• Published 19th Sep 2020
  • 2,919 Views, 209 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 12 - twilightsparkle3562

  • ...
7
 209
 2,919

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 21: "Twilight the Hero"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: In an effort to save the life of a badly injured victim after one of Grogar's attacks, Twilight offers to donate her blood.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash/Nurse Redheart

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity/Luna

Nicole Oliver as Celestia

Kazumi Evans as Moondancer

Peter New as Doctor Stable/Donkey Soldier

Zach Leblanc as Star Tracker

Patrica Drake as Twilight Velvet

Doc Harris as Grogar

Alvin Sanders as King Sombra

Doug Parker as Terrorsaur

Keith Szarabajka as Laserbeak

Emily Blunt as Fizzlepop "Tempest Shadow" Berrytwist

Julie Andrews as Gentle Breeze

Dick Van Dyke as Gentle Gust

"My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" Season 12, Episode 21

"Twilight the Hero"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

From up in his palace on the moon, Grogar eagerly waited in his throne room for news to arrive and sure enough, Sombra emerged with it. "The spies have intelligence?" He asked in an impatient voice.

"Yes, my emperor," Sombra answered, bowing slightly. "The spies report that Twilight Sparkle and her friends are attending the annual Traders Exchange in Rainbow Falls."

Sitting back in his throne, Grogar pondered the possibility of eliminating his enemies once and for all. "Hmm, a trade exchange?" He remarked. "Interesting. What do you think, Scarface?"

The scar faced grizzly bear looked back at his master and could only snort.

"Traders exchanges. The one time where fools go to gather and trade their most treasured items," Grogar grinned. "Sombra, what else do they say?"

"The spies say that the princesses are due to arrive into Rainbow Falls at sundown tonight." Sombra answered.

"On the evening train from Ponyville no doubt," Grogar muttered. "Sombra, hereby I leave it to you to carry out an attack on the Rainbow Falls Trade Exchange. Ensure that the princesses and anyone who gets in the way is silenced forever. Go find some volunteers to accompany you, I will not leave this up to chance. If you should somehow fail, I will hold you personally responsible and punish you severely. Don't let me down."

Smiling evilly, Sombra took his mission in stride and departed the throne room, leaving Grogar to ponder the possible outcome of this mission.

"With their six leaders out of the way, Scarface," Grogar laughed. "Equestria will soon be mine!" But Grogar had no idea that his second-in-command would make a grave error.

At her royal suite in Canterlot, Twilight Sparkle was looking forward to the impending Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange. Although she had royal duties first and foremost, her mind was locked on getting to the exchange for the first time since she was named supreme ruler of Equestria. She felt it would be a nice distraction. "All right," She muttered to herself. "Letter of condolence to the ambassador of Saddle Arabia is signed. What's next, Spike?"

"Um, this just arrived this morning," The young dragon said, looking over at a gray envelope. "It says this is from…Star Tracker."

Remembering this particular pony, Twilight took the envelope from Spike and opened it, sitting back in her chair and reading it to herself:

Dear Princess Twilight,

I've been thinking about you ever since you became supreme princess. We should get together sometime when your royal duties aren't overwhelming you. Hope all is well!

Sincerely,

Star Tracker.

Smiling, Twilight put the letter on her desk.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute," Spike protested. "Isn't that the pony you told me you stomped your hoof on in frustration?"

"Errr…yes," Twilight replied, trying to shake off her moment of embarrassment. "But he's not all bad, Spike. Star Tracker is really a pony who just wants to understand me on his own level. It's not like we're in love or anything. I don't have time for romance as the supreme princess of Equestria."

"Right." Spike added, unable to resist rolling his eyes.

Getting up to her feet, Twilight took the letter off her desk and placed it in the desk drawer. "We should totally meet up," She declared. "Maybe after the exchange tomorrow. Besides, I don't think he's met my friends yet or even Celestia and Luna."

Just then, she heard a knock at the door and the door opened to reveal Moondancer on the other side. "Um, excuse me, Twilight?" She asked while peeking out into the room. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"No, not at all, Moondancer," Twilight said in a warm voice. "What is it?"

"Gentle Breeze and Gentle Gust just sent a note to me confirming your appointment with them for this afternoon." Moondancer answered, holding a small paper in her aura.

"Thanks, Moondancer," Twilight sighed, stretching out her wings. "At least we don't have to get to Rainbow Falls until the morning. I could sure use the rest."

"I can see why." Moondancer chuckled as Twilight made her way out of her study.

