• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 1,516 Views, 11 Comments

Cloud Nine - ThatPonyNextDoor



It's a FlutterDash shipping....

  • ...
2
 11
 1,516

Rescue

Rainbow Dash eased her way into the forgotten ruin. Her hoofsteps echoed of the damp walls. The sound drops of water bounced off the walls. She reached the center of the opening corridor where paths branched off in several directions. She waited a minute to listen to the small noises and traveled up the hallway of the leftmost path. She followed the twists and turns of the halls. Dead end after dead end until finally arriving in a dark room.

"Fluttershy, Fluttershy! it's me! Rainbow Dash!" She yelled through the room. 'No answer' she thought to herself until hearing a low growl on the far side of the room followed by heavy breathing just right to the room's opening. "Fluttershy..." Rainbow whispered to the direction of the heavy breathing.

Fluttershy inched herself towards the direction of Rainbow Dash and the door. "Thank you." Fluttershy whispered to Rainbow. She stopped once the growling was backed up by other voices starting their low snarls. The sounds grew closer and closer to their position. "Hurry up Fluttershy!" Rainbow started to yell in a rushed voice.

"I'm going, I'm going." Fluttershy started to tear up in her slow sidesteps to the door. "They're getting close!" Rainbow pressed. "Once you get to the door... we're gonna sprint towards the exit okay?" Rainbow Dash precipitated. Several tense moments passed by with the constant growling reminding them the danger.

By the time the two pegasi were gathered by the door exit the creatures in the dark sprinted towards them. The girls made for the exit, following the same odd halls that Rainbow ventured through earlier. Their adrenaline pumped through so fast it went by in a blur. Next thing they knew they were running towards Ponyville when their fatigue caught up with them.

"Thanks for... saving me." Fluttershy barely managed to say between the quick panting. Fluttershy nearly collapsed before alarming Rainbow. "You need help Fluttershy?" Rainbow asked, not too tired from the run out. "Yeah." Was all Fluttershy managed to say.
Rainbow wrapped her right wing over the back of Fluttershy's. She stood right next to the other to steady them both. The sun started dipped behind the mountains turning the sky into a mix of orange and light yellow. They started their trek back to Ponyville. Even spotting Zecora's hut on the way. Eventually making it into the familiar setting of the area around Fluttershy's cottage.

"Well uh... we made it." Rainbow stated.

"Hey uh... thanks for... bringing me back." Fluttershy said in a way to make sound less cliché. Before RD could properly reply Fluttershy interrupted with "You wanna do something?"

"Like what? It's pretty dark already." Rainbow asked stunned by her normally reserved friend.

"I know a hill where... we can watch the stars tonight... if that's cool with you?" Fluttershy shyly asked.

Rainbow again surprised by the statement. "Uhhh.... sure. Why not?" She said.

Fluttershy let off a small smile and took her friend to the hill just mentioned. The two sat on the top of the hill, leaning their backs against the wood of the old oak tree overlooking the town. By then the sky turned into a slightly dark violet. The bright lights of the stars lit the night sky. The first few minutes remained quiet although nothing much needed to be said.
The smile from Fluttershy turned into a full smile while staring at the stars. The lights gleamed off and lit up her face.

"Why have I never seen you smile like that?" Rainbow asked.

"You haven't?" Fluttershy questioned although her smile didn't die down.

Her smile radiated around and Rainbow's smirk grew into a smile too. "You should smile more! They're almost as contagious as Pinkie's constant smiles!" Dash joked. The two joked until it slowly turned into playful roughhousing. The two wrestled as a game until finally Rainbow found herself the victor. Standing over the blushing face of her friend.

"Hehe i call a rematch!" Fluttershy giggled. In the middle of Rainbow's little speech, Fluttershy flipped her onto her back. This time finding herself over the other.

"Hey no fair. You caught me off guard." Rainbow said but was too comfortable to do anything about it. The two stayed still then Fluttershy turned over. The two lying next to each other instead watched the sky quietly. Fluttershy turned her head to face Rainbow's.
After a moment of hesitation she pushed her head forward. The two shared a passionate kiss, their muzzles interlocking. Their tongues interlaced and the seconds felt like minutes passing by. The strand of love was eventually broken by Rainbow Dash who shot back to question it.

"What are we doing?" Rainbow asked questionably.

"I thought it was pretty self explanatory." Fluttershy responded. Her previously open and happy personality replaced by her shy and quiet one.

"What would the others think of us if they found out?" Rainbow asked, turning towards Fluttershy who yielded no response. A disappointed "Sorry" was all Fluttershy could muster before getting up and leaving. Leaving Rainbow to her thoughts on the hill. She sat their for a good ten minutes until being shot with a sudden pang of guilt and realization. She started running down to Fluttershy's cottage which by then the doors were locked.

'She's right, who cares what others would think.' She pondered her thoughts. 'I'll tell her tommorow. Tommorow...' she concluded before heading back to her own home for the night.

———————————————--

Rainbow was wide awake, even before Pinkie Pie managed to wake up. She shot out the front door faster than a bullet. Arriving at Fluttershy's cottage in ten seconds flat. She knocked on the door, which a couple seconds later opened slowly. Fluttershy's face appeared in the doorway. Fluttershy's eyes shot open with surprise once feeling the warmth of Rainbow's lips on her own. The two pulled away for a split second.

"I thought.... you?.... I.." The lack of words brought the two in for another kiss. This time lasting a lot longer than the previous two. The world around them melting away, unsure of how long they kissed for. By the time they snapped back to reality they were both panting heavily. Spotting a very confused Twilight and Pinkie standing on the lawn of the cottage.

"We... weren't sure if you were okay or... not but looks like..... you two seem fine." Twilight mumbled out.

"I... didn't know you two were fillyfoolers!?" Pinkie said aloud.

A bright red blush swept over both of the pegasi's cheeks. "Is their a problem you have with me and my..." Rainbow paused to search for the right word until just settling with the term "Marefriend."