• ...
 4
 314

Runaway James

While Twilight, Ash, and Mikey battled Vrak’s troops, Dawn and James were still a runaway speeding down the countryside faster and faster!

“Oh, Deerling!” Cried James spotting Deerling in Spring Form on the tracks ahead.

“Deer?”

“Deer?”

“Deerling!”

“Get out of the way!” Shouted Julio. The Deerling got out of the way just in time as Dawn and James sped down the main line.

“HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLPPP!!!!!” Shouted James as the trucks pushed the black tender engine on and on!

“On! On! Faster! Faster!” Yelled the trucks.

“I don’t want to go any faster!” Wailed James. “Lana, Julio, I can’t seem to apply my brakes! Try doing it by hand!”

“Ok!” Replied Lana. as she tried to pull the brake lever. But, It wouldn’t budge.

“No good! James, When I say “Three” , Apply the brakes when I pull the lever!” Called Julio.

“Ok!” Responded James.

“One, Two, Three!” Yelled Lana as she and James applied the brakes at the same time. But then, It happened. James’ wooden brake blocks sparked and flared. Piplup noticed the sparks as the brakes caught fire with a BANG! The explosion sent Piplup falling back burnt and wounded. “Popplio, No! Oh! The brakes!”

“What happened, Lana!?” Gasped James. “Why aren’t we stopping!?”

“The brake blocks have caught fire!” Screamed Lana. “Popplio, Try to use Bubble Beam or Ice Beam and put out the fire!” But because of the explosion on James’ brakes, Popplio was too weak to use Bubble Beam, Ice Beam, Or any other move!

“Piplup is too weak!” Gasped Psychemon. “And none of my attacks can put out fires!”

“No! Stop! I want to stop!” Cried James as he raced under the bridge. Just then, Thomas came racing around the bend, catching up to Lana , Julio, and James. He saw the smoke coming from and puffed even faster. Soon, He caught up with
Dawn, Julio, James.

“Thomas!” They gasped.

“Use your brakes! USE YOUR BRAKES!!!” Shouted Thomas.

“I can’t! My brake blocks are on fire!” Cried James. “They’re made of wood!”

“Popplio can’t use any move to cool them down!” Added Lana.

“And I’m no good as a fire extinguisher!” Cried Psychemon.

“I’m going to try to couple up behind you, James!” Called Thomas. “I’m going to try to slow you down!”

“Ok, Thomas! But, be quick!” Cried Julio.

“Popplio, Go help Thomas couple to the brakevan so he can slow us down!” Said Lana.

“You too, Psychemon!” Said Julio.

“Right!” Replied Psychemon. Popplio got up. But, Barely.

“I’ll go, too!” Added Everest.

“Pop pop!” She, Psychemon, and Everest ran to the brakevan as Thomas backed up to get coupled up.

“HURRY, THOMAS!!!” Cried James.

“Hurry, hurry, hurry!” Laughed the trucks as Thomas then switches tracks onto the track Lana, Julio, Everest, Ace, and James are on.

“Couple me up! Couple me up! I need to slow James down!” Called Thomas.

“We’re on it!” Replied Psychemon as Popplio and Everest picked up a chain coupler and reached out to Thomas’ chain.

“Easy does it.” Said Everest carefully. They tried to couple Thomas up. But, they missed.

“Pop!”

“Oh no!” Cried Psychemon.

“Try again! Try again!” Called Thomas.

“Alright!” Replied Everest as he tried again, but missed.

“We mustn't give up! We have to try!” Shouted Thomas. Then he hits a branch trying to catch up

“Faster, faster!” Cried Psychemon.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhh!!!!!” Screamed James as the chase carried on down the track. Thomas puffed and chuffed his hardest. Psychemon and Popplio were just about to reach Thomas’ coupling when…..

“Aaaaaaaggggghhhh!!!” The Red engine screamed as they reached a sharp bend near a field. James was going way too fast! Thomas, Lana, Julio, Popplio, and Psychemon gasped as they feared what was about to happen next. “Oh no! I'm coming off the rails!” James tilted and tumbled off the track with a crash! Lana and Julio fell out of James cab as the trucks smashed and piled up beaide them. Thomas screeched to a halt and gasped. As the dust cleared, Thomas saw what happened. The troublesome trucks were all piled up in a big mess. Popplio, Psychemon, and Everest were more hurt than ever when the brake van derailed. then goes up along the Troublesome Trucks.

“Edward, Sophocles, Zuma, and Roger were right. Troublesome Trucks can run an engine right off the rails.” He realized before he saw Julio, Lana, and Ace injured really bad beside a badly damaged James. “Stay right there, Guys! I'll go and get help!” He then sped off to the Shunting Yard.


Sir Tophom Hatt was talking with Edward when Thomas sped by. “Was that Thomas?” He asked.

“Wake up! Wake up! Emergency!” Called Thomas as he buffered up to Judy and Jerome.

“Judy!” Cried Jerome.

“Jerome!” Cried Judy.

“Emergency!” They both shouted. Thomas described the situation.

“James is off the line! His brakes were on fire! Lana, Julio, Ace, and Everest are injured very bad!”

“Right!” Replied Jerome.

“We're ready!” Added Judy.

“Crew, up!” Called Jerome. Workmen board the twin cranes as Thomas was coupled up to them

“Let's go!” Said Judy as Thomas puffed out of the yard. The cranes were heavy. But, Thomas heaved with all his might!

“Thomas!” Called Sir Tophom Hatt. “What do you think....”

“Sorry Sir, but this is an emergency!” Called Thomas as he sets off, leaving Edward and Sir Topham Hatt looking at each other confused.