For the rest of the day, Twilight went about her royal duties while at the same time near Rainbow Falls, Sombra and several donkey soldiers teleported themselves into a small valley near the rail line.

"All right, you fools," Sombra whispered, glancing to his platoon. "The train bearing the princesses is expected to arrive in a few hours, if not sooner. Spread out and prepare yourself for attack! I don't want any screw-ups!"

Doing as they were told, the donkeys spread themselves out across the perimeter while Sombra laid low behind some rocks. Using his magic, he prepared several spells that he intended to use in his attack. "There," he chuckled as several green flashes of dark magic flickered in his horn. "Six deadly spells for six princesses. I love it when I'm nasty. And the best part is, they'll never see it coming!"

Just then, Sombra looked up and saw what appeared to be a condor flying overhead followed by a pterodactyl. He realized that the Predacons had also been informed of what was happening. "What are they doing here?" Sombra thought to himself as the two fliers transformed from beast to robot mode.

"Grogar informed us that you might need backup." Terrosaur explained as he landed.

"Yes, to take care of the six princesses." Laserbeak added.

"This doesn't concern either of you," Sombra remarked to the two Predacons. "Now go away! I can handle this just fine."

Turning his back to them, Sombra waited for them to leave, but they didn't, "I said leave! That's an order!"

"Well too bad, we don't take orders from you. We're here because Megatron was told by Grogar to send us," Terrosaur explained. "He said that he wants the Predacons to get involved in the war again."

"Don't you have your own war to fight?" Sombra asked, turning his head slightly back to them. "With the Maximals? Or did that good for nothing Megatron dispose of them and actually do something right for a change?"

Terrosaur placed a hand on Sombra's shoulder and bent down to his level, turning his body around to Sombra with a halfway jerk. "Hey, Megatron just thought you could use a helping claw. We're all in this together, Sombra," Terrosaur chuckled. "Right, Laserbeak?" The condor predacon laughed as he prepared his weapon.

Realizing that he didn't have much of a choice, Sombra reluctantly allowed the two Predacons to stay with him and the donkeys. "All right, you idiots," He groaned. "Spread yourselves out around the area where my troops are. But don't fire until you see a train pull up."

Laughing, Terrorsaur and Laserbeak did as they were told, leaving Sombra to regret his decision. "If I was still king of the Crystal Empire," He thought to himself. "They would be executed for their foolishness. Why doesn't my emperor trust me enough to take care of this on my own?"

So, the dark forces of Grogar waited and waited. Soon it was sundown and the evening train from Ponyville to Rainbow Falls was slated to arrive.

Readying his spells, Sombra prepared for the mission that he and his comrades would soon carry out. "Any moment now," Sombra thought to himself as he and the donkey soldiers readied their weapons.

A pair of donkey soldiers advanced towards the edge of the train station with their weapons drawn while trying to stay hidden from view, and at the same time another group approached the other end of the train station.

Suddenly, the sound of a whistle was heard and Sombra slightly raised his head up from behind the rock, trying to get a good view for his target. "Don't fire until you see the princesses." He commanded to the others, careful to keep his voice low to avoid being overheard if his enemies were sending out a scouting party.

Pulling to a stop, the train's doors opened and from their own hiding places, two bushes in front of the station, Terrosaur and Laserbeak could not hold in their self-control.

"ATTACK!" Terrorsaur screeched and began opening fire from his shoulder guns while Laserbeak did the same, firing his lasers at the arriving passengers.

The donkeys also fired their weapons at anypony at random and Sombra readied his magic to fire at his targets! But suddenly, he realized something was wrong and found that neither Twilight or her friends were on the train. "Cease firing!" He commanded, his face filled with panic. "Cease firing! We have to retreat! The princesses have tricked us!"

Firing a magic signal from his horn, Sombra quickly caught the attention of the donkey soldiers and the two predacons.

"What is that fool doing?" Terrosaur cried, suddenly stopping his firing and seeing the donkey soldiers pulling back from the train station. "We can't be pulling back now! We've got them right where we want them."

Meanwhile, seeing the same signal, Laserbeak stopped his firing and quickly transformed, taking to the skies. Irritated by what had just happened, Terrorsaur also transformed to robot mode and quickly flew away.

Racing back to Sombra's position the donkey soldiers were confused by what was happening. "Something's wrong," Sombra said to his platoon. "The princesses were not on board the train! Somehow they must've caught wind of our plan and sent a decoy to lure us out."

"But, King Sombra…" A donkey soldier protested only to be silenced by a black bout of dark magic on his mouth.

Tapping into his teleport powers, Sombra quickly transported himself and the donkey soldiers back to Grogar's palace on the moon.

