• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 19,162 Views, 2,156 Comments

Unexpected Confessions - Dianwei32



Rarity and Rainbow Dash both confess their love for Fluttershy at the same time. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
107
 2,156
 19,162

...On the Other Side of the Fence

Unexpected Confessions

Chapter Six

...On the Other Side of the Fence

The Next Day (Sunday)

Fluttershy flitted around her house, putting out food for her animal friends before she got ready to leave. She felt a knot of worry forming in her stomach, but pushed it down. It’s just the spa. We missed our normal weekly trip with all of the excitement and pressure of me trying to choose between them, so Rarity suggested we have a special spa date today as a prelude to our real date. Nothing to be worried about. She placed a bowl of lettuce and carrots outside of Angel Bunny’s hutch before trotting back into the kitchen to clean up.

After tidying up the kitchen, Fluttershy passed back through the living room and noticed that Angel’s food was still untouched. She quickly made her way over to the enclosure and lifted the roof to find the rabbit in question laying in his tiny bed, seemingly uncomfortable.

“Oh my, Angel. What’s wrong?” She leaned down to examine him more closely. Angel placed his paws over his stomach and pantomimed throwing up. “You feel sick? You haven’t even eaten anything yet.” Fluttershy reached into the hutch with a hoof and felt Angel’s forehead. “You don’t feel warm... let me get a thermometer.”

The nurturing mare cantered across the room and opened a drawer full of medical supplies. She rummaged through the contents for a moment before pulling out a thermometer. She returned to Angel’s small house and placed the end of it in his mouth.

“Now, keep that under your tongue and I’ll come back and check on it in a minute.” Fluttershy instructed him as she left to search for a book. Once she was gone, Angel pulled the thermometer out of his mouth and put it in a bowl of hot water hidden in the rear of his hutch. He watched the red liquid climb higher and higher, occasionally glancing over his shoulder to make sure his owner was not coming back yet. The blue one offered food if he helped his pony choose her over the fussy one, so he planned to make sure his pony could not go and see the fussy one today. Soon, he heard hoofsteps approaching. He pulled the instrument from the hot water and hopped back into his bed, placing the end of it in his mouth.

“Alright, let’s see what we have.” Fluttershy cooed soothingly. She pulled the thermometer out and read it. “One hundred and six?” She reached down and felt Angel’s forehead again, shaking the device in her other hoof to cool it down. “You really don’t feel that warm. Let’s try one more time.” She put the thermometer back in his mouth, staying to watch this time. Angel waved his paws to shoo her away, but she only arched an eyebrow in confusion.

After a minute had passed, Fluttershy reached down and pulled the instrument out of Angel’s mouth again. “Ninety seven. Much better.” She smiled down at the rabbit, who crossed his arms and huffed in annoyance. “I’m sorry that you don’t feel good Angel, but there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with you. Now I have to go get ready. You get plenty of rest and I’m sure you’ll feel better in no time.” With that, she turned and trotted up the stairs to her bathroom, while Angel slapped a paw to his forehead. Several minutes later, Fluttershy cantered through the living room, pulled open the door and stepped outside. Angel shook his head, shrugged and laid down to take a nap. The blue one would not be happy.

Some time later, Fluttershy alighted on the ground in front of the Ponyville Spa, surprised to find Rarity waiting for her outside rather than in the building. After landing, she took a moment to readjust her wings and mane before walking over to her date. “Hello, Rarity. Is there a problem? Is something wrong with the spa? You’ve never waited outside for me before.”

“Everything is perfect, darling.” Rarity chirped, an eager grin spreading across her face. “I just wanted to be here when you arrived.” She brought her horn to life and pulled the door open in a flare of magic. “After you, dear.”

Fluttershy stepped through the open door, trying to keep her confusion from showing. “Good afternoon, girls.” She called to Aloe and Lotus. When no response came, she looked around the spa lobby, finding it deserted. “Um, girls?” She trotted over and poked her head into the large main room, only to discover it was empty as well. “I think something’s wrong. Nopony is here, not even Aloe and Lotus.”

