• Published 8th Oct 2020
  • 5,967 Views, 595 Comments

The Boy Who Disappeared - computerneek



As Harry grew up, he knew something wasn't right. He never told the world- and then, before he ever saw his Hogwarts letter, everything changed.

  • ...
27
 595
 5,967

Chapter Closed

“You’re right on time, Princess.”

Flurry blinked. “On time?” she asked. “For what?”

“We just-!”

A small explosion of light and noise appeared right in between them- a hailstorm of thaumic discharges, a very powerful teleport. Some part of Flurry’s mind absently noted Starlight’s weapons- including spells- flashing back up again while her own horn charged for some devastation, before she even realized what had arrived.

It was Prince Blueblood, layered over with so much spell armor she was sure he was basically indestructible. He was standing on a bloodied earth stallion.

“Say that again,” he snarled.

Flurry blinked, and looked again. It wasn’t an earth stallion at all- that bloody spot on his forehead used to be a horn!

“I will not!” the stallion gasped defiantly, struggling to stop Blueblood from crushing his one good leg against him- all three of the others were already badly mangled.

Flurry raised an eyebrow.

“Interrogation Chamber,” Starlight barked, so suddenly that Flurry jumped. “Now.”

Blueblood looked up, then he looked around, apparently surprised by the number of armored ponies around him. And by just how many of them had blood on their weapons- Flurry had noticed, before she had landed, that at least half had, despite only being in the fray for a couple seconds.

As for herself, it wasn’t until a good number of them sheathed their blades that she realized they’d drawn them once again.

“Lightning, Spitfire,” Rainbow ordered, and the two mares stepped forwards, while Blueblood stepped back, off of the crippled stallion.

“He was the leader,” Blueblood informed them. “Said that once they got Flurry, it’d be impossible to bring the others back.”

Flurry tilted her head. “Once they got me? So it’s possible right now?”

Blueblood nodded. “That’s what it sounds like,” he told her. “For as long as you’re safe.”

Lightning Dust and Spitfire dragged the stallion mercilessly up the steps and into the Castle of Friendship, past Starlight, who watched them pass before she started disarming her weapons and spells once again. As she did so, Blueblood also started lowering his various spells.

Flurry took a deep breath, and let it out, before looking up at Starlight. “On time for what?”

“We caught one of the participants from the last attack,” Starlight informed her. “He talked about twenty minutes ago. He told us how to block that curse they’ve been using.”

Flurry nodded silently. “Convenient,” she stated. She then called up her own magic, using a holographic projection spell, and drew the memorized spell matrix in the air in front of them. “I memorized one of their spell bolts.”

Blueblood stepped closer. “That’ll make things easier,” he muttered.

Starlight also stepped up. She narrowed her eyes at it for a few seconds. “They’ve been sent across the dimensional barrier,” she stated. “Bound to some of the inhabitants there, who have gained their powers. If those they- their vessels- make it back to Equestria, and make physical contact with somepony that was struck by this spell but got reflected back here by their prospective host- meaning you, Princess- the other Princesses and Chrysalis will be instantly reconstituted exactly as they had been before, including their powers. Their vessels will not lose their new powers, nor will the return of our Princesses affect them, physically or magically, in any way.”

“How do you know?” Flurry asked.

Starlight pointed at a few points in the middle of the matrix. “Those are ‘notes modules’,” she stated. “They shatter the moment the spell begins its work, with no effect whatsoever. They’re usually used to document how a spell works- makes it easier for it to be improved later.” She snorted. “And a spell this large can’t be cast by hoof, only by thaumic pattern storage and recall, so they are preserved when it is used- up until it hits something.”

She blinked as Starlight named the very technique she’d used to memorize it. “Okay then.”

Blueblood scowled. “Does it say anything about Luna?”

Starlight looked at him, one eyebrow raised.

He shrugged. “I’m a bit rusty.”

She rolled her eyes. “Nothing at all,” she stated. “We think that spell came from the Deep South, so Tempest is headed down there to find out.” She glanced at Flurry. “Discord told us he could break it and get them out, but they likely wouldn’t survive it.”

Author's Note:

Patreon, Discord.

Alright. As of today, I am officially cancelling this story. I will probably rewrite it at some point- I really like the premise- but there were simply too many glaring problems for me to forgive. Flurry, for example, was just like Short Flight in Just Like Magic of Old, which was written at around the same time: Young, but acting at least twice their age.

She wasn't the only one, of course. The Potterverse peoples were also far too over-mature, and they got their powers too fast, and everything else.

Now, I have had at least one person ask for permission to write their own version. I have no objection to this- and if you're "continuing" the story as it now is, let me know and I'll link to it in this A/N.

I will do what I can for a "Chapter's End" skit if/when I publish the rewrite.