However, the damage had been done at the Rainbow Falls train station. Many ponies laid severely wounded from the attack and among them, still seated in one of the train cars…was Star Tracker. His body hanging limp.

Meanwhile, back at Canterlot Hospital, Twilight was relaying to Gentle Gust and Gentle Breeze the story of how she had met Star Tracker.

"So this pony named Star Tracker," Gentle Breeze inquired as Twilight took a sip of her hot cocoa. "You say you first met him on a cruise orchestrated by a minotaur intending to profit off of you and Princess Cadence? How interesting."

"Yeah, it was 'interesting' to say the least," Twilight chuckled. "Star Tracker isn't who I made him out to be, though. He's just a pony looking to build friendships like I once did. Once you get to know him he's not so bad."

"There's nothing wrong with having a normal friendship, princess," Gentle Gust replied. "Gentle Breeze and I…we've been friends for a very long time now because of our interest in helping other ponies like you, Twilight."

"That is true," Twilight nodded. "Much like myself and my own friends when you think about it. But perhaps, after the traders exchange this weekend, Star Tracker and I should think about meeting in private."

"I think that would be a great idea, Twilight. It could be just the thing to get your mind off your princess troubles for a while," Gentle Breeze remarked. "Thanks for telling us all about him."

Just then, the sounds of rushing hoofbeats were heard outside the door to the office along with the sounds of knocking.

"What's going on?" Twilight asked, looking back to the door and walking over to it. "Who's there?"

Opening the door, Twilight looked to see Tempest Shadow panting feverishly with a look of panic on her face. "Captain Tempest, what is it? Is something wrong?"

"P-princess," Twilight's Captain of the Royal Guard tried to say. "There's…there's been an attack in Rainbow Falls! A train of civilians at the station was fired upon!"

Immediately, Twilight's heart sank and a shocked look befell her face!

"At attack in Rainbow Falls?!" Twilight cried. "When did this happen?!"

"About an hour ago, according to intelligence," Tempest answered. "Our sources report twenty five dead or near death, and dozens more injured. Many of them are being transported here to Canterlot General Hospital as we speak. Medical personnel from all over the kingdom have been called in to assist."

Realizing that she needed to see to this immediately, Twilight turned back to her two therapists, who nodded that she should go. "How did this happen?" She firmly asked Tempest as they left the office.

"It was an ambush, plain and simple. The target was probably meant to be you and the other princesses," Tempest replied. "Supposedly, two of the attackers were Predacons, including the one that attacked Vapor Trail and Sky Stinger."

Right away, Twilight began to get a suspicion of what was going on. "Tempest, has Optimus been informed?" She inquired.

"Yes, he's already sending several of the Maximals to Rainbow Falls to help out and investigate. Some of them have been tending to the less wounded at the site, and others have been transporting patients to Canterlot. There are also reports that King Sombra was spotted in the area alongside the Predacons."

Twilight stopped in her tracks when she heard the news that Sombra was there in Rainbow Falls. "What?!" She gasped. "Where is he now?!"

"He's gone, and it looks like the Predacons and donkey soldiers fled with him," Tempest reported. "He must've retreated upon realizing his target wasn't there."

As she was briefed, Twilight heard the sounds of running doctors and nurses coming down the hallway and realized that the first of several of the victims were arriving at any moment. "Grogar must have ordered this," She said in a low, angry tone. "The coward! Tempest, have my friends been notified?"

"Yes, they are on their way here as we speak." Tempest answered.

Just then, the sounds of a stretcher's wheels were heard and a few moments later, a group of doctors and nurses wheeled a patient into the emergency room. However, Twilight noticed a streak of yellow mane and a patch of dark blue underneath the blanketing of the stretcher. A sickening feeling befell her upon realizing who it might be.

"Princess, where are you going?" Tempest asked as Spike followed. "Princess!"

But Twilight was too focused on identifying the gravely injured patient for her to stop. She hoped beyond hope it wasn't him, but deep down she had a sickening feeling that that it was who she thought it was.

"Twilight, what's wrong?" Spike asked.

"It's Star Tracker," Twilight answered her royal advisor in a panicked voice. "He's among the victims, Spike. I know it."

Following the stretcher, Twilight saw the stretcher going into the operating room as several more doctors and nurses went inside. Knowing that she would not be allowed, Twilight stopped in her tracks as she could only imagine what was going on.

A little while later, Twilight's fellow princesses arrived at the hospital shocked and disgusted by what had just transpired in Rainbow Falls.