“Oh, nothing is wrong, dear.” Rarity replied as she locked the door behind her. “Everything is going just as it was planned. You see, I have rented the spa out for the next two hours. Nopony but you and me.” She strode over to stand next to her marefriend, a light blush showing through her immaculately white coat. “I’ve spent the last four days learning from Aloe and Lotus about all the various services of the spa.” She leaned in, hovering her lips bare inches from her friend’s ear and dropped her voice to a whisper. “Today, you are the sole customer of the spa, and I am your personal masseuse.”

Fluttershy felt Rarity’s breath on her ear, sending bolts of lightning down her spine. She repressed a shiver, trying to focus on the alabaster unicorn’s words rather than the sensation of the breath on her ear. “Th-That... That sounds nice.” She finally managed to say. “O-Only if you really want to, that is.” She face heated up to the point she was afraid her coat might burst into flames. “I could, um... I could give you a massage too, if that’s okay.”

“That sounds positively lovely, dear.” Rarity whispered. She leaned in a planted a light kiss on her marefriend’s ear, smiling as she noticed a twitch quickly pass through her wings before being expertly smothered. “Now, if you’ll follow me. I believe the steam room will be an excellent start.” Rarity stepped over to the steam room door, holding it open for the pink-maned pegasus to enter. She followed her in and closed the door before flaring her horn to life. With a quick flurry of magic, she lit a small pile of coals to a smolder and covered them with rocks.

Hmm... it will be some time before the rocks are hot enough to turn the water to steam. The white mare thought to herself, eyeing a nearby bucket of water that would typically be poured over the rocks to provide steam for the room. She felt a small smirk pull at the corner of her mouth as an idea came to her. One of the advantages of being, or dating, a unicorn... magic. She reignited her horn and began focusing raw magical energy into the water. After a few seconds, the water began to heat up and boil, releasing tiny wisps of steam into the air. Rarity grinned as her plan worked. If a little is good, more must be better. She concentrated her efforts, vastly increasing the energy she focused into heating the water. Without warning, the wooden bucket shattered, sending bits of wood flying in all directions and filling the room with steam.

“Oh my goodness.” Fluttershy called from a bench on the far side of the room. “Are you okay, Rarity?” She squinted, trying to make out her friend’s figure through the steam. “What happened?”

“I’m quite alright, darling.” The fashionista trotted over to the bench and sat next to her date. “I was merely trying to heat up the water and turn it to steam, but I fear I may have gone slightly overboard. I suppose I will need to get Aloe and Lotus a new water bucket.” She reached up to rub the back of her neck, but pulled her hoof away in pain. “Ouch. Hmm...” She reached back up, tenderly feeling around her neck. She stopped as she felt a small piece of wood lodged there.

“Oh dear, you’re hurt.” Fluttershy leaned in closer to inspect the area. She was trying to figure out the best way to remove it when she noticed a quick shudder pass through her friend. “Is everything alright? It doesn’t hurt, does it?” She asked, her voice full of concern.

“No, darling. It doesn’t hurt it’s just...” She paused for a moment as her face flushed with color. “I-I just felt your breath on my neck, and I... it felt nice.” She sat up straighter, reasserting her almost regal demeanor. “My apologies, I will hold still if you think you can remove it.”

“That shouldn’t be a problem.” Fluttershy replied turning back to focus on the task at hand. She hoped that it would help her ignore her own massive blush, along with the increased tempo of her heart. “It isn’t too big, and it doesn’t look to be embedded too deep. There’s no bleeding. It’s not much more than a splinter, really.” She moved her head around looking at the tiny wooden object from various angles. Her already scarlet cheeks deepened in color as she realized how she would have to remove it. “Um, it’s actually too small for me to be able to take out with my hooves. I... I think I’m going to have to-” She stopped and swallowed. When she spoke again, her voice was barely audible. “I think I’m going to have to use my mouth.”

Rarity’s eyes shot open, and all the color that flooded her face drained away instantly. A look of mixed panic and elation flashed over her features before being expertly quenched and replaced with a facade of calm. “If that is what is required, then by all means, dear, please proceed.” She felt more than saw Fluttershy lean in closer and cringed slightly. “Please, do be careful though. I am loathe to admit it, but I am... ticklish.”

