• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 3,648 Views, 61 Comments

My Little WAAAGH: Friendship is Orky - Gryzzli



An Ork appeared in Equestria. Will a creature born to war acclimatise? Will Ponyville survive?

  • ...
4
 61
 3,648

Crash

Forlon Secundus.
Second planet of the Forlon star system, held by the Imperium of Man, on the southern fringe of the Milky Way.
Once a peaceful, green world, famous for its food industry which supplied whole system.
Now most of its surface was a war torn wasteland.

Three years ago orbital scanners detected two massive warfleets closing in. As it turned out it was Orks, a warlike race of green-skinned humanoids. Average ork is a muscular, about two metres tall and broad as wardrobe fighting machine. Its long arms end in hands equipped with taloned fingers, capable of tearing the enemy's throat out. Jagged fangs that stick out from its large jaw would not look out of place upon far larger creature. In short, orks are born for war.

Governor of the Forlon Secundus knew that his Planetary Defence Forces are no match for the aliens and a plea for help was sent. Soldiers began fortifying cities, as it could take years, even decades before reinforcements would come.
But fortune smiled to the besieged. Orkish fleets were from different clans and both landed on the uninhabited side of the planet. Orks, not wanting to share the loot, immediately started a war against each other, which was normal thing for this race. For orks war was a bread-and-butter, but for one of them this particular war was a begging of something that would change his life for ever.


Far behind the front lines, two dozen of camouflaged figures stalked through the dense thicket of the Forlon's jungle. Those were the most distrusted and shunned of orks, the Ork Kommandos.

"Iz we 'ere yet boss?" One of the orks asked in snarling voice.

"Shut up ya git!" The largest of orks growled and punched his subordinate in the jaw, not even slowing down. "Them enemys will hear ya!"

Several metres behind the leader, in the centre of the group, another kommando chuckled. "Stoopid Skrat. Hur hur hur! Oi Warkot! Ten teef that I'll kill moar gitz than ya!"

Ork walking next to him grinned. He was wearing a long military great coat, vest and trousers reinforced with pieces of metal. On his feet he had heavy, studded boots. On his head there was a rugged ushanka hat. Everything was painted in camo pattern. He adjusted his backpack to which his combat cleaver and scrappy looking machine gun were fastened. "Deal! But make dat twenty! And ya better have them ya lousy grot lover or I'll kick them outta yer jaw."

"Shut it ya squig dung!" Kommando leader, one of the so called Nobz, hissed at them. "We'z close now."

After few minutes they could hear loud voices and hum of the machines. Kommandos crept closer to the end of the treeline and saw the encampment of the rival clan. It was surrounded by a high steep cliff from one side, and by jungle from the other. To the left of kommandos position there was a road coming from within the camp and going around the rocks. Camp consisted of crude palisade with few sentry towers, several tents and few corrugated iron sheds. Inside the encampment there was about fifty orks and swarms of goblin-like grots.

Kommando leader was observing the camp through his binocular, scratching his chin and muttering to himself. Finally he grinned and beckoned to one of the orks to come to him. "Grabsnik ya see them fuel barrels over there?" He said giving his binocular to the smaller ork and pointing in the direction of the camp.

"Yeah boss. I see 'em."

"Good. Now ya sneak up to dat fence and throw a bomb at them barrels." He turned to the rest of his mob. "Then we'll get stuck in. Got it boyz?" Orks nodded. "Good. Now go Grabsnik. And don't let em see ya!"

Mob observed as lone kommando sneaked to the palisade. One of the sentries on the tower turned in his direction and ork dropped to the ground. For few moments they thought that he was discovered, but after a while guard turned around. Greenskin sprinted to the fence and pulled a bomb from his backpack.

The rest readied their weapons: knives, pistols, machineguns, grenades... Everything that could be used to hurt somebody. Warkot was holding his trusty axe in one hand and mallet-like grenade in the other. Mob awaited for signal.

After a moment of tweaking with the bomb, the saboteur tossed it behind the palisade and run in the opposite direction as fast as he could.

Explosion ripped the fuel storage and nearby constructions, sending the flaming splinters across the camp.

Entire mob of Kommandos stood up as one and charged in the direction of the breach with deafening battle cry on their mouths. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

Orks quickly got inside the encampment and attacked shocked and disorganized defenders.

Warkot tossed his grenade in the general direction of the enemy, not caring if it will hit anybody. Now da fun beginz! He quickly spotted a group of hostiles and charged. They didn't see him coming, with a accurate swing of his axe he decapitated first ork, before the other one could react Warkot delivered a powerful headbutt sending his opponent to the ground. "Hur hur hur! Amateurs!" Then a bullet hit his weapon, blasting the head of the axe from the handle. Surprised greenskin turned around in the direction from where the shot came. There he saw a grot holding a still smoking gun in his hands, creature's expression quickly changed from excitement and pride to sheer terror. Kommando quickly covered the distance between them in few steps and delivered a powerful kick to unfortunate grot, sending the tiny greenskin high into the air.

