• Published 14th Dec 2020
  • 360 Views, 0 Comments

Snowfall Frost and the Hearth's Warming Plan - Musical_theatre_demon



In an alternate world, Snowfall Frost returns and still doesn't understand the meaning of Hearth's Warming. Even if each of the spirits contacted her once, there was no way she would listen to them now. She's ready to say goodbye to another holiday.

  • ...
 0
 360

Chapter 1: Hearth's Warming? I Don't Know What That is

Snowfall Frost wandered around her pathetic, happy town. There were ponies celebrating, and ponies singing carols all around. How she wished for things to be done for the year, as she was already tired of the holiday itself.

"Hello, Miss Snowfall Frost!" said a Baker pony, "Why don't you join in on the fun? I made figgy pudding!"

"Can it, imbecile!" Snowfall Frost said, "How can you be so sure that's not poisoned?"

"Lighten up, it's Hearth's Warming!" the pony said.

Snowfall Frost glared icily at the Baker. It pained her to have to explain to him every year the nuisance that came with Hearth's Warming. So she snootily put up her nose and trotted off.

"How cold," the Baker remarked.

"Look at her as she trots away! That was unacceptable!" cried another pony in the town.

Snowfall Frost knew better than to react to those comments. It wasn't gonna get her anywhere in the first place and in second thought, she didn't care what others thought of her. So what if she hated Hearth's Warming? Isn't everypony entitled to their own opinion?

As she neared where she lived and worked, she spotted some fillies building a snowman as parents strung colourful lights across the houses in an attempt to be festive for the holiday season. It wasn't that she didn't understand Hearth's Warming. No, that definitely wasn't it, or so she thought.

Snowfall Frost opened the door.

"Hi, Snowfall Frost," Snow Dash said, "Happy Hearth's Warming!"

This made her angry. "All this Hearth's Warming nonsense! I can't stand it!" she shouted, getting the feeling of pulling her mane out root by root.

"Is something wrong?" Snow Dash asked, "I just thought you'd be happy for once since the holidays came around."

"That's exactly the reason," said Snowfall Frost, "I've had enough of these ponies and their so-called Hearth's Warming traditions! Nopony asked me why I hate the holiday, they never even dared. All they do is put on those annoying faces and wish me a happy holidays! But all that's gonna change! You'll see!"

"I don't see anything wrong with this time of year," Snow Dash said, "But if you want..."

"Keep working while I think of something to hold those ridiculous ponies," Snowfall Frost said, "I'll be in my study."

"Doing what? Counting money?" Snow Dash asked.

"No, you idiot! Trying to think of a way to stop all this madness!" Snowfall said impatiently.

So Snowfall Frost trotted to her study and sat down in her comfy office chair, beginning to count her money that was laid out across her desk.
"I have no idea what this holiday is supposed to mean," she said to herself, "Ponies singing annoying songs and hanging up bright lights. How is that supposed to be fun? Seizures are waiting to happen if you ask me."

As she continued to ponder, she realised that she was getting nowhere. She got up and decided that a trot around town would clear her mind - - even if she dreaded the thought.

So Snowfall Frost went to the coat rack and used her magic to grab her hat and coat.

"Going out to town, Snowfall Frost?" Snow Dash said while sweeping the floor in the den.

"Yes, I just need some fresh air," Snowfall said.

"OK. Take care," Snow Dash, "And Ha-!"

Snowfall Frost abruptly and curtly cut her off. "Don't say it!" she said menacingly, looking her in the eye with an icy glare, "Bah humbug!"

And she was off.