• Published 17th May 2021
  • 4,588 Views, 128 Comments

My Little Pony: The Mobian Era - Mister E-Nonymous



The entire country of Equestria and small section outside of the border have been sent to an entirely different world, and every creature was given a form in between human and what species they are. Even meet some new friends on their adventure.

  • ...
14
 128
 4,588

Episode 6: Road Trip!

Episode 6: Road Trip!


In Knothole, Maria Robotnik, the human girl turned hedgehog and stuck in suspended animation for 50 years, was being checked on by Tails and Rotor. She had an electronic headband on her head with wires connected, a thermometer in her mouth, and suction cups with wires on her arms. Tails and Rotor were checking the monitors on the computer that the headband and the suction cups were connected to.

A beeping came from the computer, and Tails said, "Well, by the looks of it, Maria, you have a clean bill of health. You no longer have the Neuro-Immune Deficiency Syndrome."

"Yeah," said Rotor. "You're healthy as a horse." He then thought of something. "Would that be offensive to Princess Twilight and her friends in Equestria?"

Tails shrugged his shoulders and then headed over to Maria. He then removed the headband, suction cups and thermometer from Maria. Maria then got out of the seat she was sitting in, and she, Tails and Rotor walked out of the building.

The Freedom Fighters gathered up.

"So, how's the new girl?" Sonic asked.

"She's A-Okay, Sonic," Tails said.

"Well, that's good," Sally said. "Although, it is going to be a little awkward having a Robotnik being a part of the Freedom Fighters. Knowing what happened with you know who."

The others, except for Maria, tilted and nodded their heads. Maria then asked, "What? What do you mean?"

MC sighed and said, "Maria, this might sound tough for you, but your cousin, Julian Robotnik, has become a psychotic evil scientist. He started a war between humans and Mobians."

"He... he did?" Maria asked. "Where is he?"

"We don't know," Amy said. "The last time we saw him was when Sonic, MC, and Twilight and her friends blasted him out of a window in Equestria, from a castle that has fallen off a cliff."

"Well, we don't have to go through every detail," Sonic said. "We can worry about Eggman later." He then looked over towards Maria and said, "That's what I'm calling your cousin, by the way."

"Alright," said Sally. "Since we have nothing else to do, what do you all want to do?"

"How about we let the new sugarhog choose?" Bunnie asked.

"Really?" Maria asked.

"Well, you are the newest member here," Sonic said. "You choose."

Maria thought about it. She then said, "Well, we could see some of the sights across the country. I'd like to see how much things have changed for fifty years."

The group looked around at each other, smirking. Then Sonic asked, "You guys thinking what I'm thinking?"

Then the group, except for Maria, said in unison, "Road Trip!"

"Just to let y'all know, Ah might have trouble getting through places with metal detectors," Bunnie said, raising her robotic arm.

"Well, can we invite Twilight and her friends?" Cream asked.

"Yeah, and maybe they can bring those fillies, Spike, Joshua and some of their friends," Tails said.

"As long as those kids have permission from their parents," MC said. "Come to think of it, we should have some permission slips for their parents or guardians to sign." The others nodded.

"I'm sure they can get permission from their parents or guardians," Sally said. "I'll have Nicole make them some permission slips."

"We'll get started on that after dinner," Sonic said.

"Yeah," Tails said after rubbing his belly. "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse."

"That would be offensive to the Equestrians," MC said as all of them headed for the mess hall.



At the Castle of Friendship, Twilight and her friends, along with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Spike, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, the Young Six, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, Guard Armor, Flurry Heart, Twilight Velvet and Night Light were there. It had been about a week since the Freedom Fighters announced the Road Trip.

"This is so exciting!" Twilight said. "I can't believe we're getting to see part of the country that the Freedom Fighters reside. We might even see so many historic places."

"Yeah, Twi," Rainbow Dash said, crossing her arms. "I'm more interested in how much fun stuff there is to do on the trip."

"And we've done so many royal decisions for the next couple of months, so we're all good," Spike said. "Now, all we have to do is wait for the Freedom Fighters to come and tell us to go through the portal."

"Ah still can't believe you're comin' along, Diamond Tiara," Apple Bloom said to the pink filly. "Ya actually wanna come over to the other side of the portal?"

