• Published 30th Sep 2020
  • 6,464 Views, 679 Comments

Strange Letters from a Queen Bug Horse - Roadie



It seems that Queen Chrysalis really isn't quite herself today. What's with these sassy letters?

  • ...
10
 679
 6,464

23: Sent via the daily post

Fluttershy
That little cottage on the edge of Ponyville uncomfortably close to the Everfree Forest
Ponyville

You're good with animals, right? I heard from Shining Armor (he's Twilight Sparkle's brother), who heard from Twilight Sparkle (she's your friend), that you (you're you) are really good with animals. Like, spooky good with animals. Like, spooky good with animals. You are spooky good with animals, right? There was this whole story about how you wrestled a bear into submission and now it brings you a daily tribute of honey, and that time you hypnotized a manticore into thinking it's just a housecat.

So here's the deal! I've gotten tangled up with this whole animal shelter thing in Canterlot. It's new, it's a mess, there's like a hundred miles of paperwork for everything and we've got to deal with inspectors constantly, and I guess most of it works OK but some of these animals are just so messed up, like there's this one dog that goes crazy every time it sees a pony with a blue coat and do you know how many ponies there are like that? And that's before even getting to the really weird stuff, like there's this one thing like a lion head on a wheel made of legs and what do you even do with that?

Anyway, like, I figure we could use another specialist in this stuff, and nepotism has always worked out for me (does friend of a friend's sister count as that?), so you want a job? The pay's good and we wouldn't need you all the time, just to come in to look at the weird ones like that lion thing or this one case where a swarm of rats keeps giving ominous omens and stuff.

Grizelda, the big griffon
Heartfelt Animal Adoption
New Retail District (the old new one, not the new new one)
Canterlot