“Eep!” Fluttershy let out a small squeak of surprise before she regained her composure. Okay, don’t think of this like a romantic situation. It’s more like a medical procedure. Fluttershy told herself, trying to slow the frantic pace her heart was beating at. Just like removing the thorn from the paw of that manticore. Just don’t focus on the fact that your mouth will be almost pressed up against her neck. Don’t focus on the fact that leaning forward ever so slightly would let you kiss her neck. Don’t focus on... She stopped as she realized her heart rate had spiked even higher and she felt her hooves shaking from sheer nerves.

“Okay... here we go.” Fluttershy said to no one in particular. She leaned in and tried to grasp the splinter in her teeth. As she bit down, her date pulled away and broke out in a fit of giggling.

“D-Did you get it?” Rarity asked, slightly out of breath.

Fluttershy looked down at her marefriend’s neck, seeing that the splinter was gone. She felt the wood in her teeth and dropped it off to the side. A wicked smile spread over her face as an idea popped into her head. Oh, I shouldn’t... but it’s not like anypony could walk in on us, and this is a date after all. She felt a rush of heat in her face that had nothing to do with the steam. Oh, no. I-I don’t think I can, but maybe-

Maybes are for babies. A soft voice in her head whispered, sending a wave of confidence flooding through her body.

“I don’t think so. Hold still and I’ll try again.” Without waiting for an answer, Fluttershy leaned back in and nipped Rarity’s neck, causing the unicorn to shiver and let out an appreciative moan.

“I-I do believe you already got the splinter.” Rarity pointed out, her breathing becoming slightly labored.

“Oh, no. It’s still there.” Fluttershy shot back. She darted in and gave another quick nibble, following it up with a flurry of light kisses. She smiled as she heard her partner inhale sharply. She slowly worked her way up Rarity’s neck, planting a line of kisses and the occasional nip. After several moments, she felt a hoof gently pushing her back. The canary mare let out a slight whine of disappointment, then leaned forward for one last kiss before backing away.

“Not that I am not thoroughly enjoying this-” Rarity began, her breathing ragged and a wild desire burning in her eyes. “-but I feel that we should move on to the next activity on the list.” She hopped down from the bench and made her way across the room, trying desperately to keep her knees from shaking. She levitated one of the remaining water buckets and doused the coals, extinguishing them and sending another blast of steam through the room. She took advantage of the momentary curtain of steam to let out a head to hoof shiver she had been suppressing.

What in Celestia’s name just happened? Rarity wondered to herself. She pulled the door to the steam room open and held it as her marefriend passed through. I’ve never seen Fluttershy be so... forward. She made her way out of the steam room and headed down the hall to the mud baths. Having been second to leave, she was now trailing behind the other mare, giving her a rather nice view as Fluttershy sauntered down the hallway. Rarity tried to keep her eyes elsewhere, but they kept drifting back to her friend’s swaying flank. After a moment she noticed that Fluttershy’s tail was sweeping to the side more than it should have been. Is she... Oh my, she’s doing that on purpose, the little minx.

Up ahead, Fluttershy glanced back over her shoulder and noticed Rarity’s attention. “Enjoying the view?” She asked, throwing in a wink for good measure. She laughed as her date’s face flooded crimson and her eyes locked onto the floor. That was fun. Fluttershy thought to herself as she trotted down the hallway, actively swaying her hips slightly more than necessary. Wait a minute... why am I so calm and relaxed? In a situation like this, I would normally be a nervous wreck. I’m not drunk, am I? She lifted a hoof to her mouth and tried to smell her breath. No, not drunk.

Fluttershy was distracted as she walked into the mud bath room and narrowly avoided falling face-first into the tub. Once Rarity joined her, the pair lowered themselves into the tubs and settled in to relax. The silence rested between them comfortably, allowing both mares to spend time with their thoughts.