"Well, yeah," Diamond Tiara said. "I actually wanted to see this country since we came here and got our freedom back." She then leaned towards Apple Bloom and said, "Plus, I got my dad to sign it before he went out of town, and it's way better than staying home with my mother. Who's trying to force me not to go on this trip."

"Well, at least you got your permission slip signed by your father," Nyx said. "That doesn't mean she shouldn't let you enjoy a field trip."

"So, when are these Freedom Fighters going to arrive?" Silver Spoon asked.

Just then, the portal started rippling, and out came Sally, smiling. She then said, "You got what we asked you to bring?"

Rarity nodded, saying, "Of course." Rarity then pulled out three bags.

"Why did you ask us to bring gems?" Twilight asked.

"All gems are valuable," Sally said. "Depending on what size or type they are. It'll be enough for everyone here to get food, hotel rooms, even some souvenirs."

"Well, that's good to hear," Twilight said. "Now, let's get going."

Sally took the bags of gems, and then all of them headed towards the portal. But they all stopped when they heard the doors slam open, all of them turning their heads towards the door, seeing Spoiled Rich standing there.

"I don't think so," Spoiled Rich said. "Diamond, I will not let you go to a place full of disgusting creatures." She then pointed at Joshua. "Like that creature that's been here for years."

"Hey!" Joshua shouted.

"You do realize that Equestria had humans over a thousand years ago, right?" Twilight asked.

"And the humans of that country have no reason to fear us," Starlight said. "The president of the United States have formed an alliance with Equestria."

"I don't care," Spoiled Rich said, grabbing Diamond Tiara's arm. "I will not let you take my Diamond away for a good for nothing field trip. I know what's best for her."

Then Nicole appeared, her arms crossed. She then said, "And what's best for her is using the Ponyville Schoolhouse funding to pre-order a statue of Diamond Tiara for winning the election for Student Pony President, even though the election wasn't until the next day."

"What?!" Twilight asked. "That's... that's illegal!"

"It is?" Spoiled Rich asked. She then started to get scared, and started backing up towards the door, pulling Diamond Tiara when stepping back.

Twilight got angry and said, "Everypony, cover your ears." The ponies, Spike, Joshua, Sally and the Young Six covered their ears. Twilight then used the Royal Canterlot Voice and shouted, "GUARDS!!" Then a bunch of royal guards ran in with spears. "Take Spoiled Rich here to prison. Apparently, she stole bits from the Ponyville Schoolhouse funding to finance a statue for her daughter winning the Student Pony President election a couple years ago, even though her daughter lost, and used the bits the day before the election."

The guards saluted, grabbed Spoiled Rich, made her let go of Diamond Tiara, and took her out of the room, as she was screaming, "NO! I won't forget this! My husband will bail me out!"

"Make sure she gets no bail!" Twilight said.

"OH, COME ON!!" Spoiled Rich shouted.

"Well, now that that's taken care of," Sally said. She then motioned her hand towards the portal.

In the town of Green Hills, Montana, the entire group from Ponyville, along with the Freedom Fighters (minus MC and Rotor), were waiting in the park by the Green Hills Community Theater. Sonic was tapping his foot impatiently.

Maria walked over towards Sonic and asked, "Are you okay?"

"What's taking those two so long?" Sonic asked. "This is longer than anything I had waited for for a long time." Sonic scowled. Maria saw Sonic's scowl and went wide eyed. She thought she imagined that Sonic was another hedgehog she knew. Maria rubbed her arm across her eyes. Sonic noticed it and asked, "You okay?"

Maria looked back at Sonic and said, "Sorry. You... you reminded me of someone I knew a long time ago." Just then, a loud horn came to all of their attention. The group looked towards the sound of the horn and saw a charter bus coming in to park. The bus stopped and the door opened up, revealing MC at the wheel.

"You know, this was the first time in a long while since I went on a trip like this," MC said. "This was the first time I'd be the one behind the wheel."

"Alright, everyone!" Sally said. "Pick a seat!" She then looked towards Princess Cadance and Shining Armor and said, "Princess Cadance, we had assigned some seats for your two foals."

