• Published 10th Oct 2020
  • 2,013 Views, 149 Comments

Spikenautica - PhysicistBrony

  • ...
1
 149
 2,013

Chapter 2: What to do

After a good hour long search, Spike found some copper and some, appropriately named, acid mushrooms. Once he was back in his life pod, he breathed a sigh of relief. "Man, some of the fish here are so freaky looking," Spike said, "I mean one of them looks like a boomerang and another looks like it's made of bags of air." Once Spike was done muttering to himself, he started to get to work making batteries and any other tools.

"Finally, a scanner, I need to see what the PDA's naming system comes up with for these fish." Spike said while depositing his leftover materials into storage. He quickly left the life pod and proceeded to scan different fish. "Let's see, I scanned a Peeper, a Bladder fish, a Spadefish, and a Boomerang. I wonder how that one got its name." Spike thought to himself, "Man, I don't think the PDA could have thought of more generalized names." After looking over the PDA, he realized that Bladder fish could be used as a natural filter to make water, so he went out and tried to collect some. He only managed to get 2 after half an hour of chasing them.

He quickly turned them into bottles of water and had a drink. After finishing them, he quickly realized that it was becoming night time. "Wow, did I really spend all day collecting that stuff?" Spike said with a yawn. "I should probably get some sleep." He quickly laid down and tried to sleep on the ground, but quickly realized that the seat would be much more comfortable than the floor. After some quick adjusting, Spike managed to sleep for a few hours.

Almost as soon the night started, it ended, and Spike was forced awake by the extreme brightness. "Mmm, 5 more minutes Celestia." Spike mumbled while trying to smack away the sunbeams. After officially waking up, all of what happened the previous day came rushing back to Spike. "Oooohh no, what happened to everypony." Spike said to himself, pacing around the life pod, "I need to see if anypony else survived the crash." He moved over to the built-in radio and saw that it was broken, but not broken beyond repair.

Spike quickly realized how badly he needed that repair tool he had been putting off building. After eating a small breakfast of cooked Peeper and a water bottle, Spike left his lifepod to find some materials. After finding a small cave, the PDA told Spike that there were small deposits of sulfur inside, meaning if he collected it, he could make a repair tool. Spike started to swim into the cave, and after swimming past a small red plant, he heard what sounded like grunting and then a kind of screaming. "What in the-'' Spike turned to see a small, red, one-eyed fish swimming at him. Spike started wondering what the fish was doing, before the fish suddenly exploded right in front of him.

Spike yelled in pain as the explosion caused him to slam into the cave wall. He quickly recovered his senses and went back towards the entrance of the cave. With the help of his flashlight, he spotted the plant he passed, which had a small deposit of yellow powder sitting inside. Spike deduced that the fish had come from the plant, due to its explosive ability. He quickly scanned the plant, which was labeled as a Sulfur Plant, took the sulfur, and made his way back towards the life pod.

After returning he quickly checked himself for any injuries, but besides a tear in the arm of his suit, he was fine. "It's a great thing I have these scales," Spike thought, "Otherwise I might have become fish food." He quickly went to the fabricator and made the repair tool. After he grabbed it, he started to repair the area where the panel had flown off the wall. Spike knew that if he repaired it, he could get a scan of the planet he was on.

After he repaired the exposed wiring and put the panel back on, he moved to the radio while the life pod did it's scan of the planet. After repairing the radio, he played the only message on it. "This is Aurora. Emergency distress beacon received. Rescue teams will arrive in 9...9...9...9...9 hours."

"Well that's just great, isn't it." Spike grumbled after the message played. "Well now what am I going to do?" Spike said. "I have hardly any food and water, nopony is able to come rescue me, and I don't even know if any other life pods were deployed." Suddenly, the light on his radio started to blink, meaning a message had come in. He jumped up and pressed the play button.

"It's Pinkie Pie, from Sugarcube Cafe. So what's going on? One minute I'm baking another delicious cake, and then BAM, sirens go off, everypony is running and screaming. So I thought we were playing tag and decided to hide in this life pod, but then-" Pinkie inhales deeply "- I was launched onto the planet, but I was almost crushed by a chunk of the Seamoth bay, so suddenly I realized that this wasn't a game, but I can't get a hold of anypony, but if I could I would probably tell them about how I was baking a cake and then BAM everything started happening all at once, but of course I don't know where anypony is,... Oh wait whoever can here this is listening to me talk, so obviously somepony is there,-" another deep inhale, "So I guess if you can hear me I'm in a sandy area with colorful red grass and, ooooh, what are you?" Pinkie is heard moving away from the microphone, "Hi there pretty fishy, my name's Pinkie Pie, so what are you doing, oooh are you playing tag with the smaller fish, can I join???" "Coordinates attached to message, uploading to PDA"

Spike couldn't believe what he had heard. There were other ponies that had escaped the Aurora! "Thank Celestia, somepony else is alive!" He said while starting to pack food, water, and any other essentials for the trip to Pinkie Pie's life pod. He was unaware of the danger that was waiting for him there.

Author's Note:

Many thanks to No name 13 for proofreading my chapters.

So for any Subnautica fans, I will be doing more life pods in this, so I want you guys to try guessing what life pods I'm using for each character.