Why am I not nervous? Fluttershy wondered to herself as she rested in mud bath. Where did that rush of confidence in the steam room come from? She leaned forward, letting her chin rest on the edge of the tub in front of her as she pondered. A nagging thought pulled at the back of her mind, bringing up the voice that had whispered to her and given her the confidence she needed. I haven’t used any of Iron Will’s catchphrases since that whole “New Fluttershy” incident. Her mind drifted, recalling the feeling of kissing Rarity’s neck and the sounds it drew from her. She felt a warm tingling between her hind legs and shifted her position in the tub. Why do I feel like this? It’s not like I’m... in... Her mind screeched to a halt as the pieces fell into place.

No. Oh no no no. This can’t be happening. Fluttershy maintained a calm exterior, but began panicking in her head. This kind of thing only happens in those trashy romance novels that Rarity reads. It doesn’t happen in real life. What day of the month is it? When was the last time? It was last month, around... Oh no.

Fluttershy felt her chest tighten as she realized what was wrong. I’m in heat.

What in Equestria has gotten into her? Rarity wondered, sitting in her own tub next to Fluttershy. She watched her friend lean forward and relax, looking utterly at peace. Every other time we’ve been to the spa, she’s been relaxed and more open than normal, but this is something else all together. Not that I’m complaining, mind you. She felt a rush of emotion as she recalled her friend’s actions in the steam room. I actually am quite enjoying this new-found boldness. I just wish I knew its source. Oh dear, I do hope that she isn’t doing this because she thinks it is expected of her. She let her eyes drift closed, focusing on the warmth of the mud bath. I suppose a totally private spa date may be a bit forward for our first true “date,” and that little comment about me being her personal masseuse probably didn’t help. Although, we have been doing this for-

“Rarity?” Fluttershy’s voice broke into the white unicorn’s train of thought.

“Yes, dear?” Rarity opened her eyes, glancing around to make sure nopony had seen her drift off before remembering they were completely alone.

“Um, I think it might be time for us to get out. We’ve been in here for almost twenty minutes.”

“Oh, of course.” Rarity peeked at the clock out of the corner of her eye. Twenty minutes? How is that even possible? However, the timepiece confirmed her marefriend’s claim, indicating that their time alone in the spa was almost a third of the way over. She slowly pulled herself out of the mud bath, levitating a pair of towels over as Fluttershy made her way out of the tub. “Here you are, darling.” She floated one of the towels over. “Now, what would you like to do next? A nice massage? Perhaps a hooficure?”

“A massage would be nice, if that’s okay with you.” Fluttershy finished cleaning herself off and trotted over to one of the massage tables. She lifted her forehooves up and prepared to leverage herself onto the table, but suddenly found herself almost paralyzed. Ah, there’s the panic. Why now? I’ve gotten plenty of massages before, this one is no different.

Not entirely true. A small portion of Fluttershy’s mind argued. All of your other massages have been by the spa sisters, whose job it is to give massages and such. This is Rarity, your marefriend... or at least one of them. This is special. Intimate. Ergo, terrifying.

That hardly seems fair. Fluttershy huffed silently. She focused and slowly forced her hind legs up onto the table, laying down and waiting for her heart rate to slow back to normal. She closed her eyes and concentrated on keeping her breathing slow and even. Any calming effects were negated when she felt a soft pair of hooves land on her shoulders, causing her to almost jump off of the table.

“You’re so tense, dear.” Rarity commented, slowly running a hoof along her marefriend’s spine. “You just relax and let me take care of it.” She saw Fluttershy nod, seemingly incapable of speech at the moment, and began moving her hooves in small circles, pressing into the muscle of the primrose mare’s shoulders. Remember your pointers from Lotus. Rarity thought back to her training sessions with the spa sisters. Apply pressure to massage the deep tissue, but not so much as to be painful. Small circular motions. Look out for knots. She found a knot of muscle just above the wing joint on her friend’s back. The white unicorn redoubled her efforts on the knot, and was rewarded with a contented moan of pleasure from the yellow pegasus.