"Oh, well that's good," said Princess Cadance. "As long as Flurry Heart doesn't do anything too drastic."

"Which is why I made this for her," Twilight said, walking up to Cadance and Flurry Heart. She then put a small ring on Flurry's horn. "This magic cancelling ring should prevent her from using her magic and breaking things. And the best part is, it can only be removed by the one who put it on."

"Well that'll keep her from removing it," said Shining. "Alright, let's get them seated."

"Ah'll take 'em, your highness," Bunnie said. "We better get them into their seats." Bunnie then took Flurry Heart in her arms and carried her onto the bus. Antoine did the same with Guard Armor. They placed Guard Armor and Flurry Heart into booster seats installed in a couple seats. All of the ponies, Freedom Fighters and other got into the seats of their choosing.

The seating arrangements went like this. The numbers are the rows of the seats, and L and R represent the sides of the bus. In 1L: Sonic and Tails. 1R: Twilight and Nyx. 2L: Bunnie and Antoine. 2R: Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. 3L: Mutt and Spike. 3R: Sandbar and Yona. 4L: Amy and Ocellus. 4R: Smolder, Cream and Cheese. 5L: Silverstream and Gallus. 5R: Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. 6L: Apple Bloom and Twist. 6R: Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. 7L: Joshua and Dinky. 7R: Guard Armor and Flurry Heart. 8L: Maria and Fluttershy. 8R: Rainbow Dash and Applejack. 9L: Rarity and Pinkie Pie. 9R: Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst. And in the last row on the left side of the bus, there was Rotor. And there was also a toilet on the right side of the bus.

MC looked back at the bus and said, "Good thing Rotor and I got the bus with seat belts. And for those who don't know how to use a seatbelt, Nicole will explain on the screens all over the bus to show you how they work."

Nicole then popped up on every screen. She then said, "Good day, Equestrians. Connected to your seats, there are straps with pieces of metal. Connect the metal part of one of the straps into the buckle on the other strap like this." Nicole connected the belt on the screen. Everyone did as she did. But some were loose, but one was too tight. "The buckles are also adjustable. If yours is too loose, pull on the strap coming from the buckle to tighten it. But if the buckle is too tight..." She then smirked. "I'm talking to you, Yona." That made everyone on the bus laugh. "...you can also adjust it to make it loose. On the road, keep the seat belts on until the bus comes to a stop at a rest stop or if we reach a certain destination. Thank you, and have a nice trip." Then the screens shut off.

"Alright, everyone," MC said. "We're on our way to our first destination. Mount Rushmore."

"What's so special about a Mountain?" Gallus asked.

Nicole appeared on Gallus's screen and said, "Mount Rushmore is a mountain with carvings of four of this countries previous presidents. The first president, George Washington. The third president, Thomas Jefferson. The sixteenth president, Abraham Lincoln. And the twenty-sixth president, Theodore Roosevelt. And the sculptor was Gutzon Borglum, who had taken 14 years to complete it, and ended it on Halloween in 1941."

"What's Halloween?" Gallus asked.

"Isn't that the holiday similar to Nightmare Night that Joshua was talking about?" Silverstream asked.

"It is," Joshua called out.

"Alright, everyone," MC said. "We're on our way." MC then drove the bus off, and they were heading off to their first destination.



Barely half an hour there, and most of everyone was bored. Sonic had his arms crossed in frustration.

"I haven't been this bored in a long time," Sonic said.

"Alright, alright," MC said. "I'll have Nicole put up a movie. Nicole, put on something that's age appropriate. Possible something PG without any adult language for the kids to repeat."

"Of course, Michael," Nicole said. Then on the screens, a movie started playing. That movie was Bolt from Disney. The group found the movie interesting. But to Twilight, she was really confused.

"No way," Twilight said. "Like a dog's DNA can be altered like that." But as soon as it got to a certain point in the movie, Twilight then said, "Oh, that makes sense. It was all special effects."

Hours passed and they eventually made it to Mount Rushmore. The group were astonished by how the mountain was carved. Twilight was astonished by how much texture there was in the mountain.

Applejack whistled and said, "That is some carvin'."

"Meh," Rainbow Dash said. "I've seen better."

