• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 24,304 Views, 116 Comments

Grave - Dark Colt Sabata



Even the strongest of friendships can be broken, you don't know what you have until you've lost it.

  • ...
33
 116
 24,304

Friendship Is a Lie

“In fact if I were you, I wouldn’t show up to the wedding at all.” That was the last thing that Shinning Armor said before leaving the room.

Her sister, Twilight Sparkle, just stared at the door closing with tears on her eyes. Her coat and eyes were purple, her mane and tail too with a pink stripe. Her cutie mark resembled a star purple star with some sparkles around it.

The mind of the poor purple unicorn was too clouded with the cruel words that his brother said to her. She was just trying to protect his brother’s future, she didn’t wanted him to marry an evil pony such as Cadence. She was Twilight’s foalsitter in the past but that kindness was replaced by a cruel witch that wants to ruin Shining Armor’s life.

Twilight turned to her friends who were looking at her the way as her brother, a look that showed nothing but pure hatred. After a minute of silence her mentor Princess Celestia walked over to her gazing at her. Her coat was as white as snow, her mane and tail were almost the same color as a rainbow and it flowed like if a breeze was blowing even though it wasn’t, her cutie mark was none other than an image of the sun, perfect for the pony who is in charge of raising and lowering the sun.

“I never expected this from you Twilight, I’m very disappointed,” She said in a cold and merciless voice still looking at her as if she had committed genocide.

Twilight looked at her friends, but unlike Celestia, their faces were of disappointment and sadness. She got up and began speak to them “Girls I-”

“What’s wrong with you?” Rainbow Dash interrupted her. Her mane and tail were of the colors of the rainbow, her coat was cyan , her eyes are of a violet color, her cutie mark was a cloud with a multicolored thunder striking down. “I thought you’d be happy that your brother is getting married!” Shouted the furious pegasus.

“Honestly darling, I thought you weren’t capable of something so horrible.” That unicorn with the high class-like accent is Rarity. Her coat was white too, her mane and tail are purple colored and styled in a glorious fashion, her cutie mark is of three diamonds.

The Pink pony who remained quiet is called Pinkie Pie. Her mane and tail were both bubbly, as if she had cotton candy in them. Her coat was Pink too and she has three balloons as a cutie mark. Her talent is partying but this wasn’t the time for them.

The yellow pegasus was looking at Twilight sadly just like Pinkie, feeling bad that she would ruin the wedding of her own brother. Her mane and tail were of a light pink color. Her coat is yellow with three butterflies for a cutie mark.
“Come on all, let’s go check on her” said the orange pony named Applejack. She has blonde mane and tail. She has a brown cowboy hat, and orange coat and three apples for a cutie mark. She left with the 4 other ponies leaving Twilight and Celestia alone.

Twilight opened her mouth to speak again but Celestia trotted past her stopping inches away from her. She muttered the words that crushed what was left of Twilight’s soul, something that hit Twilight so hard that she actually found more tears to shed.

“You have a lot to think about.” That’s what she said before trotting out of the room and closing the room with her magic, leaving Twilight alone to keep crying on the floor.

She couldn’t believe it, she was sure that Cadence was evil but that wasn’t the case after all. She was more than crushed, she lost her friends, her brother, her mentor and even her family. She didn’t care if somepony was watching, she lost everything she cared and loved because of Cadence. The bonds that she, her friends and her brothers have created have been broken just like that.

“They don’t love me,” Twilight said between sobs “They don’t love me anymore.” She stood up and looked outside the window seeing the beautiful scenery of Canterlot wiping her tears.

“They didn’t try to defend me, my friends of all ponies haven’t even bothered to defend me!” She shouted wiping more of her tears. Twilight has been crying for a long time and it could be clearly seen that her eyes are bloodshot from so much crying.

She knew that her accusations sounded like she was being overprotective but she was sure that she was right, until now. She looked at the lands that were beyond Canterlot and Ponyville. Then she had an idea, nopony loves her, nopony would miss her, it was the perfect plan even if it sounded kinda childish.

Twilight hung her head down and started to walk outside the room to the outside world, never to come back, never to be loved from those who spent all of her life bonding with.

Across the room was Princess Cadence looking at Twilight leaving the room and closing it with her magic. Cadence turned around giving a big grin while her eyes shined green for a split second and then she completely disappeared in the darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After hearing from her sister about how Twilight suspected that Cadence was pure evil, Princess Luna was walking to the room were she was stating. Shining Armor’s testimony sounded kinda suspicious and she was 100% sure that there are no healing spells that makes a pony’s eyes to do that.

