• Published 21st Dec 2011
  • 4,011 Views, 41 Comments

Pony EVE - Vashar23



EVE crossover. Hooved heroes will travel a galaxy of dangers, intrigue and boring pirate plexes

  • ...
2
 41
 4,011

Chapter 2: Incursion

Chapter 2: Incursion
"I know you better than you know yourself"

Darkness

Twilight was floating in darkness

Was dying like this?

It didn't feel cold, nor did it feel warm. It was more like... slimy

Yeah she was definitely feeling funky

...and wrong

This was wrong!

Twilight wasn't supposed to reawaken like this! The vat was to open BEFORE she regained consciousness!

-Calm yourself girl... must be a... glitch...- Twilight felt her thoughts sluggish. Slowly she opened her eyes, her vision was blurred by the ectoplasmic contents of the vat.

She made it! She was back alive in her new body!

And she was drowning

Vats and capsules were also life supporting pods, giving the clone nutrients and oxygen. Somepony had shutted down the systems and the fluid was turning to a murky swamp water.

Now Twilight went in full panic. She forced her sore forelegs on the glass and started banging with her hooves. What was going on? Why had she been left like this? Were was Spike? Were was... Pinkamena?

She saw a pink form on the outside of the vat. It was frantically moving her arms around the pod, shouting muffled cries around her. Twilight tried to call to her and tell her how to save her, but her lungs were filled with ectoplasm.

More seconds of confused terror pased before Twilight could hear a second more muffled voice. Suddenly the vat regained power and the liquid started to flush away. The vat finally opened and Twilight collapsed on the floor, coughing hard.

Pinkamena rushed to her to help her stand, she was crying "I'm sorry... I'm so s-sorry... I'm so sorry..." She hug her closely as Twilight sputtered the rest of the ectoplasmic gunk taking rapid ragged breaths.

"Wakey! Wakey!"

Pinkamena frozen. Twilight took a moment to recollect her thoughts and look around her. She was in a much smaller room than the drone bay and she didn't recognize the steel grey design. Spike was there, tied to a pillar and with a metal muzzle on his mouth, his white navy suit was torn. He was scared but relieved to see Twilight alive.

"You returned a bit sooner than we expected, at least that lousy griffon did part of the job good."

Twilight turned her head. Beside her clone vat, next to the emrgency console, was a juvenile dragon. He was eigth feet tall and his scales were dyed black, he had cybernetic hindlegs that allowed him to walk on two feet, a cybernetic left eye and a metal jaw. He wore a dark leather vest and was smirking at her mockingly "Hello princess, welcome back amongst the livings. How was the Gate? Did you see God?" He narrowed his eyes "Was he funny?"

"Who... who are..."

The ship trembled violently, Twilight fell on her side but Pinkamena helped her again to get up. The cyborg dragon came closer to the two mares "You know, maybe is better that you have woken up. You're just in time to see the fireworks"

"What arAAAAAH!" The black brute yanked her mane and started dragging her forcefully to a window. Spike trashed and muffled enraged through the muzzle, Pinkamena was terrified "S-sir, don't... don't hurt her, please!"

Twilight had enought of this outrage, she tried to call her magic but she could let out only faint sparkles "Oh, don't bother using your pretty horn, we put a spell shackle on it. Does thist mean that we're engaged?" The dragon grabbed her neck and brought her face to the glass opening, there was a silvery sheen on the hull of the ship indicating a stealth cloak "Here love, take a look"

Outside was utter chaos. The imperial forces, CONCORD and a few foreign vessels were fighting against an unknown fleet.

Twilight had never seen spaceships like those before. They were mostly black with a rounded design and wicked spines and blades. Basing on their size she could categorize frigates, cruisers and battleships. They fought viciously and with precise coordination, advanced laser guns tearing gaping holes in the imperial crafts, and they seemed to have suffered minimal losses.

But worst of them all was the mothership that was engaging the Celeste 18, the supercarrier were she departed for her pilgrimage. It looked almost organic and was pouring waves of fighter and bomber drones on the other vessel, two battleships circling it like sharks and firing mercilessy.

Finally the sperstructure cracked and the Aeon exploded. Twilight realized with horror how many unicorns and young dragon were being killed before her eyes, and even more if the present capsuleers didn't have other clone bays serving them.

Tears flow down her cheeks "Who are you? Why are you doing this?"