"So, this sculpting took 14 years?" Gallus asked. "Must've been worth it if it took that long."

"The sculptor had a bunch of other projects at the time," Tails said.

"Although, it must have been hard for zis to be sculpted through rain, sleet or snow," Antoine said.

"How about we get a picture?" Rotor asked, setting up a tablet with a tripod. The group got closer together as Rotor setup the tablet to take a picture of them in front of the monument. Then the tablet took a picture of all of them. Rotor then walked over to the tablet and checked the picture. He got confused and asked, "Who or what is that thing picking Teddy Roosevelt's nose?"

The Freedom Fighters, Twilight and Spike walked over towards the tablet and they saw the picture. In the picture, there was a certain draconequus picking Theodore Roosevelt's nose.

"Discord!!" Twilight, Spike, Sonic, Tails, Amy and MC shouted angrily.

Then Discord, in the picture, laughed and said, "Sorry, I couldn't resist." He then snapped his fingers and appeared out of the picture, standing in front of the others. "I love road trips. And I have loads of fun on those road trips. Too bad, I haven't gone on a road trip in a long, long time. Mostly because I wasn't invited."

"Why is that?" Fluttershy asked.

"I have a feeling that he hasn't been the most polite guy on a road trip," MC said.

Discord then went wide eyed and said, "How'd you know that?"

"Lucky guess," MC said, smirking.

"Now, what are we doing next?" Discord asked.

"Ho boy," Sunburst said, putting two fingers to his glasses. "This is gonna be a long trip. Especially with him on the trip."

"Maybe I can drive the bus next," Discord said.

"NO!!" The Freedom Fighters all shouted.

"We're not gonna let some sick minded creep that can cause chaos by the snap of his fingers driving," Tails said. "Besides, only MC and Rotor each have a driver's license."

MC and Rotor pulled out their wallets, and pulled their driver's licenses, showing them to Discord. Then Discord snapped his fingers, and out came a floating wallet. He grabbed it, and pulled out a driver's license to show MC and Rotor. MC took the license and inspected it.

"According to this, this license expired over a thousand years ago," MC said.

"What?!" Discord shouted, looking back at the license. that made the other Freedom Fighters laugh. Discord got angry and said, "This is impossible."

"Alright, you all," MC said. "Let's get to the hotel. Nicole had made the reservations to a hotel room."

"We got rooms with two beds," Tails said. "Most of us are each going to have four share a room. So, we're all going to have to decide on who shares one room with who."

"It'll be easy," MC said." Shining Armor and Cadance will have their room with their babies. Twilight will do the same with Spike, Nyx and Joshua."

"Of course," Twilight, Shining Armor and Cadance said in unison.

Then the group headed down from the lookout area, heading towards the bus. The group all went towards the hotel. Discord just snapped his fingers and vanished.

The next day, the group was all getting on the bus. MC and Rotor were waiting until everyone got on the bus. MC then tossed the keys to Rotor and said, "You're turn to drive."

"Okay," Rotor said. MC then went in and headed for the back. Rotor then got onto the driver's seat, started the engine of the bus. Rotor then called out, "Alright, everyone. Buckle up! We're gonna go get some breakfast at an IHOP."

"What's an IHOP?" Spike asked.

"International House of Pancakes," Mutt said. "Although, it doesn't just serve pancakes."

They then headed off. From one place to another, the group stopped for an amusement park along the way, having some fun, getting some souvenirs, and even getting some snacks when they stopped at a gas station. The bus then stopped at a hotel on the outskirts of Washington DC.

The group checked out a bunch of rooms on the same floor. The group then slept through the night. The next day, they all headed out.

"So, where are we going now?" Twilight asked.

"Hopefully somewhere educational," Nyx said.

"Oh, boy," Diamond Tiara said, shaking her head. "Eggheads."

"Tell me about it," Scootaloo said.

"Hey, hey, there's nothing wrong with being smart," MC said. "If there weren't any smart people, we wouldn't have such amazing inventions."

"He's right," Tails said. "Smart people create such amazing technology. Of course, there are some smart people who have been bullied that create inventions for evil purposes."

"And most of you have met one," said Sonic. "Eggman."

