• Published 7th Sep 2020
  • 1,471 Views, 35 Comments

Battle of the Worlds - Kitsune_Kenshi

  • ...
4
 35
 1,471

Prologue: The Invasion & Welcome back to Equestria

Author's Note:

IT IS ON!!!!

Theme for this chapter.

They came in so sudden, they butchered our men as if they're nothing. It all started during an Extraterrestrial Research by NASA, they've been searching through the outer space hoping to find what they seek. They did, but not in a way they expected.

August 13, 2019, just a week after the first contact, they came. In full forces. Then they attacked.

More than 15,000 were slaughtered that day, 5,000 were armed forces and the rest were just civilians. It's a massacre. These aliens took down Manhattan, New York, and the entire country of America. They'll continue advance towards west, until they reach Asia. Some of them advanced north-east, towards UK, and when they did, Earth will burn... Our Prime Minister declared war on these extraterrestrial mothers**kers. But the tide of the war did not go well, these aliens have more advanced technologies than us... But that doesn't mean we just sit there and wait for death to come... we fight these shits, each kills means less aliens, we have to kill as many as possible. But will we win? That's... a good question. I sure hope we do.

My name is Lance Wilson. A 22 year-old Pilot of the RAF, aka Royal Air Force.

When I was young, my grandfather used to tell me stories every night before I go to bed. He is a great story teller, but what I enjoyed and wondered the most, is his fight during world war 2, in a place called Equestria. He'd only told me about it, never anyone else, he said it was too dangerous for the world to know and he trusted only me. I loved his story, especially the part where his Griffon friend name Gallus saves his two friends from the hellfire of the battlefield and the award ceremony. He even showed me the medals he received from Winston Churchill.

Time can be merciless.

Last year, very unfortunate, my grandfather passed away. Peacefully in his sleep.

I still remembers the stories he used to tell me, the same old hilarious jokes. He's my star, the guide of my life, and the fist human to ever go to a place outside Earth. Equestria.

Before he passed, he always wanted to go back to Equestria, to see his friends one last time. But it never came true.

I carried on his dream. I have this small bag on my necklace, it contains a small piece of my grandfather's ash. I followed his footstep and became a pilot of the RAF. I wanted to make my old man proud of me.

I fly a F-35B "Lighting" II, a fifth gen stealth point strike fighter. And I nicknamed it 'Gallus', because he's my favorite from the stories grandfather told me about, and also to honor my old man.

(~)

(3rd POV)

"Trigger, this is Warhawk, any sign of the bogeys?"

"Negative, Warhawk, god knows where did these f**kers went."

Trigger is Lance's codename, while Warhawk was the codename for his best buddy and friend; Richard K Johnson, an former USAF captain, after the fall of North America, Richard went to UK, joined the RAF and continue his vengeance on the aliens, who murdered his wife and children including many of his men.

They're currently on a recon mission, to scout the aliens' route. But this is a recon mission, so they got orders not to engage unless told to. Warhawk knows about Lance. Everyone in the RAF should know by now that Lance Wilson is a bloody daredevil.

Last time on a mission, Lance attempted to ram himself into an alien cruiser, but luckily, that cruiser retreated before he could hit it. He was bencfrom 'Gallus' for three weeks. Pain in his ass.

And this time, the control center told Warhawk to keep an eye on this crazy son of a b**ch.

Suddenly, Lance's radar began to beep.

"Four bogeys, 3 o'clock, angels 35 and descending; coming in hot!" Lance said.

"It could be UAVs from some other countries." Richard replied.

"Or aliens, com' on, let's check it out." Lance pulled his jet toward bogeys, Richard sighed before following his flight leader.

"Trigger, remember the orders; we do not engage unless we're attacked first." he reminded his friend.

"Yeah, yeah, enough with that shit." Lance muttered.

Suddenly, both RWRs on Richard and Lance's F-35 began to scream, they knew this sounded too well.

"Shit! We're locked! Deploy countermeasures!" Lance shouted as they both deployed flares while performing a barrel roll. A split second later, two plasma beams flew by their jets in incredible speed.

"Holy cow that was close." Richard sighed.

"Now we're attacked, let's go kill those fuckers." Lance said as he locked onto one of the starfighters, the HUD flashed 'in range', indicating that the AMRAAM had a lock. "Fox 3."

SWOOSH!!!

The AMRAAM was fired from the weapon bay, flying towards the starfighter at Mach 4.