She could see Cadence’s room door being guarded by her sister’s guards, they stayed with their trademark look not moving a single itch and making sure that nothing goes wrong, these guards are well trained. It’s not possible that they would know if Cadence was being a jerk but it’s worth a try.

Both guards gave a salute at Princess Luna when she was approaching them “Greetings princess, how can we help you today?” The one on the left said.

“Yeah, I was wondering if the bride had shown any aggressive behavior.” She asked them in hope that she hadn’t.

“Now that you mention it, she verbally insulted us in the face for not finding cherry for her cherry sundae.” The guard on the right said giving a shudder, clearly not wanting to remember it.

“Uh huh,” Luna said nodding “And did she showed any signs of evil behavior?” She asked wanting to have a clear confirmation.

“Not as far as we kno-” The guard on the left tried to say but he was cut off by a singing voice coming from inside the room.

This day is going to be perfect
The kind of day of which I dreamed since I was small

The three ponies kept silence for a second to listen to the beautiful and enchanting singing from inside. Luna started to think that Twilight was being overprotective, maybe Cadence was a good pony after all.

Everypony will gather round
Say I look lovely in my gown
What they don't know is that I have fooled them all!

As good as a rotten apple. Their looks changed to a surprised expression, clearly not expecting that part. Before they did something Cadence started singing again, this time she sang louder.

I could care less about the dress
I won't partake in any cake
Vows, well I will be lying when I say
That through any kind of weather
I'll want us to be together
The truth is I don't care for him at all!

No I do not love the groom
In my heart there is no room
But I still want him to be all mine!

That was it, the ultimate proof that Cadence was not just evil but beyond evil and Celestia was too blind to figure it out. Twilight was right in the end, it also means that Shining Armor was in danger and that he’s about to marry an evil witch.

Then her eyes shot open when she remembered the threat that was made to Canterlot “Guards! search all of Canterlot from surface to underground for any invaders, I’ll round up all the other guards for apprehend Cadence.”

“But what about the captain?” The left guard asked.

“He’s clearly not on his right mind, so until this situation is resolved you’ll follow me and my sister’s orders, report to me after you’re done, understood?” She said while turning away from the guards.

“Yes your highness!” They both gave Luna a salute and started to carry out the orders they were giving. They wouldn’t ignore an order from their captain but an order from the princesses has more priority. Luna kept walking to her room and started thinking about how to save the wedding after the guards are done with their search.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day the wedding has continued as planned, the rings has been already been traded and the wows were already made, all that’s left is that Celestia wraps up the wedding. Everypony was there except for Twilight and Luna. Her friends and mentor are still worried about not finding Twilight, they would assume that she had sealed herself in her room reading a book but her room was empty, Twilight wasn’t there.

Of course, they are still mad at her for accusing Cadence to be evil and wanting to ruin her brother’s life, Twilight can be paranoid sometimes. Wasting no more time Celestia cleared her throat and spoke up again.

“Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, it is a great pleasure to pronounce you-”

“DON’T DARE TO FINISH THAT SENTENCE!!!” A loud voice boomed through the room taking everypony by surprise. Looking at the gates they were more surprised to see Princess Luna standing in the doorway.

“Luna? what are you doing?” Celestia asked giving a confused look at her sister.

“Sister, I’m afraid that this wedding is cancelled.” Luna said giving a glare at Cadence.
Everypony was whispering and awestruck by Luna’s sudden intervention, the element beares couldn’t think of a reason other than Twilight convincing her of her ridiculous suspicions. Cadence however, was getting irritated by so many interruptions lately and gave a slight growl, luckily for her no pony, not even her, heard the annoyed growl.

Her behavior quickly returned to that innocent sweet pony that everypony thinks they know “Princess Luna, why do you want to stop our wedding?” At this point she began to tear up “Why are all these bad things happen to me?”

“Drop the act impostor! we know the truth.” Luna yelled at her while she stomped a hoof to the ground in anger.

Everypony gasped at Luna’s sudden burst, they thought that she’s being possessed by Nightmare Moon again and that she’ll try to bring the nighttime eternal again starting by ruining the wedding.

However Celestia flied towards Luna, landing in front of her giving her the same merciless look that she gave to Twilight “Just what do you think you’re doing sister?” Celestia said.