The black cyberdragon laughed "Why, to entertain Her Holyness Celestia of course. Didn't you amarrians always enjoyed carnage?" He dropped the unicorn back to the floor "Maybe you would like to know that we are attaking all the four empires, leading simultaneously four fleets in four different empire systems. We don't want to play favourites you see."

An artificial monotone voice crackled through some speakers "Master, it is unwise and unnecessary to discuss evil plans with the captives"

"Ah shut up, it feels good" He smirked again at the light purple unicorn "Besides she is cuter when she cries"

Twili... no, Lady Eos would have none of it. She wiped away the tears with a foreleg and looked sternly at the dragon "If this is about showing the empires how big and scary you are then why did you ponynapped me? Why going through the trouble of secretly invading a supercarrier and stealing my clone vat? Are you planning to use as leverage against Celestia?"

The cyberdragon dropped his smugness and shrugged "Don't need to do that, soon both her and Luna will be brought down. Special orders from the Big Boss herself, not any of my business." He returned to smirk "As for the how we had a rat on the inside."

"A spy? Impossible! All personnel of a supercarrier is stricly tested for loyalty and resolve and even the engineers are chosen for merits. You can't have currupted a..." Twilight stopped. There actually was a category of individuals who were often taken aboard without caring for their standing with the empire.

She turned to the trembling pony in the center of the room "Pinkamena?"

The pink slave kept crying silent tears "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry..."

The cyberdragon went to playfully pat Pinkamena flat and dull mane "Oh yes. I know a simple slave with no forbidden implants couldn't pass all the security of the carrier, but miss Pie here have a very curious ability. By specific body signals she can predict approacing guards and safe routes. After the battle started she disabled the alarm and ejected herself, your vat and that annoying geko" Spike shot a look of pure hatred "with a cargo container. Actually I would like to know how she dragged that thing to the cargo bay without using wheels."

The speakers crackled again "Master, the rest of CONCORD have cleared the gates and joined the battle. The route is clear, I suggest to stop explaining the plan to.."

"The captives, yeah, yeah. Then stop suggesting and get moving Slave!"

"Warpdrive have already been activated master."

Twilight couldn't stop staring at the pink earth pony. Did she really managed to steal an entire clone vat under the empire nose? She also seemed a very fragile mare, and was visibly devastated to have ponynapped her. She had been beaten by amarr slavers, was Twilight maybe the only imperial that showed her some kindness? How in the name of the Sun God, Celestia and even Luna could body twitches made a pony able to predict what will happen?

"Hmph, I keep saying that we should use a wormhole."

Use a wormhole?

"Negative master. Calculations concours with Master Moon decision to use the gate route. We will have to drop the cloak to approach the wormhole and there are 63.41% chances of enemy detection" Some static and the ship trembled at the breaking of the warp bubble "Jumpgate reached, started hacking of internal records. The jump will be deleted from memory and this ship will not be recorded to have left the system"

The cyberdragon blinked for moment and hissed "Who is now bragging plans with captives?"

---

They were now in zero-security space

The travel had proceded mostly in silence. Twilight was next to Spike to confort the little dragon, he was angry and ashamed to have let his best friend be captured so easily. Pinkamena was crouching in a corner, she hadn't move nor spoke for the entire trip, her pink bright coat was now dull. The Cyberdragon was sitting on the disabled clone vat guarding the prisoners.

Through some more verbal abuse and the voice from the speakers Twilight had discovered that they were on a heavily modified caldari Rook, a combat recon ship. The black ships were of the Nightmare's Nation, a new criminal syndicate supposed to be a fledgling group of space raiders. Somepony got that wrong obviously.

This didn't make sense. If they wanted her alive why didn't they capture her at the pilgrimage? Before the dramiel mercenary she had already encoutered a rag tag group of Blood Raiders who tried to disable her ship, but the Angel spacecraft didn't even have a warp scrambler. It just let her run around in circles.

The artificial voice returned, Twilight was certain it belonged to a capsuleer piloting the ship "Master, an inconvenience has been detected"

The cyberdragon didn't stop staring Twilight "If it is some Covenant idiots or campers I'm not interested."

"No master. I'm observing a minmatar Cyclone in front of the next gate on our path. It is repeatedly sending interspace messages at our approssimative direction"

The dragon looked at the speaker narrowing his eyes "Should I bother?"

"It is a capsuleer master, she is using the encrypted channel 6.7.B"

"Ah yes, the minmatars we contacted. Is she asking about the earth pony?"