The kommandos were clearly winning the fight, surprise attack and confusion allowed them to overcome more numerous enemy. It'z a good day to be an ork! Warkot thought. Then something drew his attention. Big armoured vehicle appeared near the main entrance to the camp. There was a big ork standing on the roof of the machine, carrying an enormous gun mounted on his shoulder. He turned the weapon in the direction where Warkot and most of his comrades were standing and activated it. Coils surrounding the gun's barrel began to spin.

Warkot examined the weapon and his eyes widened in fear. "SHOKK ATTACK GUN!" He managed to shout a moment before the energy blast exploded at his feet and reality collapsed around him.

The world around him was replaced by the fierce maelstrom of energy, lights and distorted creatures. The only thing he could feel was a sensation of flying at very high speed. Hundreds of hungry demons began to pursue him. After a few seconds of flight he hit something and was blinded by the explosion of light.


Everfree Forest.
Name stirring up fear and uneasiness. Few dared to enter its dark canopy. Even fewer could safely walk its paths.
Apparent peace and deep silence was concealing a war for survival, going on there every day and night.
Peace and silence that was now disrupted.
Deep within the forest a violet spark appeared several metres above the ground. Then another one, dancing around the first. Soon more appeared, swirling madly in the air. The dance continued for a few seconds before sparks fused together forming a circle.
Circle emitted a blinding flash and turned into something else.
Something big...

*THUD!*"Owww ZOG!" ...and alive.

"My 'ead!" The ork muttered in a snarling voice, as he struggled to stand up after close encounter with a rocks.

Greenskin raised his taloned hands to his face. "Everyfin' in place. Good." He bent down do pick up an ushanka hat and placed it on his head. "It takes moar than some of them demon fingz to take down dis ork. Hur hur!" Truth to be told he was shocked that he was still alive and he was still dazed from his flight. Being sucked into the warp rarely ended well for the participants.
"Okay ladz! Lets get 'em!" He shouted reeling.

No one answered him.

"Ladz?" Still silence. "Boyz?" Then he realised that he wasn't in the same place where he was only seconds ago. Zoggin' Shokk attack gunz! He kneeled and looked around. Nothing seemed familiar to him. "Mork damnit!" Ork reached for his machine gun an loaded it.
Keeping his gun ready, the greenskin cautiously climbed the rocks he hit earlier. From this safer position he scanned the surroundings. He was completely alone. "Wot da zog? LADZ! Where are ya!?" No response. Not good! Around him there were no bodies and no signs or sounds of battle. Ork that fired at him was equipped with the dreaded reality warping cannon, or as the orks called it Shokk attack gun.
Now he was completely alone, far from a fight in an unknown forest.

Zog me. I must find da boyz. Warkot stepped down from the rock formation. There was no visible patch or clearing nearby. With his gun ready in his hands he stepped into the bushes, not knowing where his feet will carry him.


Three days.
"Three zoggin' days!" Warkot punched the nearby tree in frustration.
He was still lost in the Everfree forest, unable to find a way out and his food supplies run out two days ago. Where are them stoopid grotz and squigz when ya need 'em!?
He tried to hunt, but the only thing he managed to cath was a wolflike creature that turned out to be made of wood, and thus inedible for him.
The other time he run into a great lion with bat wings and scorpion tail. He barely escaped and used up most of his ammunition to fend off the beast. And to make it worse I'm almost out of grog.

Angry and hungry ork stalked through the thicket trying to make as little noise as possible. The last three days tought him that in this forest it is better to remain undetected. Suddenly he heard something different than sounds of the forest, a talk. Ork stopped and listened for few moments, when he was sure where it was coming from he slowly moved in that direction.

"... that was very nice of her." A soft, quiet voice stated.

"Yup. I thought that they were rivals but they do care about each other." Other more confident answered.

Warkot crept to the next bush and a path appeared before him. When he looked to the right he saw three creatures coming in his direction. Two of them resembled horses. One was yellow and had wings. The other one was violet and had horn on its forehead. The third creature looked like some kind of bipedal, purple lizard.
A nasty grin appeared on ork's face as he pulled out his cleaver. Dis iz me lucky day. He remained unmoving, hidden in the bush, awaiting an opportunity to strike.

When they were right next to him lizard spoke while sniffing the air. "Hey can you smell that?"

Before any of reptile's companions could respond, Warkot jumped from the bush and grabbed the lavender pony by its throat, lifting it in the air. Pony groaned and squirmed in his grip. Ork licked his lips and raised the cleaver. "Hur hur hur!" Before he could strike he felt something scratching his left leg.

"LEAVE TWILIGHT ALONE YOU MONSTER!" Small scaled creature shouted and hit ork's leg with its claws.

Greenskin looked down and kicked the assailant at the yellow pony, knocking them both down. When he looked back at the creature in his grasp he saw that its horn was glowing. "Wot da-" Before he could finish, a powerful magical blast hit him square in the jaw sending him several metres backwards.

"Owwww..." Ork stood up unsteadily. He shook his head, turned to his would-be victims and grinned. "So da dinner foights back?" He charged at the ponies with a battle cry. "WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

"STOP!!!"

Greenskin stopped instantly as if hit by a ton of bricks. Stunned by the force of the shout, he looked around searching for its source. The only thing he saw was the yellow pony standing in front of him.

"WOT DA ZOG!?"