This is not nearly as difficult as I feared it would be. Rarity thought to herself as she continued working her way down, drawing the occasional sigh from her marefriend. Her coat is so soft, it’s like silk. She marveled at the feeling of Fluttershy’s coat under her hooves as she began working her way back up towards her shoulders. Combined with the appreciative noises coming from the normally reserved pegasus, Rarity soon noticed that her own breathing was becoming slightly heavier and a certain familiar tension was building in her stomach. Oh dear... Her concentration was broken as Fluttershy let out an especially satisfied sigh, allowing her wings to unfold and lay flat against the table. The alabaster mare found her eyes drawn to the feathers as she continued the massage.

Her wings. They’re so... so... messy. Rarity stared down at the pegasus’ unfurled wings in something akin to shock. The primary feathers along the leading edge and all of the feathers near the end of the wing were fine, but further in towards the base, all of the feathers were out of alignment and seemingly unkempt. I suppose it makes sense. After all, Fluttershy said that she does not let anypony else preen her wings, and she can only reach so far by herself. Even so, such a thing cannot be allowed to persist. She stopped her massaging, ending by trailing a single hoof down her marefriend’s back. She steeled herself to make a personal request. “Darling?”

“Hmm?” Fluttershy turned casually to meet the fashionista’s eyes. Her own gaze burned with a slow intensity and her breathing was labored. Every part of her body screamed at her to jump off the table and do unspeakable things to her marefriend, but she forced herself to remain still.

“I, well... I was just wondering if, perhaps...” Rarity tried desperately to complete her thought, although most of her mind screamed at her to simply ravish the stunning pegasus on the table. She paused to clear her throat. “Ahem. That is to say, I was wondering if you would like for me to preen your wings for you.” She tried to hide her anxiety, but could do nothing to stop the blood that flowed into her cheeks, tinging them pink.

“That sounds lovely.” Fluttershy laid her head back on the table, trying her hardest to appear relaxed. For the love of Celestia, do whatever you want, just don’t stop. She pleaded silently.

Really, that’s it? Rarity tried to process her friend’s easy response mentally. No stammering? No attempt at a deflection? Not even a blush? She let out an inaudible sigh and flared her horn to life. Just as she was about to begin, a thought at the back of her mind stopped her. Wait. No. If I am to do this, I will have to get my hooves dirty. She closed her eyes and thought back to the lessons Aloe had given her on preening. Ah, yes. Preening is done with the... mouth. Well, here we go.

Rarity leaned down and picked a feather to start with. Alright, nothing to worry about. She tried to calm herself as she lightly gripped the base of the feather with her teeth. Now, just a slight tug. Pull it into proper alignment. She was rewarded with a soft contented sigh from Fluttershy. That wasn’t so bad. Let’s try another one. She moved over a small amount and grasped another feather, pulling on it and eliciting another brief moan of pleasure.

Rarity built up a steady rhythm and slowly worked her way along the first wing, occasionally drawing a twitch or shudder from the canary pegasus. When she finished with the first wing, she made her way around the table to work on the other one, noticing a light twitch in Fluttershy’s tail. Well, at least it appears I am not the only one who is being... affected by the situation. Rarity thought as she began working on the second wing, which passed much more quickly now that she had a feel for the process. She tried to focus on the task at hand and ignore her own excited state, with little success. “There, I believe I am done.” She said breathlessly as she finished the preening.

Fluttershy stretched and flapped her wings a few times before settling them at her sides. “Thank you, Rarity.” She purred, turning to look over her shoulder at her friend. “That felt amazing.” It felt more than amazing. She thought, her heartbeat thundering in her ears. All her rational thoughts were overrun by a building desire to attack her lover. Well, she’s not my lover yet, but we can fix that.

“You’re quite wel-” Rarity’s words were cut off as Fluttershy leapt off the table and tackled her to the floor, pressing their lips together in a fierce kiss. The pair landed on the ground roughly, but neither noticed. Did she just... are we... oh, forget it. Rarity gave up on trying to process what had just happened and focused on enjoying the situation. She tried to match the passion of her marefriend’s kisses, but found herself distracted by a hoof tracing down her ribs. She broke away from the kiss to gasp, freeing Fluttershy to trace kisses down her neck.

