• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,151 Views, 4 Comments

Wet Paint - ~Controvercity



Princess Celestia hides her passions from the world, as her mind and body collapse on her.

  • ...
1
 4
 1,151

-Chapter 1- The itch

“White... White white white... Gold and white... Everything is golden and white... Pretty... But bland...” I looked down at my hoofs as I climbed the many stairs. “White and gold... *Sigh*” I peered out the window, trying not to be seen. Guards flew around like busy bees... There’s no way I could fly to the top without being seen. I thought as I climbed the stairs. Simply no way... My hoofs felt like mush as I climbed the tower, so used to flying, this many steps wore terribly at these pretty legs.

She paused, catching her breath as she peered once more at that door. The green door, made of dry wood and black iron bindings with chipped paint. It smells like regret and insanity. Her horn glows blue as she molds a key out magic and dust, the lock clicks and the door swings open... The pearly white pony trots into the room, kicking off her shoes and tossing her crown, she makes herself naked and leaps into a large sty of pillows. She was alone once more in her sanctum... her beloved lair.

The windows in that room are obsidian, black crystals that let no light in. I open the jet glass with my magic and light flooded in.

Her room was marked and painted insanely with every color imaginable, splashes of green and purple covered the walls. The ceiling was stained orange and yellow, red and pink. On the floor countless spills and drools of paint and gouache filled the ground. Black, blue, brown, green and pink hoof marks covered the floor and walls. There was no order to the mess of bright shades and there was no white.
It felt good to be inside this place again, this room in which I spend so many years captive. I grew accustom... comfortable in here. These four walls are like a second womb to me. And yet I only see it once a month or so... I wanted to paint, I wanted to unwind.

The princess set flame to a small prism of chalky orange incense, and breathed in the pink fumes that it gave off.
Pink freckles formed on my cheeks and between my eyes as I giggled like a little filly. Teehee~ Time for some RandR. I turned to the masterpiece, my huge canvas, soon to be fresco. I had been working on it for nearly twelve years now, it’s colored in many spectrums and explodes with all the foolie that runt of a draconequus gave me. I stared at the thick slab of modern art in admiration, though it was mostly shades of purple at the time. But I was ready to get back to work and try once more to finish my art. It’s a shame... I thought. Nopony will ever get to see it. And yet I’m sure everypony would love my art *Sigh* of course they would... I’m the princess after all... The wild smell of fairy dust brought me away, like a ship with high sails. My favorite color at the moment was pink... It was all I could think about. I smeared pink hearts and swirls around the splashes of purple ink and violet stripes.

As she painted. A green and white mist flew in through the window and danced about before her. Transfixed by the magic dust, it soon flashed and turned into a scroll of parchment. Odd... She thought. Twilight already sent her report this week, what could this be? The princess slowly unrolled the parchment with glee, giggling as she peers into the text.

Dear princess Celestia

Today, Pinkypie, Applejack and I prepared numerous pastries for a play Applebloom will soon be appearing in, as we baked we sang and danced, but in a fit of musicality we prepared far too many sweet meals and decided to give a few away. When I saw this cake I thought of you and had it shipped right away. I hope you enjoy it, please write back.
Sincerely your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle

“*Giggle* A cake from Twilight~ I can’t wait to try it!” I wiped my drooling lips off on my messy hoofs and immediately kissed the still wet fresco. The shape of my two lips marked the artwork in bright red.

As the incense finished burning, the princess slowly regained her mind. What time is it? She thought. Stepping back to look at her art. “Wha... It’s looking good...” She studied the width of her canvas as it layered nearly three inches thick of paint, painted over and over again and again... What time is it? She thought again.

I moved to an open window and peered outside, the sun was still high and and bright. “I have plenty of time... But I wish I had more...” I wanted to paint some more, but less insanely. I sat down in my favorite poof and picked up a figurine. “Maybe I’ll sneak these two in the kitchen and ask that they be used on the wedding cake? Hmn...” I happily set them down, what I wanted to paint was purple... That was all I could think about... Purple... I was thirsty and needed a drink.

The princess gathered and mixed her finest dried fruit and favorite mushrooms into a shake, as she drank the cocktail she felt more healthy and attentive. And with it inside her, she got painting.

“Hmn... Maybe more time wouldn’t be that great...” thinking out loud to myself. “longer workdays would be a tire and my special days in my lair would seem to never come...” I noticed the figure of a white unicorn toppled over a little drake. “*Giggle* I should lower the legal age for them.” Playfully I stood them up right and hugged them together. Blushing I looked left to right out of reflex and picked up the figures I was painting... “Dear princess Celestia~” I giggled to myself in a fillyish voice. “Yes my faithful student?” I blushed furiously as I pulled the two toys together...

She pondered and wondered, hunched over her books. Bright green and blue incense filled her sanctum as she studied into the night...

“Time... Time is so... *Grumble* I’ll figure this one out soon...” I buried deep into the arcana, trying furiously to remember my youth, back when magic was my playing field... I was starting to feel old. But Determined I would soon bend and wind the flow of time as I do my voice... “I’ll slow down time when I’m having fun and speed it up when I’m bored *Sigh* but time is such a hard material... I’m starting to remember why StarSwirl was such a great colt.”
Just then a thought ran through her mind, like a bolt of fiery lightning. Ahaa! She yelled and wrote line after line of dark green text into her grimoire. “Wait... She paused. That might not work... *Sigh* Damn, guess I’ll have to test... It... *Yawn* out... I'll just...” ...