"Okay, Sombra's gone too far this time!" Rainbow Dash declared as she stormed into the hospital. "Destroying the Elements of Harmony is one thing, but attacking innocent ponies and even killing some?! The next time we see him, he's a dead stallion!"

"All who did this deplorable act will suffer my wrath!" Rarity cried, her horn glowing in rage. "Every single pony will be avenged!"

"I'd better prepare all of my party cannons for this!" Pinkie Pie added. "Say the word and we'll pounce on that no good Sombra! We can't let him get away with this!"

But trying to maintain a stable head, Applejack felt that she wanted to get more information before doing anything rash. Seeing Doctor Stable in his hospital garb, she went over to him. "Doc, what's happenin'?" She asked, walking alongside him. "How many patients are there?"

"Right now, we have about fifty or so and they're all in really bad shape," Doctor Stable hastily answered. "Excuse me, Princess Applejack."

"Fifty?! I had no idea it was this bad!" Applejack cried, gesturing her fellow princesses over to her. "Let's find Twilight! She'll know what to do next, I hope."

Soon, they all found Twilight still standing at the entrance to the operating room.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy cried as Twilight turned around to see all her friends.

"Thank heavens you all came as quick as you can!" Twilight gasped, briefly getting into a group hug with them. "Star Tracker's in there."

"The pony you met on that cruise?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes." Twilight solemnly answered, her eyes focused on the doors to the emergency room.

"I don't get it," Rainbow frowned. "Why would someone like Sombra attack ponies without any reason? This wasn't just an attack, this had a purpose!"

"Anypony who is evil doesn't need to have a reason for their actions," Rarity declared. "We've all seen it firsthoof."

Just then, the door opened and Doctor Stable stepped out of the operating room as he removed his mask. "Princess Twilight?" He asked. "What are you doing here?"

"A pony I know personally is in there," Twilight answered. "How is he?"

"Star Tracker?" The doctor asked, looking back to the operating room. "He's hurt really badly, Princesses. Multiple wounds all over his body and he's lost about eighty percent of his blood."

Twilight couldn't believe what she was hearing. A pony who was one of her biggest fans was now on the verge of death.

"We have him in a medically induced coma," The doctor sighed, lowering his head in shame. "But I don't know if he'll pull through without a blood transfusion."

Twilight could only react in both sadness and anger at what had been said.

Soon the doors opened again and Star Tracker was wheeled out, a heart monitor beeping to track his heart movements.

Twilight wanted to cry, but she couldn't bring herself to do so. Walking over to a wall against the emergency room, she placed herself against it and slid down, lowering her head in sadness.

"Princess Twilight, I can assure you that we will do everything we can to save him," Doctor Stable somberly declared. "But you might have to…"

"No!" Twilight pleaded in a tear filled voice, catching her friends by surprise. "No, I can't accept it! He's far too young!"

"Twilight, we may have to face the facts," Applejack reminded her friend in a gentle voice. "Remember what happened to Granny Smith…"

"Star Tracker will not end up like Granny Smith! He's young, he's got his full life ahead of him! He deserves to live!" Twilight tearfully declared to Applejack, causing her to step back slightly. "What kind of blood does he have, doctor? Answer me!" She shouted, causing the doctor to jump back slightly.

"Um, um, he has type…type AB." Doctor Stable answered.

"I have type AB as well," Twilight declared. "I will give him some of my blood!"

The rest of Twilight's friends gasped in shock by what their friend had just said.

"Twilight, you need to think about this!" Applejack advised.

"Applejack's right," Spike added, flying in front of Twilight. "What if something were to happen to you?"

"If it did Equestria would find a way to survive," Twilight protested in a sob-filled voice. "But nothing's going to happen to me! Star Tracker deserves to live. And if I can help that become a reality, I'll do it!"

Rising to her hooves, Twilight made her way away from the emergency room and proceeded to Star Tracker's room in the intensive care unit. All she could do was see Star Tracker lying on his back with an oxygen mask on his face.

Opening the door, Twilight stepped inside and looked down at the pony who was her biggest fan. Trying to hold back her raw emotions, Twilight placed her hooves on the very hoof that she stomped on in frustration over missing the Northern Stars. "Live," Twilight tearfully whispered. "Please…live, Star Tracker. I beg you to live. I'm going to do whatever I can to help you, but you have to live!"

From outside the room, Twilight friends could only watch in disbelief at what was transpiring before them.

Just then, Gentle Breeze and Gentle Gust arrived on the scene and were just as equally discouraged by what they were seeing. Silently, they approached Twilight and placed their hooves on her shoulder.

