• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,151 Views, 4 Comments

Wet Paint - ~Controvercity



Princess Celestia hides her passions from the world, as her mind and body collapse on her.

  • ...
1
 4
 1,151

-Chapter 2- Hung over

Late in the morning, Dust flew gently threw the air. It spun and swirled about before being breathed up in the princesses nostril. "ZZzzaahh!" She exclaimed as she woke, a loose page still stuck to her cheek. "Wassit... Wha What time is it?!"

I hoped up and ran to a window, the cold air breezed in, flowing against my face, I breathed in feeling the cold chill down my throat... I suddenly noticed what time it was. "Ssshoot"

The princess bolted down the stairs, leaping three at a time. She hustled down nearly tripping constantly

"Shoot Shoot shoot shoot! This is bad!!" Just as the ground started to peer out the side of the spiral staircase, I felt the world dart out towards me far faster than I wanted. "AAahh!!" I flapped my wings in vain, trying to pick myself up before I fell, but I was to close to the ground. I slammed down hard protecting my precious face with the joint of my wing. "Aaahrg, I don't have time for this!" Just as quickly as I tumbled I got to my hoofs and started to gallop.

Celestia flapped her wings to fly, but her left just wouldn't budge. "Ouch, damn these hollow bones" She dashed down the main hall and across the royal garden. Guards flew by her side.

"Your highness are you okay?" Asked the guard captain.

"Can't talk... Running... Erk!" Cramps caught up with her royal sides, just in time, she arrived at her alter. Her horn shined bright as it rose skyward, with it the sun began to pick it's self up... "~Yawn!" The spell broke as the princess gaped widely.

"Watch it!" Luna exclaimed as she caught the sun before it fell. "Thou almost dropped it"

"*Sigh* Thank you Luna"

"Where were Thou?" Sister seemed quite bitter "Nopony caught eye nor ear of thou all night" I wanted to think fast, I wanted to but I stumbled fast instead. "I passed out in a bush" Not my best excuse, but it would do.

"In a bush? What ever were thou doing in a bush so late at night?"

"I euh..." Noticing the page still pressed to my cheek "I was out and about, studying... Plants... When a branch fell on me!"

"A branch?"

"Yeah it hurt my wing... Oow~" I showed her my swollen feathers. She didn't seem to believe my story, but accepted my false proof. Just as soon a small herd of ponies huddled over to see my wound and shouted caring questions at me.

"Thou should see to that, sister... a broken wing is no image for a princess" Her eyes scolded me like fire as she slowly turned and trotted away.

Within moments, Princess Celestia was brought to an infirmary and treated with far more care than was needed.

"Were you attacked?" Asked a concerned mare.

"No no... Just a loose branch, it must of fallen on me during the night"

"Did you see who made it fall?" Questioned another.

"Nopony did, it fell on it's own."

"Oh my! so the tree attacked you!" The third guest asked, only then did I notice their hats and cameras.

"No no no. Nopony attacked me, the branch fell on it's own, it was an old tree and the branch just let go." The three journalists seemed displeased by that announcement, but took it for true. and asked questions to nurses and doctors instead.

The princess rested more a few moments, which gave her time to think... She noticed how clearly she was thinking, as opposed to last night, and what kind of trouble her late night got her into. But she did not regret it, even for a moment.

I trotted onto my balcony, my pride flowing, giving off my best smile. a herd of ponies massed up before the castle wall. I focused on seeming happy, yet sorry. "Hello everypony... I would like to apologize for this mornings events." I turned nonchalantly, showing off my bandaged wing. "I am deeply sorry that the sun was late, and that you may have been late because of me. I am sorry for neglecting my duties this morning. I hope you can all accept my apologies and forgive me." Even though I was telling the truth, it felt like a lie. Maybe because it was the only true part of the entire story... But then a thought crossed my mind and it was the only thing that mattered "~Twilight's cake!"