds were, once again, focussed on the Dream Knight. They could even see his picture in the starry sky.

They were snapped out of their trance when their parents came to tuck them into bed like the always did.

“There you go.” Celestai said as she soothing tucked her son in.

“You two have had a big day.” chirped Grand Ruler, but then he and his wife noticed the children seemed a little down again. “Is everything alright?”

The children looked up. “Well, we’re just a bit worried.” replied Castor.

“Oh, I see.” remarked Celestia “You hope we can chase off those bad guys so the planet won’t be in danger anymore.”

Leilani innocent answered, “Yes. It’s all we seem to think of.”

The parents smiled softly at their children. “We’ll get them, eventually; we always do.” said Grand Ruler, “But there is something you two can do to help.”

The children looked up curiously.

“Keep having faith…” said their mother. “It may not seem like much, but you give your father and me reasons to keep on battling. We want the world to be a much better place, not just for the two of you, but for everyone.”

Her husband nodded, and the children smiled… then they let out tiny yawns and snuggled down in bed.

Their parents pecked them each softly and bid them a warm goodnight before turning out the lights and leaving them to sleep.

Celestia shut the door to the bedroom quietly and her husband sighed. “Children… they grow up so fast. They just can’t wait to be all grown and strong.”

His wife agreed. “And once they’re all grown… they wish they were little again.”

The couple shared a chuckle, and then lovingly nuzzled cheek-to-cheek.


Later in the night, Castor and Leilani, once again, found themselves standing in that same world, and confronted by the Dream Knight himself.

“It’s you again.” said Castor.

The knight nodded at the little ponies. “This time I have called you both here.”

“You “called” us here?” asked Leilani. “You mean we aren’t just dreaming all this?”

The Knight answered, “In a way you are dreaming this, and in a way you also aren’t, but that’s not the point. I have called you both here, because I feel the time has come for me to show you…” he stopped there, and motioned for the children to follow him up to the altar where he used to stand in stone.

“What is it?” asked Castor.

“What do you want to show us?” added Leilani.

The Knight answered, “It has been a long time since I entrusted the two of you, and much has occurred since then.”

The kids looked up at him with an inspired gaze.

“Perhaps it is time I told you some things you wish to know.”

With that, he held out his arms, and the altar began to glow brightly, and rise up like an elevator.

The kids nervously held each other, but still remained curious at what they were about to see.

Suddenly, in a bright flash of light, they gazed in awe at the world before them…

Miles and miles of endless fields, soft rivers, glimmering skies, enchanted forests, and peaceful animals and sparkling lights fluttering through the air.

“It’s so beautiful.” said Leilani. “It is just keeps going on, and on… like it has no end.”

“What exactly is this world?” asked Castor.


The Knight explained slowly…

“This is World of Dreams; a place where dreams are created, and where they come to rest.

Dreams are one of the most magnificent things; for anything is possible in a dream. The laws of physics, nature, and even logic have no hold here, and from certain dreams… lives and futures can be determined.”

Tiny, soft clouds fluttered by the pedestal, and the kids could see that the clouds were dreams of other beings from United Equestria.

-One little Filly named Healing Touch, dreamed of being a doctor.

-Goldwin dreamed of finally becoming a real pony, and no longer restricted to staying in the palace.

-Their cousin, Princess Flurry Heart, even though she was three years old, she had a dream of becoming a beautiful adult princess, and marrying Lightning Dawn’s son, Shining Light--dreaming he was so handsome.

There were also dreams from all kinds of creatures from all over dimensions and universes alike.

“You see…” said the knight “No matter how different all beings are, the one thing they all have in common is the dreams they make and have…” he paused and reached up to remove his knight’s helmet allowing his long blonde hair to fall loosely, making him seem more dreamy and handsome than before

“…And I serve as the guardian of them all.”

The children couldn’t stop staring at him with such astonishment.

“So handsome…” Leilani said under her breath.

“…But… who are you?” asked Castor.

The man smiled at them both. “…My name is Arien.”

“Arien…?” the children said together.

Arien nodded at them. “I am also called Sir. Arien: The Great One. I am the guardian and protector of this world and the dreams that exist here.”

The kids were honored, but the bliss was suddenly ruined by the sky growing dark like it did the first time they ever came to this place.