The starfighter was hit on the left wing, it stumbled before erupting into strange green flames.

"Splash 1." Lance replied with a bit of excitement in his voice.

But his happiness did not last long.

The remaining three star fighters suddenly zoomed pass them and got onto their tails, their pulse-laser cannons firing in an intense fire rate, probably faster than the Vulcan.

"GOD DAMN IT!" Richard yelled, "ON YOUR SIX! SHAKE IT OFF!!!"

"TRYIN TO!!! THEY'RE TOO DAMN FAST!!!" Lance yelled back.

Lance felt his jet rumbled for a moment, he turned and saw his left wing smoking and leaking fuel. He's been hit.

"I'm hit! On my left wing!" Lance shouted, "Not a critical one, just the fuel leaking."

Lance then pushed his speed lever forward, reaching the speed of 1,200 kph, breaking the sound barrier. However it takes more than supersonic to shake off the starfighter. According to the actual combat info, this starfighter can go hypersonic in the atmosphere, outer space? Lightspeed cruising.

"I guess this is it." Richard said.

"NO IT'S NOT!!!" Lance screamed as he shut the throttle, brakes out and pulled up, got into a quick two-circle, at last getting onto the tail of the star fighter. He then tried to missile lock him, but the distant is too close, so he decided to use the 25mm GAU-22 cannon mounted on his jet.

BLRRR.

The star fighter's engine was torn to pieces as it exploded mid-air.

"WHOO!!!" Lance cried as he flew past the dead star fighter.

Suddenly, before he and Richard could react, a bright light beam coming from the skies above directly hit them both, it's so bright that both pilots screamed in agony as the light stand their eyes. After a brief moment, Lance was the first to open his eyes. But what he saw made his jaws dropped.

"Um... Lance?" Richard asked, a bit confused, "Is it just me, or we're flying above Vietnam?"

Before they could say anything, two shadows zoomed pass them, both in supersonic.

"Whoa! What the fuck was that?!" Richard exclaimed.

"The hell? F-4 phantoms?" Lance frowned as he saw the two incoming jets, "Shouldn't they be wrecked? The bloody hell are they doing here?"

A new voice popped into the radio, interrupting them both.

"This is the Equestrian Air Force speaking, you're entering the restricted airspace; indicate your ID, nationality, and the purpose of your flight. Leave immediately, leave immediately!" definitely male voice.

"The hell is Equestrian Air Force?" Richard asked.

"Equestrian... I heard it somewhere before..." Lance muttered. He suddenly jerked up. "EQUESTRIAN?!"

"This is Equestrian Air Force speaking, last warning, leave or you'll be fired upon." the voice spoke again, more serious this time. The F-4 wingman flew past the two aircrafts, while dumping flares and showing their arrangements; old-fashioned Sparrows.

"Son of a bitch! Just who the fuck you think you are?!" Richard growled.

"WAIT!" Lance switched to Phantom's radio channel and said, "Don't shoot! We mean no harm!"

'Indicate your ID, nationality, and purpose of your flight." The voice repeated.

"This is the British Royal Air Force pilot Lance Wilson speaking," Lance said, "we did not come here on purpose, we were engaging our enemies when suddenly we flew into this light beam. And next thing we know is flying above this forest with you guys."

The F-4 Phantom pilot who spoke froze. He is a Griffon with blue colored feathers on his chest and belly. It had been 20 years since he heard 'British Royal Air Force". From a man called Jacob Wilson. And this human is called Lance Wilson. Could it be?

"Alright, level out." he spoke through the radio to his wingman. "RAF pilot Lance, your jet's been damaged, follow us to our air field for repair."

Then the Phantoms switched course and went north. With the F-35s following them.

"What? We just follow them like that?" Richard asked, "Do you have any idea where we are and what are those... things on the Phantoms?"

"I believe I do," said Lance as he touched the little bag on his necklace, "grandfather, we're back in Equestria, at last." he smiled, "As for that 'thing' on the Phantom, it's a he. And he is a friend."

"What?" Richard was totally confused.

"Just wait till we hit the air field," Lance said, smirking, "I'll tell you the story."


The Equestrian Air Force's F-4E Phantom II

(Okay, ever since Jacob left, the technology in Equestria continued to advance. After Twilight became the new ruler of Equestria, jets entered service in the Equestrian Air Force. They continued to improve their jets and are currently flying the F-4 Phantoms.)