• Published 19th Feb 2021
  • 121 Views, 1 Comments

Mix-up's Cocktail - Izac45



A bartender pony serves drinks for his customers.

  • ...
 1
 121

Blue Lagoon (Revise)

Welcome

It was night time in Ponyville and most ponies are closing shop for the night but the night was young for someponies after a long days work some crave to relax, blow off steam or just relax luckily the night business has opened up for some ponies looking for that small escape whenever it's nightclubs, Theaters, the park and especially bars, This bar is one of them the bar was named "The Fading sun".

The Fading sun was an adequate bar it's business is passable and it's patrons respectable until three months ago the owner hired a new bartender for the bar ever since it's been gaining more and more regulars and clienteles and it became the talk of the town ever since this pony was around.

The Pony's name was mix-up an earth pony his cutie mark was a mixed cocktail which symbolizes his talent in making exceptional drink to its patrons. Soon word spread and he became the talk of the town known to be very good. Mix-up gained his cutie mark when he once mixed a drink to cheer up his crying mother after a huge fight with his father. The drink cheered her up and he was very happy to make her feel better and then he gained his mark and the rest was history.

And so inside the bar were several customer chatting, laughing, getting drunk and in the bartender section are two of his regular both stallions both good friends with mix-up their names are Henry and Zane both also earth ponies, They have known each other since colts they always talk to each other about typical boy stuff and play typical boy games, Often times he would mix drinks with for his friends (non-alcoholic since they are colts) they always say his drinks are very good exemptional even. How they would talk about their lives and how their work goes all that other stuff.

So then after a while the door opened and Mix-up saw a neatly dressed marshmallow unicorn dressed in fancy clothing with a single feathered hat the clothing was purple blouse with white trims. Her dress dose seems to turn some heads including the two stallions in front of the bartender.

The marshmallow pony approached the counter and started chatting with the bartender. "You must be the brand new bartender are you not?" The white pony asked.

"Umm yes miss?" Mix-up asked.

"Oh where are my manners darling?" The white pony pulled out a card and greeted. "I am Rarity Belle the owner of the Carousel Boutique."

"Mix-up" As Mix-up introduced himself he also presented a card and greeted. "It's very nice to meet you Miss Belle."

Rarity shook her hoof and giggled. "Please call me Rarity darling."

Mix-up blushed a bit. "*cough* So what will it be?"

"Hmmm..." Rarity thought to herself. "Surprise me."

Mix-up nodded one unique thing/ reason why he is popular in his own bar was he could always deduce what his customers are feeling and mix drinks based on their preference, mood, and experiences. And based on his observation he could tell that miss Rarity was in a fatigue mood, her experiences were overworked and that she prefers fancy drinks.

And so he started with pouring the ingredients in a shaker and added ice started shacking the drink for a bit and then strained the drink. Poured it into a tall glass rounded glass and garnished with a lemon, cherry and added a straw since he already tell she has fancy tastes. And served her the drink.

"Here you go ma'am." Mix-up announced as he presented the drink "Blue Lagoon"

Rarity used her magic to lift the drink and sipped a bit through a straw one paused and she drank a little bit more before saying. "This is divine!" Rarity then imagines the flavor of the drink. "I can taste the lemonade in the drink it adds a bit of the flavor to it, It's like I'm on a tropical paradise." Rarity then sighs.

After she emptied the drink the bartender pony said. "Rough day huh?"

"OH you have no idea. Darling." Rarity sighed as she put her drink down. "Honestly you'd think running your own business would be a breeze after awhile but it never gets easier."

"Yeah I know that feeling." Mix-up said. as he took the glass to a nearby sink.

"I mean honestly the demands and requests of some ponies can be very demanding sometimes."

"Yeah customers are always sorta picky on what they want." Mix-up said.

"*sigh* Yeah I do have problem with one thing though."

"Oh what is it?"

"This suit I'm making one of my customers requested that the suit is extra dapper for a party they are about to attend."

"What's the problem?"

"*sigh* I don't know... Probably because I have no stallion model to test the suit I made." Rarity said. "My current model is unable to make it because of a family emergency and now I have no model."

"Hmm that is bad."

"And now I need to find a replacement soon." Rarity said.

"Hmm.... maybe one of your fellow patrons could help you."

"Hmmm maybe darling hm...." Rarity the looked at Mix-up as she is deep in thought. She hummed more and as she kept looking she hummed even more.

Then Mix-up asked. "Hmmm if you want I could make a few calls to see if one of our patrons could help."

"No longer necessary darling I found my next model." Rarity said inspired.

Mix-up was ecstatic. "Excellent but who?"

"You darling."

"Me?" Mix-up pointed at himself Rarity nodded. "Why?"

"You are simply perfect for a suit I'm inspired to make why I can already picture you looking so snazzy on design that I believe would blow my client away with how dapper you'll look wearing it." Rarity said.

"So you want me to help you?" Mix-up asked.

"If it's not too much trouble darling. I'll might even pay you for your troubles."

"Hmm I'll have to think about it?"

"Speaking of pay." Rarity the levitated a pouch full of bits. "How much do I owe you?"

Mix-up shook his head and said. "The first one is free for first time customers."

"A-Are you sure darling?" Mix-up nodded. "W-Well it doesn't seem right I should at least tip you for the drink."

"No I-"

"Oh I insist darling." Rarity took out a few bits and gave them to mix-up.

"U-umm Thanks R-Rarity." Mix-up said sheepishly.

"Your welcome." Rarity said. "That being said... May I have more?"

Coming right up.

Author's Note:

This chapter's drink is Blue Lagoon:

  • 1 ounce vodka
  • 1 ounce blue curaçao
  • 4 ounces lemonade
  • Garnish: lemon wheel
  • Garnish: maraschino cherry

I noticed that you could use a lemon flavored soda instead. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and and I hope I don't get in trouble for the drink ingredients. (This edit was thanks to TCC56 for showing me what I did wrong.) The next customer will be Rainbow dash.