• ...
 0
 499

Unrest in the house of light

Or meanwhile, at the hall of justice...I mean inside Alan's head


Arthur sat there, looking at Me in slight contempt. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.
"You're a fool, Alan Knightly... A goddamn fool" I dare not raise my head to look him in the eye.
As far as i could tell, I failed. I failed at protecting everyone, and in the end... my life was saved by a self-righteous, Self centered asshole. Merlin grabbed me by the arm and lifted me up. "okay Arthur, that's enough"
Arthur then got up into Merlin's face and began to shout. "Is it? IS IT? We wasted our time, we should have waited for someone more worthy but NO, You had to decide to just pick this little crying bitch because you thought there was something in him"
Merlin was taken aback by the comment. the dark haired man then hung his head before turning to me.

"i'm sorry Alan for..." Merlin trailed off as i finally raised my head. I watched as they stepped back in fear.
"tell me everything"
Arthur saw the grim look and resigned himself to his fate. "There was another who came before you,"
He sighed as he continued, "He was a hero and your brother and my son, He fought the darkness, and the darkness won."
I looked at the former King of camelot, and with a deep regret weighing down on me, I too sighed in defeat.
"he fought bravely, and he died bravely
But he was forsaken by the ones he wished to save.
And when he died he died in vain"

I looked up at Merlin who had continued to explain. He looked as though he was about to punch something.
"listen carefully, You need to know that you are not him and that this fights not yours"
I took a deep sigh as i stood up. I then began to walk off into the other parts of my mind.
Taking each step as it comes, I could see memories of the past. how i had changed into a soldier willing to give up everything.
looking back, I saw the time spent with Twilight.

I stopped running. "I need to wake up from this" I sighed.
Arthur and Merlin stopped to look at me for a moment, then without warning, the former king lunged at me with his sword.
"the one thing you should know by now is that there's no easy way out" I rolled out of the way. "ARTHUR" Merlin shouted. he then attempted to use his magic to stop the king, but it never worked.
Merlin was thrown away by Arthur, who then proceeded to launch a flurry of attacks my way. As usual i defended.

"This wont solve anything," I said between breaths. "your blind to the truth" I grabbed the blade of Arthur's sword and tore it out of his hands. "And besides, the people need me, so let me wake up!" the last sentence was abruptly cut off by a backhand to the face. I stood defiantly against the foolish king. Growing ever more pissed off.

"This is getting old Arthur, You and I aren't enemies" I then brought my fist up to his chin.
"its over man, just give up" I then shouted at the king.

he rolled over and simply shot me an indignant look. "Fine, but don't expect a warm welcome"


I woke up in a hospital bed with a minor concussion. "Doctor?" I called out.
the hospital was quiet except for the noise of the heart monitors beeping away.
I simply laid there, staring at the ceiling.

then came the sounds of fighting, people shouting and issuing orders and the screams of injured patients.
It had to stop.

I got out of bed and began to suit up.