• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 1,477 Views, 6 Comments

Cybernetic ghost of Christmas past - ismfof fan



The Cybernetic ghost of Christmas past shows up in Ponyville

  • ...
 6
 1,477

the only chapter

After the changeling invasion was thwarted peace returned to Equestria. After several weeks, all damage done by the bug like creatures had been repaired and most ponies stopped worrying about another attack. But Twilight Sparkle was one of those ponies.

“Girls, I’m telling you the changelings will attack again! And the next time it happens we need to be prepared, that’s why I want you all to help me research them so we can learn their weaknesses” said a frustrated Twilight. She looked at her friends with large pleading puppy dog eyes; try as they might they couldn’t resist helping. After they all submitted they began to look through every single book in Twilight’s enormous tree library.Fluttershy was in charge of looking through books on animals, Pinkie sat on the floor with a pile of cook books around her searching for new recipes and not being very helpful. Rarity was looking through history books with Twilight while Applejack and Rainbow Dash were hoof wrestling for some odd reason. This went on for about three hours until the mares heard a loud crash.

Slowly and in unison all of the ponies in the library turned their heads to face the source of that noise. Even Spike walked down the stairs to see what was going on. Standing in the doorway was a strange metal creature. It was bipedal one of its hands resembled scissors, on its head was a metal Mohawk and its mouth looked like a ducks bill. The creature just stood there in the broken door way for several awkward seconds of silence.Finally Spike decided to be the first one to speak up.

“Um, who are you?” the young dragon asked

“I am the Ghost of Christmas past, I have come to tell you how the changelings came to be” said the ghost. Suddenly he raised his metallic scissor hand and a fog rolled in from out of nowhere. “Thousands of years ago there was no Equestria, there weren’t even ponies. There was only dirt and bugs; lots of dirt and bugs. The bugs formed into two tribes one was ruled by sir Santa of Claws and the other was a democracy”.

“That’s not how it happened!” challenged the purple librarian.

“Yes it is. You’re just jealous that you aren’t from the future like me.” At this Pinkie stepped forward.

“I thought you said were ‘the ghost of Christmas past’?”

“No I am a robot. I mean I am a ghost! You were trying to trick me weren’t you!?”

Rainbow face hoofed. “I’m so confused. How can you be a ghost and a robot at the same time?”

“I am both because In the future robots will win the war of ponies versus machine. Because in the future the past has occurred” said the cybernetic ghost. The ponies took a minute to look at each other then back at the strange machine then back to themselves and finally back to the machine one last time.

“Um I don’t mean to be rude darling are you sure that you’re ok?”

“I am better than you will be… tomorrow.”

“Whatever do you mean?” the machine sighed at hearing Rarity’s question. Once again he raised his hand.

“Thousands of years ago the bugs under the command of Sir Santa has exterminated their bug like foes. Why? Because they are bugs and bugs are stupid. After his victory over bugs Santa of Claws set out to turn his foe’s corpses into toys buy it didn’t work but they were tiny insects so he dumped his failed toys into a mass grave. That grave happens to be right were your shop is white one” it paused. “Do you remember that Christmas?”

“What? No, I don’t even know what Christmas is.” The fashion pony confessed. “But maybe you cou-”

“Thousands of years ago...” the fog rolled in yet again and everypony rolled their eyes. “After the great red ape had spent several years in Hawaii on vacation he was visited by a war like race of elves from the red planet. He enslaved them immediately and forced them to make toys using their galactic elven technology called ‘forevermoresantionados’. He gave these toys to his insect followers but they couldn’t use them. How could they? They were merely ants with their tiny ant brains.” Twilight snorted in annoyance and turned back to her friends.

“Girls group huddle”. They complied and soon a circle was made with the ponies and Spike all facing inward. Twilight was about to speak up again when she noticed that the “ghost” was in the huddle too.

“What? Am I not allowed?” They all shook their heads. “Alright then I’ll just stand over here” he walked away and stood in a corner of the library pinching his scissor hand open and closed just staring at them.

“Okay… now that that’s over with we need to talk about what we’re going to do with him?”

“This one’s nuttier than a pecan pie Twi” said Applejack. Rainbow and Rarity nodded their heads in agreement.

“Applejacks right, this thing is crazy. You should write to the princess and have her deal with it! That way we can resume napping.”

“Rainbow weren’t we supposed to be researching changelings?” asked Fluttershy.

“Oh yeah huh.”