“What’s happening?” asked Castor, but he got his answer as he saw wicked shadow creatures swooping down from the skies and began to lay waste to the lands below, and attack the good dreams turning them into nightmares and horrors.

“Oh, no!!” cried Leilani.

Arien cringed softly, but he made no attempts to do anything to stop the shadows from spreading. Instead, he went on explaining…

“While this world is far different from yours, or any other in many ways; in some they are still similar. Just as this world has its light and purity, there is always darkness and evil threatening it.”

“But I thought this place was supposed to create dreams?” asked Castor.

“Yes…” replied Arien “But unfortunately nightmares are dreams as well, and they, too, exist for a reason...!”

He didn’t have to explain as it was plain enough to see; the shadows continued their onslaught to conquer the good dreams and lay waste to the beautiful lands, turning them into horrific wastelands.

The children were starting to understand; what they were seeing were just images of the past and how the Light and the Darkness were often at each other’s ends.

They also remembered how Arien himself was a mere solid statue when they first encountered him, and everything else that happened to.

He explained…

“They say that a dream cannot harm you, but that is not true… Nightmares are capable of bringing forth extreme horrors and discomfort, and the more they are believed in, the more powerful they become, and the beings of the real world would abandon their dreams and succumb to the darkness.”

There were images of himself cast in stone, but awakening to fight off the shadows when they emerged.

“With the power of the Golden Sword, I carried out my duties to repel the darkness and spare good dreams from turning into nightmares…


…But recently-- as you both discovered-- the nightmares have grown stronger-- led by a powerful and evil force!”

The children were shown images of the great shadow that called out the first time in that demonic, feminine voice, “No one can stop the nightmare!”

The children shuddered with fear, and Arien clenched his fists. “I know naught of what this evil force is, but it was too much for me to handle alone, and I was captured and made their prisoner.

Its target was the Golden Sword; the one thing that could actually stand up to nightmares and drive them off. I could not allow them to take it, and I was forced to bestow the pieces onto the two of you, as well as the lasts of my power allowing my spirit to exist in your dreams, which is how I am able to communicate with you.”

The two fragments of the sword bound straight at the kids themselves…

They gasped and screamed as everything went white…

…Then they opened their eyes to find themselves standing back in the clearing, and the altar was safely where it was again.

The children were positively mind-blown.


“Unbelievable!” said Castor.

“I never thought dreams were capable of all this.” added Leilani.

Arien agreed, “Somehow, the nightmares have managed to make their way into your world, and while your forces have done valiantly to stave them off, it is not yet known who will truly win in this struggle.

At the moment, there is not much more I can do, for I am not joined with my missing body, and I don’t know just where it is being held.”

He then cast a gaze down at the children, “But I do know, and it is important that you now understand more of why I must ask you not to reveal anything that you have learned to anyone.

If the Nightmares discover our secret, there is no telling what ill-fate will befall not just this world, but your world and the worlds beyond.”

The children felt most disturbed. To them, not telling anyone didn’t feel like much help either, but at least now they had more of a realization of how serious things were.

“But why are you telling us all this now?” asked Castor.

Leilani then added, “Is it because-- I don’t know… you actually trust us more?”

Arien didn’t answer that. He wasn’t even sure himself how.

“For now it is best that you heed what I have said.”


With that, the dream began to fade away, and the children work up in their beds to find it was morning already.

They looked at each other, confirming they had the same dream and remembered what they were told.


Meanwhile, back at the School of Nightmares, Zadovia had called an all-school assembly; she especially wanted the three teachers to be present as well.

“Good, you are all here.” she hissed.

“Exactly why are we here?” asked Mash.

Magi gave him a soft nudge, “Show some respect.”

Zadovia cleared her throat, “You are all here to meet the founder of our school.”

The entire room erupted into soft chattering and shocked expressions.

“Founder…?”

“We have a founder?”


The teachers were equally as dumbfounded as the students.

“Who is this founder of ours?” asked Emcee.

Zadovia adjusted her glasses, which gave a sinister shimmer. Then she raised her pointer-stick up high, shooting magical dark lightning from its tip, straight up above the stage.

The lightning did not summon the actual being, but did form two large eyes and a sinister mouth allowing the creature to communicate with everyone.

“Good morning staff and students… for those who may not know me-- not that surprising…” she paused “…I am the Lady Phantasma; Founder of the School of Nightmares, and head master of you all.”

Every student went silent as they gazed at the image, wondering what she really looked like.

The teachers were especially in awe at this revelation, and Phantasma addressed everyone.

“I’m growing tired of having to wait for the completion of this mission. However, you still show promise and have proven worth to me, therefore, with the aid of the energy you collect from dreams, I will now bestow a new ability for you all.

…Zadovia!”


Nodding in response to her master, Zadovia held two of her four arms together, held her upper-left arm before her face, and with her remaining arm she waved her stick, and she conjured up magical, glowing orbs Phantasma had given her before, which she then sent floating before her three minions.


“These?” asked Magi. “These look like Dream Fields.”

Emcee agreed “There’s something obviously different about them.” she looked up at the bosses “…What is it?”

“There’s only one way to find out.” chuckled Mash. “I can’t wait to pull this one on those Starfleet Creeps!”

Just then, he looked next to him to find Magi was gone, which enraged him. “So like her to run off.”

“Yeah, well… you snooze, you lose.” teased Emcee, which earned her an angry glare.


The alarms sounded when a Dream Field was spotted on New Ponyville. The civilians were already running for the hills, or away from the area, while Lightning and Krysta, along with Rhymey, and Fluttershy rushed onto the scene, already transformed.

“Look at the field.” said Krysta.

The field wasn’t its usual sunset-orange color like the twilight, but darker, like the start of the night coming in. Their visors still could not detect it.

“Let’s go in.” said Lightning.

The others agreed, and Rhymey held out his sword,

“Whatever evil is lurking there,
Time to give them a nasty glare…
Grrrrrrrrah!”

Fluttershy pounded her fists together showing her readiness, but then she noticed…

“Um… forgive me if I sound like I fuss,
But the Dream Field is moving towards us!”

Everyone gawked, and surely enough, the field was actually moving and right for them, and before they knew it, they passed through it and into the zone.

“Okay, that was wild.” remarked Krysta.

The first thing the fighters saw were many unconscious civilians, having had their dreams violated by Magi, while others were backed into a corner, with Swift standing before them while glaring the evil magician down.

“Hold it right there!” shouted Lightning.

Magi turned. “Ahh… I was wondering when you’d get here.”

The other three fighters growled at her, while Lightning addressed Swift. “What happened?”

“I was out on my beat and this field just appeared. I led the civilians away, but then the field just started moving and it swallowed us.”

Swift couldn’t fight because he lacked a dream band.

“We’ll take it from here.” said Lightning, and he motioned to the others and their wristbands. “Engage Dream-Mode!”

They all began to engage the magic glow…

“Not so fast!” sneered Magi, and she let out a roar as she raised her staff, creating strong, dark winds that lifted them all up and flung them about, canceling out the transforming command.

The fighters all crashed with thuds.

“She knocked us flat!” groaned Fluttershy.

“How did she do that?” wondered Rhymey.

Lightning suspected it had something to do with the new Dream Field, and that it was somehow affecting Magi’s powers and speed.

Magi snickered, “If you think that’s rough… Try This!” She raised her staff again, and the dream field was moving again.

With everyone still inside, they moved along with it, but all the trees, lampposts and buildings seemed to move along like busy traffic.

This allowed Magi to try and trap more civilians on the run into the zone, which meant more dreams for her to look at.


As the dream field continued to move along, the fleeing civilians were forced to run faster than ever, and the sentries were to hurry them along even faster.

Swift now had to guide all the civilians away from the oncoming obstacles as well as keep everyone safe from Magi’s wrath.

“Come this way!” he hollered. “Whatever you do, stay behind me!”

The civilians did as they were told, but it was growing harder to keep up.

Lightning noted the course in which the field was following. “It’s going to head right at my place!” Starla and Shining Light were at home-- Starla was ordered to stay out of battles or danger periods while pregnant.

Lightning couldn’t bear for his family to be in danger.

“We’ve got to dispel this dream field and fast!”

“Let’s try transforming again!” suggested Krysta.

The others agreed, but just as they were about to, more houses and posts came at them as the field continued to move, forcing them to leap about and dodge the oncoming obstacles.

Magi laughed at their struggling. “I wonder how we can make this interesting.

Oh, I know…” and she snapped her fingers.


Fluttershy rolled out of the way of another oncoming post passing her by, only to suddenly be grabbed by large, skeletal arms making her scream in fright.

“Fluttershy!” shouted Lightning.

Rhymey turned and saw his wife being held by a large skeleton creature. He had long bony arms and legs, strong looking ribcage, but shoulder pads, and a knight’s helmet.

Magi snickered, “Meet my newest student, Skull Knight. He may not seem like much, but… well… you’ll get the idea.”

Her monster began to put the squeeze on Fluttershy hard.

Fluttershy tried to break free, but it was no good, and even if she tried to attack-- while not in Dream Mode-- her attacks would do nothing, and neither would it work for the others too.

“We’ve got to get in there!” shouted Lightning.

Rhymey agreed especially, but it was still hard what with the obstacles still coming at them as the field continued to move, and even if they managed to get an opening…

“Not so fast!” Magi would shout as she then fired her magic blasts at the heroes, striking them hard and knocking them into the walls of oncoming buildings.

The monster continued to crush Fluttershy hard, and her residence was not withstanding.

“Ugh… the pain is rushing to my head!
I’ve got to get out, or I’ll be dead!!!” she wailed.

Krysta’s teleporting powers didn’t work well inside the Dream Field either, but as the obstacles continued to come through the field-- memorizing the part of the neighborhood they were in—she knew what was coming up next, and she motioned over at Rhymey and Lightning at the oncoming buildings.

…They, too, knew what was coming, and the trio formed a plan.

“Prepare to engage Dream Mode!” Lightning called.

Magi heard them, and she chuckled softly, “They make this too easy.”

Just as the two men and Krysta were about to engage, Magi fired her magical blasts at them, forcing them to dodge again and messing things up.

Fluttershy couldn’t hold on much longer, but Rhymey quickly looked at her while passing by, and he winked at her telling her to hang on-- they had a plan.

Suddenly, their chance had come-- a large building with dark-tinted glass came through the field. The windows acted practically like mirrors.

“Now!” shouted Lightning, and he and the others flew directly in front of the building.

Magi, recklessly, fired at the trio, which they dodged, causing the blast to strike the glass; repelling it like a mirror straight back at her and hitting her hard.

“I don’t believe it!” she thundered as she straightened herself up, and then when she looked up, with nothing to stop them, the trio had already engaged their Dream Mode forms and were glowing with the bright light.

Rhymey then dashed forth and kicked Skull Knight in the head, knocking him away from Fluttershy, releasing her from his tight grip.

Fluttershy coughed and gaged as she tried to catch her breath.

“I say,
Are you okay?” he asked.

His wife caught her breath, and nodded.

The Dream Field then stopped moving along with the villains getting hit, much to Swift’s relief and the civilians’.

Swift gave Lightning a thumb up to say everyone was fine on his end.

Lightning nodded proudly and then turned to face the angry villains just as Fluttershy quickly donned her own Dream Mode.

“You may have no tricks…” Lightning gloated at the villains “…But you’re still not as clever as you think.”

Magi growled, and Skull Knight stepped forth and growled, “I’ll show you “clever!” and he leapt up high, and fired magical blasts from his eye-sockets.

“Scatter!” shouted Lightning, and the heroes dodged just in time.

Magi laughed, “Now take this!” and she fired from her staff, hitting Lightning hard and knocking him hard into a wall.

“Lightning!” cried Krysta. Then she looked real mad! “…That does it!”

She held up her wand, making it glow brightly, and she fired rapid shots of light, forcing Magi to shield herself with a barrier. “Cursed little imp!” she growled.

“I’m a fairy, not an imp!” Krysta thundered as she continued to pour on the punishment.

“My turn!” yelled Lightning, and he began to fire uniforce pulses, forcing Magi to intensify her magical shield.

With Magi held back, Rhymey and Fluttershy were left to deal with the monster. Fluttershy especially looked ready to brawl; to pay the creature back for choking her.

“Here I come,
You bony scum!” she growled.

She charged forth, forcing the monster to fire more blasts, which she dodged as she charged in.

“I’ll get you!” shouted Skull, and he extended his arms outward, actually stretching them far ahead to grab and choke her again.

Rhymey came leaping in with his sword at the ready, and with a huge slash, he severed the arms off the creature, making him wail and shout!

Then Fluttershy came rushing in and gave him a good punch to the ribs, knocking him backwards. She then zipped behind him and kicked him up high into the air, and then leapt up after him, grabbing him by his bony legs and sent him slamming down hard to the ground, shattering him to bony pieces.

“Fluttershy: One.
Monster: None.” she snuffed

Her husband nodded proudly at her again, and she smiled lovingly at him, but suddenly, the monster’s large head rose up. “You haven’t won yet!” he growled, and like magic, his bones began to form back together again.

The duo could barely believe their eyes.

“Lightning, we need your help we do.
We could use help form Krysta too.” called Rhymey.

But Lightning and Krysta were still struggling to keep Magi at bay.

“We’re a little busy right now.” Lightning called to him.

“We can’t let her go or she’ll make the field move again!” added Krysta.

Magi growled as she continued to defend herself, refusing to relent.

She called to Skull Knight, “Don’t just stand there! Get these creeps away from me!”

The monster agreed, and readied to blast at Lightning and Krysta. He fired his blast, but Rhymey leapt in the way and blocked the shot with his sword.

Just as the monster was about to extend his massive arms again, Fluttershy came zooming in and kicked him hard in the back, knocking him to the ground, and she then proceeded to stomp and smash him to pieces again!

Skull Knight only laughed, “When will you ever learn…?” His head rose up, ready to bring himself together again…

…But Rhymey was ready this time, figuring that his head was the ultimate weakness!

He leapt up high with his sword glowing for the finisher.

“THRASH SLASH” He swing at the skull, making the monster wail and scream, and the head rose up high into the air and exploded, causing all the bones to vanish into the dream bubble, which popped.

“No!!” shouted Magi, and suddenly she felt her barrier growing weaker.

“Now our chance!” cried Krysta.

Lightning agreed, and charged up, “UNIFORCE!”

His power shattered the weakened barrier, and the resulting explosion blew Magi back far, slamming her hard into a wall, straight into another building, which had been evacuated due to the dream field moving.

By this time, the new dream field was starting to dispel. Magi quickly decided to retreat before the heroes came at her.

The team burst through the hole in the wall just in time to see her disappearing, and she taunted them. “I’ll be back!!”

Lightning growled angrily that she had gotten away.

The field completely vanished, but there was no cheering, not even from the civilians or Swift. The collateral damages still remained-- the buildings had huge holes in them, the ground was still blasted up, and several lampposts were bent over.

“I thought it was all supposed to be just a dream?” Swift said in disbelief.

Lightning and the others were shocked by this too. All damages done within the dream fields usually came undone when the field vanished.

“…It’s like a dream-come-true.” remarked Krysta.

“…More like a nightmare.” said Lightning.

Rhymey and Fluttershy were relieved that the damaged buildings were evacuated so no one else got hurt, but this and combined with all the other facts learned from the battle.

“Must report this to their majesties, now.” insisted Fluttershy.

“The enemy is getting stronger and how.” agreed Rhymey.

Lightning agreed.


That night, at the Royal Palace in Canterlot…

The royal family sat down to dinner, and Grand Ruler had looked over Lightning’s report about the Dream Fields.

“This is awful.” he remarked.

Celestia and Luna agreed, and since the children were present too, they decided to fill them in, rather than let them worry too much about what was out there.

“The dream fields can move?” Castor asked in shock.

“And they leave behind the damage caused inside?” added Leilani.

“Calm down, children.” said their mother. “Your father, your Aunt Luna, and I will handle this.”

Her husband and sister nodded.

The children softly held hands under the tablecloth. They both were thinking of Arien, and what they had learned from him.

“You mustn’t tell anyone about our little secret; it concerns the well-being of both our worlds.”

They knew best not to tell and betray their friend, but they only hoped that he would soon open up to all the others, and help them all the more to stop the evil threatening their world.


(Promo)

In our next episode: The team determines how to deal with the nightmares while maintaining the sanity of frightened civilians. While Mash comes up with an idea of his own to separate the heroes and keep them all apart from one another and force Lightning into a lone match against his forces in hopes of conquering the team little by little.

Can Lightning overcome the overwhelming odds against him?

Don’t miss this next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Scattered Dreams”)