“Celestia, Twilight Sparkle was right, that Cadence is an impostor and I can prove it!” Luna said with the biggest confidence that she could muster.

Celestia raised an eyebrow and cocked her head to the side “You do?”

“She does,” A familiar voice was heard. Everypony turned their attention to the figure coming from the door, which surprisingly was another Cadence, only thine one looked like she was locked away in a dungeon for months “This is my special day, not yours!” she said.

The other Cadence’s face changed to one of full horror when she said that, she remained calm and tried to think of a way for her plan to work “You! how did you found her? how did you escape my bridesmaids?” She asked.

Luna gave a smirk and walked up to meet her face to face “You underestimate the might of the Canterlot Royal guards.”

The fake Cadence didn’t seem worried at this surprisingly. She maintained her cool and stared daggers at Luna “Clever, but it’s too late now.” She said in a calmed tone while her eyes flashed green. Her horn burn yellow-green and a ring of matching flames lances up from the floor to encircle her completely, As all recoil from the infernal glare, the shaded wings flex in a sudden convulsion and transform into a tattered, insect-like pair. Next, the pink legs turn into hole-pocked, gray-black limbs, the transformation working down toward the hooves. Finally, the horn’s exterior strips away to expose a gouged, half-decayed black one underneath.

When the flames died down She can now be seen as a gaunt, long-legged, winged unicorn mare, basically like a bug version of an alicorn, the ends of her mane and tail are as pockmarked as her legs and horn. Her back is marked with a saddle-shaped patch of green hide or exoskeleton, and a grayish band of skin encircles her belly as if it were a strap holding this in place.

After she talked about her plan to take over Canterlot so that she can get more food for her Changelings by impersonating Cadence and marrying Shining Armor, Luna and Celestia walked up to her for a confrontation that will be written in history.

“You may have Shining Armor in your control, but now that you have foolishly revealed your true self,” Celestia said walking towards the changeling queen on her left side.

“We can protect our subjects,” Luna said walking to her on the right side “From you!” Both royal sisters said at the same time as they hovered in the air and shot a magic beam to her from both sides.

The beams coming from both sides the changeling queen’s horn glowed and a green shield formed around her successfully reflecting both beams back at the royal sisters. Both of them stared in shock as the magic was bounced back at them and knocking them from the air.

Cadence stared in horror and quickly ran to Celestia’s aid, Luna has been knocked out unconscious but some guards came in and are taking care of her. Cadence turned her attention back to Celestia and see if she can do something.

“Are you okay Celestia?” She asked with concern.

The changeling queen’s shield dispersed while she laughed like crazy, obviously satisfied for her victory over the princesses.

“Shining Armor’s love is stronger than I thought” She said now hovering “It makes me stronger than both Celestia and Luna!”

“Cadence listen to me,” Celestia said winning Cadence’s attention “You must find Twilight, the elements of harmony can’t be used without her.”

“What? Twilight isn’t here?” Cadence said, her eyes going wide.

“I made a mistake and I regret it, now go! there not much time!” With this, Celestia gave a pained groan obviously injured for the blast. Cadence looked at the five remaining element bearers, giving them a nod she bolted out of the room while they threw their bridesmaids dresses and followed her behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on, Celestia and Luna were sealed in some kind of cocoon just like everypony else. The doors swung open revealing the five element bearers and Cadence being forced inside by some Changeling, the sad look on their faces showed that they couldn’t find Twilight before they were captured.

tured.

“Back so soon?” The changeling queen mocked and laughing at them “It’s funny, Twilight was the only one suspicious of my behavior all along, Too bad the rest of you were too caught up in your wedding planning to realize those suspicions were correct!”

The five ponies remembered the time they left her alone in there, they started to think how she must have felt having everypony you love turned against you. Betrayed, broken, sad, and now lonely, they don’t blame Twilight, if any of them would be in her place and if it happened to any of them, wherever she is.

“Twilight where are you?” Cadence whispered as looked at the changelings roaming free in Carterlot and terrorizing everypony outside “We need you.” With that Cadence couldn’t hold back a tear knowing that the filly she used to take care of has gone missing to who-knows-where.

Shining Armor however was still in control of the queen and wasn’t aware of what was going on. The Changeling queen zoomed out in the balcony and started singing again, Cadence took this chance to go at Shining Armor’s side, she let another tear fall as she saw the state that her future husband is in. She pulled him into a hug making Cadence accidentally cast her magic that flew into Shining Armor, finally pulling him out of the queen’s control.