Twilight turned around to her two therapists. "He needs to live," She declared to them in a quiet voice. "He just has to. It isn't fair that he should die because of me. I was the target, he wasn't. If I hadn't postponed the trip to Rainbow Falls until tomorrow he would still be alive, and I would've been ready to fight Sombra head on if I had to."

"Twilight," Gentle Gust whispered. "Sometimes we may have to face reality that the ones we love may not make it. You can't save everyone, no matter how much you may want to."

"We…we have the same blood type," Twilight said, looking at her two therapists briefly before turning back to the comatose Star Tracker. "I'm…I'm not taking no for an answer. I'm going to try and save him. He would do the same for me if he could."

Throughout the night, Twilight could barely sleep at her Castle of Friendship. All she could do was think about Star Tracker and how he needed to survive this cowardly act by Grogar.

The next morning, a knock was heard at the door and answering the door, a familiar white coated earth pony with a pink cross outline and a red heart for a cutie mark was on the other side. "Princess Twilight?" She asked and Twilight nodded in reply that she was. "I'm Nurse Redheart. I understand you wish to donate your blood to try and save the life of one of the victims?"

"Yes," Twilight answered firmly. "I'll do whatever it takes! Please come in."

Stepping back, Twilight allowed for the nurse to step into the Castle while Celestia and Luna watched from the dining room.

"Sister, do you think Twilight's doing the right thing?" Luna asked with a worried voice. "What if…"

"Luna, you and I both know we've never doubted Twilight for anything she's done before and we shouldn't intend on starting now," Celestia declared. "This is a decision that is hers and hers alone. She's put herself in harm's way and at risk several times before, this is no exception. She knows the risks."

A few moments later, Twilight was led back to her bedroom and as she was being prepped, the rest of her friends arrived on the scene to watch Twilight do her courageous act along with her parents. "What are you all doing here?" Twilight asked in a tired voice.

"We're goin' to watch you do this, sugarcube" Applejack declared, clutching Rainbow Dash's hoof. "No way you're goin' to do this alone."

"We love you, Twilight," Twilight Velvet tearfully declared as she hugged her brave daughter. "Star Tracker is proud of you for doing this for him."

As the tourniquet was tied around her foreleg, all Twilight could think of was seeing Star Tracker beat the injuries he had sustained in the attack at Rainbow Falls.

"And we're all with you, Twilight," Celestia declared, clutching Luna's hoof as alcohol was rubbed down on the site where the needle would be placed on Twilight. "You can do it!"

Looking up at the ceiling of her bed, Twilight braced herself for the pinch of the needle. "This is for you, Star Tracker." she whispered as she felt the needle go into her.

"Okay, just relax now, brave princess." Nurse Redheart whispered as Twilight's blood seeped into the collection bag.

For ten agonizing minutes, the blood flowed and all Twilight's friends and family could do was watch. Both Celestia and Luna couldn't help but feel emotional at the courageous act Twilight was performing before their very eyes.

Finally, the bag was filled and a bandage was placed on Twilight's wound as Nurse Redheart left with the bag.

"Let her rest," Twilight Velvet suggested to Twilight's friends and complying, they all left Twilight's room leaving only her parents and mentors. "Well done, Twilight. We love you."

Weakly, Twilight turned to her mother and smiled warmly, knowing that she had done a great deed.

Meanwhile, up on the moon, Grogar had summoned Sombra and the donkey soldiers who accompanied him into his throne room.

"You idiots!" Grogar thundered as he paced back and forth. "You attacked the wrong train! The princesses still live!"

"But it was the right train, sir," A donkey soldier protested. "It was just…"

"SILENCE!" Grogar yelled in an angry voice, his horn glowing with rage. "It was the wrong train! Obviously you failed to realize that the princesses would be travelling in their own train for security purposes! Because of your stupidity, we lost our best chance to gain the advantage in this war!"

"There will be others, my emperor," Sombra cried. "I promise you that there will be other chances to get rid of Princess Twilight and her friends!"

Enraged, Grogar lifted Sombra up and threw him down onto the floor with his magic while he towered over his second-in-command.

"Sombra," Grogar whispered. "As my second-in-command, you are responsible for leading and carrying out my orders properly and efficiently. Don't let this happen again, or else you'll suffer the same fate as the Storm King!"

"But…" Sombra gasped. "It was the Predacons who fired the shots! It was them that carried out the blunder!"

"Then why did you say nothing to them?!" Grogar growled, releasing his grip on Sombra. "Very well, then! Bring me Megatron at once! He's got some explaining to do!"

And Grogar would ensure that a critical mistake like this would not be tolerated again!

PreviousChapters Next