“Fluttershy, dear... whatever has gotten into you?” Rarity asked, trying to keep her voice level as her marefriend nipped at her neck. “I... I’ve never seen you like this.”

Fluttershy pulled away, biting her lip. “I don’t really know.” She lied before darting back down for a quick kiss. “It’s just... I-I love you, Rarity.” She admitted, blushing furiously.

“I love you too, darling.” Rarity whispered. Their reprieve was interrupted by a crash from the lobby of the spa, followed by three familiar voices.

“Ah told y’all the window’d work just fine.” An accented filly pointed out.

No. Rarity thought to herself.

“I still say that if you had let me try the lock I could have gotten my cutie mark in lock-picking.” A higher pitched voice complained.

No no no. Not them. Rarity turned her head to face the door to the lobby.

“Yea right.” A slightly coltish voice shot back. “If you had tried the lock, you just would have set the door on fire.”

For the love of all that is good and right in this world, let me be hearing things. Just please don’t let it be-

“There you are, Rarity. We’ve been looking all over for you.” Sweetie Belle almost shouted as she entered the main room of the spa, followed by Applebloom and Scootaloo. The white filly stopped, cocking her head to the side as she noticed her sister’s position. “Why are you lying on the floor of the spa all alone?”

“Alone?” Rarity repeated, confused. She finally noticed that Fluttershy was no longer lying on top of her. Probably for the best. She thought to herself as she began searching for her missing marefriend. She spotted a trembling pink tail poking out from behind the nearby massage table. The alabaster mare slowly got to her hooves and made her way over to the table. “Fluttershy and I were enjoying a nice, private, spa appointment. There, there, darling. It’s okay, it’s only Sweetie Belle and her friends.” She spoke softly, trying to calm the frightened pegasus.

“Oh, hi Fluttershy!” The three fillies called in unison.

“H-Hi g-girls.” Fluttershy stuttered, still recovering from their sudden entrance. All of her previous arousal was quashed under a layer of terror. “Wh-What brings you three here?” She nestled up against Rarity, feeling herself calm down.

“Well, we were lookin’ fer Miss Rarity, but nopony knew where she was.” Applebloom explained. “So we-”

“We decided to try and get our cutie marks in detectiving!” Scootaloo interrupted.

“For the last time, detectiving is not a word.” Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes. “We tried to get cutie marks in detective work.”

“Be quiet, little-miss-dictionary.” Scootaloo shot back. “Anyway, we snooped around, trying to see if maybe Rarity had been kidnapped by the Diamond Dogs again.” The orange filly seemed a little too excited at the prospect of another kidnapping. “But, then we-”

“We saw Aloe and Lotus out by the Quills and Sofas store.” Sweetie Belle cut in. “We thought it was weird that they weren’t at the spa, so we came here to check it out. The door was locked, so Applebloom suggested we try and come in one of the windows. Then we came in here and saw you lying on the floor.”

“Wait!” Applebloom shouted. “We did some dectiving! Did we get our cutie marks?” All three fillies turned to look at their flanks, only to let out simultaneous disappointed sighs when they did not find cutie marks.

“You three...” Rarity sighed, shaking her head. “It is just as well. We should be on our way.”

“Really?” Fluttershy asked, glancing at the clock and pouting slightly.

“Yes.” The fashionista confirmed. “I know that we still have some time left before Aloe and Lotus come back, but we need to get ready for dinner.” She reached up and placed a calming hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder as her eyes shot open. “Don’t worry, dear. It’s nothing overly fancy. Just a nice dinner at a small Prench restaurant. You go on home and get ready. Meet me at the Boutique at eight. If you would, please wear the dress I made you.”

“O-Okay.” Fluttershy glanced over towards the three fillies who were arguing over how to get their cutie marks next. “I’ll see you later.” She leaned in and quickly kissed Rarity on the cheek before ducking behind her mane and trotting out of the spa.

Rarity held a hoof against her cheek where her marefriend had kissed her, feeling a light blush color her cheeks. She shook herself from her stupor and turned to address Sweetie Belle and her friends. “Alright girls, it’s time to-”

“Cutie Mark Crusaders Spa Operators!”