“Spike write a letter to Princess Celestia and tell her we need her here.” The little dragon gave the group a thumbs up and ran upstairs to write the letter. Several seconds later he returned to the huddle. There the group waited for Celestia to show up. They didn’t have to wait long for the room was filled with a bright light. The light vanished and the solar princess stood in the center of the room. Twilight and the others coughed and waived her over, how she hadn’t noticed the robot yet was beyond them.

“Princess do you see that robot over there?” Celestia looked over her shoulder and saw the robot ghost and gave him a warm smile.

“Yes my student. What about him?”

“He’s crazy! He should be locked away. just look at him! He has all these sharp edges and blades, he broke my house and he won’t stop talking about some ape called ‘Sir Santa of Claws’. Can you deal with him please?”

“Do you all feel this is for the best?” Rarity nodded, Fluttershy gave an incredibly meek “yes”, Rainbow and Applejack both voiced their opinions on the robot. It was then that they realized that Pinkie was gone. They looked back to the robot and found him to be engaged it yet another story with Pinkie.

“…And that is how babies are made. For robots.” That was the last they would ever hear from him because Princess Celestia sent him to the moon so he couldn’t bother anypony anymore.

Comments ( 6 )

Oh god, somepony misspelled Christmas, nor the chapter at least starting with a capital letter. PewDiePie and some music are blaring in my ears, so maybe I'll enjoy this.

fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/123/c/1/pewdiepie_meets_giant_stephano_by_detective_may-d4yelxl.png

I can't tell whether to laugh, cry, or facehoof with this thing...

t.qkme.me/3pzq9t.jpg

Though rather short, it was still a somewhat funny read nonetheless. And if anypony could stand talking to the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past, it would be Pinkie. :pinkiecrazy:

1176025 Me neither, it was so hilariously bad. The grammar is horrifying, though the idea for the story is brilliant. It needs to be worded differently, and how come they know what Christmas is? Everypony knows that they're Celestials, and even if they did believe in Humanitarian faith, the closest religion to they'res, in terms of harmony, overseers, and peace, would have to be Judaism. Judaism and Celestialism, assuming that's what it's called, are very similar in the terms that I announced earlier. Christians and Equines wouldn't go hand and hand as well as Judaism and Celestialism would. However, Equines seem to be the dominant hoofers on Equestrian domain, so they have ties with the religions of Islam, Arab Islam, and Arab Judaism. I'm not saying that they will have to face Ramadan, the month in which Muslims don't eat or drink during dusk and dawn, or anything like that, but since the Arabs and Muslims are fighting and massacring Jews, who are the lesser dominant religion over in Israel (I'm also not saying that the ponies massacre others, because that would go against their "religion".), they have become the more dominant religion in the Middle East. Due to logic and reason, however, (now here me out), the ponies weren't just born the dominants. Sometime before Discord ruled and the settlers came to Equestria, back at old Equestria, the ponies might've set their importance one way or another. They might have killed some creatures to show their dominance; humans, also, weren't born as the leaders of the pack. According to science and history, Homo Sapiens were the most aggressive beings on the planet, setting their dominance at the natural birth of the human race. Cavemen and caveponies had to get food somehow, and back then, not everything were exactly friendly. I'm more than sure that Equines ought to have extinguished some sort of species in their struggle for dominance, rather for prior or recreational purposes.
All and all, the Equestrian civilization would tend to lean towards Arabian-Islam-Judaism, rather than Christianity.

mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw3051-1329759234901.jpg

fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/221/f/d/jew_pony___pony_commission_2_by_sirustalcelion-d46088p.jpg t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnwSa6B1ZgZtGsjdczn3dNoDzRlqLA-u_wyR-qe5ktkcR5wcjkDQ&t=1


This is more than likely how the ponies would dress themselves during a religious holiday, or some sort of religious gathering.

Yeah I could improve the grammer but this was meant to cure boredom during my 3 hour break between classes and most of those 3 hours was devoted to reading and re-reading several papers for my english professor (oh isn't irony great). Im glad you found it at least midly entertaining :twilightsheepish: And I shall go through correct all spelling errors that I find. Thank you gentlemen for pointing out the errors in this I really do appreciate it :scootangel:

Bwahahahaha! HERE I AM! :eeyup:

Certainly a random piece XD crazy you were able to think of it and write it during your breaks between classes O.o I wish I could write that fast :raritycry:

I found it honestly entertaining good sir, can't wait to see what you have for us in the future!

Hmm.... this is the first story i read on this website, and the first comment i left :D WOOT! :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment