• Published 30th Sep 2020
  • 6,461 Views, 679 Comments

Strange Letters from a Queen Bug Horse - Roadie



It seems that Queen Chrysalis really isn't quite herself today. What's with these sassy letters?

  • ...
10
 679
 6,461

12: Delivered via pegasus courier.

Dear Princess Luna,

How are you finding this modern world? I won't get too much into the small talk here but to say that you should give your sister's private bath a try. Bring some pretty members of whatever gender you prefer along, if you have that kind of mood. Even better if one is a musician. Don't turn the taps as hot as they'll go: I've already learned, unpleasantly, that her temperature tolerances go a bit beyond those of the rest of us.

But besides that: I don't have a good read on you yet. If I needle you, will you respond in kind, or will you sulk? What do you really feel about my stated intentions for your nation? Do you even feel like it's still your nation? You were away for an awfully long time, after all, and there's really no telling what those Elements might have done to put you into your current state of mind.

In other words, I need to get to know you better. What would you say to lunch? Dinner? Coffee? Have you even tried coffee yet? I know a few places. I know a few places that can be suitably discreet about even a Princess. Or maybe you'd like the thought of venturing out as someone else? I can arrange that. Would it intrigue you, to be able to see the common pony without being recognized as an alicorn? Your sister wouldn't even have to know you were ever gone, if we timed things just right. Of course, this could all be a nefarious ploy to get you apart and alone... but are you afraid of any trap I could lay? Are you confident enough to try and get your own read on me? How will you even react to such blatant manipulation?

I've enclosed an address. Do write back if I have your interest.

Yours, if that's what you're into,
Queen Chrysalis




P.S. I'm serious about the bath. It is one of the few pony creations in this world that I genuinely envy.