• ...
 0
 499

%1% become the hero

You might want to have this playing in the background


chapters 1 to 3


I sat and watched as the Young soldier came to terms with the death of another. As I looked to Alan, I could see the broken spirit lingering.That's when I watched him falter, he became angry. Shining Armor had moved to try and console him. but to no avail. As I made my way towards the temporary base of operations there was a brief moment of fear. I felt my aunt's presence behind me "Blueblood, what happened back there"

I simply lowered my head."alot of things Aunt Celestia" I explained what happened in great detail. how Rocky had fallen to protect us from whatever is coming. "BlueBlood, what I say now, stays between us"


"corporal Rocky Rhoads knew the dangers of the job, and so do you, he gave his life to buy us all enough time to stop the Changeling threat," she took a moment to think. "now think about it, He needs help, and lots of it"
she took a deep breath then called for Shining, Issuing the feared order.


Order 217.



the march of war.


War... War never changes.
The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

Like a deadly plague that sweeps across the land, claiming all that it touches. War corrupts, demonizes and changes people.


some for the better, others for the worse.

It was within the last few months that the fighting got worse.
thats when the squad was once again put into action.

Alan sat there with a grim expression on his face. the kind of expression one would see before they die.
He wore it well. looking to the other squad members, I noticed things. Showdown was absent upon request, Alan felt as though the poor sniper had been through enough already.

It had been two whole months since this war started.

Tarturus looked more and more appealing by the second.


The war raged, ever oblivious to the flow of time. I stood, watching as soldiers continually gave their lives for Equestria.
I did what i could with the little healing magic I had. but in the end, It wasn't enough.
the dead were in the hundreds, but for the changelings it was a different story.

Alan was there, on the front lines. He was doing what he now does best. The impossible.
But that was it, He could only do so much. I watched as he became more and more fatigued, but he still kept going, Like something was driving him. I took notice of the sword, It's ethereal glow shining through the blood. but that's when it all began to, as the commoners say, go to shit.

Alan fell to his knees, but continued to defend the injured.
I could only watch as he struggled to his feet.
I began to assault the enemy with magic before finally reaching Alan.

It was apparent at that point that the injuries sustained on that day were nothing compared to this war.
I carried the poor hero back to camp, giving Shining a nod and a solemn look. Alan was now becoming unfit for duty.
I knew what I had to do.

I had to take the fight to them, whatever the cost. as I called forth my own personal guard, I began to question my own self.
Thinking back to what had been said, everyone was right about me. if it hadn't been for Alan, I'd simply be sitting back watching the world burn under Tirek's rule. I decided to put together a plan. A plan that would most likely cost me my life.


"Aunt Celestia," I called forth. "I need to speak with you again"
within a few spellbinding moments, Celestia appeared. "Nephew, what is wrong?"
I had explained to her about Alan. "With all due respect, Alan can handle it"

Once again, she was proven wrong. "He can barely stand, the poor man is no soldier"
"He volunteered like the others" Celestia argued, but deep down she knew I was right.
I took a deep sigh. "so what? if he dies out there, your student won't be the same"
Celestia recoiled. she looked as though she were in deep thought.

"let the boy get some rest at least, I've got a plan"

"do what you must dear nephew" Celestia promptly left soon after.

I looked toward the battle ground with uncertainty. the changelings had opted to use cowardly tactics in an attempt to get us to fight each other. never worked though. As the sun gave way to the moon, I could detect life on the move.
"BlueBlood, why did you pull me out?" I heard Alan speak. I turned to him and thought for a moment.
No-one has had the courage to speak to me like that and get away with it, he gave me the kick in the ass i needed, and he's asking me why i pulled him out?

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came. "Nevermind, just.... when I'm 100% again, I'll be back out there"
He spoke with a tone you shouldn't argue with. Like a man on a mission. As He began to walk away, I decided to report to the armory, Intent on doing what I must in order to keep the poor man safe.

but there was nothing to stop what would happen next.
not even my aunts could.

Something a few meters away had exploded. if I hadn't known him, I would have stood still, but something in me compelled me to jump in the way. As the shrapnel bore into my flesh, I fell to the floor.

Fading in and out of consciousnesses, I could only pray that the suit had arrived in time.


BlueBlood lay there on the operating table in the medical barracks. there was little hope for the injured man.
Alan stood by and simply waited for news, news from home, news from the frontlines, any news would be good.
but nothing ever came. for a brief moment, he noted the Heart monitor stop and start. BlueBlood seemed to be clocking out.

As medics rushed toward the prince, The bleeding blonde grabbed a lapel. an air of a whisper floated by Alan's ears.
"Proceed with order 24601- operation Proto"


Operation Proto. a medical and military breakthrough. designed to combine the strength of an earther with the magical capabilities of a Magi. Of course there have been a few mistakes made along the way but, when has anything gone according to plan. As I was wheeled into a larger room, I began to prepare my mind for hours of pain, but it would be worth it.
having looked over the plans, I noticed it was originally intended for Alan, not as life support but as armor.

I needed both. Alan had fought so hard these past few months while i just sat back and made sure no-one was badly injured.
I can't help but feel useless. But none of that matters now...

the scent of disinfectant and the sounds of steel scraping against bone had become more apparent, as if the sounds themselves echoed around my cerebral cortex. I simply looked at the doctor and gave them the greenlight.
They began to operate, pulling shards of metal out of my body and fixing a crystal imbued with magic to my heart.
The feeling of having raw magical energy surging through me was enough to make me scream out in agony, but I gritted my teeth and carried on. then they began the painstaking process of suturing the smaller wounds.

Oh the joys of no anesthetics. I could feel the needles piercing my skin. If Alan could see my face, he'd be laughing.
after the needles had stopped their hellish bombardment, I looked across to the other operating table.
"how is he, doctor?" The doctor looked at me for a moment then sighed.
"He'll make a full recovery, but...he'll"
"want to go straight back out there, I know" with in a few seconds, I had movement in most of my extremities again.
Within minutes I was being showered with healing magic.

I looked around the medical encampment, seeing casualties either side of me. I began my painstaking walk to the armory.
As i walked, I could hear soldiers shouting and barking orders at one another, then came the explosion again. followed by painful silence,


I finally reached the Armory and walked to what looked like a gigantic block of cement. the two guards looked at me in apprehension. "Open it" as they did, the light caught the armor, refracting off into different points.
I stepped into the armor with a sigh.

my final thought before taking the fight to them? I knew i should have stayed in bed today