"Affirmative master, she is demanding the liberation of one Pinkie Pie"

"Demanding, right" He made a little laugh and returned to Twilight "Just fly around the moron and ignore her, we can't be late to deliver the cargo."

Pinkamena perked her hears and looked at the dragon with fear and confusion "W-what? But... but you promised that I could return to my friends! You... you promised..."

He leaned on the vat "Don't remember, now shut up."

Pinkamena made some trembling hoofsteps towards the dragon, she sounded desperate "No, I... I don't want to come with you. I-I know how creepy a-and ugly your slaves are. I don't want to become a True Slave. Please, I want to return to my friends. I want to be f-f-free and return to my friends... please... you promised me..."

"Oh for the love of..." The cyberdragon was getting seriously pissed, he turned to the pony but stopped. Pinkie was looking pathetic and utterly miserable. Her blue eyes were reddened by the tears, her mane and tail were iron flat and plastered to her body and her coat was turning a dull pinkish grey. Even the baloons of her cutiemark looked deflated.

The dragon shrugged "Ah heck! I don't know why but you being sad seem like the wrongest thing in the universe. Fine, I'll let you go."

The pink pony mane puffed a little "R-really?"

The dragon smiled and got up "Of course."

In that moment Twilight saw something strange going on with Pinkamena. Her hears suddenly started to flap, followed by her eyes fluttering and finally a hard twitching of her forelegs knees.

Pinkie's eyes shrunk to pinpricks "B-b-beware of opening d-doors..."

The black cyberdragon put a clawed hand gently on her shoulder "Slave, prepare the airlock. We're about to lose a passenger."

"NO! NO, NO, YOU CAN'T DO THAT, PLEASE!"

He had his back to Twilight, she saw her chance. With the magnetic band at the base of her horn she couldn't cast spells, but she could use the sparkling tip to fumble with Spike's shackles lock.

While the dragon struggled with a trashing pink slave the voice returned "Master, we have a situation"

"What do you..." The air in the room become filled with a bizarre electrical charge for an istant. Outside the window a soft bubble was expanding, revealing different cloaked spacecrafts.

"The Cyclone launced an anti-cloak bubble field, I wasn't able to disable it in time. We are currently engaged with enemy vessels"

The dragon throwed Pinkie to a wall "No shit! Blast their asses to dust. How many are out there?"

"Two Rapiers, one Arazu and one Hound bomber. We won't be able to evade before they'll scramble the warpdrive and block us with webbers master"

"How in the Queen's name did they know we were so close?"

"The most acceptable answer is that they detected a ship receiving their message and activated the field when they assumed we were in range"

A torpedo hit the Rook but caused only a mild shake of the structure "...So they just stood there hoping to catch an invisible ship? What kind of stupid plan is that?"

"A plan that worked!"

The cyberdragon turned back and got a gust of green flames right on his face

Twilight had weakened Spike's bonds enough for him to break them and they used the torpedo hit to cover the noise. Spike trow away the metal muzzle and faced his much bigger opponent with a cold glare. More torpedoes and missiles were hitting the spacecraft.

The cyberdragon put a hand on the left side of his face, he was fireproof but the implants were overheated and they hurt like hell. The black dye had melted revealing green scales "You look almost cute acting all tough like that brat. I'll give you a good long spanking before I gouge out your eyes."

"Come and get them!" Spike leaped forward aiming for the softer scales of the stomach, but the cyberdragon clubbed him with a fist sending him to the other side of the room.

Spike recovered quickly and took a battle stance with hands on the floor. The cyberdragon lashed the tail at him but Spike ducked and with a claw left three deep cuts in it.

"Hrrgh, you are really starting to annoy me. I don't have time to daAARkh..." Twilight had charged his leg headfirst and impaled her horn in the servomotors.

The dragon tossed her aside, another missile made him collapse on his knee. Spike took the opportunity and clawed his face

"ENOUGH!" He pointed a palm at Spike as electric jolts sparkled around the arm. Blue lightning erupted from the hand and sent the baby dragon flying straight to the empty clone vat, knocking him out.

"You little buzzards fight well, I'll give you that. Guess the priests are better trainers than they look like." He charged his arm again "Queen Nightmare want me to bring you alive, NOT to bring you intact!"

"LEAVE HER ALONE YOU MEANEY!!!"

Pinkamena jumped on top of the dragon and jammed a metal rod she found somewhere right in his cybernetic eye. An electrical surge exploded from the dragon's arm and coursed through his entire body, knocking away Pinkie. After some moment the creature dropped unconscious.