"The doctor?" Twilight asked. "Okay, now I see it."

Diamond Tiara looked up and said, "Okay. That makes sense."

"Has anyone seen the doctor since you've blown him away?" Starlight Glimmer asked, looking at Amy.

"Not yet," Amy replied. "Wherever he is, the government is on the search for him."

Spike then pulled out a sack and said, "I just hope that he doesn't disturb us on this trip." Spike then pulled out a big red gem. Sonic looked over at Spike, got surprised at him trying to eat the red gem.

Sonic rushed over and said, "Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Don't eat that!" Sonic then grabbed the gem out of Spike's hand. The others looked over towards Sonic and Spike.

"That's a Chaos Emerald!" Tails said.

"I thought Emeralds were supposed to be green," Rarity said.

"All seven Chaos Emeralds used to be green a long time ago," MC said. "They all evolved, but six of them changed colors. Red, light blue, gray, yellow, blue and purple."

"Okay, so now that there have been two Emeralds found, what are you going to do with them?" Twilight asked.

"We're keeping them in a special containment we bring along," Tails said. Tails nodded his head at MC, and pulled a large metal briefcase from a compartment outside of the bus. He then opened it up, and inside were seven cases with a glass window on top of the case, one releasing a light blue glow. MC then pulled out one of the cases, and Sonic tossed the Chaos Emerald towards him. He grabbed it and put it in the little case. He then put it back into the bigger case, and then closed the case, putting it back in the compartment.

"The Chaos Emeralds are very powerful," MC said. "In the wrong hands, they can be dangerous."

"So they're like the Elements of Harmony?" Silverstream asked.

"Sounds like them," Twilight said. "But why are there seven of them?"

"Don't know," MC said. "Legend has it that the Chaos Emeralds were here when the planet came to be. And that the Chaos Emeralds also led to Pangaea, where seven continents came from one single piece of land millions of years ago."

"What is Pangaea?" Applejack asked.

"You might find out at the Smithsonian," MC said. "Which happens to be the largest museum in the world."

"Really?!" Twilight asked. "Where is it?"

"Get on the bus!" MC said. Rotor then tossed the keys to MC. The group got on the bus. They arrived outside the Smithsonian. MC then said, "Alright, everyone out. I'm gonna head over to the parking garage and park this bus. I'll catch up."

The group then headed out of the bus. When everyone got off, the bus started moving away. Twilight and Nyx looked over at the buildings in awe.

"This is so amazing!" Twilight said. "Which one of these buildings is the Smithsonian?"

"All of them," Tails said.

That made Twilight and Nyx go wide eyed. They were having a joy overload.

"In one movie, we learned that there was a series of underground storage underneath the patio between each building," Sonic said. "From the Lincoln Memorial to the Washington Monument. Although, the metal detectors are gonna have a field day when Bunnie goes through them."

"Ah'll just take the pat down," Bunnie said.

It took about 10 minutes, but MC rushed over to the group and said, "Alright. The bus is parked. This place has a lot of places to go. If you want to go somewhere, stay in groups, and have an adult with you at all times."

Then the group split into groups. MC's group was composed of Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Mutt, Tails, Gallus and Silverstream. They all headed into the the National Air and Space Museum.

"Enjoy yourselves," the woman at the metal detector said to Gallus. They were all astonished by the flying machines.

"Welcome to the National Air and Space Museum," Tails said. "Where all of America's air and space travel is remembered."

"Wow," said Scootaloo. "So, all of these things are meant for flying?"

"Yep," Tails said. "So many fantastic things." He then spun his tails around, making him fly. "Come fly up with me and I'll show you."

Scootaloo then got nervous and said, "Yeah. About that. I... I can't fly."

"You can't?" MC asked. He then pulled out one of Scootaloo's wings and inspected it. "Oh, yeah. I see it. Your wings are smaller than the average wings of another filly in Equestria." He then unfolded Scootaloo's wings, rubbed his hands together, giving them a golden aura. "Hold still. This might... tingle." He then put his hands on Scootaloo's wings.

"Whoa!" Scootaloo said. She then started breathing faster.

"Don't worry, kid," MC said. "It's almost over." Then MC's hands stopped glowing. "And... done." Scootaloo then fell to her knees. She then looked at her wings, which were about two inches longer.