He instantly grabbed his head due to a headache greeting him after he was released of the trance, with a shake of his head he looked at his surroundings and noticed the big bug-like pony flying towards him.

“What’s happening?” Shining Armor asked still confused.

“I am what’s happening!” The queen said landing in front of the two ponies.

Cadence remembered the shield spell that Shining Armor told him about once, she didn’t waste any time and remember him of it “The spell my love! cast the spell!”

The queen laughed at their attempt to oppose her and started walking back to the balcony “It’s useless, my changelings already roam free, you can’t stop me.” she said, zooming out to see her handiwork again.

Lowering his head slightly, Shining Armor concentrates all his will on the single task of getting his horn to turn over. All he gets for his trouble is a feeble glow at the tip, though, and he lets his head drop in defeat.

“My power is useless now. I don’t have the strength to repel them.” He said hopelessly.

“My love will give you strength.” Cadence said while she nuzzled Shining Armor.

The queen however, laughed at their cheesiness and rolled her eyes “What a lovely but absolutely and totally ridiculous sentiment, I told you that it’s useless to stop me, why do you still bother?” She said continuing to watch her changelings destroying everything.

The severely thwarted newlyweds trade a look—grim resolve in his eyes, desperate pleading in hers—and he tries his horn again. This time, it emits a stronger glow and she brings hers close enough for an electric discharge to arc between the tips. They touch, creating a spark that glows purple and white as it steadily grows in size, and a circle of this same energy forms around the pair. Air currents circulate around them, causing Cadence’s mane to billow and sparkle as do those of Celestia and Princess Luna, and she and Shining trade a smile before concentrating again.

The spell slowly lifts them clear of the floor amid a stronger glowing aura. The five element bearers grin and avert their eyes of such beautiful brilliance. The changeling queen’s jaw drops open in total disbelief, and the hall begins to shake from the sheer amount of magical energy coursing through it. Shining and Cadence open their eyes fully, revealing them to be glowing pure white, and the power gathers into them for a moment before exploding outward as a white, heart-shaped shock wave.

The wave rockets toward the queen. She manages only a strangled yelp of surprise before getting her tongue to behave itself. She is flung outward in a crash of breaking glass. The blast clears away the changelings around all over Canterlot. Outside the city could be seen one cataclysmic burst that hurls both the screaming queen and every last one of her minions toward the distant horizon in all directions.

“I told you this was a stupid idea my queen!” One of her changelings said while they were still flying in the air.

“Oh shut up number 34!” The queen shouted at him while they kept flying towards the unknown destination that waited for them.

Back at Canterlot, Shining and Cadence float gently back down to the dais. Her mane has resumed its typical, non-billowing appearance; they share a joyous embrace, but that was short lived as they remembered to check on everypony to see if they are alright.

Celestia and Luna walked up to them assuring that they are fine along with everypony else in the hall, but Shining Armor noticed that something’s missing.

“Wait, where’s Twilight?” He asked which earns a sad look from five peculiar ponies, the royal sisters and even Cadence who pulled away from him at that moment.

“We....we couldn’t find her.” Cadence said.

“What? Why? Why would she leave all of the sudden?” Shining Armor asked, terrified that her beloved ‘Twily’ is missing on the day of his wedding. Princess Celestia walked up to him and told him everything that has happened while he was under the changeling queen’s control, his anxiety only increased when he heard the way he treated her own sister, he wanted to apologize, to say that he’s sorry for what he did.

“Then what are we doing here? We have to find her!” He said while he galloped to the door.

“Wait! What about the wedding?” Rarity screamed at him while he’s running to the door.

Shining Armor stopped on his track, turning his attention to the element bearers “I can’t get married knowing that my sister has gone missing on the day of my wedding! you five come and search too.” He said receiving a nod from them and bolting out of the hall.

Celestia walked up to Cadence, whispering to her ear “You go too” in which she nodded, ran after Shining Armor and company to join them in their search for Twilight Sparkle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Attention all guards,” Luna’s voice ran through all of Canterlot so that the guards can hear her “The unicorn Twilight Sparkle has gone missing! look for her in all of Equestria, find her at all costs!”

After the announcement, every single guard in Canterlot began their search while her friends, brother and former foalsitter looked for her. Their search led them to Manehattan, Dodge Function, and Las Pegasus to name a few. But no matter where they look, no many how much search units are out there searching for the purple unicorn, no matter where they go.


Twilight Sparkle was nowhere to be found.