A few second passed, the battle outside still raged. Twilight was gently rubbing her horn counting the scrapes and cuts provoked by the broken metal leg.

Since the dragon didn't seem to move anymore she went to the shaking Pinkamena., her mane and tail were standing straight up, making her look like a giant dull pink brush. Twilight helped her to get on her hooves and the two mares' eyes crossed. The light purple unicorn smiled, the pink hearth pony hugged her "I'm sorry"

A small groan arose from the vat "Huu... m-mommy?"

"Spike!" Twilight broke the embrace and rushed to her friend "Are you hurt? Is everything okay?"

"Huurgh... give me a moment... yeah I'm fine. Did you clubbed that jerk?"

Twilight helped him out of the vat "Yes, we beat him."

"Good, good..." Spike noticed the pink slave "Ah yes, now is that worm turn."

Pinkamena didn't look scared, rather she turned her gaze from the little dragon in shame. Twilight put herself in front of her staring at Spike severely "Don't you dare Spike, she helped us."

"Help.. Twi, she sold us to SLAVER PIRATES! Who openly attacked the Empire!"

"Aren't the amarr slavers too? She was enslaved, mistreated and wanted her freedom back. If we would treat the minmatars with more respect things like this would never happen."

"But she..."

"Spike!" Twilight stomped a hoof "Celestia herself is working against slave abuse, and you have friends in the Ammatars who descend from slaves"

"...b-but this is serious! She attacked a member of the imperial navy and kidnapped you, Celestia own protege!"

"Yes, I know," More explosions from outside, they were a bit fewer now "but think about this. The capsuleers out there are trying to rescue her, in a way she helped us from the start of this fight. Don't you think that she deserve some forgiveness?"

"I... (sigh!) You're right Twi, I'm sorry."

"That's fine Spike." Twilight turned to Pinkamena who was now smiling weakly "Is not over yet. Your friends will not be able to disable this ship if we don't help them. We need to reach the onboard capsule and disconnect the pilot"

"First," Said Spike as she found some chains in a now open closet "let's make sure our friend doesn't go anywhere"

---

"What is this... thing?"

They had reached the command deck and disabled the capsule, but the pilot launched a last minute self destruction sequence. By dumb luck Pinkamena had stopped it (according to her she felt a burning sensation in her left hindleg knee, meaning they had to push the big button for a happy ending), but many systems were now destroyed. Twilight and Spike had opened the capsule to check the state of the capsuleer.

It was a diamond dog... or rather was. He had his limbs removed and replaced with skeleton-like implants, large portions of his face were exposed revealing metal plates and wirings. The capsule was designed to physically connect with the spinal cord. The creature was dead, probably killed in the aborted ship self-destruction.

"Pinkamena spoke of True Slaves. Is this what they look like?"

Twilight got distracted by a static crackle of the intercom, followed by a high pitched mare voice "There is a friendly outpost in a nearby system, follow us."

The unicorn returned to the flight console "I would do it gladly but I don't have the slightest idea on how to flight a caldari spaceships, and this is even an advanced and modified model."

There was some muttering at the intercom about useless amarrs "Just tell what's left of the computer to set me as the leading commander, the autopilot will do the rest."

Spike and Twilight finally menaged to enter in the capsuleers fleet (registered as the P20C Corp), the commander was the Cyclone.

The pilots were in bad shape, one of the Rapiers had critical damage and the Arazu had been destroyed. They were forced to take the damage from the Rook while trying to find a way to disable and board the ship. If Twilight and the others hadn't intervened all the scramblers would have been destroyed an the pirates would have escaped "Yes, it was indeed a stupid plan."

They arrived at a gallentean administrative outpost. In lawless territory capsuleers alliances could build their own outposts who worked as small stations, serving the alliance members. Normal stations were very rare and served usually as rest-stops.

From the map on a holographic billboard they were in the Querious deep space region.

They receved permission and docked at the bottom section of the structure. The hangars were of the caracteristic gallente design with curved edges and tall roofs, the Cyclone pilot told them to stay on the Rook fo the moment. Twilight saw various starships outside in a defensive formation, maybe a precaution for this new pirate threat.

They waited at the airlock. After a few minutes the doors slided open revealing a cyan pegasus with a red minmatar latex shirt, a rainbow mane and tail, magenta colored eyes and a cloud cutiemark with a rainbow bolt "Oh yeah! That is why they call me Rainbow Danger Dash."