"Hey! My wings!" Scootaloo said. "They're bigger!"

"I'll give you some training when we get home," Rainbow Dash said. "Now, let's get going." Then the building started shaking, everyone was getting down. "What was that?!"

MC then started sniffing. He then got angry. "Are you kidding me?"

Then him and the group ran outside, where all the others were. They all gathered up and looked up in the sky. They saw a flying machine. The cockpit opened up, and inside, there was a familiar face.

"Welcome to the Smithsonian, Freedom Fighters," Doctor Robotnik said. "Are you having a nice day? Because today, it'll be your last."



The group gathered together. Maria was gathered with the Crusaders, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"Who is that?" Maria asked.

"Maria," Tails said. "I don't know how to tell you this, but that guy is your cousin!"

"Where have you been, Julian?" MC asked. "You're the number one criminal in America and Equestria."

"And who's fault is that?" Doctor Robotnik asked.

"Yours!" the Freedom Fighters (except Maria), the Crusaders and the Mane 6 shouted at the doctor.

"Well, if you haven't started a war against me, things wouldn't have turned out this way," Doctor Robotnik said.

"You started that war!" Sonic said.

"Alright," Doctor Robotnik said. "You leave me no choice. Swatbots, attack."

Then a bunch of robots came from the sky, and landed. They then started attacking the group. MC then bared his claws and dashed towards the Swatbots in a straight line. Then about half of the Swatbots that landed got sliced and fell apart.

"That's the power of my Chaos Claw," MC said. Then more Swatbots surrounded him. Then Sonic, Bunnie, Amy and Antoine came in, fighting the Swatbots.

The Mane 6 helped fight the Swatbots with the Freedom Fighters. Maria stayed with the rest of the group. She then asked, "Why is he doing this?"

"We don't know," Starlight said.

"Well, when I stowed away with Twilight, her kids, MC, Rotor, Bunnie and Mutt," Ocellus explained, "someone theorized that he went bad because of his mother."

Maria then shuttered, and said, "Makes sense. She was always into bad things. I heard she wanted to take grandfather's inventions to do some bad things with them."

"Well, that explains why the Professor's lab was in space," Mutt said. The others nodded in agreement.

Doctor Robotnik shouted and said, "Those useless machines. Well, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself." Then a flying machine came in, attaching it to Doctor Robotnik's flying machine.

"H'oh, boy," MC said.

"What are we going to do?!" Twilight asked.

"Keep the arms busy!" Sonic said. "I'll aim for the cockpit!"

MC then jumped towards the arms, but they grabbed him.

"I don't think so," said Doctor Robotnik. "So sad, you won't be alive to..." Then the sound of metal bending came to his attention. He looked over at the shoulders of the arms, and they were bending. "What is this?!"

Then the flying machine was being pulled down to the ground. MC then called out, "SONIC!! NOW!!"

"Roger that, buddy," Sonic said. He then started spinning on the ground. Then Amy held out her hammer, and was about to swing it towards Sonic. She made contact, sending Sonic towards the machine. Then Eggman's flying machine was sent flying, him crying out when his machine was forced out.

The group watched as Robotnik was sent flying. Maria took a few steps forward and said, "I can't believe he's like this. Grandfather would've been ashamed of him if he could see Julian like this."

Ocellus hugged Maria and said, "It's going to be okay. We know what it's like having someone close to you or a family member betraying what you all believe in."

"Chrysalis and Cozy Glow?" Smolder asked. That made Ocellus nod.

"Well, for one thing," Cadance said. "This was one interesting trip. But, hopefully we can get back home before the end of the weekend. Shining and I got a lot of things to do back in the Crystal Empire."

"Don't worry," Rotor said. "We're almost done here. Let's continue the trip around the Smithsonian. Then we'll leave tomorrow, and head on home."

The group then cheered and headed back inside. But from one rooftop, someone was spying on them.

"Crystal Empire?" the Mobian asked, looking down at the group. "Sounds interesting." She then flew off somewhere, out of sight from anyone there.

Author's Note:

Next episode:
Secrets of the Psychotic Pegasus Filly